Park Tavern - Dallas
8166 Park Lane
Dallas, TX 75231Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Park Tavern - Dallas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parktaverndallas.com/
- Phone: 2144460710x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 11 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Friday - Saturday: 11 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Park Tavern - Dallas
Park Tavern offers a contemporary spin on the gastropub experience, serving craft beer and authentic food in a casual, industrial chic, urban lodge setting. Perfect for lunch, dinner or unwinding after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Park Tavern - Dallas - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Park Tavern - Dallas reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (3)fit for foodies (2)romantic (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Solid spot for lunch.DMVMDined on 8/13/2014Everything from food to service is very good here. Wide variety of gastropub dishes and beers on tap. The place is bit noisy, but still worth it. Wednesday is 1/2 price sandwiches/burgers all day. Great deal.Special Features:
- Great for big group on Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014We all decided to go out to eat versus a pizza in office ( working until 9pm that night) needed to find a place that could seat 10 on a Friday night, this place was great, service fantastic and menu has tons of variety and very different entrees too....great for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedObjectiveObserverVIPDined on 7/24/2014The fried asparagus was too chewy to swallow. The lamb sandwich was dry and flavorless. The music was so loud we wouldn't carry on a conversation. And the waiter disappeared for long stretches. I love the build-out of this place and really want it to thrive, but I eat out for 10 meals a week and this was of my worst dining experiences in months.
- Bill75034Dined on 6/14/2014Food was good. Service was slow and somewhat disinterested. Excellent beer menu. Big screens visible from all points in the restaurants. Will go there again. Probably won't make special trip to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/14/2014sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar! sports bar!
- Great Menu for grazingHappyTexanDined on 5/27/2014We love the appetizers on the Menu and often make our own tapas meal out of them! The Bacon jam is unique and the Deviled Eggs are great. They have a Great Selection of Beer on Tap and Several tasty Ciders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once a good place for food and beerDeanoVIPDined on 5/12/2014I've been here a few times in the past and I really enjoyed the place. However I went again this Monday and it will be hard to find a reason to go back. service was really lacking, food was not as good as it once was. This will most likely be a place for me to only experience happy hour for their beers from now on.Special Features:
- disappointingdallasdinerDined on 5/11/2014I took my mother and father here for Mother's Day brunch. The hostesses were very friendly, and gave my mother a flower upon entering the restaurant, which was nice. However, the food was mediocre, at best, and the service was ridiculously slow. Despite the fact that the place was almost empty, when ordering a drink at one point, our server said he "would get to it when he could." Our drink arrived about 15 minutes later, and it took about 30 minutes to receive our check after asking for it. (The place was still empty when we left, so it didn't seem like our server could be THAT busy.) We will not be returning.
- The following 43 reviews are from the Park Tavern - Dallas reviews archive.
- Noise LevelGinaDined on 4/10/2014It was quiet at lunch. It might be noisier at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Patio Dining!HappyTexanDined on 4/1/2014Absolutely loved the outdoor seating area here - overlooking the street and shops/restaurants below. Food was tasty and timely served. (Imagine getting appetizers BEFORE entrees! It seems to be a unique situation for us lately!) Great beer selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place - Not So Great FoodshfromtexasVIPDined on 3/30/2014We stopped in on a beautiful Sunday around noon and sat outside. There were other tables there for sure, but due to the openness of the space, it seemed a little empty. The tables on the patio are loungy outdoor furniture which was nice for kicking back and enjoying the day, but the cushions were dirty, stained and had cigarette burns that showed the stuffing inside. We were unimpressed with the food - the chicken biscuits were meager and average, the grilled cheese turned out to the a bacon and egg sandwich with a little melted cheese and the french toast was ok at best - I could have made much better at home. We generally enjoyed the space and the drinks and would go back if the food were better.Special Features:
- Music is way tooooooo loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/28/2014Music is way tooooooo loud to even say hello, order food, etc. Many people have complained you can not even have a conversation.
- Made the mistake of goingWhatupVIPDined on 3/20/2014Made the mistake of going for dinner 7pm on Friday night. It was so loud & noisy, we left before ordering & getting excruciating headaches. Place was packed & service was beyond slow. We're too old for this scene.Special Features:
- Upscale pub with great food.DMVMDined on 2/12/2014Overall, the Park Tavern has very good food and service, great weekly specials, and a fantastic beer selection.Special Features:
- Several food items were simplyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/7/2014Several food items were simply awful. Mixed drinks we ordered as well. Overall would not recommend for dining.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!SMUstudentVIPDined on 1/19/2014The service was outstanding as was our food and drinks! Nothing but good things to say about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2013Three people at our table ordered the lamb french dip and someone had to switch their order because they only had enough meat for 2 sandwiches. this was at 7:30 on a Friday. Then the people who ordered the french dip said it wasn't that good. I had the chicken taco's which were surprising good. We ordered hummus and it was pretty bad. I'd go again with the hopes my next visit is far superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was overcooked and disappointiDinerSteveDined on 11/16/2013Food was overcooked and disappointing. Service was slow and not very attentive. I will not go back.
- Had a wonderful Sunday brunch!WhatupVIPDined on 11/3/2013Had a wonderful Sunday brunch! Food innovative & delicious! Manager & staff went above & beyond to ensure we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On its last legsOverUnderVIPDined on 9/22/2013Restaurants America should simply give up on Dallas. They've clearly lost the taste for this market.
- It's a shame!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/15/2013Seems like a cool place but with exception of our waitress it was not impressive. Hostess was pretty uninterested in us being there as was the bartender. After first sitting at the bar and basically being ignored we asked the hostess if we could move to the patio which was really much nicer anyway. Our waitress was very nice but the service was slow, the cocktails were watery and inconsistent. We shared animal tots which were ok and the foot-long grilled cheese which sounds way better than it actually is. Huge French roll, one sad little slice of bacon and not near enough cheese to be respectable. Poor timing on food and drinks. Disappointing for a place with such potential. Won't make trip from N Dallas to try it again.Special Features:
- Open Late, great beers, great foodRoadRashTXVIPDined on 9/13/2013Park Tavern is a great place to have a craft beer, eat some creative bar food and meet with friends. They are also great if you are looking for a place that is open late and still serves food. Also, be on the lookout for their late night happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations Not HonoredteesipDined on 8/31/2013Like many others, Park Tavern did not honor a table reservation made to watch the Texas Longhorn football game Saturday, August 31. They blamed Open Table, saying that the system did not recognize that the restaurant already had booked other tables. I think the place simply did not want to tell walk-ins no tables were available. Epic fail.
- So many feelings...rrehoDined on 8/8/2013I loved the vibe in this place and every one of the staff members I met were outstanding. However, it seems that the entire place is extremely disorganized. I went for a late afternoon business meeting and 45 minutes after sitting down we still hadn't had anyone even bring us waters. I had to go find a waiter and inform them of the situation. Immediately we were assigned a server, Brandon, who went above and beyond to rectify the issue and was extremely attentive. The entire experience was just bizarre... Perhaps it should be chalked up to a bad day? The ambiance was great and so were the food and drinks. So maybe it is worth another shot to see if the service improves.Special Features:
- Downhill....DalboVIPDined on 8/8/2013Loved this place when it first opened but was embarrassed to have suggested for a business dinner. One of the men in the group had to order three times before they had the dish.
- Should've, could've, would'veLlamaVIPDined on 8/8/2013Met friends there after work. Should've been better. The place was full but they were seriously understaffed and our server, despite his best(?) efforts couldn't keep up. He didn't seem to know the menu, either. Appetizers didn't arrive. Drink orders were incorrect. Food was run in bits and pieces. Four seasonal beers advertised on the board but only one was in stock. So were several menu items. Could've been better. I've been before on a quieter evening and ate at the bar. No problems. Good chow and nice selection of beers.Would've been better if they had more wait staff. And if the staff they had was up to speed. It's hit or miss. Take a chance and if it's not going well - tab out and head to Gordon Biersch just around the corner.
- Large group of people - goodtcuryankwilsonDined on 7/12/2013Large group of people - good food and decent service. Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to Texas beers!DenaJVIPDined on 6/19/2013When Park Tavern opened the had a great focus on Texas beers and Texas seasonal beers. My last two visits have been a huge disappointment and may indicate a change in attention for PT. Only one Texas seasonal and no daily Texas beer specials. Top that off with a wait staff that knows nothing about beer (I am embarrassed to say it seems to be the female portion that is clueless) and Park Tavern is no longer a neighborhood gem and not the great Texas supporting, eclectic pub it was on opening. I will return, but not as often.
- Drinks and fun!DORODined on 5/26/2013I chose Park Tavern as a central spot that's open late. I connected with friends I hadn't seen in 20 years which meant a lot of laughing and a long stay. We never felt rushed and our server, Jacob, was so helpful and gracious. The outdoor seating was comfortable. We'd certainly go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place!KayoMayoDined on 5/3/2013Had around 15 friends there for happy hour. The reservation was easily made the day prior. Had no problems with seating (even though half of my party was late), great service and a great time! Food and drink specials were pretty unbeatable for the area. would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our third trip toDallasDinerVIPDined on 4/18/2013This was our third trip to Park Tavern and we enjoy the twists they have for ordinary foods such as the chorizo on the deviled eggs. One of their most popular appetizers and very delicious. We also love the Mexibano sandwich, the fish special as well as the pork carnitas. We tried the shrimp and grits, but the sauce was too salty and we sent it back. The service was very good despite a couple of miscommunications and the problem with the shrimp and grits. I would still come back, because each problem was handled very quickly and cheerfully.Special Features:
- Food was only okay, wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013Food was only okay, would not return. Wait staff did not know ingredients when asked because those were not the ingredients that were in the dish I received. Her comment on every dish was, this is my favorite
- Apathetic service and mediocre foodSteveDined on 3/9/2013When we arrived and said we had made a reservation on Open Table, the hostess smirked and said, "we have no tables available right now...you'll receive a text when a table opens up." When we were provided a table, our server was flippant and not friendly or helpful. The food was mediocre and somewhat overpriced for the venue.
- Great sandwichesDallasDinerVIPDined on 3/6/2013We had the two handed sandwiches since they were half priced on Wednesdays. I had the Mexibano and it was excellent pulled pork with good flavors. There was a tiny hint of spice which just added more flavor to it. We also had the hummus as an appetizer which was excellent, as well.Special Features:
- Crowded and loud, but a funSGNITROVIPDined on 3/6/2013Crowded and loud, but a fun place. Wednesdays are 1/2 off on their sandwiches, which is a great deal. We mostly like the appetizers the best including the jar of bacon jam. Service was pretty good this time. Has been a little slow in the past.
- We enjoyed the food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We enjoyed the food and drinks very much and would definitely recommend the restaurant to others. The only issue was that the dessert (with the exception of the butter cake) was much less pleasing than our meals.Special Features:
- I think Park Tavern is a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/17/2013I think Park Tavern is a nice place. I like the location, ease of parking. This was my 4th visit, I believe. I've come to think of it as a reliable place to have a lunch and find something to please even a group of diverse tastes. There are some very tasty dishes. They may be made extra tasty by a bit too much salt in some, but they can be satisfying - and good to share. The macaroni and cheese is very good. There is a good chicken available - beer can style I believe. I wish there were a few more appealing looking dishes that were more on the light side. It's an alright place with a pleasant staff and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Interesting menu choices.SGNITROVIPDined on 1/9/2013Interesting menu choices. It's really a bar with some very good food choices, so very loud. Good specials.
- High Priced Mall FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/27/2012We were excited to try the food at this restaurant, but were disappointed. The tots in the animal tots were bland. Go to Tillman's Roadhouse if you want good tots. The bacon donuts tasted too sweet and the presentation looked like a plate of sludge. The server was nice, but didn't know the menu very well and didn't seem enthusiastic about the food on the menu when we asked for suggestions. The sandwiches were good. This restaurant had their silverware station in the open so we could hear the loud clinking of the silverware being dried and put away by a very bored waitress the entire time we were dining. It's a good mall destination, but not classy enough for a special occasion and too loud for a date night.
- Different/better food thanOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/26/2012Different/better food than generic restaurant/bar food, nice selection of microbrews, restaurant exchanged a bitter tasting microbrew for a different beer without any question, all in all a very pleasant experience.Special Features: