2885 Kalakaua Ave Fl 2
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parkrestaurantwaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8087915161x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Collantes
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With the iconic Diamond Head crater as its backdrop, Park Restaurant sits comfortably off the beaten path of the bright lights of Waikiki. Neighboring Kapiolani Park and nearby landmarks such as the Outrigger Canoe Club and Kaimana Beach, Park is housed within the boutique hotel Lotus Honolulu. The restaurant occupies 3600 square feet of dining space on the hotel’s second floor. Its contemporary design exemplifies modernism through chic furniture, unique lighting and original fine art gracefully dressing the walls. The restaurant has two private dining-rooms. The first room is to the right as you enter the restaurant and can accommodate 10 people. The second and largest can hold up to 25 people.
- Private Party Contact: Gerald Chun 8087915161x
A word from Park
Urban American with an Asian influence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park reviews from OpenTable diners
- The other view - Diamond HeadFrenchbreadVIPDined on 4/25/2014So many people forget about sitting and watching Diamond Head. From this bar, you can see Kapiolani Park and Diamond Head. The food here is fantastic. The waitstaff is what makes it, though. Friendly, professional, and attentive without being cloyish.Special Features:
- Superb CuisineSandy808Dined on 3/25/2014The food was absolutely amazing!! Everything from the freshness, taste, to the beautiful plating of every dish was done superbly. I was surprised that the restaurant wasn't more crowded. The atmosphere was chic & romantic, the service was top notch.", and the prices were a great deal for what you got. My new favorite place to enjoy fine dining! Only caveat was the hotel valet parking...if you stay past 4 hours, they will charge you $20+ sort of a rip off!! Park on the street if you intend to take your time and enjoy the dining experience!!Special Features:
- Oasis along the shoreFrenchbreadVIPDined on 3/24/2014There is no view of the ocean here, but one doesn't really miss it because the interior is so soothing and interesting. Melissa is bartender/server extraordinaire. She was handling the floor and the bar with grace and attentiveness. The fried lemon, shrimp and jack flatbread is amazing - a combo I could never have dreamed up on my own. Ribs are awesome too. Valet parking makes it easy.Special Features:
- Everything about the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2014Everything about the restaurant was great...the food, the atmosphere and the noise level. Of course, there weren't very many people dining so it felt like we had the restaurant all to ourselves.Special Features:
- Wow!HomeHawaiiVIPDined on 3/8/2014This was a very pleasant surprise! Having dined at this location under previous ownership our expectations were relatively low. But to our very pleasant surprise this new restaurant is far superior to it's predecessors. The dishes were exquisitely prepared and service impeccable. Saying that the food was spectacular would be an understatement. The salads and entrees were all a 'Wow'! And with all this stated about the food the biggest surprise was an affordable price. Our greatest concern is that this venue will be discovered by a sufficient number of patrons in order to assure its long term viability.Special Features:
- Gem at the Far End of Waikiki BeachBradDined on 3/7/2014Found this place by accident and if was quite good. Obviously a local place...no tourists to be found. Our server even asked how we found it. Highly recommend if you want to get away from the tourist traps in the heart of Waikiki Beach
- I had the veal shank and itDougVIPDined on 2/17/2014I had the veal shank and it was quite good. My wife had the Ahi and she also thought it was very good. There are a few tables that overlook the park and those are quite nice. They have 25 wines at $25 each. Very good value.Special Features:
- Food was good, service was slow.debDVIPDined on 2/15/2014Second time here, the meal was good but this time the service was a little slow.Special Features:
- DisappointedConciergeDined on 2/14/2014The valentine four course meal was good up until the third course. The wait for the third course was over 30 minutes. The manager stated that the kitchen was busy. Our reservation was for 6pm to avoid a busy kitchen. Her excuse was not handled in a professional manner. It ruined a special evening, especially since it was our first time at this new restaurant. I don't think I would recommend it to friends and clients.
- Valentine's DayMarieDined on 2/14/2014Food was really good (set menu for V-Day), the staff couldn't have been nicer and the musician, Alex, was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!FrenchbreadVIPDined on 2/13/2014This little gem offers an out-of-the ordinary and extraordinary pupu list. They have a great, well-stocked bar and bartender is seasoned and genuinely gracious.Special Features:
- Wow!EstherVIPDined on 2/11/2014I was pleasantly surprised by the experience at Park- our server (Al) was so charming and nice. The ingredients were amazingly fresh and each meal had wonderful flavours. This is definitely a gem in the diamond head area, worth the 10 min walk away from Waikiki strip. Thanks Al!Special Features:
- Nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/29/2014We have dined at a few restaurants at this location, and we're hoping Park would be good. It was surprisingly good, my wife And I both agreed that our dinners were some if the best we have had in Honolulu. We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findhikateskiDined on 1/10/2014Seated promptly. Food was delicious. Service was prompt and attentive but missed some simple details- nothing major. Wine list was notable for 25 wine bottles priced at $25 each- cannot beat that in town.Special Features:
- Salty Pupu and Terrible Service808DancerDined on 1/4/2014We've been to the Park before and always had great service and decent food. We commented that the three pupus we had were very salty - not like before. The server said that it was the special spices and it is just the way it is made. She did not apologize, make any adjustments or talk to the cook.. We ended up leaving most of one pupu. The food was also not as good as before. The service was slow and the coffee served was cold. We took three friends who never been to the Park before. After the experience with bad service it is unlikely they will be back.Special Features:
- Eh...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014Overall not a terrible experience. Waiter was great, place pretty cool. $25 bottles of wine good deal. Was very excited to go try this place after yelp reviews, but must have new chef, food was barely ok. Not terrible, but for the price way too many other places so much better. Pretty disappointed that nothing on the menu online was really there. Prob wont go back.
- Enjoyable and affordable mealdebDVIPDined on 1/3/2014Had a very enjoyable meal, ahi poke appetizer was very good and different. Nice wine list of 25 bottles for $25, one red. white and sparkling selection available by the glass for $7. I had the grilled mahi mahi with asperagus, 2 nice piece of fish. My friend had the lam shanks. there's live music which starts about 8pm.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve dinnerJBombDined on 12/31/2013This was our first time dining at the Park. The food was delicious. We started off with Flatbread pizza and Calamari. I ordered the Calamari/Mushroom wrapped in bacon for my 1st course and Scallops for my 2nd couse..I would have ordered the Surr/Turf, however it was sold out. The wine selection was good. We enjoyed the live band. And the party hats were a great touch. The only bad thing was that we were served by the hostess the whole night. Because she was busy doing other tasks we had limited service from her. Not her fault, just poor planning on having enough waiters for the night. We will return fo check out the happy hour and Ono food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were able to reserve thegem1Dined on 12/19/2013We were able to reserve the small room for a group of 9 and had a fabulous experience. We could talk and play games and enjoy the great food.Special Features:
- Definitely worth it!Steak45VIPDined on 12/14/2013The Park restaurant is definitely worth it. I had the grilled ahi, it was perfect. The potato gratin was also really tasty, but a little under-cooked because it was little hard, this was the only negative. Anyhow we just had a great time. There was 6 of us and our bill stayed under $400 with 3 bottle of wine. Overall we had a great experience, the wait staff was just superb. The Park restaurant for as big of the space they have, actually is a quite small and elegant with limited amount of tables. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Food and Friendly ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/9/2013Park Restaurant food was outstanding. Also they were willing to modify to accommodate my dietary restrctions. Service was extremely friendly. Lovely romantic atmosphere. Would return next time I'm in Honolulu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Good Service808DancerDined on 11/29/2013Took my son and his wife to the Park for their birthdays. Good food and great service. It wasn't very busy on the day after Thanksgiving. I hope it's busier on other days because we would like to see this restaurant survive. We will definitely go again.Special Features:
- PDRBossLady4258VIPDined on 11/21/2013Once a month, our boss takes his HOTT employees (aka angels) to dine in restaurants who has PDR. We bring in our appetite for great food and quench for great drinks! Our PDR is incomplete if we don't bring in our very own DJ to entertain us. We order whatever we like off the menu as money is no object who spends thousands of dollars! Park was the BEST PDR by far!! Not only was the food & drinks were great but the ambiance was just our style, service was empeccable (thanks Cody, Dante, Pam & Gary. The waitress & the busser as well but didn't get their name) and last but not the least, we had a very special performance by Jesse & GJ who was the topper of our evening! Want to thank Jennifer Armstrong for the invitation to check out The Park!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Band and Ambiancemashugirl6Dined on 10/31/2013Had a wonderful time at Park! Love that I could make reservations online and accommodated special seating request. We went specifically to see the band Smooth Remedy (which of whom are awesome) and were very happy with the venue overall. Ambiance is nice, service is great, and the food is good. Smooth Remedy plans on Thursdays from 8-11 so I would like to see more small plates on the menu, as this, for me, would be more of a gathering place with friends for drinks and pupus, rather than a sit-down dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehShayDined on 10/26/2013I was expecting a much more and only got so little. It's a place where you play $$ for dinner, but no table cloths, and the taste is meh. I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.
- Beautiful place to sit, great foodShirleyTDined on 10/25/2013We were very impressed with the beauty of the bar and dining room. It's an aesthetically pleasing space, with a beautiful bar, modern lines, interesting shapes. We ordered many small plates to share: the lamb meatballs and the chicken liver pate were outstanding. My husband and I split a rib eye steak, which was gorgeously presented topped with grilled sweet peppers and grilled fennel, and cooked to a perfect medium rare. We had a party of 7 and they easily accommodated our big party and lots of splitting of dishes. We loved trying two different red wines from the 25 wines under $25 list. The band started just as we were finishing dinner, and they sounded great, but it definitely got louder then. Overall, Park is a good find. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Flawless in HonoluluCallmlVIPDined on 10/3/2013Twenty-five (good) wines for $25 can't be beat. Add in an innovative menu, presented in an elegant setting, and you have a great place for dinner. The entertainment (guitar and a singer) was mellow and unobtrusive, a pleasant change from most places these days (it helps that there aren't a lot of hard surfaces). Park is about a half-hour, slow walk from Waikiki, along the beach -- a very pleasant after-dinner stroll when you're heading home. A wonderful place. We had dinner there on Thursday and we're going back tonight (Saturday).Special Features:
- Excellent cuisine and serviceHGWTVIPDined on 9/28/2013Went for dinner on a Saturday night and had a very nice meal and overall experience. Our server was attentive and recommended a fried cauliflower side dish that was excellent. The flavors are Mediterranean including North Africa. The grilled octopus appetizer is tender and delicious. The ahi special was extremely fresh and tender seared on the outside and raw on the inside. The boneless short ribs were prepared sous vide and very tender. With 25 wines priced at $25/ bottle we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.