335 East Main Street
Tupelo, MS 38804Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.eatwithus.com/parkheights/index.php
- Phone: 662-842-5665
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Greg Huerkamp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Enjoy our personal service and an outstanding culinary experience during your next catered event. Whether you are planning a formal dinner party, casual get together, rehearsal dinner, corporate dinner or luncheon, wedding reception, or special brunch, Park Heights will handle the details to ensure your next engagement is distinctive and memorable. Please see our web-site for catering details.
- Private Party Facilities: Park Heights offers two private dining rooms that can accommodate up to 100 people. The rooftop is also available for both seated dinners and receptions. Reserve the entire restaurant, rooftop and patio for the perfect wedding reception location. Our services include personalized event planning, customized menus, AV equipment, and much more.
- Private Party Contact: Blair Hughes 662-842-5665
A word from Park Heights
Located in the Fairpark District, Park Heights offers Chef Greg Huerkamp's menu of modern American cuisine including grilled oysters, she crab soup, foie gras, butter poached Alaskin halibut, lobster pot pie and prime cuts of beef. The main dining room, with its reclaimed hardwood floors and retro lighting, provides an atmosphere that is sophisticated without feeling formal. Often sited as the best in town, the service is professional and gracious, and the wine list is extensive. If you enjoy dining al fresco, try the rooftop or patio which have amazing views of downtown.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- all around good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014All aroung good food took our waiter about 15 minutes to get to us (they were not that busy) they where out of the wine we wanted but had a great wine list for a substitute my fiancee steak mekted in my mouth when she gave me a bite my ribeye didnt quite have the flavor but overall really nice place I would go back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014My wife and I were visiting friends in Tupelo and were looking for a nice dinner while out of town. This place was wonderful. The portion sizes where not overwhelming and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JaybirdDined on 8/15/2014great food and friendly staff.Made you feel appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining Inside, and on the RoofWellSeasonedDined on 5/10/2014Southern colonial effects meet modern flair to create a beautiful interior at Park Heights restaurant. White linens, and attentive service, are complimented by a relaxing atmosphere that allows for quiet conversation. The menu is creative and varied enough to please all tastes, with eye-pleasing plate presentations. And the food will definitely satisfy, with culinary skills meeting Southern tastes. Don't miss the Park Height's version of Fried Green Tomatoes, a memory-making starter. And, if you're attending anything at the BanCorpSouth Arena, Tupelo's Park Heights Restaurant is a perfect location to start the evening. Plenty of parking, between the arena and the restaurant, makes for an easy "park once," dine, then walk to the Arena.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 55 reviews are from the Park Heights reviews archive.
- Wonderful supperGreatFoodDined on 4/25/2014The food was amazing and our server was perfect! He took time with us and made sure our food was just what we wanted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatChriseatsDined on 4/19/2014Everything was really really good! They taste and texture and accuracy of the food was excellent! Service and servers were great! But I had to find something to mention, I would have preferred the food to be brought out as I was finishing, I think the server thought we were going to be able to finish all of each item, so they continued to wait before bringing the next servings. Really enjoyed it, this wasn't are first time to visit, and won't be out last, thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent fine dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014The atmosphere was quiet and relaxed and the food was great.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2013My husband and I finally got a night away from the kids and went to Park Heights. We'd only eaten here once before. The atmosphere and food were excellent! Our server was really friendly, but he wasn't as great as the server we had had the first time. The first time we were asked if it was a special occassion or anything & were brought bread immediately. This time the server didn't speak much, and we had to ask for bread. I also had to ask for refills. I still would have given him 5 stars though, but he wrote the tip in on the check himself and totateled the amount! I have never seen that before, and we didn't say anything but there were only 2 of us and he gave himself a 20 percent tip! It will be a while before we go back because of that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experience!ParkerPeopleDined on 6/12/2013We went for a celebration lunch for our daughter - even though this is not what I would normally consider a 'family restaurant' , the staff went out of their way to make our five - year - old feel very special. We will take her back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of Town Surprise.Outoftowners4Dined on 5/25/2013Pretty and current decor and atmosphere. Great server and General manager attentive. Loved She crab soup and crab cake appetizers. The special was Grouper-excellent. Only problem steaks cooked either over or under done. Dessert tray given. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Bad Elevatorcrestdweller79Dined on 5/25/2013The rooftop ambience, view, food & service were all excellent until the elevator quit working. Entrees were delayed in arriving & were not hot when served. After a visit to the ladies' room, Mother was unable to climb back up the steep stairs. There was never an apology for the broken elevator or an offer to reseat us downstairs. There was no offer to comp Mother's entree. Then my ordered 2nd glass of wine never appeared. We wanted dessert but were afraid it would be an hour or more arriving, and so explained to the waiter. The she crab soup was to die for, lobster appetizer & charcuterie plate superb. The crab cake entrees were good, but cold when served. My Chardonnay was perfect. Dessert sounded good. We will try them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groups or just for twoArchonDined on 5/10/2013Have been several times, food was always good and service exceptional. Especially try the fried green tomatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow service this time. Not usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/27/2013On this occasion, our service was slow. We also had to have our server located for drink refills, etc. It was disappointing since a previous visit was much different.Special Features:
- We love the owners and theirOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013We love the owners and their family. They are great people and eat at several of their restaurants but we did not have a good experience. The she-crab soup was too salty. The initial drink order took 15-20 minutes, we were never offered bread, and the service was pretty lousy. We sent the mega-bowl of soup back and the chef sent back a cup of a different soup which was apparently a passive-agressive move on his part. The server noticed it and said he would change the charge to a "cup" but didn't. I never create waves-I just don't go back. The ambiance is great there and the entrees were actually very good. Just being honest.
- Great food, atmosphere, and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012We really enjoy dining and hanging out at Park Heights Rooftop. It was the place to be for the Elvis Presley Festival this year.Special Features:
- Just a bit noisy so next timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/15/2012Just a bit noisy so next time we go, it will be late and let the crowd clear out. It was packed when we were there.Special Features:
- I really enjoyed the ParkMSisMyHomeDined on 5/12/2012I really enjoyed the Park Heights experience. I had a perfect New York strip with French green beans and blue cheese grits, then topped off the night with the creme brulee for dessert. If you're looking for a reasonably priced white table cloth dinner in the Tupelo area, Park Heights should be at the top of the list.Special Features:
- They left out the Pernod inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2012They left out the Pernod in the Oysters Rockefeller! The Scallops were excellent!Special Features:
- We have enjoyed this restuarantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2012We have enjoyed this restuarant on numerous occasions. This time was for business.Special Features:
- Service an issueOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2012Pretty room, food does not match the ambience, slow service, young wait staff, not trained very well. Presentation of food was nice, did not match in taste.
- Very good food and efficientOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2012Very good food and efficient service, which became a little too chatty toward the end. Liked the table by the window. Overall, a decent experience, but not a very good value for the price. We were not surprised by the prices, but felt a little more should be delivered for those prices. In this town, however, probably one of the top one or two choices available.
- Amazingly good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/23/2012Took my fiance for her birthday, and from the moment we walked in the door, we were treated fantastically. GREAT food and service! Even received a free platter of 3 delicious desserts. Thank you for a great evening!Special Features:
- Food and service, overall,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012Food and service, overall, was very good. Only negative was a very heavy and packy Bread Pudding dessert. Will simply choose a different dessert the next time.Special Features:
- Park Heights is one of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012Park Heights is one of our favorite restaurants because of the unique and delicious food, the personal service and the outstanding atmosphere.Special Features:
- Greet at the door with a smileOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Greet at the door with a smile and gracious service, that followed through during the entire dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Great food and great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011Great food and great restaurant for special occasionSpecial Features:
- Patience is a VirtueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2011This was our second visit to Park Heights, and like the first, it was a pleasure to dine at this restaurant. The food is consistently exquisite, flavorful, and well presented. The portion sizes are more than adequate given the price, selections, and quality. However, on this occasion, our service was rather slow and refills of our drinks were rarely offered. We noticed a few other tables seated after us that ordered similar fare from different servers, and received their appetizers, salads, and meals before us. So, the experience was good, and we hope our next visit will be better.Special Features:
- Wonderful anniversary experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2011What a great find. Great atmosphere and service. We were offered a complimentary dessert for our Anniversay celebration. They even wrote "Happy 24th Anniversary" on the plate with chocolate syrup! It was marvelous and wonderfully thoughtful. The music was awesome: live tracks from the past played softly in the background. Will be going there again.Special Features:
- Having dined at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2011Having dined at this restaurant a few times, it is easy to understand why it is one of the best places to eat in Tupelo. The food selections provide a variety of flavors not commonly considered yet prepared to their best. At times, the service has been a bit off, but the quality of the dinners help overcome this.Special Features:
- Now open for lunch! The LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/7/2011Now open for lunch! The Lunch menu is a treat and continues the tradition of excellent food presented in wonderful upscale surroundings at reasonable prices. Great move Park Heights.Special Features:
- The service was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2011The service was awesome. We were seated promptly and the staff provided a very nice surprise for my husband's birthday. I would definitely visit Park Heights again.Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2011Great food, service and ambiance. Best restaurant in Tupelo. This is my favorite place to dine with professionals. Make sure you have the wedge salad and the Maryland crab cakes! DivineSpecial Features:
- We just love the food andbdpmVIPDined on 8/30/2011We just love the food and it's presentation. A nice southern flair in a contemporary setting. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:
- The food was such a disappointment.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2011The food was such a disappointment. I had the Mahi Mahi and it was over cooked with no flavor. My partner's dinner was so salty that she was unable to eat her dinner and my father had the special of the night which was a swordfish and it too had no flavor. For the money that we paid it was not worth it. This town does not have much to offer when it comes to variety of different restaurants and I was hoping Park Heights might change some of that but it has failed to impress. This town needs something besides steak houses and buffets. Ambiance was great. I do believe in giving a restaurant a second chance so I will try the place again and hopefully it was just a bad night for the kitchen
- A Superb EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2011It was our thirteenth anniversary, thus we wanted a special evening, which Park Heights was not only our choice, but our "first time" there. And we (my husband and I) can't express it enough with how well we enjoyed it. The food and services were excellent. We were especially impressed with the selection to the "well-lit" opentable regarding our request made due to wife's nightblindness. We will definitely visit Park Heights again -- and we'll not wait until the next anniversary! :)Special Features:
- Maryland style crabcakes,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2011Maryland style crabcakes, pork chop,filet mignon were excellent. Service was wonderful. An enjoyable evening celebrating a family birthday.Special Features:
- we dine there regularly andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011we dine there regularly and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/12/2011Excellent food and service as always. Our favorite place in Tupelo.Special Features:
- I had family visiting Tupelo,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2011I had family visiting Tupelo, so we went to Park Heights to show them probably the best restaurant in town. The atmosphere was great,and quiet. The service was first rate. My mother asked for a baked potato with her steak (a special request), which the server said they could do. When her steak was served the potato was hard and not done. When the potato was replaced and her plate returned she found the steak to be inedible. Two of my Uncles who were visiting from out of town also had steaks which were not good. We were seven(7) for dinner. Fortunately four (4) of us had meals which were very good. When informed of the poor meals the manager took one of the steaks off the bill and provided three small desserts for the party to sha
- Perfection!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2011We don't eat out much because we are often disappointed. This was our second time here and it was perfection! I had amberjack and my husband had tuna. We also had cocktails, appetizer, salads and dessert! All of it was AMAZING!Special Features: