10030 S. De Anza Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkplacecupertino.com/
- Phone: 4088731000x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 7:00am-10:00am
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -9:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Monday - Sunday: 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Brad Kraten
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have intimate private dining rooms for 40 or ballrooms for sit down weddings or events for 200 people. Please contact Lesley at email@example.com
- Special Events: Host your own special event with us. For personalized reservations please call (408) 873-1000
A word from Park Place
Park Place is an exciting restaurant located in the heart of Silicon Valley at the Cali Mill Plaza. Park Place offers beautiful outdoor dining as well as a comfortable dining experience in the bar or the cozy dining room. You can even stop in for cocktails by our outdoor firepit. Park Place features fresh produce and locally grown specialty items. Chef Brad Kraten's seasonal menu celebrates his contemporary American take on the best that California has to offer. Think delicious housemade sausages, hand cut filet and pan roasted halibut. Park Place's Specialty cocktails and more than 80 wines make up the eclectic bar menu. Whether it's a quick drink with friends or a special dinner with a loved one, Park Place will fit the bill!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Park Place - Best Restaurants in Cupertino ›
Park Place reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (18)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (12)special occasion (7)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (4)Show More
- Poor service at OK placeStevecmc87Dined on 9/12/2014Went here to accommodate a colleague staying at the hotel. The food was OK, but the service was terrible. Waiter did not listen well, did not serve the appetizer until after entree was served. Also did not attend to water refills. When my colleague asked for another beer, we had to ask again since the waiter went missing. Yes, we were later in the evening for dinner, but we should have been treated better than that.Special Features:
- NOTE: HOTEL RESTAURANTJandJDined on 8/31/2014We did not realize that it was a hotel restaurant. The waiter had to deal with kids from the hotel the entire time and was distracted. The drinks were less than stellar. I ordered a "New Old Fashion" and it made me witht they stuck with the old old fashion. My wife ordered a Moscow Mule and it came in a glass cup instead of the copper cup. Now i would understand not having the copper cup but the drink is on their short list menu. Then we got our food, my wife got the seafood pasta, and was disappointed because it was mostly all fish and little shellfish. In fact she could not find any crab meat. Finally I go the skirt steak and truffle fries. The fries were ok, and yet were probably the best part of the meal. The steak had no flavor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014The best Eggs Benedict I've ever had and the hollandaise sauce had a little spice that went well with the eggs which were poached perfectly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Breakfast was very good , as always. Real orange juice! The bacon could have been a little crisper.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Excellent dinner, as always. Very entergetic Friday night crowd.Special Features:
- Can count on Park PlacelindaDined on 8/22/2014There are two restaurants in the area we can count on; Park Place and Fontana's. Park Place has a somewhat abbreviated menu, but we can always find something we enjoy. The wait staff is friendly and tries hard to please and there is seldom a wait. For some reason they have dropped the pork chop entrée from the menu, they should consider bring it back, it was really good. The wine by the glass price for Zin is high ($15), we think they should offer something at a lower price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entree vegetarian optionaffordableCollectorVIPDined on 8/19/2014dry vegetarian burger. made of black beans. the salad was good. our server, she was outstanding.Special Features:
- mb650VIPDined on 8/14/2014Food was good but service was really bad. We sat at our table for 30 minutes before any wait staff approached us.
- Park Place for DinnerWinendineDined on 8/10/2014Park Place is a great place for a relaxing meal, by yourself or with friends. The staff was professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service good til endInfobahnFoodieDined on 8/10/2014It was a good experience until will had to practically trip our server to get her attention when we were ready for the check. Serious lack of attention which was incongruous compared with the remainder of the meal. No excuse we could note in terms of number of other patrons. No appology for ignoring us.Special Features:
- Good for DrinksDCupertinoDined on 8/8/2014Previously, I went here for drinks with a group. The drinks were great and the appetizers we had along the way were pretty good. So, I brought my wife back for a date night dinner. Unfortunately, for dinner, the place is anything but romantic. The tables are way too close together and are also beat up with scratches down to bare wood all over them. We ordered an appetizer, the poutine-like fries. They showed up *with* all of our meal in a giant pile of dishes all at the same time. Not cool. They tasted pretty good, but claimed to have gravy, and there was almost none. Everything that we ordered was nearly unseasoned. The tiny 1 hole salt and 2 hole pepper shaker each output about 1 grain at a time. Good portions, friendly, mediocre food.
- Moderate pricing and experienceKensReviewDined on 7/17/2014I thought that the service was good. We were immediately met by a very friendly hostess who had our reservation in-hand and our table ready. Within a minute we had a waitress attending to us, so the friendliness and timing were really good. We ordered an appetizer and drinks and both were good, but not great (we had the calamari, which was on par with other places I've had this appetizer). We were waiting for another person in our party, so our waitress continued to check back with and I never had to request her to come over to our table, so kudos on service. The food, however, was pretty standard. I ordered the chicken and I have definitely had better. The other entrees were also average. Bread Pudding for dessert was great!
- Perfect for Business MeetingsVictoriaVIPDined on 7/9/2014Going to Park Place is perfect for my business meeting with clients for out of town. The hostess and wait staff are incredible. My top favorite business meeting place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/3/2014Reviews - crab chowder, noise - were accurate. Since we had early seating noise and crowds were not an issue. Only concern was flies. Tried to even open patio door to rid of flies during dinner. Food was surprisingly good - wasabi mashed potato with fish was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!ChefrjVIPDined on 6/25/2014I usually have the crab chowder and a salad. Excellent chowder and the salad selection is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasantXglovetoeatDined on 6/11/2014always enjoy my meal there, reservation is recommended in case there is a group party which can be very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average food with a nice viewHungryDinerVIPDined on 6/6/2014Nothing really blew me away: my cocktail was fine, something different but not necessarily a drink I'd order again. My burger and fries were above average (the truffle oil made the difference) but again, kind of just meh. The rib fries were greasy, heavy and bad, I regretted ordering them. The pork entree was tasty, however, and our dessert was OK. The pepperoni flatbread was great - must try and as well as the side mushrooms, both were the highlight of the meal.Special Features:
- Disappointing for business lunchlunchtimeVIPDined on 6/6/2014This was a "go to" business lunch place until this past visit. We were seated at 12:24 and got our food at 1:30! Seated by the meeting room door (we asked to be moved and could only accomodate 4 at a bar table or outside - they did not offer to put 2 two tops -) the in and out was beyond distracting and annoying. Over 20 people passed by us Server was bartending and serving - WHAT? Food order was wrong and when they finally brought it they blamed us for ordering flatbread that's what took so long! Great blame the customer! The food isn't memorable enough to overcome the poor service. We won't come back. We did mention our disappointment and they gave us a 20% discount which softened the whole thing. But not enough to bring us back.
- Always greatChefrjVIPDined on 5/25/2014My favorite is the Crab Chowder with the Tuna Salad. The Mushroom Wellington is another great choice. Also the daily specials are always worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 500 reviews are from the Park Place reviews archive.
- OK PlaceNumber3456Dined on 5/18/2014We were expecting a more upscale place and food. The menu is modest. Burgers seem to be popular but we do not enjoy burgers when we go out. The restaurant is a typical hotel restaurant with nothing special.
- Easy and lightDinahDined on 5/17/2014Went with a few friends. The mood was casual the conversation level was perfect. The waiter caught our flow and timed everything right. Food came out hot and prepared well. Parking can be bit of a challenge for first time diners, but once you know how to get to the underground parking, it is easy.Special Features:
- Always greatChefrjVIPDined on 5/14/2014I love being able to make reservations at the last moment, always getting a parking spot and dining with great food, Park Place consistently provides this and more. I recommend trying the specials.Special Features:
- Small but invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/12/2014Went there for an a special occasion. Place wasn't crowded, but wasn't empty either. Service was very good, and everything we ordered tasted very good. In short, the food was much better than we thought it would be. Server brought out something on-the-house for us, which was unexpected and is the type of thing that makes you want to come back to a place again. It's on our list now. On the way home, we already were discussing what we want to eat next time we go there, so they did their job pretty much perfect.Special Features:
- Favorite for Mother's Day BrunchMrDelDined on 5/11/2014Have been going for Mother's Day Brunch for several years. This will be our last time since they did a major price increase. First time we were charged extra for Champagne at a Champagne Brunch.Special Features:
- Always greatChefrjVIPDined on 5/7/2014Best crab chowder in Cupertino, super salads and an excellent bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicemelodyVIPDined on 5/6/2014The wait staff is superb. The food is unique and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingPostsymphonydinerVIPDined on 5/4/2014We've had lovely dinner at Park Place before, so I booked this for breakfast during our anniversary celebration weekend. It was surprisingly sub-par. Omelette was lovely to look at but overcooked and almost cafeteria style taste. My Huevos Rancheros looked good but the whole dish did not seem very hot nor fresh. Our table was dirty (crumbs and a random lemon seed) and the chairs were shabby. It was not too busy at that hour so I don't know why staff could not have been more on top of cleaning. I love Cypress Hotel where this is located and wanted to enjoy breakfast here but really, it was a let down. We had a much better meal for less $ at Boudin down the street later that day. Needs a lot of improvement.
- COOL PLACE IN CUPERTINOBOBNJILLDined on 4/26/2014It's in the Cyprus Hotel and has had a few different names over the years. But the food here is as good as it looks plus the hotel is a great place to stay for the weekend. I like them both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good, service lackingBritinUSADined on 4/26/2014Food was great, we had the burgers which were big enough to split for two. Service, hardly saw the waiter. Had to ask for water and ice tea refills more than once
- Didn't realize it was a hotelDietzVIPDined on 4/23/2014I would of been very happy to find this resturant if I was traveling for work and staying in a hotel. For being something in my own back yard it lacked a bit of intimacy that I was looking for on a date with my husband. Service was good, they knew we were going to a show and got us in and out. Food was fine and the menu offered a good variety. Got a special treat of carmel corn as we left for making a reservation that we enjoyed as a midnight snack. Tables were very worn to the point they should either be covered or replaced. I would gladly meeting a business colleague there but not do a date night there.
- Good place for Easter BrunchkivablueDined on 4/20/2014The food was good, the price was right and it wasn't completely crowded. The dining area was just a big dining room which I was disappointed with, but I it was quiet and comfortable.Special Features:
- Hotel Restaurant - Fits the cliche'TryAlexandersVIPDined on 4/19/2014Nothing special. Food preparation and seasoning was mediocre. Preparation of side dish of 'creamy grits' was undercooked and tasteless. Flat Iron Steak was cooked well but lacked flavor. Wouldn't recommend or return.
- Light DinnertopcheftrailDined on 4/15/2014Hot a very light dinner of Soup and Salad the Asparagus Soup was very tasty and the salad was fresh and lightSpecial Features:
- ServicescapeAdinerVIPDined on 4/14/2014We've been here a few times for special occasions and just nosh/wine with friends. Last night's service started out a little rocky, but the main server (Jayson) really took over and made this dinner-date/night memorable. His recommendations and personal opinions on some dishes and foods were right on par. Crab soup was absolutely amazing and although I felt I could have had some more vegetables with the chicken, the main part of the dish was tender, juicy and a great recommendation. As always the Park Place Burger was the highlight and the fries are definitely worth going back for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious breakfasts!HappilyDiningVIPDined on 4/6/2014We had the chicken and waffle sandwich, fruit platter and brioche french toast. The C & W sandwich was huge and very good, the fruit platter had 6+ different types of ripe fruit on it, and the french toast was the best I have ever had! Exceptional- perfectly cooked, tender, not raw anywhere, yummy golden brown and an ample portion. Huge actually..This is the place to come when you don't want the coffee shop/ dive breakfast experience - or possibly the best French Toast you will ever have.Special Features:
- Family get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Have enjoyed the restaurant but this time disappointed.
- Gluten FreeRomantenDined on 3/29/2014We really like this place because it has a gluten free menu in addition to the regular menu. They have some great selections but it's not a cheap place to dine. People go there in shorts to suits so it's pretty much an open attire place. The service was quite good although they only had one server and a bus-person working the whole dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Very Good FoodSeaEllenDined on 3/26/2014Had a light bite there before an 8:00 show, soup of the day and a beet salad. Portions were just right, the service was perfect- no annoying interruptions and just the right amount of checking in to make sure all was OK. Waitress was very good about bringing the bill on time so we wouldn't miss the show. I would definitely return and recommend Park Place to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Place AgainchewmanVIPDined on 3/22/2014We go to Park Place at least on a monthly basis. The food and service is always good. It was a little noisy this last visit because of a huge party they were having there. I had the Park Place Burger which is served with pork belly, an egg and truffle fries. Burger was cooked to perfection as were the fries. My wife had the sea bass which was also cooked perfectly, i.e., noty overcooked and spiced nicely.Special Features:
- Wouldn't go againArgusVIPDined on 3/16/2014When we arrived, a family party was happening in the dining area. We tried to take refuge in the bar area. We could still hear and see their giant family party. We were later offered appetizer plates and my daughter's plate was dirty. For dinner, her mac and cheese tasted old and our ribs with black rice tasted like it was just reheated. Later, as people arrived, they were seated and then got up and moved away from the family party. I would not recommend this restaurant and won't be going back. The wait staff was kind, but they were overworked by the family party of 30 - 35 people. I didn't know that this restaurant was connected to a hotel before making the res. It played out as many restaurants connected to a hotel do, poorly.