Park West Tavern
30 Oak Street
Ridgewood, NJ 07450Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Park West Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parkwesttavern.com/
- Phone: 2014455400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: John Halligan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with television for 12-16 people.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Cole 2014455400
A word from Park West Tavern
The Park West Tavern is a Modern American Tavern serving only the finest and freshest ingredients in all Food and Beverage.Continued
COMFORT FOOD WITH AN ATTITUDE
COMFORT FOOD WITH AN ATTITUDE
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park West Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (10)great for lunch (9)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (8)special occasion (7)hot spot (6)romantic (3)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Mediocre at bestKikiDined on 8/30/2014And somewhat inconsistent. I was there 3 nights before and the food was so much better as was the service.
- Great food and serviceEaterVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful waitress, Emily! She is great. Steak was perfectly cooked, nice fish special, excellent burrata special too. My only complaints: Wow, it's loud. I wish acoustics could be improved. Also, you need better wines by the glass. Citra Ointo Grigio? Seriously? That stuff is so cheap and sweet, ugh. You need a better wine list. Your beer list is great.Special Features:
- Decent all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014It feels similar to Winberrie's (an older restaurant that used to inhabit the space). The food was all good albeit over-priced for what you get. The Park Steakhouse is much better dining experience. No other way to put it, other than this a pace that serves "Good" food for "Excellent" prices. I'd go back to try a few more items before making a final determination.Special Features:
- Park West TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Just your average tavern, nothing special. If you can't get a reservation at any other restaurant in Ridgewood this would be a backup.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceFidel67Dined on 8/10/2014We had a party of 7 and were taken very good care of by our waiter. The food was fresh and delicious we will be returning.Special Features:
- InconsistentRiverviewDined on 8/2/2014Some dishes were outstanding and others were mediocre at best. Great scallops entree and dreadfully undercooked pork. Great strawberry shortcake and a cold creme brulee. Six oysters - 3 west coast great, 3 east coast sub par.
- Where Fries MatterJanTrishVIPDined on 7/30/2014Not a classic but well endowed lobster roll with bite and crisp well seasoned thin fries delivered by a personable and professional server - welcome to town Chef Halligan! No mystery meat here! The burgers (limitless toppings) and meatloaf are memory making. Save room for zeppole. Note: comfort food and fine wine - don't underestimate the fine dining options - or the chocolate pot de crème!Special Features:
- it was okRodisgirlDined on 7/27/2014The food and ambiance were very good, however the service was very slow. It seemed as though our waitress forgot about us a couple times. My friend asked for ketchup for her frittata, and had to wait about 15 minutes (while her food got cold) before it came. Same slowness when we ordered drinks.
- Good food; great cocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014Park West Tavern deservedly gets a lot of attention for its cocktails and food. It has one of the better wine and drink lists in the area, and its bartenders know what they're doing. So too does the chef, and the food was all quite tasty and plated with care.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have this down!tastebudnnotafraidtouseemDined on 7/15/2014Great food, terrific service. Love this restaurant & will recommend to anyone who asks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumboyumboDined on 6/30/2014Fablous lunch spot in Ridgewood. Loved the salmon salad. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dont bother for lunchlauriebVIPDined on 6/23/2014portions were small. i had the salmon salad- ok a 3 oz. serving of salmon is fair for lunch- but at least make up for it with lots of vegies so it looks like you are eating more . service was poor and the restaurant was not crowded. waitor looked totally disinterested. i was quite disappointed as i love the park steak house.Special Features:
- Park West Tavernlshea6Dined on 6/20/2014I think I honestly just got a waitress on a bad night- however, it does need to be said that we were sitting down for 15 minutes without even seeing our waitress come by to get our drink order. At that point, I asked the hostess to grab her for us. 30 minutes after we sat down, we finally had drinks, but she still hadn't come back to even get our appetizer order. Otherwise, I love Park West. Food is great, atmosphere is great and the bar is great. Apparently they have one of the best mixologists in the area creating drink recipes for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's OKPhilipVIPDined on 6/9/2014The steaks were just OK. Not prime and not thick. No table cloths is a negative.
- Always Reliablemichael07470VIPDined on 6/7/2014Reliable, nice place with very good food and service. Usually you can watch most desired sport event on several t v 'sSpecial Features:
- Wait Staff ExcellentFidel67Dined on 5/27/2014Our waiter made the dining experience. We are new to Ridgewood and our waiter made us feel right at home. Extremely friendly and very accomodating. My wife and I had a wonderful time and the steaks were cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- kathVIPDined on 5/18/2014Service is very, very slow. Waited a long time for server to come to table, waited a long time for drinks and food to come. Restaurant was not busy so don't know why everything was so slow. Food is okay - not bad, not great.
- From Staff to Food, very well doneCWCPAReviewsDined on 5/17/2014I got to the restaurant early and sat at the bar. Within 5 minutes multiple staff had asked how they could assist me. They had a rack of newspapers at the end of the bar which was a nice rare touch which I took advantage of. I ordered coffee and a fresh pot was brewed for me. Every course of our meal was excellent and the wait staff was constantly attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSuzanneVIPDined on 5/11/2014Our food was amazing, but our wait was extremely long and the waiter kept forgetting our drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch is limited.ChefmikeDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. The food option was limited. Especially if you can't have seafood. Food wasn't anything to thrive about. The dessert station was pretty much cookies. Hope there normal resturant is better.
- Great place for a burgerChelseaRDined on 5/10/2014Went for mothers day lunch. Great place for a burger or a sandwich. Great that they have a bar.
- The following 242 reviews are from the Park West Tavern reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014The food was great but service was very poor. I would not go back due to poor service. The waiter rushed for our order but once we received food never followed up with us. In addition it took a long time for check and change. It wasn't very busy for poor service. The plates were never removed at we finished our meal. In addition, when other tables left the tables were still dirty with their dishes. The prices are not cheap but you would think you would receive great service with great food but that didn't happen here. Food was excellent but service was poor. We would not recommend to others to dine here.
- Unfriendly service and poor food.shelstanVIPDined on 3/28/2014We have been to the Park West Tavern many times and have always found the food good. My Brisket was awful and the waiter acted like he was doing us a favor by taking our order. Hopefully, it was just an "off night".Special Features:
- Just okTeres119Dined on 3/12/2014My husband and I went here because we heard someone saying that the chef from Latour in Ridgewood was now here and he was very good when we went to that restaruant so we figured we would try it. I felt the place was kinda old looking inside, it could use a little update. The waiter was very nice and provided great service. The food was not fresh. It seem all frozen type food. The seafood appetizer was good, but the crab cake special was burnt on the top and bottom. My husband had steak and I had salmon, both just fair. Would only go back if we were desperate for somewhere to go last minute. Prob would get burgers thoughSpecial Features:
- Erratic service needs attentionDrMikePNYCVIPDined on 3/5/2014'Recommend to a friend' conditional: Server very polite and nice but just couldn't handle our table of 9. Seemed like a lack of support from management overall, perhaps the kitchen too. One thing to set a good tone: get people drinks - any kind of drinks - MINUTES within seating. We waited very long to even put in a drink order; then we had to wait even longer to get them. Customers think restaurant just doesn't care about overall good experience when this simple service isn't done well. Food orders came out at different times; again, makes people uneasy waiting to eat while companions wait for their food (and vice versa); we've all been there. Lastly PLEASE STOP serving those awful brittle frozen fries with what is otherwise a nice steak!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/17/2014I had dinner there with a friend and the server made out dinner a three course dinner with an appetizer, salad, and then the meal leaving plenty of timely between. We weren't rushed at all. Also their wine list was very extensive and the best part is they have 25 wines for $25.Special Features:
- Good for Friday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/7/2014Good atmosphere for friends, groups and if you want a fun / casual night out. Food is always reliable. Service is sometimes great - sometimes not. Friday nights they have live music that plays later on so if you want to make a night out you can after dinner.Special Features:
- Great - even for a quick dinnerChristineDined on 2/7/2014My friend and I stopped in for dinner on our way to a high school sporting event. Park West Tavern never disappoints - even for a quick burger/sandwich and a good drink. Our server was friendly, helpful and made some menu suggestions that turned out to be winners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for restaurant weekRO524Dined on 1/23/2014Went for restaurant week over the food was excellent and would like to come back to try different things on the menu. The waiter was okay he seemed new and was not familiar with the menu and needed to speak up in order to be heard over the noise level of the restaurant but it would not prevent me from going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was decent. Price wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Food was decent. Price was fair. Ambiance was not what I wanted but it is called Tavern so that was my fault not theirs. Overall really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014Great food, great vibe, great atmosphere. Staff very friendly would visit regularly. A little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service, very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/16/2014Excellent service, very good food. All types of patrons, from a table of kids for a Birthday to older couples on dates. The bar was packed for some kind of social function however it wasnt too loud to carry on a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious pancakesRodisgirlDined on 1/12/2014I had the lemon ricotta pancakes and they were great!Special Features:
- The sirloin steak was toughTortmanVIPDined on 1/10/2014The sirloin steak was tough and had gristle The french fries tasted previously frozen and were woody. the oysterswere nicely presented however the sauces were Unimaginative. The desert on the other hand was terrific a molten chocolate cookie with peanut caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream .really excellent. My wife complained that her hamburger was overwhelmed by the otherwise excellent brioche bun ,but the bread to meat ratio was offkilter.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Park WestCJRKDined on 1/5/2014We have eaten at Park West Tavern several times and while we love their food, it might be helpful if they changed the menu occasionally. Maybe perhaps offering specials would add some variety. We've tried almost all their entrees and after a year or so, they need to shake it up a little. Having said that, do not touch the desserts! They are fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Tavern LamentDrBob31VIPDined on 1/3/2014This restaurant is pricey and very noisey. Used to be a haunt in ridgewood NJ which was called the microwave capitol. Now this trendy place is a good place for large groups and people who do not require a large helping of class.Special Features:
- One of the best mealsChefhunter34Dined on 1/1/2014As a chef, I tend to look at many things while in a restaurant. Here, they have all the bases covered. From the hostess to walking out the door, everything was dead on. New Years day you would think they would let their guard down, NOPE... The hostess was very cool, we came in and said it would be 4, 2 had not shown up yet, she started in one direction, then I told her about the reservation, then we went a different direction, when out party showed up with 2 extra people, she and the waiter didn't miss a beat, they accommodated everyone with smiles. The waiter kept on us through out the entire afternoon, but the best part was asking for things off the brunch menu (which we didnt know we would have for lunch)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/31/2013The ambience is great here, lively and well decorated. I found that the food is fine, but nothing special. For the prices you pay here, you should go somewhere else. There was nothing bad about it but if I pay that much for dinner, I want something more special. It's not "The Park" which is their sister restaurant.
- Always excellent!EileenDined on 12/30/2013Quality of food and attentive servers make this a wonderful family dinner spot. Something for everyone!Special Features:
- Delicious brunch!BekrupDined on 12/22/2013Had a great brunch with friends. Everything we ordered was delicious! The lemon ricotta pancakes were light and fluffy, the brioche French toast hot and done perfectly and the vegetable frittata was delicious! The complimentary mimosas were an added bonus. Prefer this brunch over crowded Raymond's up the street!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.