4403 Murphy Road
Nashville, TN 37209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://parkcafenashville.com/
- Phone: 6153834409
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Willy Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining for up to 60 guests. From rehearsal dinners to business meetings we cater to all types of special events.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Sawall 6153834409
A word from Park Cafe
At Park Cafe, our philosophy is to create innovative cuisine using high-quality seasonal ingredients from the vine. Our culinary team is dedicated to serving market fresh cuisine featuring products from local farms, gardens and artisan producers. Simple preparations allow the quality of the ingredients to shine, while the rich, hearty flavors that characterize our cuisine are the mainstays of the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Park Cafe - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Park Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (30)romantic (28)special occasion (27)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Finally A Place Where You Can TalkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We ate here by default as the "bigger names" in the Nashville dining scene were booked the night we went out. What a pleasant surprise Park Cafe was. First off, we are close to 50 and increasingly find it difficult to have a conversation in most restaurants because they are just too boistrous. So, it was such a welcome change to dine without yelling! The bonus was the food! To start, I had the roasted oyster appetizer that rocked my world. That was followed by what was probably the best duck dish i have ever had. It was cooked sous-vide which created a tender flavorful moist duck. Yummy. Friends had the chicken and the salmon, both great. All accompanied by a good bottle of wine at a decent price point. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- PSuiter1VIPDined on 8/22/2014The Hot Chicken and Waffle appetizer was so HOT! You will need a glass of milk with that one. Overall the food was excellent and the service was very good as well. The dessert....crème brulee in a phyllo dough crust was outstanding!Special Features:
- DisappointedScottDined on 8/19/2014Atmosphere was much louder than expected. Food was good but not great. Definitely not the most expensive place around, but prices are a step up from the pack. The food should have been a step above as well and wasn't. Service was friendly and helpful. No big complaints, but unfortunately, nothing that I would recommend either.Special Features:
- Best romantic dinner in years!FamliymanfoodieDined on 8/9/2014The wife and I decided to try a new (to us) restaurant for our anniversary. We were very pleasantly surprised at everything tat Park Cafe offered. Food was delicious. Service was impeccable. They even gave us a quiet romantic nook to enjoy the dinner. We can't wait to tell our friends about our new find and bring them with us on our return.Special Features:
- American with a southern flairgr8timeDined on 8/7/2014Found this restaurant during our second trip to Nashville. It is a great find. Quiet atmosphere, nice menu (american with a southern flair). Our waiter Ryan was extremely knowledgeable and all suggestions were spot on.Would highly recommend if in the area.Special Features:
- Hidden GemAflemingDined on 7/26/2014Dinner at Park Cafe was very, very good. I believe we all ate everything that was put in front of us. We will definitely go back again. Added plus that they have Happy Hour and a nice selection of apps and cocktails. It is a perfect spot for couples or a small intimate group.Special Features:
- 10 Years and CountingAdamBDined on 7/21/2014A solid pick for a great dinner for over a decade. My wife and I have had many dinners and celebrated many special occasions at the Park Cafe. Although there are many new and trendy spots in the city, it is good to come back to a Nashville standard. Small bar, but great drinks, nice and reasonably priced wine list, and always good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitbobterriDined on 7/5/2014Park Café was recommended to us by a friend, so while visiting Nashville we made a reservation. Definitely be back the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovered FavoritemmgoodDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I used to dine frequently at Park Cafe, until it fell off our radar as new restaurants opened that we wanted to try. When trying to choose a restaurant for my birthday dinner last weekend, we were perusing our options on Open Table when I spotted an opening at Park Cafe and decided to visit an old favorite. We were not disappointed! The food, service and ambiance were just as good as I remembered. This rediscovered favorite will be back on our rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldDonaldDined on 6/24/2014Geaat restaurant! Celebrated 25th anniversary. Green chili Mac and cheese is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!Tellsthetruth60814Dined on 6/24/2014My husband and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary at Park Café, and we are so glad we did. The service was outstanding. We shared all of our dishes, and that wasn't a problem, which we appreciated. We started with the stuffed dates, which were excellent except for the sauce they came in--it didn't seem necessary for or complementary to the dates. We also had the Goat Cheese Brulee, which was amazing. We then shared the strawberry and prosciutto salad, which we are both still dreaming about--the prosciutto was crispy like bacon, and the strawberries were fresh and plentiful.The Cornish game was our entrée, which was fantastic. All in all, a marvelous experience! Thanks, Park Café!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014We vistited Park Cafe for the first time in many years, and we had a fantastic dinner. The food was delicious, the wine was great, and the staff was very attentive and personable. Now that we are back in the area, we definitely plan on going there more often. It might even become our neighborhood regular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very satisfactory dining experienceSamtableDined on 6/10/2014Went there on a Tuesday night. food and service both outstanding. Really good, carefully but not obsessively prepared, fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Go to SpotvatausaeVIPDined on 6/9/2014Once again Park Cafe has reiterated why it is my go to spot - top notch service and great food in a laid back upscale atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Cafe for dinnergoodeatingDined on 6/7/2014We live in the neighborhood and have eaten at Park Café several times. The service was wonderful. We were first seated in a room that was too loud (had a guest we had not seen for 25 years) and we were moved to a quieter location with ease. Two out of three loved our dinner entrees. Redfish was a special, but they had run out by 7 pm. One of us ordered salmon and the filet was overcooked (ordered rare) and tiny. Still, will return and just not order the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014great meal- had shrimp and grits. fabulous service. doesn't feel touristy or commercial. nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!TiggyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Took my wife for a midweek dinner. Everything done right from the perfectly prepared cocktails to the absolutely incredible lemon icebox pie. Try the roasted hen and salmon entrees. Both are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olives were great.....SummertravelerDined on 6/5/2014everything else disappointing. The warmed marinated olives were enjoyed. Then things went downhill fast. A very average Zin priced at $11 a glass was a mere 3-4 oz pour. A Virgin Mary was dull and lacked character so often presented at many fun upscale restaurants. Stuffed and wrapped dates ingredients never melded. House salad was nice but blue cheese sparse. Pork chop ordered medium was overlooked, dry and tough. Greens were unseasoned, undercooked and not enjoyed. Our goat cheese pizza order was not put in and we gladly canceled to end our 'experience' with this place.
- Don't forget!justalittlesnobbyDined on 6/4/2014With all of the wonderful new restaurants in town, it's easy to forget those that have been consistently top notch over time. Park Cafe is one of those and proved it again Wednesday night. The food and service are consistently outstanding and deserve the appreciation and recognition. We'll be back soon...Special Features:
- Service and foodJennie1984Dined on 5/20/2014The waitress was great and very attentive! The appetizers were delicious and very tasty! The entrees were, however, just ok unfortunately! I ordered the shrimp and grits which was pretty good, and my husband got the mushrooms and linguine. I tasted his and we both feel like it was just ok. It needed a little more flavor and for the price, we didn't feel like it was deserving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good special occasion dinnerjpl195Dined on 5/8/2014We have a very good meal for a group of 5. Three of us ordered the salmon, one vegetable plate and one shrimp and grits. All were very good. The waiter, Ryan, was able to get the shrimp and grits without the andouille sausage and the tasso jus as we have a vegetarian with us The food is on the heavy, New Orleans side .. not many light options. The vegetables were delicious but high in fat.Special Features:
- The following 188 reviews are from the Park Cafe reviews archive.
- ALL-AROUND GREAT DINNERgood2BdiningDined on 5/3/2014Atmosphere quiet to energetic. Staff very friendly and waiter very good. Food did not disappoint all four of us! Wine was excellent, and dessert memorable! Highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Truly one of the best meals we have had in Nashville. We really enjoyed our dinner and the service.Special Features:
- Not the Park Cafe of YesteryearCarladyDined on 5/1/2014It had been years since I had been to the Park Cafe known for fine dining and a romantic ambience with excellent service. So when it came time to celebrate a friends birthday....we thought it would be the perfect choice. Nashville has so many awesome restaurants....that Park Cafe needs to up their game. The restaurant was less than 1/2 full on a Thursday. They placed all of the guests in one room which was fine. But our service was poor. We had to ask for everything water, sugar for tea, & the wait was long for our food. I ordered the pork chop and it was more fatty than I like. It also was Luke warm at best. The side dishes of Mac and cheese were good. The Cornish Game Hen was just ok Bottom line, Park Cafe you've got BIG PROBLEMS!
- Pleasant SurpriseSherryDined on 4/25/2014Picked this from a list and we were not disappointed! Everyone was gracious and knowledgeable from food choices to wine selections. We had a vegan diner in our group and the chef was more than accommodating with ideas for her meal. Waiter was outstanding; he took time to get to know us and tell us about the city as well as serve our meal. This place is a must do for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014I got the shrimp and grits which was a wonderful combination of flavors. My husband had the filet which was as good as any steak house. Service was attentive but not hovering. Our only complaint was a party in the next room that had a very loud, very young child. They were seated in a remote corner but the yelling was still disturbing.
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014I liked the small rooms with tables throughout the restaurant. It could've been romantic but there was a loud person at a table nearby with 2 children. Couldn't hear any music over them. Great selection of wine and beer. The food was delicious. My husband loved his meal especially. The server we had was outstanding. Everyone there was very nice. Nice intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty and enjoyablePleasanteatsVIPDined on 4/12/2014The service was great. The food was very good. The atmosphere very relaxingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy, casual elegance, great diningCleanplateclubDined on 4/11/2014Don't let the unassuming exterior fool you. This neighborhood restaurant has food and atmosphere that rivals the higher profile, "best" restaurants in Nashville. Thank you Park Café! We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drive byWandererDined on 4/11/2014My wife and I had dinner at Park Cafe as a stop while driving from Knoxville to Memphis. Our choice was somewhat by chance, we were looking for somewhere close to the I40 that was away from downtown. Geographically this fit the bill. It was a pleasant surprise that this was a great neighborhood restaurant, the sort of place you'd love to have around the corner from home for a friendly Friday night dinner. The service was friendly and attentive including valet parking. The food (shrimp and goat cheese grits for me, salmon and Szechuan green beans for my wife) was great. The building is a converted home so it is broken up into rooms, making for some privacy and keeping it intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always wonderfullcsdinerDined on 4/7/2014I love Park Cafe -- consistently excellent food, good service, interesting specials, a strong menu. And the atmosphere is very conducive to conversation. It gets harder and harder to find quiet restaurants (um, that are not quiet because no one is there, meaning the food or service isn't good!) The ramble-y small rooms help. I really appreciate the old-world character of Park Cafe, attention to the details, and creation of an atmosphere that is convivial, unrushed, and warm. I've had the risotto twice, the pork chop, and last time wanted the drum special but just missed it because our waiter was too good at singing its praises to everyone (darn). The green chili mac and cheese side is, well, words cannot describe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Park Cafe!dining2getherDined on 4/3/2014Liked the evening special choices. Great service paired with fabulous food = consistent Park Cafe.Special Features:
- Great way to end our tripLynnDined on 3/24/2014We were visiting Nashville for 5 days and needed a nice restaurant for dinner. Park Café was recommended on Trip Advisor and also by the Concierge at The Hermitage Hotel. We loved the small rooms so it gives the feel of a small restaurant even though it is actually bigger than that. We had the Salmon, the Shrimp Grits and the Cornish Hen. All meals, including the green beans, rice etc were superb and well presented. Our waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu, including detail for my mother, who is diabetic. For dessert, we shared the Crème Brulee and the Apple Cobbler. They were also wonderful. The ONLY recommendation I would make is to get better choices of teas. We couldn't get a decaffeinated black tea.Special Features:
- been here several times. updatedwabcolVIPDined on 3/24/2014been here several times. updated menu. some of my favorites are gone from menu though-like molten chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, as usualgreyDined on 3/22/2014We've been going to Park Cafe for years and it still continues to be one of our favorites. Great service and great food is a simple formula but they pull it off every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Praise +Larson02Dined on 3/21/2014A consistent dining experience which nears perfection. The hallmarks of each visit are a creative, intriguing and varied menu coupled with a wait staff eager to please. A low key and comfortable environ make dining a relaxed experience while the architecture of the Park ensures that guests don't have to worry about noise levels during conversations. This cannot be said of a number of high end eateries in Nash. Just had the pork chop...amazing as always. Want a beautiful dining experience? Go to open table and search Park Cafe.Special Features:
- Delicious food served withMekmdDined on 3/19/2014Delicious food served with just the right amount of attention from the server. Fresh , innovative menu with a friendly vibe.Special Features:
- Could have been a lot betterBreezerVIPDined on 3/15/2014We thought we'd try something new for our anniversary and heard this place was good. Well, it was good, but not great. It's a tiny little house with tables cramped next to each other, so no privacy. The food was just okay, nothing fantastic. There are a lot of amazing places to eat in Nashville and this just didn't come close to telling other's about it.Special Features:
- Suitable for allJerseyliciousDined on 2/27/2014I hosted a dinner here for an out-of-down guest and business associates. The prices were moderate, the service was great, and there was food to appeal to all tastes. While the décor is not exceptionally original, it does create a comfortable and warm setting. It was an excellent venue for this sort of event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Six Pack ExperienceBillDined on 2/21/2014We have a group of six that we call ourselves Six Pack and we try different restaurants once a month. One of the couples suggested Park Cafe and we decided to give it a try. We were definitely not disappointed. The food was out of this world, service excellent and the ambience was very much to our liking. I would strongly suggest going here for any occassion. We most certainly will be back.Special Features: