422 NW 8th Ave
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5032237275x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 9:00pm with happy hour from 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Ethan Snyder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater for parties between 10 and 30 people. Custom packages available.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Park Kitchen overlooks the scenic north park blocks and is ideal for sit down meals and business meetings for between six and thirty-five guests or cocktail parties for 10 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Chevonne Ball 5032237275x2
A word from Park Kitchen
Park Kitchen is creative seasonal cuisine with nationally recognized Chef/ Owner Scott Dolich. We rely on local and sustainably grown meats and produce. The service is casual yet friendly and knowledgeable. The extensive spirit and wine selection focuses on the local talents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
Park Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Park Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (49)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (23)notable wine list (17)good for groups (13)hot spot (8)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Gorgeous food, gorgeous restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014A beautiful restaurant. Decor and ambiance were amazing. The food did not fall short. We had a couple of small plates so were able to try a good selection. The crudités with cheese was phenomenal. The beets were exceptionally tasty and really different. The espresso beef tenderloin had a strong flavor and was cooked to perfection. The best part was definitely dessert. A pavlova oozing with Creme Anglaise and sprinkled with berries. If I lived in Portland I would be a regular here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fabulous Meal at Park KitchenNB61Dined on 9/15/2014Our second time at Park Kitchen (we live out of state) but just as fantastic as the first time. Started with the Your Kitchen Garden salad--so delicious with beets, chilies, chicories, and walnuts; Fried green beans with fried BACON and tarragon aioli--addictive! Next had Anthony's frikeh (a grain if you don't know), with cucumbers, ground cherries, and feta. The best dish of the night of great dishes!! Also had the flanksteak with blue cheese, parsley, sherries onions; also Ayer's creek cornmeal pasta with braised pork shoulder and zucchini. Great dinner! Maybe one dish too many. No room for dessert. :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We ordered the small and large plate, excellant pairing of food for us, best corn chowder! Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute CuisineGrendelDined on 9/10/2014Although I would not describe the experience at Park Kitchen as anything like a bargain or value, I suppose if you want innovative, carefully crafted and delicious food combinations you have to be prepared to fork out, figuratively speaking. As a special occasion or treat venue, it would be highly recommended. Staff were all very friendly and professional. It was not particularly crowded for us on a Tuesday evening, so the service was prompt and everything was served at exactly the right time and temperature. I suspect it would be more of a challenge for them to deliver that same experience on a crowded Friday or Saturday night, but cannot speak from personal knowledge on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodtzoeDined on 9/6/2014I always wonder why I don't come here more often, EVERY time I dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!PineconesDined on 9/5/2014We had a very a great dinner with some very special friends! We had heard about this place from others in our family and were very pleased with our experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total find!DerbyGirlVIPDined on 9/3/2014I happened upon this spot while traveling and I will definitely be back! I enjoyed an open air seat and could see the bocce ball games across the street at the park. But the real fun was the good - from the amuse bouche (heirloom tomatoes) to the unforgettable chilled corn soup to the delightful buttermilk/peach/bourbon dessert. It was extraordinary. The salted cod fritters were just okay for my taste but they seem to be a local hit on the menu. Friendly and knowledgable service with just the right level of attentiveness. Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wisetravelerDined on 9/2/2014Excellent food and interesting space - menu is fit for a foodie.Special Features:
- Great Food; spectacular serviceWestieRulesVIPDined on 8/29/2014As two typically cynical Bostonians, we found Portland's overly forced phony hipster scene just a bit too much to take. Dinner at Park Kitchen showed us Portland's better (much better) side. We had six of the small plate tasting dishes, and let the chef decide the order. Each one was better than the previous. The service was as fine as the food. Fun vibe, too. We dine out a a lot and I travel so we have been to plenty of great restaurants all over the place. Park Kitchen was as great a dining experience as we have had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone too longfingrlikengdDined on 8/27/2014We haven't been back to Park Kitchen in more than 3 years, and I'm so glad we rediscovered how really nice of a place it is. Great food, great service, and great drinks. What more could you ask for, but there is more, no maddening crowds, just a great neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great food, but expensiveSpokanefoodnutDined on 8/23/2014We have been here several times. We always order the small and large plate selections and wait for the kitchen to surprise us. They always do. Because of the eclectic choices I defer to the server to suggest the wines. Both bottles were great choices that I'll look for for my own table at home. Prices are steep, but the food is unique. A diner with a more restricted budget probably would do well ordering specific dishes off the menu, as opposed to what we did, but you would miss a big part of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl in the Pearl!jprOutBoundDined on 8/18/2014Park Kitchen was a great find for two out-of-towners. My daughter and I met in Portland for a quick visit. Our dinner at Park Kitchen was one of the highlights of the trip. Very good, interesting food and bar drinks, excellent service and the panna cotta dessert was exquisite. We were seated outside on a warm evening and able to catch the locals playing bocce ball in the park across the street. Very good. Very fun. Highly recommend Park Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the tasting menu with wine pairings. Cocktails were great too! Perfect for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might be Portland's best.LaurieBDined on 8/16/2014Choosing to put our dining experience in the expert hands of the staff, my date and I entrusted them with the small and large plate tasting menu ($60 p.p.). We were asked about food allergy issues and other preferences, and our customized foodie adventure commenced. An outstanding and often surprising series of fresh, seasonal, local farm-to-table, best of Oregon dishes were delivered with perfect timing and educated commentary by our server. As our enthusiasm grew, the adventure expanded to include wine pairings we asked her to select for us (also all local wineries), and we had one of the best dinners either one of us has ever enjoyed. Simply wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best tasting menu everintrepidepicureDined on 8/15/2014We are regulars at Park Kitchen over the past decade and have loved to bring friends and clients alike here for a special meal over the years. I think tonight's chef's tasting menu was the best we've ever had here. Complex yet complete flavors, discreet yet attentive service, and an intimate yet lively atmosphere made for another fantastic night that our guests from Barbados said was one of the most memorable meals they've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightblackbuttegirlDined on 8/9/2014We recommend the chef's menu - always interesting and delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!!JourneysDined on 8/8/2014The tasting menu is a wonderful way to enjoy the creativity of this restaurant! I have always enjoyed dining here and look forward to many more times in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Portions, Pretentious ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We've been to Park Kitchen 3 times, but our most recent visit was disappointing. The food and ambience were great as usual (though portion sizes small for the price), but our server was extremely pretentious and put a damper on our experience. We weren't super hungry coming in, but he was pretty pushy about trying to get us to order the $50 small plate sampler or the $60 large plate sampler. When we ordered an entree each instead he was clearly disappointed. We planned to order wine and beer as well, but at $12/glass/wine and $7 beers that are $4 at other nice restaurants in town, we decided to skip it. I don't think we'll be back. For the prices, we expect a stellar experience and this wasn't it.Special Features:
- Just a perfect mealJessica1911Dined on 8/6/2014The meal and the service were just perfect, with creative combinations of ingredients that worked to enhance each ingredient. My friend and I spent a lot of time saying "This is soooo good!" The servers were attentive and friendly but not intrusive. Our table was great--we both had a view of the kitchen. This restaurant is now in my Top Ten, and I will be returning as often as I can.Special Features:
- Very tastyluvlocalfood1231Dined on 8/3/2014It was very good.Food is well prepare and it's all local ingredient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/28/2014If you like Spanish flavours and small plates to share you will like this place. Most of ours were good to very good but some were an odd combination of flavours and texture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- willdinethereagainDined on 7/26/2014We chose to experiment with a 'sampler' menu, and were introduced to dishes that were imaginative, interesting, and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find off the beaten trackwendeeVIPDined on 7/26/2014I often use Open Table to find new restaurants. Park Kitchen was a nice find in the Pearl District. We had a nice quiet dinner looking out toward the park. They specialize in loca-vore foods--we had several small plates: green beans and bacon, salt cod fritters, steak salad, and frikeh (wheat grain salad). Main course: Payne's Family roast pork w/cotechino hash and cabbage, small portions for the price ($30) and pork was fatty so not all edible meat. The best bet are the small plates. The dessert was a fabulous cool and tangy buttermilk panna cotta--I would order that again. So I would say the entree was a bit uneven and stick to the small plates. Service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/25/2014I've dined here four times now and each time has been wonderful. The outdoor dining is perfect; quiet, shade and a comfortable breeze make it perfect. The service is impeccable and very personalized. And the food, the chef takes advantage of locally grown foods to prepare magnificent, original plates of delicious foods. IMO, this is one of the best restaurants in Portland. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a favoriteadventuresindiningDined on 7/22/2014Tasty eats...they never disappointment. The seasonal menu always has a fun new dish to try out and the happy hour beverages are must. The service is fantastic. I enjoy bringing people here for a quieter but very Portland culinary adventure.Special Features:
- Great Sunday Night MealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014We had out friends in town from Hong Kong and decided to try Park Kitchen. The staff was very helpful with the menu, the wine selection was great, the food quality, taste & portions were excellent. It can get a bit loud if all of the table are filled but the ambiance is very nice with the table nestled into a room with the kitchen. We really enjoyed it and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2cookDined on 7/19/2014We loved the food and the portion size, Service excellent. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- A food experience and thats all.travelerDined on 7/19/2014Had made a reservation for 8 people 3 days prior to date. They set up the table directly in front of the kitchen which made it horribly hot. The first course for those who ordered it came late, but what was most intolerable was the second course took longer to serve than the first course making those who had not ordered a first course wonder if they were being punished for not ordering a first course. Adding insult to injury, the waitress was rude from the start. It's a shame that the dining experience was so aweful because the food was interesting and tasty. I would only recommend this restaurant to small parties who would be there just for the food with no expectations for good service or ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for appetizers and drinksAdventurousDined on 7/14/2014Cute restaurant but very pricy for the portions. My beef was over cooked and my guests all ordered the salmon which frankly, was bizarre. The service was good but our waiter needed a little brush up on their wine selection. Overall, I would recommend going for the cocktails and small plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great peopleOfficeBuildingBluesDined on 7/13/2014Great meal with fresh local ingredients. Friendly and helpful service. Great place.Special Features:
- Park Kitchen DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Stopped in for dinner during a one night visit to Portland. Had lamb with sauted spinach and carmalized yogurt. It was very good. Had a glass of Beckside IPA along with the meal. A little spendy, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Perfect Summer DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2014Separately, our first experiences at this eatery were lukewarm, but we wanted to give it another try, we are glad that we did. The outdoor dining area is beautifully shaded by the park trees. There was a cool breeze. Brandon our server is probably one of the best servers that I've ever experienced. His demeaner, knowledge, timing and personality made our dining experience wonderful. We gave the chef cart blanc, and we were served a wonderful selection of foods including the best beet salad in Portland as well as a delicious lamb entree. Admittidly, our first impressions were wrong and we are glad that we gave this place a second chance. Bravo!Special Features:
- Bliss in PortlandSFeSeniorsDined on 6/26/2014The menu includes both cold and hot small plates, perfect for a variety for two people to share, as well as large plates. Several tasting menu options are available, depending on how much you want to eat. The food is locally sourced, creatively prepared and presented, and absolutely delicious. I started with a signature cocktail of sparkling wine, Campari and lemon twist lightly sweetened with lavender-infused simple syrup, and it was delightful. Every plate was delicious. Service was attentive, prompt, and informative, as each server gave a description of each new plate. Only complaint: two items were not available, but we were not informed of this until we ordered one of them.Special Features:
- NW Foodie ParadisegipperPDXDined on 6/15/2014Creative fare served with a passion for local products. Don't miss the tatsing menus. Service is equally passionate as the chef about the food they are serving, Gourmet food in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Excellent Farm to Table food.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/14/2014Enjoyed our experience. Wait staff was very attentive. Had a great citrus vodka drink and nice bottle of wine. Did not try the desserts but will next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- park view, great foodadventuresindiningDined on 6/5/2014Couldn't have asked for a better place to share good conversation and great food while watching some bocce ball across the street. Our waitress was wonderful, the perfect blend of leaving us to our own devises, but also right there with a water refill. Per usual the food was excellent and the charred carrots were my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything on the menu is specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/30/2014Other Portland restaurants have introduced small plates but recent places we've tried have just not been memorable, unlike Park Kitchen. Each item Park Kitchen's chefs produced was amazing -- unique and delicious. We chose this restaurant as a place to relax on a Friday night after a busy week of work. It was right on.Special Features:
- Park Kitchen, creative gemDinerDined on 5/29/2014Superb tasting menu is a must! Staff is well-educated on the wine list and happy to recommend food and wine pairings. Always creative and delicious preparations of local and seasonal ingredients.Special Features:
- Small and large plate samplingOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/28/2014Visited PK with a group of visitors and we shared the chef's sampler menu. Everything was delicious from start to finish- small to large to dessert. Had great service for our party of 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedGregVIPDined on 5/25/2014My wife and I went here on a Sunday evening and initially had the place to ourselves. It is a fairly small but very clean and great restaurant. We were very surprised by how each dish came together, as all ingredients worked very well together despite sounding a little unusual. Very interesting food, fantastic drinks, great service and a fun little place to dine. Will definitely return to try more dishes, as the menu has many interesting options.Special Features:
- The following 587 reviews are from the Park Kitchen reviews archive.