PARK Restaurant & Bar
59 JFK St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
PARK Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkcambridge.com/
- Phone: (617) 491-9851
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 1:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Goldberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Park's private room is the ideal setting to gather with friends, co-workers or family, for parties, meetings, celebrations and more. With special dinner and cocktail menus available, Park's management will work with its kitchen and bar staff to build a memorable event to suit both your needs and your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Mickie Tumbry 6174919851x
- Cross Street: Between Winthrop & Eliot
- Public Transit: Harvard Square Redline T stop within walking distance as well as several bus routes that empty into Harvard Square
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample on street parking, Harvard Square Parking Garage directly above the restaurant. Free Parking after 5PM in the Harvard Square Parking Garage Sunday through Wednesday with the purchase of 2 dinner entrees.
A word from PARK Restaurant & Bar
Located in Harvard Square, PARK is a modern neighborhood restaurant/bar designed to suit today’s drinking and dining needs. A place to grab a quick after-work drink or bite, enjoy a leisurely dinner, linger over cocktails, or spend an entire night, PARK offers a variety of experiences that will feel unique depending on which of the four distinct spaces you’re seated. With an eclectic design aesthetic, PARK is stocked with rousing conversation pieces that range from counter-culture artwork from the 1960s to antique book-lined shelves and a trophy case brimming with myriad oddities. Not to be outdone, Executive Chef Mark Goldberg brings a spirited sense of interpretation to PARK’s New American menu of homey classics, which are served alongside an internationally-inspired collection of craft cocktails, beer and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PARK Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (62)good for groups (61)fit for foodies (55)hot spot (47)neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (22)late-night find (21)romantic (18)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Outstanding brunch and drink menu. Great serviceBeechflyerDined on 11/16/2014My daughter and I went for brunch while I was visiting her in Boston. A friend suggested PARK and it was fabulous. Drink menu fun too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good and badjeannedDined on 11/14/2014Chowder was spicy (did not say so on the menu, quite unexpected) Short RIB, was ONE rib cut into 3 thin slices, again unexpected) Salads were very good, chicken wings were very good. Lobster/crab dip was good but the chips were extremely salty. Great beer, wine and mixed drinks. Waitress was okay, did not seem to know a lot, maybe new ? Go for the drinks not the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow and unfriendly serviceGannDined on 11/9/2014My party of four waited more than 35 minutes for a very straightforward brunch order - 3 burgers and one veggie burger. Our server was completely indifferent, acting as if she were inconvenienced by us when she managed to drag herself around to our table to refill coffee and water. At one point, I asked her for an "update" on our food order, and she said she'd check. She came back, all frowns, and reported that the meal would be out in about 5 minutes. No apology, no friendly remarks. She was just plain sour and lousy at her job. The food was fine, but not worth enduring this grumpy girl, and certainly not worth waiting for in an uncrowded restaurant at 1:00pm on a Sunday. Boo.Special Features:
- Delicious in Harvard SquaregoodfoodgoodserviceVIPDined on 11/9/2014What a great find Park is! We brunched here last weekend and the food was fabulous. While it's quite noisy inside, the service was excellent and we will most definitely return for brunch again and to try dinner. We were expecting sort of a fancy grad student bar but it's truly a nice, charming restaurant and worth trying! Thanks for a great brunch to everyone at Park - you far exceeded our expectations and we had a lovely time!Special Features:
- Value for moneymmostadDined on 11/1/2014I rarely give 5 stars to this type of restaurant but this was such an overall good experience that I think it's well deserved. We had the beet salad and steak and the food was high quality, tasty and beautiful plated. The waitress was really helpful and friendly, and gave excellent recommendations. The price level is moderate and you certainly get value for money.Special Features:
- Everything but...HillaryVIPDined on 11/1/2014Everything was amazing from the menu/food to the drink list to the atmosphere of the restaurant but location of your table is key to enjoying your meal. We were seated directly around the corner of the kitchen and every time a server walked out of the kitchen it was as though they were going to run right into me. I would recommend a booth against the wall or table in the back area.Special Features:
- Best place in Harvard SquareBostomDined on 10/31/2014I eat here a couple of times a month and it's never been less than great. This time it was Halloween night, everyone on the staff was in costume, and the food was as great as ever. The menu has changed a bit but not the prices for the items that remained. The Caesar salad was great, if just a bit over-dressed this time (my diet talking) and enough for two - I always share as a starter. The chicken sandwich was terrific: moist, tender (it's marinated in something tasty) boneless chicken breasts with greens, tomatoes, and an aioli that rocked even if I skipped half the focaccia roll (again, dieting) and the "Old Cuban" my new favorite "old" cocktail. Great food, great time: what I have come to expect at Park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meeting SpotEdWhiteSpaceDined on 10/30/2014I'm not sure it is a place I'd head specifically to for a special occasion or to find a great meal, but it certainly is a place I'll go back to for dinner before a show or to meet up with friends. Good lamb burger and patty melt (on rye), some tasty apps on toasts, a few interesting cocktails. Casual, fun, lively, great service and good (if not creative) food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisycuzzyDined on 10/30/2014Sat in the "living room" area. Nice setting but way too noisy.Special Features:
- gastro pub with flairbeartunesDined on 10/19/2014A delicious selection from gourmet burgers to entrees that will satisfy your wine snob friends. The cocktail list is impressive and sophisticated. The atmosphere a touch dark and reminiscent of Restoration Hardware. The food, just as rustic and inspired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JreeseDined on 10/19/2014Having been to Park for brunch once before, I had been looking forward to a good brunch with flavorful dishes. Unfortunately, Park simply did not deliver this past weekend. The food was lackluster, flavorless or oddly flavored at best. I am not sure if it was simply because it was a busy weekend. Regardless, I will not be venturing back anytime soon for brunch.Special Features:
- Great friendly palce worth a vistOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014High energy bar scene with good service and food. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Three Times a CharmCarolinSomervilleDined on 10/18/2014This was my third visit to Park and, as before, the service, food, and ambience were excellent. Service was attentive without being intrusive. It was a very, very busy evening but we weren't rushed at all. The food is terrific - Crispy Mussels (enough for 2 or more as an appetizer) fabulous, the Tastings of Toast unique and delicious, and the Lamb Burger fantastic. Can't wait to visit again. Nearly forgot - nifty cocktails, too! The atmosphere is upbeat, lively, and fun. A lot of smiling people - this is a good place!Special Features:
- disappointing food nice placemarlbethVIPDined on 10/17/2014very mediocre food. Attractive restaurant. I think this is more a bar and you go here to drinkSpecial Features:
- terrible servicefashionkillahDined on 10/16/2014went here for my 21st bday because i wanted to order my first fancy drink, waitress was very rude and unhelpful. asked what she thought i should order because i dont have experience with bars, she was judgmental and didn't really help me out. food took forever and she served other people that had gotten there later first.Special Features:
- Mixed to UnpleasantDCdinerDined on 10/13/2014We chose the spot because menu looked interesting and most others were closed on Mondays. The experience ranged from mediocre to bad. They accommodated our late arrival and brought the food out quickly. However, the server was borderline rude as she rushed us through ordering, could not answer our questions and was curt and unfriendly. Cheese board was very good as were the taste toasts. The lamb patty was almost undigestable - way too salty and overloaded with olives. The salmon was undercooked and had to be sent back. The stuffed veal was tasty but the au jus was bland, as were the string beans. The atmosphere was dark and a bit depressing.
- Top NotchSlopenativeDined on 10/12/2014Went for brunch during busy Oktoberfest. Lovely menu, good service, excellent food, reasonable prices. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature DrinkKiwiy2kDined on 10/9/2014Their Lavender Moon cocktail is amazing!!!!! Food is a unique take on Americanized classics. LOVE the steak and brisket dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyicanthearyouDined on 10/4/2014great appetizers and entrees. Terribly noisy. If I can't find a quieter table to sit at that I can hear my dinner quests- I won't be back. Service was incredibly slow and inattentive.Special Features:
- Cozy, cool, quality experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014I'm never disappointed at Park. Delicious food, great wine, beer, cocktails and bourbon offerings... Atmosphere is cool but also warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Favorite Harvard BarsFelixDined on 10/1/2014Park is one of those places that a lot of people miss entirely. Down a set of stairs, a single sign the size of two mailboxes is the only thing indicating it isn't some parking garage. The bar is fantastic, and the best part about the restaurant is asking the bartenders to make you a custom drink. Tell them what you like and your mood and they'll whip something amazing up for you. I've never been let down. I've been here with friends and on dates, and it always impresses. Reasonably priced, and the service is typically incredible. On this most recent occasion, one of the bartenders seemed to be a bit put off by my friend and I, which was surprisingly off putting, so I had to ding a star in the service category.Special Features:
- One of Best Restnt Interiors inTownopinionatedchefDined on 9/28/2014In addition to the food, it's the interior design that has me loving Park. It's a warren of dark panelled rooms with low lighting and very comfy club chairs and banquettes. The whole place feels like the best of Victorian Private Clubs. Food is good to very good, with reasonable portions and attention paid to local seafood. And on Sundays, there is gratis parking in the building- what a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good apps & drinksgwenDined on 9/26/2014We stopped by on a Friday evening for apps & drinks. The beet salad and pork belly BLT (with fried green tomatoes) were delicious and perfect for our brief visit. The server was attentive to our table and extremely pleasant. His wine recommendations were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu/superlative svc.LizzietishDined on 9/24/2014Tried this for the first time with an out of town guest on Wednesday night based on the recommendation of a friend. We were not disappointed. I had the caramelized scallops, which were to die for, and my cousin had the hangar steak. She initially said the portion was too large but she consumed every last bite. We traded bites and agreed that we would definitely order each other's entrees next time. We were slightly disappointed in the dessert menu (very limited) but this is an extremely petty complaint. My only caution is that this is a very popular spot with the young after work crowd and it did get quite noisy. The bar is open to the dining room. Malcolm provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Loved it!amber924aDined on 9/22/2014The gnocchi was really good, and the salmon was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I went there on Friday night with my girlfriend and the wait so aft and manger tried to run out table in 20 to 25 mins the food was ok but the service was horrible considering the staff coming every 2 mins to ask if we wanted to order something else. I do not recommend this place. The manager also came by to check if we had put down our card to make payment. I felt bad since I choose this restaurant to take my friend on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Brunch!genacmVIPDined on 9/14/2014Ample and interesting brunch before matinee performance at the American Reperatory Theatre. Home made biscuits, lots of interesting choices, pleasant atmosphere. Huge portions; consider splitting a round of fresh biscuits (3 huge biscuits per serving), some banana waffles, and something savory around the table.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Place exceeded my expectations. Great service & food was amazing. Will be back for sure. More than once.Special Features:
- Good hangout for friends after workGaston2morrowDined on 9/12/2014I love the dark woods of this place – like a cozy, rustic dining room in an old home. The crispy mussels were tasty and filling (don't eat them all by yourself otherwise you will not have much room to eat the entree. The caramelized scallops and the shiitake mushrooms were very good. I'll definitely order them again next time I go back. The desert selection was unpretentious but decent. Service was well-timed, friendly without fanfare. This is not the place to go on a Friday evening if you want a quiet romantic dinner though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceChristinaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was decent. My boyfriend loved it of course because the food here is "man food" with a twist. I got the brisket, which was good, but was lacking enough BBQ sauce. My boyfriend got the chicken which was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Awesome food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I don't understand why this place isn't more packed. Aside from being a little expensive, the food is trememdous, atmosphere is lovely, and staff is awesome. Great recommendations. I would try the toasts of toasts. Yum yum.Special Features:
- GoodIntriguingDined on 8/30/2014All around pleasant experience. Amount of food was a bit dissapointing. (Small)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OutoftownerVIPDined on 8/24/2014We came for restaurant week (Dine Out Boston) because it is one of the few that offers the lowest price tier of $28 for dinner (app+entree). Reviews seemed mixed, and consistency is difficult to achieve for restaurants, but we had a great experience. The food was well prepared and tasted very good...gazpacho and poached pear for appetizers, and gnudi and fried chicken for entrees. The fried chicken was not dry in the slightest, and was deboned, which I always appreciate. My only complaint was the inclusion of kale--this was not listed in the menu, and it is a taste I just don't care for (but some people do). Park is a great restaurant-spacious seating irons, friendly service, and convenient parking (garage above--free with validation Sun.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Dine OutlikesgoodfoodDined on 8/21/2014We visited for dinner during Dine Out Week for a 2 course $28 meal. The resaturant is on ground level and is very dark. In fact, we had trouble reading the menus. We both had the poached pear which was best part of our dinner. The waiter removed our silverware with the dishes. As such, we had no utensils when the main course arrived. It took several minutes to get us utensils. My fried chicken was luke warm, bready and bland tasting. There also was a biscuit covered with luke warm pork gravy which lacked flavor. My friend had the lamb which she described as having a very strong, unpleasant taste. Neither of us finished our meals. No one asked about how we liked our food. We were very disappointed with Park Restaurant.
- Huh? Voted best restaurant?MichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 8/13/2014Voted best restaurant in Cambridge last year by Boston Magazine? The slow roasted brisket was dry that I needed to return it. They ran out of the meat pie and a few other items (it was only 8:15PM). However I liked the pub-restaurant atmosphere, but how could this better than other restaurants?
- They tried hardracimoDined on 8/10/2014The staff was great, tried very hard. The food was OK, nothing to write home about. A pretty empty place. A loud venue to have a couple's dinner. No sound barrier between the bar and rest of the restaurant. The ambiance is not inviting or soothing. Not our idea of a night out.Special Features:
- Interesting menu, pitiful executionluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014Atmosphere and decor was refined and handsome. For apps, tasting of the toasts was exceptionally good; good balance of flavors. The fried mussels missed their mark; the batter was soft and gummy. I would expect a more delicate and flaky, almost crunchy batter. Entrees: The salmon was bland, as were the vegetables that accompanied it. The steak was excellent along with the bacon gruyere potato skins. However, the salad that accompanied the steak was inedible (too much dressing and the dressing was too sour). The fruit pie for dessert was more of a thick waffle stuffed with 1 blackberry, and 3 peach slices. The corn icecream that accompanied it was very good.Special Features:
- Awesome placerormethius77Dined on 8/9/2014Been here 3 times now, and enjoyed ourselves more each time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Great atmosphere, great drinks. Food was ok. They must have forgot to put our food in or lost the ticket because it took over an hour to get our food. Other tables who came in after us were eating before us. Not happy about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole experience was greatVerygoodDined on 8/1/2014Familiar foods but different and adventurous flavored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.