PARK Restaurant & Bar
59 JFK St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
PARK Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkcambridge.com/
- Phone: 6174919851x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm - 12:00am
Dinner: Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 1:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Goldberg
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Park's private room is the ideal setting to gather with friends, co-workers or family, for parties, meetings, celebrations and more. With special dinner and cocktail menus available, Park's management will work with its kitchen and bar staff to build a memorable event to suit both your needs and your budget.
- Private Party Contact: Mickie Tumbry 6174919851x
- Cross Street: Between Winthrop & Eliot
- Public Transit: Harvard Square Redline T stop within walking distance as well as several bus routes that empty into Harvard Square
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Ample on street parking, Harvard Square Parking Garage directly above the restaurant. Free Parking after 5PM in the Harvard Square Parking Garage Sunday through Wednesday with the purchase of 2 dinner entrees.
A word from PARK Restaurant & Bar
Located in Harvard Square, PARK is a modern neighborhood restaurant/bar designed to suit today’s drinking and dining needs. A place to grab a quick after-work drink or bite, enjoy a leisurely dinner, linger over cocktails, or spend an entire night, PARK offers a variety of experiences that will feel unique depending on which of the four distinct spaces you’re seated. With an eclectic design aesthetic, PARK is stocked with rousing conversation pieces that range from counter-culture artwork from the 1960s to antique book-lined shelves and a trophy case brimming with myriad oddities. Not to be outdone, Executive Chef Mark Goldberg brings a spirited sense of interpretation to PARK’s New American menu of homey classics, which are served alongside an internationally-inspired collection of craft cocktails, beer and wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
PARK Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (57)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (55)hot spot (41)neighborhood gem (38)special occasion (26)late-night find (23)romantic (21)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (14)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- gastro pub with flairbeartunesDined on 10/19/2014A delicious selection from gourmet burgers to entrees that will satisfy your wine snob friends. The cocktail list is impressive and sophisticated. The atmosphere a touch dark and reminiscent of Restoration Hardware. The food, just as rustic and inspired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great friendly palce worth a vistOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014High energy bar scene with good service and food. Fun atmosphere.Special Features:
- Three Times a CharmCarolinSomervilleDined on 10/18/2014This was my third visit to Park and, as before, the service, food, and ambience were excellent. Service was attentive without being intrusive. It was a very, very busy evening but we weren't rushed at all. The food is terrific - Crispy Mussels (enough for 2 or more as an appetizer) fabulous, the Tastings of Toast unique and delicious, and the Lamb Burger fantastic. Can't wait to visit again. Nearly forgot - nifty cocktails, too! The atmosphere is upbeat, lively, and fun. A lot of smiling people - this is a good place!Special Features:
- disappointing food nice placemarlbethDined on 10/17/2014very mediocre food. Attractive restaurant. I think this is more a bar and you go here to drinkSpecial Features:
- Mixed to UnpleasantDCdinerDined on 10/13/2014We chose the spot because menu looked interesting and most others were closed on Mondays. The experience ranged from mediocre to bad. They accommodated our late arrival and brought the food out quickly. However, the server was borderline rude as she rushed us through ordering, could not answer our questions and was curt and unfriendly. Cheese board was very good as were the taste toasts. The lamb patty was almost undigestable - way too salty and overloaded with olives. The salmon was undercooked and had to be sent back. The stuffed veal was tasty but the au jus was bland, as were the string beans. The atmosphere was dark and a bit depressing.
- Top NotchSlopenativeDined on 10/12/2014Went for brunch during busy Oktoberfest. Lovely menu, good service, excellent food, reasonable prices. Worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature DrinkKiwiy2kDined on 10/9/2014Their Lavender Moon cocktail is amazing!!!!! Food is a unique take on Americanized classics. LOVE the steak and brisket dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too noisyicanthearyouDined on 10/4/2014great appetizers and entrees. Terribly noisy. If I can't find a quieter table to sit at that I can hear my dinner quests- I won't be back. Service was incredibly slow and inattentive.Special Features:
- Cozy, cool, quality experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/3/2014I'm never disappointed at Park. Delicious food, great wine, beer, cocktails and bourbon offerings... Atmosphere is cool but also warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Favorite Harvard BarsFelixDined on 10/1/2014Park is one of those places that a lot of people miss entirely. Down a set of stairs, a single sign the size of two mailboxes is the only thing indicating it isn't some parking garage. The bar is fantastic, and the best part about the restaurant is asking the bartenders to make you a custom drink. Tell them what you like and your mood and they'll whip something amazing up for you. I've never been let down. I've been here with friends and on dates, and it always impresses. Reasonably priced, and the service is typically incredible. On this most recent occasion, one of the bartenders seemed to be a bit put off by my friend and I, which was surprisingly off putting, so I had to ding a star in the service category.Special Features:
- One of Best Restnt Interiors inTownopinionatedchefDined on 9/28/2014In addition to the food, it's the interior design that has me loving Park. It's a warren of dark panelled rooms with low lighting and very comfy club chairs and banquettes. The whole place feels like the best of Victorian Private Clubs. Food is good to very good, with reasonable portions and attention paid to local seafood. And on Sundays, there is gratis parking in the building- what a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good apps & drinksgwenDined on 9/26/2014We stopped by on a Friday evening for apps & drinks. The beet salad and pork belly BLT (with fried green tomatoes) were delicious and perfect for our brief visit. The server was attentive to our table and extremely pleasant. His wine recommendations were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu/superlative svc.LizzietishDined on 9/24/2014Tried this for the first time with an out of town guest on Wednesday night based on the recommendation of a friend. We were not disappointed. I had the caramelized scallops, which were to die for, and my cousin had the hangar steak. She initially said the portion was too large but she consumed every last bite. We traded bites and agreed that we would definitely order each other's entrees next time. We were slightly disappointed in the dessert menu (very limited) but this is an extremely petty complaint. My only caution is that this is a very popular spot with the young after work crowd and it did get quite noisy. The bar is open to the dining room. Malcolm provided excellent service.Special Features:
- Loved it!amber924aDined on 9/22/2014The gnocchi was really good, and the salmon was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I went there on Friday night with my girlfriend and the wait so aft and manger tried to run out table in 20 to 25 mins the food was ok but the service was horrible considering the staff coming every 2 mins to ask if we wanted to order something else. I do not recommend this place. The manager also came by to check if we had put down our card to make payment. I felt bad since I choose this restaurant to take my friend on a Friday night.Special Features:
- Brunch!genacmVIPDined on 9/14/2014Ample and interesting brunch before matinee performance at the American Reperatory Theatre. Home made biscuits, lots of interesting choices, pleasant atmosphere. Huge portions; consider splitting a round of fresh biscuits (3 huge biscuits per serving), some banana waffles, and something savory around the table.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014Place exceeded my expectations. Great service & food was amazing. Will be back for sure. More than once.Special Features:
- Good hangout for friends after workGaston2morrowDined on 9/12/2014I love the dark woods of this place – like a cozy, rustic dining room in an old home. The crispy mussels were tasty and filling (don't eat them all by yourself otherwise you will not have much room to eat the entree. The caramelized scallops and the shiitake mushrooms were very good. I'll definitely order them again next time I go back. The desert selection was unpretentious but decent. Service was well-timed, friendly without fanfare. This is not the place to go on a Friday evening if you want a quiet romantic dinner though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceChristinaVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was decent. My boyfriend loved it of course because the food here is "man food" with a twist. I got the brisket, which was good, but was lacking enough BBQ sauce. My boyfriend got the chicken which was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Awesome food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I don't understand why this place isn't more packed. Aside from being a little expensive, the food is trememdous, atmosphere is lovely, and staff is awesome. Great recommendations. I would try the toasts of toasts. Yum yum.Special Features:
- GoodIntriguingDined on 8/30/2014All around pleasant experience. Amount of food was a bit dissapointing. (Small)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OutoftownerVIPDined on 8/24/2014We came for restaurant week (Dine Out Boston) because it is one of the few that offers the lowest price tier of $28 for dinner (app+entree). Reviews seemed mixed, and consistency is difficult to achieve for restaurants, but we had a great experience. The food was well prepared and tasted very good...gazpacho and poached pear for appetizers, and gnudi and fried chicken for entrees. The fried chicken was not dry in the slightest, and was deboned, which I always appreciate. My only complaint was the inclusion of kale--this was not listed in the menu, and it is a taste I just don't care for (but some people do). Park is a great restaurant-spacious seating irons, friendly service, and convenient parking (garage above--free with validation Sun.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Dine OutlikesgoodfoodDined on 8/21/2014We visited for dinner during Dine Out Week for a 2 course $28 meal. The resaturant is on ground level and is very dark. In fact, we had trouble reading the menus. We both had the poached pear which was best part of our dinner. The waiter removed our silverware with the dishes. As such, we had no utensils when the main course arrived. It took several minutes to get us utensils. My fried chicken was luke warm, bready and bland tasting. There also was a biscuit covered with luke warm pork gravy which lacked flavor. My friend had the lamb which she described as having a very strong, unpleasant taste. Neither of us finished our meals. No one asked about how we liked our food. We were very disappointed with Park Restaurant.
- Huh? Voted best restaurant?MichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 8/13/2014Voted best restaurant in Cambridge last year by Boston Magazine? The slow roasted brisket was dry that I needed to return it. They ran out of the meat pie and a few other items (it was only 8:15PM). However I liked the pub-restaurant atmosphere, but how could this better than other restaurants?
- They tried hardracimoDined on 8/10/2014The staff was great, tried very hard. The food was OK, nothing to write home about. A pretty empty place. A loud venue to have a couple's dinner. No sound barrier between the bar and rest of the restaurant. The ambiance is not inviting or soothing. Not our idea of a night out.Special Features:
- Interesting menu, pitiful executionluv2dineDined on 8/9/2014Atmosphere and decor was refined and handsome. For apps, tasting of the toasts was exceptionally good; good balance of flavors. The fried mussels missed their mark; the batter was soft and gummy. I would expect a more delicate and flaky, almost crunchy batter. Entrees: The salmon was bland, as were the vegetables that accompanied it. The steak was excellent along with the bacon gruyere potato skins. However, the salad that accompanied the steak was inedible (too much dressing and the dressing was too sour). The fruit pie for dessert was more of a thick waffle stuffed with 1 blackberry, and 3 peach slices. The corn icecream that accompanied it was very good.Special Features:
- Awesome placerormethius77Dined on 8/9/2014Been here 3 times now, and enjoyed ourselves more each time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Great atmosphere, great drinks. Food was ok. They must have forgot to put our food in or lost the ticket because it took over an hour to get our food. Other tables who came in after us were eating before us. Not happy about that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole experience was greatVerygoodDined on 8/1/2014Familiar foods but different and adventurous flavored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Harvard Square Favorite!MeghanDined on 7/29/2014I went here with my family for birthday dinner and was not disappointed. The food is excellent here -- especially the grazing appetizers like their ever-changing Tasting of Toasts. Cocktails are also great -- I often just describe to the bartender what I'm in the mood for and they'll fix me up something nice. The atmosphere is usually what makes this place -- it's cozy and feels like you're in someone's old library. However we our party of 6 was seated in an awkward through-way for serving staff not too far from the bar. We asked to be seated somewhere else, but this place fills up fast. It was the only buzzkill for the evening.Special Features:
- Time2EatVIPDined on 7/28/2014Severely overpriced for quality and small portion of food (ordered the scallops). Flavor was just OK and the bite-sized scallops that came with my entree were disappointing, though not completely terrible. The bean/kumquat side that came with the entree was "weird" at best--but my boyfriend's spinach was good. The waitress came and asked us how everything was about 5 seconds after the plates were on the table--we said "everything is good" but don't think we had actually tasted anything--didn't see her again until we were done eating.
- Great MealbstnelmDined on 7/27/2014I had no problem making a reservation at Park for my group of 6. I probably didn't even need to make a reservation. The ambience was great. Not too quiet, not too loud. Our server was attentive, but not pushy or overbearing. The crab and lobster dip was fantastic, as were the crispy mussels. The gnocchi was light and fluffy, and everyone enjoyed their food immensely. Great food and great wine/beer selection and not too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParkSaugusDinerDined on 7/25/2014Food was excellent. Service was good. Noise level was too high; I had to yell to be heard by my companions.Special Features:
- Great patty-melt and beer menu!HGC1Dined on 7/19/2014My wife and I were going to see Sidewalk Driver at the Sinclair, and wanted a nice place for dinner before the show. Park had good reviews and was right below the parking garage. I booked a reservation on-line for 7:00. The service was great and the server recommended an excellent wheat/IPA blended beer that was delicious. Complimentary cheese and cracker plate (and sparkling water if desired) was quite good. I had their meat pie of the day, chicken and leek. It was large & tasty, but could have used a bit more gravy inside it. My wife got the patty melt. She offered me a quarter of the sandwich. It was AMAZING. It was kind of like a ruben hamburger. It was easily the best hamburger I've had in recent memory and I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location + Fine FareOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014PARK offers a great place to get a well-prepared and enjoyable meal in the Harvard Square area. My guest and I were given complimentary bottled water, orders taken promptly, and food delivered just as quickly. All in all, a very positive experience.Special Features:
- Ticked most boxes but...joeydonnDined on 7/18/2014I hope I'm not being harsh here as I cannot fault the food (menu had a good selection; food was ok, hot, and out very quickly), drink (huge selection of liquor, beers, and cocktails), service (waiter was friendly and knew his stuff) and I even liked the decor. It was just very quiet. The only reservation we could get at short notice was for 6pm (Friday) and we were close to the only people there. When we left, the bar had filled in a little but few others had arrived. I don't want to be too harsh as it could come alive later in the evening, but that is how our experience was.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful :)amd492Dined on 7/13/2014We were hoping for a nice afternoon date and that's just what we got. The restaurant was so cute and everyone was so nice. Not to mention, the food was delicious!Special Features:
- The BartenderjujuDined on 7/12/2014The bartender Robert, is a drink wizard. He always makes me exceptional drinks that always blows my mind. Thank you for your great service.Special Features:
- Cozy and oh-so coolFoodie6VIPDined on 7/10/2014This restaurant is incredible. It fits perfectly in Harvard Square with all of it's luscious Chesterfield sofas, dark wood...it feels like an old library or something slightly cooler, haha. The service was excellent; I believe our server's name was Ryan - he was attentive, knowledgeable, and personable. The food was delicious, I had the caesar salad and la plancha salmon, both great. My husband had the trio of toasts (sooo yummy), as well as the bar steak which was cooked perfectly. The cocktails were delicious and unique, and I loved the cask beer (we went on a Thursday). Our server also made great recommendations. Can't wait to return for another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty enoughpennzollDined on 7/9/2014I like to see a few veggies on a plate so the mountain of match stick fries that came with my lamb burger didn't delight. The burger itself was tasty, well seasoned and served with really good condiments. The server knew his wine and gave a spot on recommendation. Overall, a bit pricey for the ingredients on the plate but worth checking outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.