PARK Restaurant & Bar
59 JFK St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
PARK Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6174919851x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 1:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Goldberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Park's private room is the ideal setting to gather with friends, co-workers or family, for parties, meetings, celebrations and more. With special dinner and cocktail menus available, Park's management will work with its kitchen and bar staff to build a memorable event to suit both your needs and your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Mickie Tumbry 6174919851x
- Cross Street: Between Winthrop & Eliot
- Public Transit: Harvard Square Redline T stop within walking distance as well as several bus routes that empty into Harvard Square
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample on street parking, Harvard Square Parking Garage directly above the restaurant. Free Parking after 5PM in the Harvard Square Parking Garage Sunday through Wednesday with the purchase of 2 dinner entrees.
A word from PARK Restaurant & Bar
Located in Harvard Square, PARK is a modern neighborhood restaurant/bar designed to suit today’s drinking and dining needs. A place to grab a quick after-work drink or bite, enjoy a leisurely dinner, linger over cocktails, or spend an entire night, PARK offers a variety of experiences that will feel unique depending on which of the four distinct spaces you’re seated. With an eclectic design aesthetic, PARK is stocked with rousing conversation pieces that range from counter-culture artwork from the 1960s to antique book-lined shelves and a trophy case brimming with myriad oddities. Not to be outdone, Executive Chef Mark Goldberg brings a spirited sense of interpretation to PARK’s New American menu of homey classics, which are served alongside an internationally-inspired collection of craft cocktails, beer and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PARK Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (51)fit for foodies (45)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (38)hot spot (35)romantic (23)special occasion (22)late-night find (21)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Brunch!genacmVIPDined on 9/14/2014Ample and interesting brunch before matinee performance at the American Reperatory Theatre. Home made biscuits, lots of interesting choices, pleasant atmosphere. Huge portions; consider splitting a round of fresh biscuits (3 huge biscuits per serving), some banana waffles, and something savory around the table.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Place exceeded my expectations. Great service & food was amazing. Will be back for sure. More than once.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceChristinaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was decent. My boyfriend loved it of course because the food here is "man food" with a twist. I got the brisket, which was good, but was lacking enough BBQ sauce. My boyfriend got the chicken which was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Awesome food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I don't understand why this place isn't more packed. Aside from being a little expensive, the food is trememdous, atmosphere is lovely, and staff is awesome. Great recommendations. I would try the toasts of toasts. Yum yum.Special Features:
- GoodIntriguingDined on 8/30/2014All around pleasant experience. Amount of food was a bit dissapointing. (Small)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OutoftownerVIPDined on 8/24/2014We came for restaurant week (Dine Out Boston) because it is one of the few that offers the lowest price tier of $28 for dinner (app+entree). Reviews seemed mixed, and consistency is difficult to achieve for restaurants, but we had a great experience. The food was well prepared and tasted very good...gazpacho and poached pear for appetizers, and gnudi and fried chicken for entrees. The fried chicken was not dry in the slightest, and was deboned, which I always appreciate. My only complaint was the inclusion of kale--this was not listed in the menu, and it is a taste I just don't care for (but some people do). Park is a great restaurant-spacious seating irons, friendly service, and convenient parking (garage above--free with validation Sun.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Dine OutlikesgoodfoodDined on 8/21/2014We visited for dinner during Dine Out Week for a 2 course $28 meal. The resaturant is on ground level and is very dark. In fact, we had trouble reading the menus. We both had the poached pear which was best part of our dinner. The waiter removed our silverware with the dishes. As such, we had no utensils when the main course arrived. It took several minutes to get us utensils. My fried chicken was luke warm, bready and bland tasting. There also was a biscuit covered with luke warm pork gravy which lacked flavor. My friend had the lamb which she described as having a very strong, unpleasant taste. Neither of us finished our meals. No one asked about how we liked our food. We were very disappointed with Park Restaurant.
- Huh? Voted best restaurant?MichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 8/13/2014Voted best restaurant in Cambridge last year by Boston Magazine? The slow roasted brisket was dry that I needed to return it. They ran out of the meat pie and a few other items (it was only 8:15PM). However I liked the pub-restaurant atmosphere, but how could this better than other restaurants?
- They tried hardracimoDined on 8/10/2014The staff was great, tried very hard. The food was OK, nothing to write home about. A pretty empty place. A loud venue to have a couple's dinner. No sound barrier between the bar and rest of the restaurant. The ambiance is not inviting or soothing. Not our idea of a night out.Special Features:
- Interesting menu, pitiful executionluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014Atmosphere and decor was refined and handsome. For apps, tasting of the toasts was exceptionally good; good balance of flavors. The fried mussels missed their mark; the batter was soft and gummy. I would expect a more delicate and flaky, almost crunchy batter. Entrees: The salmon was bland, as were the vegetables that accompanied it. The steak was excellent along with the bacon gruyere potato skins. However, the salad that accompanied the steak was inedible (too much dressing and the dressing was too sour). The fruit pie for dessert was more of a thick waffle stuffed with 1 blackberry, and 3 peach slices. The corn icecream that accompanied it was very good.Special Features:
- Awesome placerormethius77Dined on 8/9/2014Been here 3 times now, and enjoyed ourselves more each time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Great atmosphere, great drinks. Food was ok. They must have forgot to put our food in or lost the ticket because it took over an hour to get our food. Other tables who came in after us were eating before us. Not happy about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole experience was greatVerygoodDined on 8/1/2014Familiar foods but different and adventurous flavored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvard Square Favorite!MeghanDined on 7/29/2014I went here with my family for birthday dinner and was not disappointed. The food is excellent here -- especially the grazing appetizers like their ever-changing Tasting of Toasts. Cocktails are also great -- I often just describe to the bartender what I'm in the mood for and they'll fix me up something nice. The atmosphere is usually what makes this place -- it's cozy and feels like you're in someone's old library. However we our party of 6 was seated in an awkward through-way for serving staff not too far from the bar. We asked to be seated somewhere else, but this place fills up fast. It was the only buzzkill for the evening.Special Features:
- Time2EatVIPDined on 7/28/2014Severely overpriced for quality and small portion of food (ordered the scallops). Flavor was just OK and the bite-sized scallops that came with my entree were disappointing, though not completely terrible. The bean/kumquat side that came with the entree was "weird" at best--but my boyfriend's spinach was good. The waitress came and asked us how everything was about 5 seconds after the plates were on the table--we said "everything is good" but don't think we had actually tasted anything--didn't see her again until we were done eating.
- Great MealbstnelmDined on 7/27/2014I had no problem making a reservation at Park for my group of 6. I probably didn't even need to make a reservation. The ambience was great. Not too quiet, not too loud. Our server was attentive, but not pushy or overbearing. The crab and lobster dip was fantastic, as were the crispy mussels. The gnocchi was light and fluffy, and everyone enjoyed their food immensely. Great food and great wine/beer selection and not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkSaugusDinerDined on 7/25/2014Food was excellent. Service was good. Noise level was too high; I had to yell to be heard by my companions.Special Features:
- Great patty-melt and beer menu!HGC1Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were going to see Sidewalk Driver at the Sinclair, and wanted a nice place for dinner before the show. Park had good reviews and was right below the parking garage. I booked a reservation on-line for 7:00. The service was great and the server recommended an excellent wheat/IPA blended beer that was delicious. Complimentary cheese and cracker plate (and sparkling water if desired) was quite good. I had their meat pie of the day, chicken and leek. It was large & tasty, but could have used a bit more gravy inside it. My wife got the patty melt. She offered me a quarter of the sandwich. It was AMAZING. It was kind of like a ruben hamburger. It was easily the best hamburger I've had in recent memory and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location + Fine FareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014PARK offers a great place to get a well-prepared and enjoyable meal in the Harvard Square area. My guest and I were given complimentary bottled water, orders taken promptly, and food delivered just as quickly. All in all, a very positive experience.Special Features:
- Ticked most boxes but...joeydonnDined on 7/18/2014I hope I'm not being harsh here as I cannot fault the food (menu had a good selection; food was ok, hot, and out very quickly), drink (huge selection of liquor, beers, and cocktails), service (waiter was friendly and knew his stuff) and I even liked the decor. It was just very quiet. The only reservation we could get at short notice was for 6pm (Friday) and we were close to the only people there. When we left, the bar had filled in a little but few others had arrived. I don't want to be too harsh as it could come alive later in the evening, but that is how our experience was.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful :)amd492Dined on 7/13/2014We were hoping for a nice afternoon date and that's just what we got. The restaurant was so cute and everyone was so nice. Not to mention, the food was delicious!Special Features:
- The BartenderjujuDined on 7/12/2014The bartender Robert, is a drink wizard. He always makes me exceptional drinks that always blows my mind. Thank you for your great service.Special Features:
- Cozy and oh-so coolFoodie6VIPDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant is incredible. It fits perfectly in Harvard Square with all of it's luscious Chesterfield sofas, dark wood...it feels like an old library or something slightly cooler, haha. The service was excellent; I believe our server's name was Ryan - he was attentive, knowledgeable, and personable. The food was delicious, I had the caesar salad and la plancha salmon, both great. My husband had the trio of toasts (sooo yummy), as well as the bar steak which was cooked perfectly. The cocktails were delicious and unique, and I loved the cask beer (we went on a Thursday). Our server also made great recommendations. Can't wait to return for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty enoughpennzollDined on 7/9/2014I like to see a few veggies on a plate so the mountain of match stick fries that came with my lamb burger didn't delight. The burger itself was tasty, well seasoned and served with really good condiments. The server knew his wine and gave a spot on recommendation. Overall, a bit pricey for the ingredients on the plate but worth checking outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot nr Harvard SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/6/2014It being a holiday weekend we really didn't know how busy the place would be - turns out really quiet! Not a problem for our group. Even if busy, I still think the atmosphere would be just lovely. Think rich leathers, dark paints and antique-y decor. Great playlist of classics and recent stuff. Eric Clapton, Bon Iver etc. But this a food review place so I'll park environment. Great brunch cocktails - the plum one was delish. For $3 get the grapefruit - just scrumptious. I then had the New England Bennie. Delish again. Would go again and recommend to all. We were happy with the last minute booking.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Our son always recommends different restaurants to try and we all found that the food, service and atmosphere was excellent! I had the Hake (which I have never tried before) it was cooked with smoked tomatoes, fresh vegetables and diced potatoes. Best meal I have had at a restaurant in a long time! Everyone tried something different and enjoyed theirs too. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- staff need more trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Several things put us off with the restaurant. One, timing on serving courses. Our entrees came whilst still having our appetizers. The server STILL placed the dishes after being informed that we were not done yet with the first courses. And he even sounded annoyed. Second, staff we're hanging out in the corner chatting away like there were no guests in the dining room. It look very unprofessional. Third, staff looks like they have no clue about their job (proper serving etiquettes). Food was mediocre. I don't think I'll be coming back again.
- DisappointedVIPDined on 6/23/2014You gave me zero points on opentable. We were there!Special Features:
- ElizabethDined on 6/12/2014I've always been very happy with the food at PARK. The fish is delicious and very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Nice Dinner Spotmbsh2100Dined on 6/11/2014Nice Dinner spot, but my only contemplate is that it was a little bit way to noisy. Dinner was good, the Beat Salads are the best! We will return, but the noise level was a little to much for usSpecial Features:
- recent trip was disappointingMalMVIPDined on 6/9/2014We've been to Park for dinner and drinks before and were never disappointed -- until this time. The redfish was overcooked and dry and the bulgar came cold. While I've had good experiences there before, my dining mate said she will never come back. :(Special Features:
- Park mehfoodsforyouandmeDined on 6/5/2014I had been meaning to try this place for a while, and was pretty disappointed. Probably won't be back for a while. Place was pretty empty but then they sat a group of three (dirty joke telling') old men next to me and my boyfriend, and they kept turning on the flashlight feature on their phones to look at the menu
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Great food and affordable, service was excellent. I would definitely recommend this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!BCOmayaDined on 5/27/2014This is very good design at work. There are four different rooms, and all are well done, but my fave is the Den. Food is a bit inconsistent, but good enough. Perfect for a Harvard hangout.Special Features:
- The following 402 reviews are from the PARK Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- jamesBDined on 5/17/2014Very tasty food at a reasonable price. Cozy feel like an old tavern, with dark wood ceilings. Bustling and noisy on a Saturday night. Good beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better for drinks and AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014Food was just okay but the drink menu was fun and the bar scene lively. Probably wouldn't go back for dinner but would certainly stop by for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Great food. Great service. I will defiantly be returning again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional with a Modern TwistOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/8/2014Park would be a great place to meet with friends after work. The atmosphere is cozy with an old-fashioned feel, and the menu offers traditional dishes with a 21st-Century twist. Beer lovers note: they have a great list of craft brews and on Thursdays - a cask offering. We shared the Salt & Pepper shrimp appetizer, served with a nice cabbage slaw. The shrimp are not fried, as they would be elsewhere. The Clam Chowder, which I kept to myself, had also been tweaked above and beyond what you'd expect. It was not thick with flour, and that might have been pancetta, not bacon, in there. My Beef Brisket had that long, slow-cooked taste, and the white bean cassoulet was a perfect accompaniment. Meat Pie of the day, lamb burger, choices galore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but Long WaitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014We ate here on Saturday night. It was a very lively bar / restaurant. We had a reservation, but had to wait about half an hour. They were very apologetic, and even took our appetizers off the bill. I think this restaurant would be better for drinks with friends, rather than a sit down dinner. Our food though, was terrific.Special Features:
- not my cuppa teaCambridgeDinerVIPDined on 4/30/2014food was ok. I had chicken with peas and potatoes. Prefer my veggies cooked and these were not fully cooked. Two desserts on the menu. I don't believe I've ever seen just two desserts on any menu. Noise was deafening and totally interfered with my experience. I will not be going back.