Park West Tavern
30 Oak Street
Ridgewood, NJ 07450Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Park West Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parkwesttavern.com/
- Phone: (201) 445-5400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: John Halligan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with television for 12-16 people.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Cole 2014455400
A word from Park West Tavern
The Park West Tavern is a Modern American Tavern serving only the finest and freshest ingredients in all Food and Beverage.Continued
COMFORT FOOD WITH AN ATTITUDE
COMFORT FOOD WITH AN ATTITUDE
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Park West Tavern - Best Restaurants in Ridgewood ›
Park West Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (21)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (5)romantic (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Good foodmeg555Dined on 11/13/2014I can't complain about any of the food. Everything we got was delicious! The waitress could have been a little nicer. She took our drink order one time and never came back to see if we needed another refill. We had to keep bothering the bus boy. The people in our party got the edamame, almond crusted chicken, scallops, steak, braised short ribs over garlic risotto, and for desert the banana pudding and the zeppoles. All of it was amazing! I would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PWTOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014One of my fave places to eat locally. Great wine list, delish food, friendly wait staff and overall a fun time alwaysSpecial Features:
- Love the PWTChristinaVIPDined on 11/5/2014I have gone to the Park West Tavern countless times and it is just as good every time. The food is always amazing and service is great. This time I tried the grilled romaine salad which happened to be fantastic! Can't wait for the Loft to open upstairsSpecial Features:
- Great Food for allifyoulovefoodDined on 10/25/2014Park West Tavern has a great menu, with excellent food. One of very few restaurants in Ridgewood with booze - Great selection of $25 - wines with American Craft Beer too. Home made pasta / Steak / Fish and Burgers -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingnsk321Dined on 10/25/2014Overpriced for low quality. $7 lobster slider that was smaller than my pinky. $26 pasta dish which contained (1) small chicken leg, swimming in broth. Waitress neglected to tell us the specials. Food came out quick so thankfully we got in and out of there and went down the street for dessert.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014I found Park West Tavern on Open Table when looking for a nearby place to take my colleagues for a special dinner. We were all VERY pleasantly surprised. The appetizers and specials all looked so good we decided to order tapas and share everything. The selections were unusual, such as the beef spring roll and the mini-pumpkin stuffed with gruyere, sage and bacon, but each of them was very tasty and well-presented. I'm certain each of us will go again.Special Features:
- Decent Food - Horrific ServiceObdictumDined on 10/11/2014We decided to give Park West Tavern (PWT) another try for dinner, having had bad experiences in the past. We were seated for our Fri 6:30 reservation promptly . . . and problems began soon thereafter. I cannot emphasize enough how disappointed and, actually, kind of furious, I am. Wife's entrée arrived cold. It was returned piping hot without even an apology - just SOP at PWT, apparently. My steak was cooked as requested, but by the time it arrived I couldn't enjoy it because I was so angry about all the delays and apparent disdain we encountered. Hey, when an entrée is $40, you're entitled to service, and you're entitled to be irked when you cannot find your server, let alone get the drinks/food you've ordered. This was my LAST trySpecial Features:
- Great find in RidgewoodGreatFoodWorthItDined on 10/3/2014Known for its bar. Been here a half dozen times, and I now consider Park West a regular spot for me and friends for dinner. Despite a pretentious waiter the first 2 times, we returned to find excellent wait staff, really good food (the sliced steak sandwich is outstanding), and decent ambiance despite a relatively high noise level. I just tried the lobster roll ($26), which was filled with huge chunks of lobster. The sandwiches and salads are very reasonably priced, while the steaks and entrees are in the $28 to $44 price range. I definitely recommend you try Park West.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014Waitress disorganized. Dusty wine bottle brought to our table. They forgot one of our sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Menu, Nice AtmosphereacbiiiDined on 9/28/2014Six of us from out of town met for dinner on Sunday night before a family event. The selection was good and the food was well executed. The service was a little slow and sloppy - a caesar salad transformed into a grilled romaine salad, which was very good but not what I ordered. I also asked for the salad to come before the smoked trout appetizer, but they came together. It may have been understaffed on a Sunday night, but it was not obviously understaffed. The drinks were very good with a nice selection of specialty drinks - and several selections were not the typical overly sweet "martinis." I had a well-prepared negroni. Everyone enjoyed there meals, which were upper end bar food.Special Features:
- Go earlyJanton47Dined on 9/26/2014We had a 6:15 reservation and had our choice of tables. By 7:00 all the tables in & out were taken. We had the special appetizers and enjoyed them - agnolotti with butternut squash, spring rolls, tuna special. Dinner - fish tacos, steak sandwich, & hamburger. Service was good until it became busy. Waited for drink refills. Not enough help when it is at full capacity. But we enjoyed the food. But parking is still very difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good - serve very slowDanishGuyDined on 9/14/2014We went there on a sunday night. The restaurant was not crowded. Service was horribly slow.
- austrians4foodDined on 9/4/2014a nice location for an easy dinner. Food is ok, service is good.Special Features:
- Warehouse diningDrBob31VIPDined on 9/1/2014This place used to have another less attractive name. the name is gone but the place is still less attractive than anyone wants to see. The bar is its only good pointl. The food is really bad and the place is quite noisy. Its also quite expensive. A lobster roll is about the size of half one would get on Nantucket or in Maine. It is twice as expensive. I would not bother to go to the Park Tavern unless you are leaving India and need a refuge with food of any kind.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestKikiDined on 8/30/2014And somewhat inconsistent. I was there 3 nights before and the food was so much better as was the service.
- Great FindFavoritesDined on 8/30/2014Park West Tavern has terrific food. The lobster mac and cheese is a must!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceEaterVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful waitress, Emily! She is great. Steak was perfectly cooked, nice fish special, excellent burrata special too. My only complaints: Wow, it's loud. I wish acoustics could be improved. Also, you need better wines by the glass. Citra Ointo Grigio? Seriously? That stuff is so cheap and sweet, ugh. You need a better wine list. Your beer list is great.Special Features:
- Decent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014It feels similar to Winberrie's (an older restaurant that used to inhabit the space). The food was all good albeit over-priced for what you get. The Park Steakhouse is much better dining experience. No other way to put it, other than this a pace that serves "Good" food for "Excellent" prices. I'd go back to try a few more items before making a final determination.Special Features:
- Park West TavernSullieDined on 8/16/2014Just your average tavern, nothing special. If you can't get a reservation at any other restaurant in Ridgewood this would be a backup.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceFidel67Dined on 8/10/2014We had a party of 7 and were taken very good care of by our waiter. The food was fresh and delicious we will be returning.Special Features:
- InconsistentRiverviewDined on 8/2/2014Some dishes were outstanding and others were mediocre at best. Great scallops entree and dreadfully undercooked pork. Great strawberry shortcake and a cold creme brulee. Six oysters - 3 west coast great, 3 east coast sub par.
- Where Fries MatterJanTrishVIPDined on 7/30/2014Not a classic but well endowed lobster roll with bite and crisp well seasoned thin fries delivered by a personable and professional server - welcome to town Chef Halligan! No mystery meat here! The burgers (limitless toppings) and meatloaf are memory making. Save room for zeppole. Note: comfort food and fine wine - don't underestimate the fine dining options - or the chocolate pot de crème!Special Features:
- it was okRodisgirlDined on 7/27/2014The food and ambiance were very good, however the service was very slow. It seemed as though our waitress forgot about us a couple times. My friend asked for ketchup for her frittata, and had to wait about 15 minutes (while her food got cold) before it came. Same slowness when we ordered drinks.
- The following 255 reviews are from the Park West Tavern reviews archive.
- Good food; great cocktailslawhawkVIPDined on 7/18/2014Park West Tavern deservedly gets a lot of attention for its cocktails and food. It has one of the better wine and drink lists in the area, and its bartenders know what they're doing. So too does the chef, and the food was all quite tasty and plated with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have this down!tastebudnnotafraidtouseemDined on 7/15/2014Great food, terrific service. Love this restaurant & will recommend to anyone who asks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumboyumboDined on 6/30/2014Fablous lunch spot in Ridgewood. Loved the salmon salad. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont bother for lunchlauriebVIPDined on 6/23/2014portions were small. i had the salmon salad- ok a 3 oz. serving of salmon is fair for lunch- but at least make up for it with lots of vegies so it looks like you are eating more . service was poor and the restaurant was not crowded. waitor looked totally disinterested. i was quite disappointed as i love the park steak house.Special Features:
- Park West Tavernlshea6Dined on 6/20/2014I think I honestly just got a waitress on a bad night- however, it does need to be said that we were sitting down for 15 minutes without even seeing our waitress come by to get our drink order. At that point, I asked the hostess to grab her for us. 30 minutes after we sat down, we finally had drinks, but she still hadn't come back to even get our appetizer order. Otherwise, I love Park West. Food is great, atmosphere is great and the bar is great. Apparently they have one of the best mixologists in the area creating drink recipes for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKPhilipVIPDined on 6/9/2014The steaks were just OK. Not prime and not thick. No table cloths is a negative.
- Always Reliablemichael07470VIPDined on 6/7/2014Reliable, nice place with very good food and service. Usually you can watch most desired sport event on several t v 'sSpecial Features:
- Wait Staff ExcellentFidel67Dined on 5/27/2014Our waiter made the dining experience. We are new to Ridgewood and our waiter made us feel right at home. Extremely friendly and very accomodating. My wife and I had a wonderful time and the steaks were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- kathVIPDined on 5/18/2014Service is very, very slow. Waited a long time for server to come to table, waited a long time for drinks and food to come. Restaurant was not busy so don't know why everything was so slow. Food is okay - not bad, not great.
- From Staff to Food, very well doneCWCPAReviewsDined on 5/17/2014I got to the restaurant early and sat at the bar. Within 5 minutes multiple staff had asked how they could assist me. They had a rack of newspapers at the end of the bar which was a nice rare touch which I took advantage of. I ordered coffee and a fresh pot was brewed for me. Every course of our meal was excellent and the wait staff was constantly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSuzanneVIPDined on 5/11/2014Our food was amazing, but our wait was extremely long and the waiter kept forgetting our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is limited.ChefmikeDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. The food option was limited. Especially if you can't have seafood. Food wasn't anything to thrive about. The dessert station was pretty much cookies. Hope there normal resturant is better.
- Great place for a burgerChelseaRDined on 5/10/2014Went for mothers day lunch. Great place for a burger or a sandwich. Great that they have a bar.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014The food was great but service was very poor. I would not go back due to poor service. The waiter rushed for our order but once we received food never followed up with us. In addition it took a long time for check and change. It wasn't very busy for poor service. The plates were never removed at we finished our meal. In addition, when other tables left the tables were still dirty with their dishes. The prices are not cheap but you would think you would receive great service with great food but that didn't happen here. Food was excellent but service was poor. We would not recommend to others to dine here.
- Unfriendly service and poor food.shelstanVIPDined on 3/28/2014We have been to the Park West Tavern many times and have always found the food good. My Brisket was awful and the waiter acted like he was doing us a favor by taking our order. Hopefully, it was just an "off night".Special Features:
- Just okTeres119Dined on 3/12/2014My husband and I went here because we heard someone saying that the chef from Latour in Ridgewood was now here and he was very good when we went to that restaruant so we figured we would try it. I felt the place was kinda old looking inside, it could use a little update. The waiter was very nice and provided great service. The food was not fresh. It seem all frozen type food. The seafood appetizer was good, but the crab cake special was burnt on the top and bottom. My husband had steak and I had salmon, both just fair. Would only go back if we were desperate for somewhere to go last minute. Prob would get burgers thoughSpecial Features:
- Erratic service needs attentionDrMikePNYCVIPDined on 3/5/2014'Recommend to a friend' conditional: Server very polite and nice but just couldn't handle our table of 9. Seemed like a lack of support from management overall, perhaps the kitchen too. One thing to set a good tone: get people drinks - any kind of drinks - MINUTES within seating. We waited very long to even put in a drink order; then we had to wait even longer to get them. Customers think restaurant just doesn't care about overall good experience when this simple service isn't done well. Food orders came out at different times; again, makes people uneasy waiting to eat while companions wait for their food (and vice versa); we've all been there. Lastly PLEASE STOP serving those awful brittle frozen fries with what is otherwise a nice steak!I would recommend this to a friend.