1000 Great Hwy.
San Francisco, CA 94121Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parkchalet.com/
- Phone: 4153868439
- Hours of Operation:
Open at 11:00 am Monday - Friday and 10:00 am on Saturday and Sunday. Closing at 9:00 pm Sunday - Thursday, 11:00 pm Friday and Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Brewery, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chris Fissel
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Enjoy live, local bands every Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday! There’s always a fun crowd for Taco Tuesday: $2.50 beers & tacos, 2 for 1 Margaritas & live music. Saturday & Sunday afternoons are the best time to relax: hang out on the lawn with your kids or dog, hear more live music & congratulate yourself with one --or three-- of our house-brewed ales. Every Friday night at 9pm they show movies on our 110" screen and offer happy hour prices (no cover, 18+ only).
- Special Events: Contact our events department at 415-753-5260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve the Park Chalet for your next event! The Park Chalet is a unique venue for wedding receptions, birthday parties, office gatherings and more. We are happy to customize and event just for you. Find more information here: http://parkchalet.com/privatedining
A word from Park Chalet
Housed within The Beach Chalet Brewery & Restaurant, The Park Chalet is a garden restaurant offering open air dining, an inviting stone fireplace, fully retractable glass doors, a glass ceiling and an unmatched indoor/outdoor atmosphere. Every Sunday from 10am-3pm the Park Chalet serves their Recovery Brunch Buffet featuring a Carving Station, Eggs Benedict and Bloody Marys. Every weekend from Spring to Fall on the Lawn starting at 10am there will be an outdoor BBQ serving up Burgers and Sandwiches! Go to http://www.parkchalet.com/menus/ for more details! Other specials include: $2 Pints on Mondays, Taco Tuesdays, movie night Fridays and Happy Hour 3pm to 6pm Wednesday to Friday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Chalet reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)Show More
- Has gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014This is still a great spot by the ocean for indoor/outdoor snacking or grabbing a drink and listening to good music. The food has really gone downhill though. The pizza was OK, but the batter for the fish and chips tasted like everything under the sun had been cooked in it. I got the chicken with some sort of mixed greens. While the chicken had a good flavor it was way overcooked. The "greens" were inedible. I think it was broccolini but it was ice cold and looked like it had been boiled for days. Completely inedible. Our waitress was very nice and you could tell when she asked if everything was OK was nervous as to what our answer would be. We said it was fine - not her fault. Wouldn't go again unless I was just getting a drink.Special Features:
- food has gone downhilldisappointedVIPDined on 8/23/2014After quizzing the waiter on the mushroom pizza and being told it was positively covered in 'shrooms we were sadly disappointed in the scanty fungi but the rampant, rough rapini. The beet salad was nearly inedible and entirely flavorless. Sad.
- Okaysnowbunny388Dined on 8/3/2014Staff were great, food was okay, loads of kids and babies. Will be back for a beer stop.Special Features:
- Historic spot for lunchNativegalVIPDined on 7/30/2014I do prefer the upstairs restaurant, the Beach Chalet. The main reason to go here is to see the gem of SF art/history in the first floor visitors area. My burger was fine, not memorable, but daughter enjoyed her fish and chips which is one of their better dishes. You will have a tough time getting in on a fine day. Great for tourists. Fab beer, they have an on site brewery.Special Features:
- A very unpleasant experienceRichEatzOutDined on 7/26/2014We made a reservation for a 2:30 lunch on 7/26, we were running 15 mins late and when we arrived, were told that we couldn't be seated because they closing at 3pm due to a private function. We have been relying on your service for a while now, this is the first time this has happened so I'll give OpenTable the benefit of the doubt, just hope it doesn't happen again!!!Special Features:
- beers in the park :)OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014You can't beat this place on those rare sunny days in the Outer Sunset. Their beers are good, and it's like a step up from having a picnic in the park. The food is decent, but the service is pretty slow and they seemed a bit frazzled.Special Features:
- Jasmine62884Dined on 7/3/2014Great restaurant but we did find hair in our pasta but the hostess remembered we were celebrating our birthdays and we did receive dessert on the house as an apology.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definition of a Dining FailShaneDavidDined on 6/15/2014A San Francisco treasure in a epic decline. The place is kept at meat locker temperatures, pasta and other menu items on the floor, smells like uncleaned restaurant floor mats, the wait staff is blank and the food is ho-hum. Your fellow diners have the look on their faces, of passengers on a plane that is going down.
- It was terribleGamsNEggsVIPDined on 5/29/2014I used to love this place, however, this time the food was so bad, we were shocked. Don't get the pizza. Don't even go here. I'm not going to go here ever again. That's how bad it was.
- DisappointedStuHDined on 5/24/2014From arrival to departure very poor. First they said I had no reservation, I had to pull up my confirmation email to prove it. Then the food, never tasted a bland pulled pork before and my friends had the cheeseburger and the chicken sandwich neither was thrilled. I will not be back and would not recommend to anyone.
- The following 362 reviews are from the Park Chalet reviews archive.
- Dog FriendlylovemydogsDined on 5/16/2014I really only come here to bring my dogs. The food is so so. I got the crab sandwich and it was ok but the chips were overcooked. Not a great presentation either. I do like the location and when the weather is good (which of course is rare) it is great. I was lucky it was a perfect day!Special Features:
- Perfect Mother's Day Brunch!!!LovebirdsDined on 5/10/2014Will definitely be going back with my husband and friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy....OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/9/2014Friends & I dislike Beach Chalet a lot - except for their view. Menu is very unhealthy & is hard to be seated as always packed. Park Chalet is a completely different experience.Special Features:
- Not My Mug of BeerMenehuneDined on 4/28/2014Overrated by some. The chopped salad was delicious.....way over priced, though. Ambiance? It's an indoor patio with a picnic area out back. its probably very loud when full of party goers. Service however, was pleasant. if the prices were better and I was in my twenties, I would probably hang out here on a Friday night & a sunny weekend. we were there at 5:45 on a Monday night. Hence, the quiet rating. the next open reservation time was 7 o'clock.
- Good food, great viewNeekVIPDined on 4/19/2014Both the Park and Beach Chalet have continued to have excellent food. They're bombarded with tourists, but have also done a great job of improving their wait staff to manage the throngs of people coming through their doors every day. We were well accommodated as a group of 5 adults and 1 wee child. Our food came out hot, delicious, and well-prepared and service was good.Special Features:
- Best Veggie Burger in TownStechjoDined on 4/19/2014I go here for special occasions when having visitors to the city. Since I have hearing issues I need to remember not to go when there's a game on, since the noise level is extreme and conversation a challenge. That said, I always enjoy a meal at the Park Chalet for brunch or lunch, but prefer the upstairs dining for dinner, just for the view of the ocean at sunset. Servers are attentive and efficient. I absolutely love the veggie burger, made on site. It's the best in town! And there are so many great beers to choose from, it difficult to decide.Special Features:
- Kid-fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2014We drank and ate while the kids hung out. What more could you ask for when having lunch with old friends!Special Features:
- Fine dining experiencejerrydDined on 4/15/2014WARM and Delight filled.Bloody Mary just enough spices with multiple garnishes. This time I tried the rotini with sauce. Well balanced , warm and abundant serving.Special Features:
- I met a friend at the BeachAmberDined on 4/6/2014I met a friend at the Beach Chalet for brunch. They do a bottomless champagne buffet brunch for less than $30 per person. It was great. The food was fantastic and my champagne glass was never empty. I would recommend this for a group or just a few people. With the set price you can’t really go wrong. Especially on a beautiful day!Special Features:
- Beer, Casual Food, People WatchingStacyBDined on 3/16/2014We always like the Park Chalet for casual brunch or lunch when guests are in town and we've gone hiking at Land's End. The bonus is that our two small dogs can join us as well if we sit outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Brunch!TyssaDined on 3/16/2014The brunch was really good. Our server was great and the dining area had lots of windows and tables available inside and outside. The food was good and offered variety and options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park chaletOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Basically poor all around. Bfast buffet just gross esp the biscuits and Gravy, French toast casserole and way undercooked bacon. The peel n eat shrimp were good. Bad omelette from omelet station- thin, dry, brown. Carving station of beef was shoe leather.
- Like the Location, Hate the FoodSaraDined on 3/8/2014I really want to like this place because I like the location and it is kid friendly. We've tried it two times. The doors open onto the park and it has a really nice ambiance. However, the food is terrible and the beer and mixed drinks are just mediocre. There isn't one thing that I would recommend from the menu and we've tried almost everything. I'm not looking for gourmet but they can do much more than what they offer today.Special Features:
- Canine & Kids ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2014The food was good, but limited menu as compared to upstairs at Beach Chalet. Outdoor tables were a hit with those who had children and dogs. Kids could run around in the lawn area, while dogs can walk about or sit by the outdoor tables. So it is good on a nice day. However, inside it is very noisy and was hard to hear the people at my table. So, I will go to the Beach Chalet instead, and watch the beautiful sunsets over the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved the beach viewminimunchkinDined on 2/16/2014i love the view of the beach big windows food was great sunday bruch was nice romantic and good service overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friendssteakloverDined on 1/23/2014We ate at Park Chalet and the meal was excellent, particularly the NY steak. It tasted like beef with nice clean finish as though it came from my uncle's farm. So many steaks taste like greasy mush and this one tasted like beef with a nice beer and sides it was a wonderful meat. The other dishes were nice as was the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisorganizedCynmwoodDined on 1/1/2014We went for New Years Day as a brunch was advertised. We arrived 15 min early and were told we were early And and could choose a table but no one was available to wait on us. We were eventually waited on And served. No one came back to the table to check on us, refill our water or coffee. I had To find the salt and pepper and go to the hostess to retrieve my check. The place was not that busy, food was so-so, very limited and expensive menu. And I was not Checked in by the hostess and received an email asking why I was a no show. I guess because no one noticed us!
- Not for night time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2013Reviews show this as great but it is not a spot for nighttime dining. Went with the kids and husband and it was cold despite the fireplace. Also tons of empty tables. Food (good calamari) and service were fine but other than that, I figure it is meant for afternoon or late morning brunch on a sunny day.Special Features:
- Great food and staff poor acousticsSteveDined on 12/21/2013The Park Chalet has always had a great, dynamic menu. Their staff has continued to be helpful and friendly. And the bar has some fantastic brews! But dining inside may be problematic. The noise level can be intense. The sliding glass windows and doors that form the walls of the chalet reflect the sound and do little to damp it. On warm days the restaurant might keep some doors open by the bar, or better yet, you can dine outside on the lawn. It's a great place for an outdoor meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bright!LindaKLDined on 12/11/2013I enjoy the overall atmosphere of Park Chalet for lunch. It's always bright because of the natural light streaming in from windows and ceiling. But the same windows/glass that bring the natural light also cause all sound to bounce and therefore, it's very loud in the room. I would recommend getting there soon after they open for an early lunch, tends not to be crowded then and so the noise level won't be as uncomfortable. The food is always good and unique menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving DinnerDreidaDined on 11/28/2013It was Thanksgiving dinner, we had reservations, just in case, but were not necessary. It was buffet style, which is ok, but the food was not warm enough. However, it still had a good taste to it. It seems like it could be a great place to go have lunch and enjoy the scenery. The service was spectacular, though the place was almost empty. Very friendly staff, which was highly appreciated since it was Thanksgiving, after all. Overall, I would like to return and try in a regular day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We very much enjoyed our ThanksgiviOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013We very much enjoyed our Thanksgiving dinner in this friendly, informal atmosphere. Both families and singles all seemed to enjoy this indoor-outdoor setting, with flatscreen sports and a bar for those who wanted it and lots of trees and greenery looking out the two ceiling-to-floor glass walls. The buffet was very good - of special note were the: ham--juicy and tender; whipped sweet potatoes and dressing, both with intriguing flavors, neither over nor under-spiced; the pumpkin pie--again, well spiced with a flavorful crust. Also, must note that I've never seen a wait staff that seemed so genuinely happy to be working that day, each and every one! Thank you!Special Features:
- Festive BrunchrickDined on 11/10/2013The Sunday brunch is a treat. Generous with the sparkling wine and lots of choices at the buffet table.Special Features:
- Food is average. Cajun FishScooterVIPDined on 11/2/2013Food is average. Cajun Fish Slider was not spicy. The Funghi Pizza did not have much fungi or garlic. Worst of all, the workers are going through the motions. The floor of the restaurant is dark grey and there was a white candy wrapper on the floor 10 feet away from the bar. Not one employee picked up the wrapper although at least three employees noticed the wrapper as they stepped on or kicked it. Waiter, bus boy, and hostess....all noticed but ignored the wrapper as if another employee was going to pick it up. None did. Shameful ! For the Manager....this was on Saturday night (11/2) around 6:45 to 7:30 pm. Yes, the wrapper was on the floor the entire time we were there. Hard to miss on a dark floor with no tables in the way.
- Nice location but limited menulimitedmenuDined on 10/12/2013very limited menu. very noisy when large groups are dining. Easy parking and nice atmosphere
- It sounded so good on theGinnyVIPDined on 10/1/2013It sounded so good on the reviews and the website but we were very disappointed. My husband had their fish and chips. The fish was FROZEN FISH. Oh please. He sent it back because it was very mushy. How could a restaurant next to the beach serve frozen fish?
- Neighborhood GemrickDined on 9/29/2013A great place for locals and tourists. Love the Recovery Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chalet SF StyleRobTomasHawaiiVIPDined on 9/28/2013What a great find! I've been in San Francisco a little under a year since relocating, and this was one of the fun places to come to. Park Chalet, not to be mistaken for the Beach Chalet (upstairs), serve drinks and food outside on the grassy lawn as well. We had a late lunch there, and I had the great buffalo wings, but the menu looks like they have a variety of burgers. They brew their own beer, and I tried at least 3 before my belly couldn't take it anymore, but I'll be back for sure to try what ever is in season. Lastly, the ambiance was -- for a lack of a better way of saying it -- off the hook! There was a live band there playing on the lawn when we were there, which made it that more fun... Thanks Park Chalet for a great afternoon!Special Features:
- The Perfect AfternoonThePopesDined on 9/16/2013We wanted to take my 95 year old grandmother out to lunch. We had a party of 7 and had a great experience. The crab sandwich was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodieRNVIPDined on 9/15/2013Granted, we went on a gorgeous Saturday evening so the place was very crowded. We had reservations at 6pm, were on time, but were not seated for at least 10 - 15 minutes. We finally chose to eat outside because nothing was obviously opening up on the inside. We finally received our food at 7pm. An hour waiting for food was where the place gets demerits. The food, once it arrived, was fantastic. Not sure I want to wait an hour for it however, but the fish & chips IS probably the best I've had in the city.Special Features: