500 10th NE
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parktavern.com/
- Phone: 4042490001x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 12 am half priced sushi 10 pm to midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Executive Chef: Ramiro Rivera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Park Tavern is host to a number of festivals Shamrock Fest with Yacht Rock, Lucky Fest, Oyster Crawfish Fest with Cowboy Mouth, Pajoma Penja Music & Arts Fest, 99X Dogwood Night Stage, & Unplugged In The Park will be back for it's 8th season this May! Unplugged In The Park brings FREE music to Piedmont Park every Sunday from May-October! We've been working hard for months to put together the most spectacular artist line up in the history of Unplugged in the Park!We look forward to another fantastic year of fun in the park.
- Special Events: The Park Tavern hosts a wide range of special events: concerts, festivals, fundraisers, auctions, birthday parties, wedding & reception facility, corporate functions, holiday parties, and more! You name the event and we can host it.
A word from Park Tavern
Park Tavern Neighborhood Sushi Bar & Brewery is located in the heart of midtown on the corner of 10th St. & Monroe overlooking Piedmont Park and the midtown skyline.Park Tavern rejuvenated its restaurant and menu for its customers in 2009 for the restaurants 10th Anniversary.Our building was originally built in 1905 as horse stables for local racing enthusiasts and then transformed into a golf clubhouse in 1928. Although expanded and renovated over the years, the building still features some of the original woodwork and stone from the historic clubhouse. Today Park Tavern combines the historic charm of the site with the modern sophistication of Atlanta’s impressive skyline. The restaurant features handcrafted beers brewed on-site as well as spectacular patio dining overlooking the park and city. The menu features classic favorites such as burgers, salads and sandwiches as well as a full sushi bar serving a wide variety of fresh sushi rolls. There's always something going on at the PT.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Dinner on Fri on Sept 5KnightsDined on 9/5/2014Well the hostess couldn't find the reservation in the computer and then when she told it was a party of 10 she stated that she didn't know if they any open tables inside. It was 5 pm on Friday and there was no one inside and maybe a couple of table outside. The dinner was good but the service was slow and I didn't appreciate the attitude from the hostess in the beginningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canceled reservationsjmcpVIPDined on 8/15/2014We made reservations the night before thru Open Table and then got a call the next day, approximately 90 minutes before our reservations, and were told they did not honor same day reservations, which we had not made. Regardless, what a weird policy. Just say you were overbooked and there's no table available.
- Enjoyed our experienceHaunani31Dined on 7/2/2014We had a small celebration with a group of 10. Our seating was prompt, we even had a choice of spots to sit in. We chose the outside covered area. Some ppl were dining with their dogs, which I'm not a fan but it didn't bother me. We had prompt friendly service. We were also able to charge out quickly.Special Features:
- The following 289 reviews are from the Park Tavern reviews archive.
- Great food with a great view.Foodie23Dined on 6/26/2014If you want to take friends/family who are visiting to the city to a unique ATL spot, Park Tavern is your place. With scenic views and specatular food, they'll be talking about this place for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2014This is my second time at Park Tavern within the last 2 months. The food is excellent but the service is very slow. We sat down this last visit inside and the tables were nasty. It took about 20- 30 min before someone even came to our table. I'm not sure if I'll go back.Special Features:
- SalvageladyDined on 6/6/2014It was pretty hot where we were sitting originally. Our table was in the hot, blinding sun and we asked to be moved and were moved immediately. Food was good. Service was very good. Our server was very nice and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta Jazz Festival SurpriseJoep63VIPDined on 5/23/2014When we visit Atlanta we like to take our grandchildren to the Park Tavern and sit outside near Piedmont Park. There is always something go on. The very least is a guy and bus guitar walking around playing. This past Friday we had a reservation tha I made a few weeks ago knowing we would be there that night. When we arrived we were a bit surprised to have to park a healthy walk away because of the Atlanta Jazz Festival. When we got there they said it was open seating and they had not been taking reservations because of the jazz festival that was going on. Please check I said - well here it is your the only only one that got through. We had our usual great dinner the kids were pleased and the music was great.Special Features:
- Fantastic place to relaxMissLVDined on 5/21/2014We've rented a cabana here several times now and it's always a pleasure dining here. The wait staff are attentive and the food is delicious.Special Features:
- big let down, call before you comereticentrhapsodistDined on 5/13/2014I've eaten here once before and liked the food so I bought a groupon for a canapy rental. I made the reservation for a romantic evening on a Tuesday night. You would think I'd be safe but never sat for my reservation because the restaurant was having an event and did not turn off their reservation system. I couldn't understand because I received a confirmation email for my reservation. When I arrived I wasn't even able to speak with anyone who actually worked for the restaurant. I'm very disappointed. I drove all the way from Snellville to eat at Mello mushroom across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food with a great view!CourtneyDined on 5/10/2014Park Tavern is perfect for "out of towners" or just those wishing to glimpse the sunset over downtown Atlanta. The food is average, and the service is not great. However, Park Tavern lucks out because of its location, and it makes up for other lacking areas with good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View!CourtneyDined on 5/3/2014Park Tavern was a fun, energizing experience. The sushi was decent, and the atmosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations not foundOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014Upon arrival, the table was not set up nor was the reservation found. With 14 people within our party, it was unfortunate that I had to push tables together to make room for our party.
- Successful birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/18/2014Park Tavern did a great job seating our party of 20, and they had no problem adding more seats when our party expanded from the original 17. Our server was attentive and prompt! The food came out great, making everyone happy. Would definitely have a group party here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go back...DCowan77Dined on 2/23/2014But not for a special occasion! When I made the reservation, I said that it was my Mother in law's birthday - we wanted something casual, but whatever they could do to make it special would be nice. We had been to a birthday party there before and it was fun. They sat us next to the ice skating rink on the main traffic aisle. TERRIBLE. We could hardly each other over the din and if people weren't bumping into our chairs (it was Sunday and a beautiful park day -- the place was packed), then they were standing close to us -- waiting for us to leave and get out table. I was hoping they would sit us further back, but oh well, next time I'll know to be more specific. Regardless of all that, our food was great and our server was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedTryingNuThingsDined on 10/5/2013We had a reservation for a cabana but the staff could not figure out how to locate our table so they sat us at someone else's reserved table. 25 minutes after ordering our drinks finally arrive. Since our waiter was no where to be found the remaining portion of the night we were never offered refills and we had to take silverware off an empty table. After eating, it took another 30 minutes to get our check and since our waiter again went incognito and after waiting another 30 minutes for him to come back we had to go to the hostess and ask her to find us a waiter that could close out our bill. This should have been a nice 2 hour at the most dining experiences instead it turned out to be a 3 hours of me practicing my patience.Special Features:
- Make Park Tavern a RegularOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2013When you arrive you will be treated like an old friend/customer by management and staff. The servers are extremely courteous and attentive from your drink order thru your meal and desert. We never felt rushed or forgotten and the meal was delicious as well as very reasonable. It had been a long time since we visited the Park Tavern but be sure we will be returning soon and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much fun!ElsaVIPDined on 7/27/2013This restaurant is right on the edge of the Park and a beautiful location. We loved it!Special Features:
- Disappointed on my birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/22/2013Park Tavern has a great view so I was excited to spend my birthday dining outdoors. When we arrived, waitresses told us to seat ourselves, which meant the reservation was not necessary. After sitting between a group of five guys on one side and a couple on the other, we watched as waitresses passed us without stopping. After 15 minutes, a waitress noticed that we had no menus or silverware asked if anyone had brought us water. We said no and she left, never to return or acknowledge us again. We got up and left after about 17 minutes of being ignored. The two waitresses we passed, who were standing near the neighboring table, were unconcerned. I called to complain that night, but number goes to voicemail. Left message. Got no answer.Special Features:
- Not What I Was ExpectingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Booked what I thought was the dining room for an anniversary dinner. Poor signage outside but we finally found ourselves in the lower level bar/tavern area. Hostess did not have my reservation but simply said "Just pick a table where there is no reserved sign". Crab & lobster dip arrived with pita chips but only 4 or 5 of them were large enough to actually scoop into the dip. Shrimp and fish tacos were bland. Waitress didn't provide silverware and attempts to get her attention went unnoticed. I finally went to the bar and the bartender was able to provide them. The waitress didn't check in until midway through entree and even at that time, it seemed like an after thought. Check was presented w/o offer of dessert or added drinks.
- corporate sponsorship?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2013i guess everything, including businesses, has to have a corporate sponsor now? its the same great restaurant as it was a month ago but now everything and everyone working there has to have a Southwest Airlines logo on them somewhere. i wonder what the Tavern got in exchange? i hate that it just isn't the Park Tavern anymore but honestly not much js changed. still a great spot to drink with your dog.Special Features:
- The service was very slow.Tonet60Dined on 7/3/2013The service was very slow. I ordered a burger with fries. Never did get them, but they did try and charge me for them. I had to pick up my cell phone, and call the restaurant, just to get the waitress to come to our table. I have a coupon for them, but I'm scared to use it.Special Features:
- hmphJazzDined on 6/29/2013Our seating wasn't the greatest. We had bugs in our laps while eatingSpecial Features:
- Great TimeTraciePDined on 6/7/2013Had an excellent time at Park tavern with my Church Singles Group last week. The ambiance was spectacular and peaceful. Great for groups or just a quiet night for two. Paige, the newly hired waitress did a great job!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large party with childrenTeeejayDined on 6/2/2013Went for Sunday brunch with 8 small children and 8 adults. Outdoor seating was great. Service was ok( our waitress was in training but she was supported by two other servers). Great views of Atlanta skyline and Piedmont park. No real brunch food but everyone was pleased with what they ordered. More sushi and burgers and no brunch. For a large group, we felt accommodated and not hurried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchJoep63VIPDined on 5/12/2013My wife and daughter were celebrating Mother's Day and all of us were celebrating granddaughter Clare's 4th Birthday and we (Grandpa & Nana) thought that brunch outside on the park at the Park Tavern was the perfect choice - and it was great. We had a nice table on a beautiful sunny day with a great view of all the activity in the park and the skyline of Atlanta. The food was wonderful from the eggs benedict to the sliced ham and prime rib. Omelets were going at two stations. We were even entertained by a gentleman with a guitar singing the blues - There were many families and everyone was having a great time. It was a bit breezy but fire pits and gas lanterns were strategically placed ti keep us cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a cocktail on the patioRSBNDined on 4/30/2013I live right near Piedmont Park so we go to Park Tavern a good bit. The patio area is great; it's huge and offers a nice view of the park and Atlanta skyline. However, the service is always super slow outside so if you go, make sure you go when you aren't in a hurry. The food is spotty as well. I got a sushi roll, it was very good but they are small rolls and still around $14 per roll. Also ordered a side of the seasonal vegetables. Yuk! A slimy, greasy "chunk" of mushrooms, cut up asparagus and I think some peppers too. It tasted like a greasy, old mushroom! Other than the food and service we were pleased. We made a reservation and they had my name on an outside table to hold it which was awesome!Special Features:
- All I can say is location, locationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013Service wasn't good from the get-go. First they didn't have our reservation, the restaurant was only half full, but rather than just apologize for not having our reservation and seating us, they made a point to tell us that Open Table shouldn't have made the reservation because they "don't accept same day reservations". Service went down from there, slow and 5 out of 8 orders came out wrong! Everything from my burger that supposed to be medium but came out well to the wrong sides on several orders.Special Features:
- I made a reservation throughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013I made a reservation through OpenTable. I was then called by the restaurant and told that reservations need to be made at least 24 hrs in advance and was told that they have open seating. So the four of us went to the restaurant and put our name in with the hostess and gave her our phone number to call us when the table was ready, she indicated it would be about 55 minutes. We walked around for a short time and went back to the hostess to see if we could go into the bar and get a drink. She said that she was told no one in for 45 minutes. We never got the call!Special Features:
- When the weather is nice thisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013When the weather is nice this place is unbeatable. And to be a Tavern, the food is unexpectedly interesting and delicious. We really enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Great view worth the mediocre foodGUEST21714Dined on 2/24/2013Park Tavern is the spot to catch lunch outdoors on a beautiful Atlanta day. However, do not expect service to be quick, or gormet food. The servers, while nice, are very slow and over booked... and the food is mediocre at best. But you cannot beat the amazing few, warm breeze, and awesome people watching at this restaurant. Drinks are cold, nothing is overpriced, and you get what you pay for. But come early, as tables are first come, first serve, and when the place gets packed, people circle the outdoor patio for seating like sharks!Special Features:
- I was dissappointed that theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/3/2013I was dissappointed that the Hostess was not available to seat us. I was forced to walk around the resturant in search of a waiter, waitress or manager to be seated. Despite the fact that I had a reservation, we were told to sit ourselves.Special Features:
- I met up with nine of my friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/19/2013I met up with nine of my friends for dinner. We had a wonderful waitress named Tiffany who was very attentive and overall had great customer service. The food was good but not the best I have had. This place is definitely the happening place during the spring or summer. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- We had a family outing toJustBeeVIPDined on 1/3/2013We had a family outing to Park Tavern, enjoyed carriage ride, ice skating and great meal. Good variety of food choices,sushi,hamburgers. Be sure to try the desserts!Special Features:
- Park Tavern did not honorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/27/2012Park Tavern did not honor Open Table's reservation. I did not get a chance to eat there that night. Having eaten there many times before, I still give the food, noise, and ambiance high ratings. I rank the service as poor because when I asked to see the manager, the young lady at the counter refused to get the manager! If I go back, I now know to call Park Tavern directly because the Open Table reservation is clearly not guaranteed.Special Features:
- Great view combined with good food!JohnWVIPDined on 12/17/2012Consistently enjoyable dining experience with great location overlooking Piedmont Park. On this occasion, the service was not particularly good,. However, the place was packed and the slow service was probably server specific. Enjoyed spinach, crab & lobster dip with pita chips as well as burgers.Special Features:
- My husband and I have eatenHumphreysDined on 12/1/2012My husband and I have eaten here numerous times and the food has always been great. But, our meal last weekend was not good. My burger was cold. I made reservations a week prior since we had about 10 people in our party. Our table was next to the ice skating rink. It was very cold and noisy! They had tables inside the restaurant and that would have been a better experience for us. Since I made reservations ahead of time I feel like they should have informed me of the seating arrangements. Especially since there was no heat!! I
- Don't plan on great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/21/2012Location, location, location makes this restaurant successful. Having a corner of the park makes Park Tavern a great location for holiday ice skating, viewing events at the park, or celebrating a wedding. The food and menu, however, leave much to be desired. A strange mix of sushi and burgers is their mainstay. I have eaten at many pubs and taverns that offer a more creative small plate menu. The food just wasn't great! Disappointed!Special Features:
- Went for date night, enjoyeddreamyjDined on 11/2/2012Went for date night, enjoyed the ambiance sitting by the fireplace.Special Features:
- Park Tavern = good, "Cabanas" = MehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/6/2012A few friends and I rented one of the "cabanas" for our dinner the other night. While Park Tavern is great and the outdoor seating is great, the cabanas were nothing special. They were just tables set along the outside of the outdoor eating area on the gravel and with a little tent over them. Really, it just felt like we were part of the regular outdoor area. The bonus was, however, that because we were sitting on gravel, we could bring our dogs with us. If I didn't bring the little mutt though, I would have preferred sitting in the concrete area nearer the nice fire.Special Features:
- The food was fair - the sceneryGoffgirlVIPDined on 9/10/2012The food was fair - the scenery and the outside patio was wonderful, but I wouldn't eat there again. The service was horrendous from the hostess to the server. The hostess was too busy on her personal call to seat us she motioned for us to have a seat without even a hello. The sushi we ordered finally came after almost everyone else had finished eating their meal. We had to hunt down our server to pay our bill - terrible.Special Features: