422 NW 8th Ave
Portland, OR 97209Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkkitchen.com/
- Phone: (503) 223-7275
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm - 9:00pm with happy hour from 5:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Ethan Snyder
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater for parties between 10 and 30 people. Custom packages available.
- Private Party Facilities: The private dining room at Park Kitchen overlooks the scenic north park blocks and is ideal for sit down meals and business meetings for between six and thirty-five guests or cocktail parties for 10 to 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Chevonne Ball 5032237275x2
A word from Park Kitchen
Park Kitchen is creative seasonal cuisine with nationally recognized Chef/ Owner Scott Dolich. We rely on local and sustainably grown meats and produce. The service is casual yet friendly and knowledgeable. The extensive spirit and wine selection focuses on the local talents.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Park Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Pearl District ›
Park Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (47)special occasion (41)romantic (29)great for outdoor dining (24)notable wine list (19)good for groups (17)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Seasonal, NorthWest-inspired small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2014One of my absolute favorite restaurants in Portland! Always consistently-good small plate/tapas-style menu great for sharing between couples or between larger groups. Intimate cozy atmosphere, incredible cocktail and wine list, remarkable service, and a creative, seasonal menu. Recent favorite dishes include a handkerchief pasta with ragu, agnolotti with farmer's cheese, excellent hay-smoked lamb entree, and a pear salad with yogurt and crispy lentils. Save room for the panna cotta! Perfect for a romantic date night or for taking guests visiting Portland and looking to see what all the national foodie fuss is about!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but chillWendellDined on 11/14/2014The food is truly imaginative and very satisfying. Try to avoid the table by the window on a cold evening. We were freezing and fortunately the dishes were so good we didn't linger over them long enough for them to get cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fantastic serviceSydkohDined on 11/8/2014Ate here on a busy Saturday night with 2 girlfriends on our annual Girl's Weekend in Portland. The noise level was high, but, not overwhelming. The food was adventurous (had squid stuffed with sweetbreads.....can't say I would EVER think of that) and delicious. Enjoyed that the chef also placed food on the table and explained the dishes. Did the tasting menu and had plenty for food. We had some dietary restrictions and the kitchen worked with that. Our waiter was beyond helpful. He explained all things, was fun, and helped us find a cab....introducing me to a new app on my iphone that got us a cab much faster than had we called. Overall a wonderful experience. Will be taking my husband when we make a trip to Portland again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014We were seated half an hour late. Once seated and served, it was terrific, food and service. To help us forget the postponed seating, our attendant waived our corkage fees. We like the intimacy of PK and the quiet.Special Features:
- Superb food and staffBC55Dined on 11/3/2014We always expect good things here but our last visit was off the charts. Staff was super accommodating and food was top notch as usual, we tried the tasting menu and were glad we did. I can't overstate the excellence of the wait staff.Special Features:
- Consistent Gem in PortlandpoepowellDined on 10/29/2014I have only had the best dining experiences at Park Kitchen every time there. Incredible food, seasonal changing menus with interesting local ingredients, super professional staff, great atmosphere....always a wonderful and memorable time at Park Kitchen.Special Features:
- RTseVIPDined on 10/28/2014Everything we ate was terrific. In particular, the charred deNoble Brussels small dish was superb! My wife and I wanted to order several more servings.Special Features:
- CheersDined on 10/26/2014The bartender/server suggested and made me a fall whiskey drink. It was fantastic!!! I don't drink whiskey - EVER. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/19/2014Sunday night and the restaurant was nice and quiet. Great food and service, knowledgable and friendly. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- First Park Kitchen ExperiencefoodiefunDined on 10/18/2014Knowledgable and very friendly staff. We let them choose what to serve our group of 7 and it was a fantastic culinary experience. About 10 courses were served to us each one with the freshest ingredients and the most beautiful locally grown produce. Every dish was delicious and creatively constructed. Definitely recommend, I have never before experience dining like this.Special Features:
- Parking with my WifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/17/2014The food and service at the Park Kitchen was excellent. The menu and food combinations were creative. We enjoyed the evening and so will you.Special Features:
- Portland FavoriteDnSeatingDined on 10/15/2014We visit Park Kitchen every time we're in Portland and are never disappointed. The tasting menus are consistently amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The kitchen does itElPeaDined on 10/2/2014These people know what they're doing, do it well, and love it. And we loved sharing it with them. Everything is wonderful, but don't skip the bread and butter. Wow! We've sent all our colleagues, and they agree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A foodie's dreamtandjfoodiesVIPDined on 9/30/2014We had the tasting menu with matching wines for each course. Local, seasonal ingredients, inventively prepared ... they even make their own butter!! The stuffed squid was fabulous as was every dish that they brought out. Wine list was small but well-selected. They were very accommodating with food allergies and even made up some special dishes (not on the menu) that our friend was able to eat. Yum!! If you are a foodie and are in Portland don't miss this place!!Special Features:
- Exceptional!tinajoymDined on 9/29/2014Highly recommend the tasting menu. The flavors were divine. Our favorites were the Kitchen Garden beets, Payne Family's pork, and the Buttermilk panna cotta! One of the best meals we've ever had! Service was appropriately attentive.Special Features:
- As Always, Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014If you enjoy superb service, friendly staff, great food and a wonderful atmosphere, then the Park Kitchen is the place to dine. We particularly enjoy dining outside where there are just a few tables. But the view on this quaint street is great. The staff is so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable; they're willing to go out of their way to please. The food is original, interesting, clean and healthy. This is one of our consistent favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoughtful preparation and serviceEatGoodFoodDined on 9/25/2014The sweet corn soup was so good I had a second bowl for dessert - after an actual dessert of silky and subtly flavorful buttermilk panna cotta. In between, a summer tomato salad served at the perfect (room) temperature was deeply flavorful. The lively buzz of other happy diners created a nice energy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Star ExperienceElderberryWineDined on 9/25/2014We had a wonderful dinner at Park Kitchen. Decided to go with a variety of small plates and every one was amazing. Loved the green beans and the flank steak... lamb meatballs were delicious. The restaurant itself has a warm but not stuffy ambiance and the staff was awesome. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gorgeous food, gorgeous restaurantSamosaDined on 9/19/2014A beautiful restaurant. Decor and ambiance were amazing. The food did not fall short. We had a couple of small plates so were able to try a good selection. The crudités with cheese was phenomenal. The beets were exceptionally tasty and really different. The espresso beef tenderloin had a strong flavor and was cooked to perfection. The best part was definitely dessert. A pavlova oozing with Creme Anglaise and sprinkled with berries. If I lived in Portland I would be a regular here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fabulous Meal at Park KitchenNB61Dined on 9/15/2014Our second time at Park Kitchen (we live out of state) but just as fantastic as the first time. Started with the Your Kitchen Garden salad--so delicious with beets, chilies, chicories, and walnuts; Fried green beans with fried BACON and tarragon aioli--addictive! Next had Anthony's frikeh (a grain if you don't know), with cucumbers, ground cherries, and feta. The best dish of the night of great dishes!! Also had the flanksteak with blue cheese, parsley, sherries onions; also Ayer's creek cornmeal pasta with braised pork shoulder and zucchini. Great dinner! Maybe one dish too many. No room for dessert. :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014We ordered the small and large plate, excellant pairing of food for us, best corn chowder! Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute CuisineGrendelDined on 9/10/2014Although I would not describe the experience at Park Kitchen as anything like a bargain or value, I suppose if you want innovative, carefully crafted and delicious food combinations you have to be prepared to fork out, figuratively speaking. As a special occasion or treat venue, it would be highly recommended. Staff were all very friendly and professional. It was not particularly crowded for us on a Tuesday evening, so the service was prompt and everything was served at exactly the right time and temperature. I suspect it would be more of a challenge for them to deliver that same experience on a crowded Friday or Saturday night, but cannot speak from personal knowledge on that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous foodtzoeDined on 9/6/2014I always wonder why I don't come here more often, EVERY time I dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!PineconesDined on 9/5/2014We had a very a great dinner with some very special friends! We had heard about this place from others in our family and were very pleased with our experience and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A total find!DerbyGirlVIPDined on 9/3/2014I happened upon this spot while traveling and I will definitely be back! I enjoyed an open air seat and could see the bocce ball games across the street at the park. But the real fun was the good - from the amuse bouche (heirloom tomatoes) to the unforgettable chilled corn soup to the delightful buttermilk/peach/bourbon dessert. It was extraordinary. The salted cod fritters were just okay for my taste but they seem to be a local hit on the menu. Friendly and knowledgable service with just the right level of attentiveness. Yay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wisetravelerDined on 9/2/2014Excellent food and interesting space - menu is fit for a foodie.Special Features:
- Great Food; spectacular serviceWestieRulesVIPDined on 8/29/2014As two typically cynical Bostonians, we found Portland's overly forced phony hipster scene just a bit too much to take. Dinner at Park Kitchen showed us Portland's better (much better) side. We had six of the small plate tasting dishes, and let the chef decide the order. Each one was better than the previous. The service was as fine as the food. Fun vibe, too. We dine out a a lot and I travel so we have been to plenty of great restaurants all over the place. Park Kitchen was as great a dining experience as we have had anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone too longfingrlikengdDined on 8/27/2014We haven't been back to Park Kitchen in more than 3 years, and I'm so glad we rediscovered how really nice of a place it is. Great food, great service, and great drinks. What more could you ask for, but there is more, no maddening crowds, just a great neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great food, but expensiveSpokanefoodnutDined on 8/23/2014We have been here several times. We always order the small and large plate selections and wait for the kitchen to surprise us. They always do. Because of the eclectic choices I defer to the server to suggest the wines. Both bottles were great choices that I'll look for for my own table at home. Prices are steep, but the food is unique. A diner with a more restricted budget probably would do well ordering specific dishes off the menu, as opposed to what we did, but you would miss a big part of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pearl in the Pearl!jprOutBoundDined on 8/18/2014Park Kitchen was a great find for two out-of-towners. My daughter and I met in Portland for a quick visit. Our dinner at Park Kitchen was one of the highlights of the trip. Very good, interesting food and bar drinks, excellent service and the panna cotta dessert was exquisite. We were seated outside on a warm evening and able to catch the locals playing bocce ball in the park across the street. Very good. Very fun. Highly recommend Park Kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasting menuOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the tasting menu with wine pairings. Cocktails were great too! Perfect for a special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Might be Portland's best.LaurieBDined on 8/16/2014Choosing to put our dining experience in the expert hands of the staff, my date and I entrusted them with the small and large plate tasting menu ($60 p.p.). We were asked about food allergy issues and other preferences, and our customized foodie adventure commenced. An outstanding and often surprising series of fresh, seasonal, local farm-to-table, best of Oregon dishes were delivered with perfect timing and educated commentary by our server. As our enthusiasm grew, the adventure expanded to include wine pairings we asked her to select for us (also all local wineries), and we had one of the best dinners either one of us has ever enjoyed. Simply wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best tasting menu everintrepidepicureDined on 8/15/2014We are regulars at Park Kitchen over the past decade and have loved to bring friends and clients alike here for a special meal over the years. I think tonight's chef's tasting menu was the best we've ever had here. Complex yet complete flavors, discreet yet attentive service, and an intimate yet lively atmosphere made for another fantastic night that our guests from Barbados said was one of the most memorable meals they've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightblackbuttegirlDined on 8/9/2014We recommend the chef's menu - always interesting and delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent!!JourneysDined on 8/8/2014The tasting menu is a wonderful way to enjoy the creativity of this restaurant! I have always enjoyed dining here and look forward to many more times in the future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small Portions, Pretentious ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014We've been to Park Kitchen 3 times, but our most recent visit was disappointing. The food and ambience were great as usual (though portion sizes small for the price), but our server was extremely pretentious and put a damper on our experience. We weren't super hungry coming in, but he was pretty pushy about trying to get us to order the $50 small plate sampler or the $60 large plate sampler. When we ordered an entree each instead he was clearly disappointed. We planned to order wine and beer as well, but at $12/glass/wine and $7 beers that are $4 at other nice restaurants in town, we decided to skip it. I don't think we'll be back. For the prices, we expect a stellar experience and this wasn't it.Special Features:
- A favorite in SalemRNJoyce12Dined on 8/7/2014We really like coming here for lunch or dinner when visiting Salem. I would consider it high end pub food. Well made and large portions. You get your money's worth!Special Features:
- Just a perfect mealJessica1911Dined on 8/6/2014The meal and the service were just perfect, with creative combinations of ingredients that worked to enhance each ingredient. My friend and I spent a lot of time saying "This is soooo good!" The servers were attentive and friendly but not intrusive. Our table was great--we both had a view of the kitchen. This restaurant is now in my Top Ten, and I will be returning as often as I can.Special Features:
- Very tastyluvlocalfood1231Dined on 8/3/2014It was very good.Food is well prepare and it's all local ingredient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLanDDined on 7/28/2014If you like Spanish flavours and small plates to share you will like this place. Most of ours were good to very good but some were an odd combination of flavours and texture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.