Park East - Hazlet
3352 Highway 35 South
Hazlet, NJ 07730Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Park East - Hazlet
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.park-east.com/
- Phone: 7327392002x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Park East offers modern style Banquet/Private dining facility on our second floor. Recently updated in 2010, with two main bars an exquisite dance floor, and a state of the art sound system, this upper level can transform from a elegant catering area to NJ's hottest late night Lounge.
- Private Party Contact: Christopher Sanborn 7327392002x
- Entertainment: We provide entertainment 7 days week.
A word from Park East - Hazlet
Park East is the ultimate expression of what a high-end casual restaurant should be. The owners represent a convergence of different styles and experiences ranging from fine dining to elite night life environments. The Park East concept can best be described as trans-generational: an expression of the evolution of cuisines, vibe dining, service and ambiance, not to mention the highest ranked sushi in the area. Park East creates the highest quality dining environment in what is one of the greatest indoor spaces in New Jersey. "Park East is not a restaurant, it"s an experience..."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park East - Hazlet reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (11)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Casual sushiGLNCDined on 8/8/2014First time here. Food and service was good. This is not a "fancy restaurant" as they advertise. Very casual and lots of young people at bar. Definitely not a romantic place. :-)Special Features:
- Delicious SushipickyeaterDined on 8/1/2014My mom and I went here for sushi and had a great experience. They have a reasonably large sushi menu, with options for even the pickiest sushi eater (me!). I had the Three Musketeers Roll and my mom had the Asian Tiger Roll. Both were absolutely delicious (I tried some of my mom's too), and in-line with sushi prices in the area. Would definitely come back for sushi here, as well as drinks. Bar area is quite loud but if you like the energy it is a fun time. Also, I highly recommend their punk rock shrimp appetizer - yummy!Special Features:
- Eat drink and be merry right here!HousebytheOceanDined on 6/15/2014This place is fantastic. Their drinks are potent so watch out! We've been there for special occasions and dinner. Their room is actually really nice, cozy, well set up, TVs everywhere so you can show those baby picture videos at weddings. Decent dance floor and DJ set up. The food! So, so good! Their combinations might sound a little avant garde to some but the truth is, they work lovely together. The sushi is out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014The food was great. The bar was fun and lively. Just a little bit expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Park East - Hazlet reviews archive.
- Eh..brunchloverDined on 4/20/2014Arriving early for our 3 pm reservation we were the first of 5 large parties to check in. The vestibule was full of waiting patrons that diners had to walk through with food in their hand to return to their tables upstairs. They seated every party that came in after us. When I inquired what the hold up was at about 3:20, they said we would be seated in a minute. We don't understand why we had to wait when we got upstairs a good portion of the tables were empty and ours was half set. We had to ask several times for setups. At 3:20 we headed down to the buffet. There was a carving station that had ham and prime rib on it. The ham was gone and not replaced along with other food items and the Sushi was not cold. All in all a disappointment.
- Awful service expensive brunchDonnaDined on 4/20/2014Been here many times for brunch at it is normally great. This year service was awful and food was just ok. Everything this time was extra, not one beverage was included with a costly brunch. Asked 5 times for coffee refills and still no one came back. Food was surely not worth it this trip and it cost us more for less. Had to ask over and over for dishes to be cleared and more water. Not going back.Special Features:
- Fun NightbizzyVIPDined on 4/12/2014This was out first time, and it was Restaurant Week. The dinner was great, and we would go back ONLY during Restaurant Week. The regular menu is very expensive. For example, some of the entrees were around $30 , where we had appetizer, main dish, and dessert for same amount. The food was delicious, and service was excellent. However, food was too expensive for such a casual restaurant on a normal night. It's a bar, not a "fancy restaurant" .They advertise as a business casual dress, yet it is very casual when you get in there. There is outdoor dining, there's a bar with young people dancing, and a very casual feel to it.Special Features:
- Don't Waste Your MoneyboopieladyDined on 4/11/2014You walk past an extremely loud bar, just to get into the restaurant. Second, we walk past ANOTHER bar smack dab in the middle of the dining room; what's up with that? And loud - SO LOUD, we couldn't hear ourselves talk. Well, to be honest, this is a BAR. No hiding it. A BAR, where they TRY to give you creative food. OK so the chef is imaginative. And I guess if you are at a table with the guys, this place would be a home run. HUGE TVs EVERYWHERE you look. No dinner music. JUST LOUD NOISE from the BAR! How can this possibly be a family eatery or a date night? Yes, this was a memorable meal, but not because of the food or service. We could not WAIT to leave (as we both had migraines from all of the noise!)Special Features:
- A+AndreaCatDined on 3/22/2014Never a bad meal! Excellent service and all around great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chilean Seabass with riceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/15/2014Chilean Seabass with rice cake was to die for! Will be back again just to order this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi I ever had. MuchOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 3/14/2014Best sushi I ever had. Much pricey then other sushi places in the area but definitely worth the price. Will be going back with friends soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but LOUDFABRICSKIRTDined on 3/8/2014My family of five enjoyed our meal here very much on Saturday night. However, the dining room is extremely loud and I would not go back until they make some changes to the acoustics. What a shame for such a nice restaurant with a great menu.Special Features:
- Never FailsbrishanDined on 2/22/2014I'm a Park East junkie. I was leaving the house and the six teens watching TV asked where I was going. I said, "Park East". I was immediately asked, "Can we come?" This place has never let me down. I always order the Tuna Pizza and sushi. If you haven't been here yet, go, you will love it.Special Features:
- Good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014It is beautiful! And the sushi boat was so fresh and deliciousSpecial Features:
- Park East Sunday VisitBrucatoDined on 1/26/2014We visited Park East Sunday evening around 5:30, good bar crowd - we sat in the dining room. I have been to Park East a number of times in the past, and it is a great place to watch the game, have some drinks and appetizers. They also have excellent sushi. The one knock I have is,they seem to be changing the menu often, and there is no continuity to it.Special Features:
- I don't know why I go back...Lms0403Dined on 12/31/2013This last time at the Park East has done it for me and my family. We will not go back there AGAIN! I have had issues with poor service and terrible management, but the food was always good until the last time. The food was sub-par, the salmon was super dry and my lava cake was fully cooked with no lava center. The heat was not working right and everyone at my party and all the seats around us has to wear our winter jackets to eat. The server was sweet, but the management could care less that everyone was so cold, my children's fingers were frozen. We made reservations2 weeks in advance, showed up on time and they didn't have a place ready for us, they made us stand in front of the dining area for 5 minutes while the manager looked annoyed
- not nearly as good as last timefoodie123Dined on 12/24/2013Decided to go out for Christmas Eve dinner at 5:30pm. Seems like the menu was very different from the last time we dined. Filet was good and perfectly cooked to order, sea bass was very oily, chicken was dry and rice tasteless. Gave me the wrong bar drink, when I mentioned it I was told initially it was correct, I had to show the waiter the menu. Might have been an off night due to the holiday. Don't plan on going back.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving BuffetLocalDivaDined on 11/28/2013We dined at Park East for Thankshiving Dinner. Our party of 5 included 1 senior and there was something on the buffet to suit everyone. The food quality was above your typical buffet, served hot and nicely presented. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us and created a festive holiday atmosphere for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT LUNCH DEALSnjswedeVIPDined on 11/22/2013Park East has a great selection of lunch specials at GREAT Prices!Special Features:
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2013Punk rock shrimp app was really good. The sushi was fresh. Only issue was the music was way too loud for a restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - Going downhill fastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2013We have been going to the Park since it opened but the past few dining experiences were horrific. The new menu is rather limited and quality is inconsistent. The service was horrible. There were only 2 tables dining and more servers than clients, yet our server disappeared for 20 minutes at a time. The "football" crowd over ran the dining room and that clearly drove dining customers away, especially if you had children. I did see a manager hiding in the hall but he never made his way to the dining room for comments. It's a shame that the owners have let this place slip because it used to be a great place to dine.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013The service is very poor. We did make a reservation and seated at our set time. However, we waited 20 minutes for a server to come over to our table after. Then another 30 minutes for appitizers with no site of our waitor. My boyfriend decided to go to the bar himself for another drink because he knew it would faster. As he was paying for his drink a manager approached him to say can you please move. I have two people that want to sit and pay for drinks. How rude?! If you want to wait a long time with poor service to have amazing food then this is the place for you.Special Features:
- First time with great service.Lms0403Dined on 10/19/2013Weave been to Park East multiple time and usually the only pleasent thing is the food. This time we had the best waitress. She was kind and funny! She was quick and seemed to care. The only bad part was my dessert was over cooked so she got me a new one and that one wasn't good either. The chefs need to watch the timing. Overall it was the first time I have been there where I will go back just because or waitress was amazing!! They need her train everyone else because normal I am very mad because of the service and wait time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDSossaDined on 8/31/2013Took my wife out to dinner and, as always, our dinner was great. We brought some friends with us (a few old customers and a few new) and they were very impressed with the service, the food and the bar scene afterwards. Our waiter, Ted, was awesomely friendly. Can't wait to go back there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterbuckyDined on 8/17/2013Our server chris was a gem .he was very pleasent &on top of everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!!DrewDined on 8/10/2013The sushi was amazing, the chillian sea bass and filet minion were amazing and the dessert menu was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot, interesting menumacdeaDined on 8/10/2013We sat in the restaurant and had a nice dinner. The decor was spectacular, although there are TVs all around showing the night's sporting events. The food was good, but different than we expected. The best way to describe it is that it was Americanized to the point of hard to describe. The special sushi rolls were good, but a combination of things that you wouldn't expect (e.g. Crab, mayo and deep fried). Overall, we enjoyed it, but that may have been more because we left the kids at home than the food.Special Features:
- Great Food ... Good ServiceCNJ2dineDined on 8/10/2013We were pleasantly surprised by the quality and innovation of the menu selections. Also, we found the creative drinks (martinis, etc.) to be lots of fun. We had tickets for a concert and were pressed for time. Our friendly and wait staff ensured that could make our show without being rushed.Special Features:
- Hot spot with ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2013The punk rock shrimp and calamari was AMAZING...everything else was...EH. The boneless asian wings were actually overcooked chicken tenders. The waiter was great, the vibe was energetic (bordering on noisy). We will actually try again and make some selections from the sushi side of the menu where we've found some gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Total Miss!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013Unfortunately our experience was a total miss! After seeing a packed parking lot there for quite some time, decided to take my family for our Fathers Day celebration. Upon arrival seated at a table in middle of room. Requested to be moved to an empty booth but was told it was "reserved". Got elbowed a few times by the gentleman next to me. Was advised there was a special menu only and after reviewing was not impressed. Long story short the place was so very loud we could not hear each other and as a result paid for our drinks and left. Very unimpressed! They felt it necessary to contact me to ensure my reservation was firm. At that time they should have advised there was a limited menu only available!
- Good Meal-above avg pricingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2013Overall the meal was prety good. Thought the prices were a little high for the area but quality and size could justify it. Had the hot antipasto appitizer which was delicious. Place was pretty empty when i got there so service was fine at first but slowed downed after we ordered. would return at the bar scene looked decent.Special Features:
- DisappointedBETTYDined on 5/13/2013We were disappointed in our food at Park East. Three out of five of us ordered the Chicken Parmesan sandwich. When it was served to us, it was cold and not enjoyable. The waittress offered to take it back and warm it,but if it was warmed in the microwave the bread would have been soggy and the chicken rubbery, so we declined her offer. She tried. We were not impressed with the selection on the $6.00 menu either.
- Mother's Day Brunch10PinRapDined on 5/12/2013Our family of 12 sat upstairs for a Mother's Day Brunch. Our seating time was for 1:30 and our table was promptly ready. Despite it being a busy day, we didn't feel rushed to get out and while it was a buffet, the service was good. The food choices were well varied as you would expect at a brunch and the food was quite good. The dinner included unlimited Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's and other drinks were available for an additional charge. I would return here next year for the same brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2013"I love the relaxed feel of this place - like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The sushi was great, as well as the rice balls and of course the chocolate cake. Service was excellent and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good food but very loud!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2013The energy in the restaurant was great but the service could have been a little better. With all the loud noise in the restaurant te server could not hear anything therefore we never got the appetizer we ordered or a salad with on of the meals. I would go back and give it a try!Special Features:
- Park East has something fornjswedeVIPDined on 4/13/2013Park East has something for everyone and has great lunch time and drink specials.Special Features:
- We had a few problems butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013We had a few problems but they were all fixed quickly from server.Special Features:
- It's a wonderful night out,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013It's a wonderful night out, good music and a great selection of food from sushi to steak.Special Features:
- Glad we had Gift CardsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013My first thought was, "Robert Irvine would have a field day in here." The decor was overwhelming. Tree branches on pillars which had icicle Christmas lights on them. Big screen TVs on all the walls back-lit in more Christmas lights; and a sushi bar with (you guessed it), more Christmas lights! The food was hit-or-miss. No bread basket offered. Sushi was decent. My French onion soup had BURNT cheese on top. Dinners were good, but overpriced. Dessert was presented without mention of the specials desserts listed in main menu or the ones listed in the sushi menu?
- Great for Dinner and LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/25/2013I am always pleased with the food at Park East. We went to dinner there Monday night and I had the duck and my friend had the stuffed pork chops. Everything was delicious. At first glance the place seems to be a sports bar with all the television screens placed around the room. However, the food is excellent and although you can order bar food if that is your liking, they also have a full dinner menu with an eclectic selection of dishes that also includes a full sushi menu. I highly recommend this restaurant for both dinner and lunch.Special Features: