4403 Murphy Road
Nashville, TN 37209Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://parkcafenashville.com/
- Phone: (615) 383-4409
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Willy Thomas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining for up to 60 guests. From rehearsal dinners to business meetings we cater to all types of special events.
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Sawall 6153834409
A word from Park Cafe
At Park Cafe, our philosophy is to create innovative cuisine using high-quality seasonal ingredients from the vine. Our culinary team is dedicated to serving market fresh cuisine featuring products from local farms, gardens and artisan producers. Simple preparations allow the quality of the ingredients to shine, while the rich, hearty flavors that characterize our cuisine are the mainstays of the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Park Cafe - Best Restaurants in Nashville ›
Park Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (44)special occasion (36)romantic (32)notable wine list (13)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Engagement DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014They came through on my table request and on making sure flowers were on the table for the special occasion (engaged earlier that day). Staff was attentive (lots of congratulations for us too). Food was outstanding (stuffed date app and goat cheese brûlée app in particular knocked it out of the park). Drink recommendations were spot on. Many good restaurants have blossomed in Nashville in recent years. Park Cafe still sets quite a standard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous dinnerJK12Dined on 11/22/2014Always a dependable favorite for excellent food and service. Menu changes often and this time reflected yummy fall dishes with squash and other favorites. Portions are large and can be shared or taken home. Very attentive servers. Salads were particularly inventive and delicious. Ambiance of the dining in separate rooms of this house makes it cozy but the tables maybe a little too close together for some tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/21/2014I still like Park Cafe very much, but on this visit, I did not find the food up to the level of my last 3 or 4 times.atmosphere and service are always good. I will continue to dine at Park Cafe, since I Know they can, and usually do, get it right on the food. This particular visit left me slightly disappointed. nothing really bad, just nothing stood above an OK level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dmc3VIPDined on 11/8/2014On this visit, we were seated at a great table in a small room at the front of the restaurant with a large window. The service was very good, as always. The food was good, as well. With the construction on the street, having the valet was fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a hitLdubDined on 11/5/2014With all the hype about new restaurants opening in Nashville, I sometimes forget about Park Café, located just a few blocks from my house. It never fails me as a wonderful place for dinner. Food was excellent - we fought over the oysters and each of us had an entrée we liked very much. Crème brulee is exceptional, too. Service was perfect. Park Café is still my favorite place in Nashville for dinner.Special Features:
- So-So foodJamesDined on 10/29/2014We have been going to the Park Café for over 10 years, and the last few years have been a real disappointment. We use to love the food, appetizers, and atmosphere, but the last couple of years all have gone downhill. We continue to give it an occasional try, but now are always disappointed. My favorite dish in the past was the tenderloin tips. They no longer have any tenderloin on there menu and what has replaced it is not very good. We have pretty much given up on the Park Café.Special Features:
- Park Cafe was terrific!TheLovesVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a great time. We took 3 college age kids who all loved their food, as did we. It would have worked just as nicely for a couple, or for a bigger group. The menu was creative and the food was really good- I had a pizza and the oysters, both of which were fantastic. The Caesar salads were terrific, the cocktails fun, the interior was quirky, and our service was fabulous. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinner!jsimpDined on 10/18/2014Took my wife here for our anniversary. Hadn't been in several years. Was exactly what I was looking for in a romantic dinner. Menu was varied enough for a variety of tastes, server was knowledgeable, responsive, and took cues that we were taking our time for a relaxed dinner. Tried the catfish special on his recommendation and was not disappointed. Would not have expected to order fried catfish at an upscale restaurant, but it was some of the best I have ever had. Perfectly seasoned and fried and the black eyed peas and chow-chow under it were amazing. My wife's asian-inspired salmon was excellent as well. I know Nashville has many new and excellent restaurants, but don't forget about this great neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014Great staff. Anticipatory of needs and great wine selections. We found the food perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly bad serviceJes0918Dined on 10/17/2014We have eaten here many times and the service is usually outstanding. We were seated next to a rather loud party of 6 and then waited for waiter to show. After 10 minutes, a waitress took pity on us and at least got drinks ordered. Good thing it wasn't our first visit or we would never go back. Food, as usual, was very good. Chicken mole tacos (first time I tried) were very tasty and the brussell sprout salad (which I have every time) was wonderful.Special Features:
- It was ok ....KatGatDined on 10/10/2014We were sat at a redicilously small table they ran out of beer and lamb. Limited menu, nothing to amazing but what's there is prepared well. The creme brûlée Napoleon was the best thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Park Cafe!PastaLover9Dined on 10/10/2014Tamara and the staff are so friendly and accommodating, and the food is amazing! We live in the neighborhood and love to stop in for happy hour or a nice dinner with friends. A perfect 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinnerNashvillenativeDined on 10/9/2014Good food, excellent service, and great place to be able to talk and eat. I had the pork chops and macaroni and cheese. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at Park CafeoldfashionedDined on 10/7/2014Have driven by many times but never had remembered to try the place out. Son and his wife ate there and recommended so my wife and I tried it out for her Birthday dinner out. Place was perfect. A neighborhood feel with great food and great service. Read reviews that said to try the bacon wrapped stuffed dates, something i would not have tried in a million years otherwise and they were a real pleasant surprise, will definitely order again. Same for creme brulee. I have had this dessert a 100 times in US and europe as it is my favorite and Park Cafe rates in top few. Every thing was good and our server christy was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Food and service was outstanding. Great wine list and very quite as well, a real neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- still a solid choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/20/2014Park Cafe is one of the older Nashville restaurants, amidst the explosion of new dining options in Nashville over the last 5 years or so. Park Cafe has been around for 15 years , and is still a great option. usually fairly easy to get into. food still very good, service is good, and prices are a notch below some of the newer comparable restaurants. love it when the more established places remain vital.Special Features:
- Great service and foodCourtneyDined on 9/19/2014My fiancé and I went there for dinner last night. It was superb! The service was excellent. The waitstaff was attentive and food was served quickly. Oyster appetizer was to die for. My fiancé got the shrimp and grits and said "it was one of the best" he has ever had. I ordered the special - catfish with pinto beans. We finished with the creme brûlée - very unique presentation. Not your typical look, as theirs is in layers. So tasty! Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- twice last weekOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/16/2014see my other review below .... still a great choice after 15 years.
- Great ExperienceMikeMVIPDined on 9/12/2014Although we eat out at least a couple of nights a week, somehow we had missed the Park Café. Our first experience was wonderful. Our server, Kristie, brought us great versions of our favorite cocktails and then quickly resolved the irritation of an extraordinarily noisy table next to us by moving us to another table that was quiet and exactly what we had hoped for. Even though it was not in her area, she continued as our server without missing a beat. Kristie was knowledgeable about the menu and wine selections and attended to our every need. The food - baked oysters, strawberry salad, crab cakes and wedge salad (with wonderful fried green tomatoes) - were as good as any dishes we have had in Nashville. Great experience. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidElJefeVIPDined on 9/9/2014With all the new places opening up it's easy to forget about Park Cafe but you shouldn't. Stuffed wrapped dates are a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slowjshjh023VIPDined on 9/5/2014Been here many times, fis time the service was really slow, and the restaurant was not even nearly filled. Even the table next to us sent back their steak. I think Park has some work to do.
- Finally A Place Where You Can TalkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We ate here by default as the "bigger names" in the Nashville dining scene were booked the night we went out. What a pleasant surprise Park Cafe was. First off, we are close to 50 and increasingly find it difficult to have a conversation in most restaurants because they are just too boistrous. So, it was such a welcome change to dine without yelling! The bonus was the food! To start, I had the roasted oyster appetizer that rocked my world. That was followed by what was probably the best duck dish i have ever had. It was cooked sous-vide which created a tender flavorful moist duck. Yummy. Friends had the chicken and the salmon, both great. All accompanied by a good bottle of wine at a decent price point. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- PSuiter1VIPDined on 8/22/2014The Hot Chicken and Waffle appetizer was so HOT! You will need a glass of milk with that one. Overall the food was excellent and the service was very good as well. The dessert....crème brulee in a phyllo dough crust was outstanding!Special Features:
- DisappointedScottDined on 8/19/2014Atmosphere was much louder than expected. Food was good but not great. Definitely not the most expensive place around, but prices are a step up from the pack. The food should have been a step above as well and wasn't. Service was friendly and helpful. No big complaints, but unfortunately, nothing that I would recommend either.Special Features:
- Best romantic dinner in years!FamliymanfoodieDined on 8/9/2014The wife and I decided to try a new (to us) restaurant for our anniversary. We were very pleasantly surprised at everything tat Park Cafe offered. Food was delicious. Service was impeccable. They even gave us a quiet romantic nook to enjoy the dinner. We can't wait to tell our friends about our new find and bring them with us on our return.Special Features:
- American with a southern flairgr8timeDined on 8/7/2014Found this restaurant during our second trip to Nashville. It is a great find. Quiet atmosphere, nice menu (american with a southern flair). Our waiter Ryan was extremely knowledgeable and all suggestions were spot on.Would highly recommend if in the area.Special Features:
- The following 204 reviews are from the Park Cafe reviews archive.
- Hidden GemAflemingDined on 7/26/2014Dinner at Park Cafe was very, very good. I believe we all ate everything that was put in front of us. We will definitely go back again. Added plus that they have Happy Hour and a nice selection of apps and cocktails. It is a perfect spot for couples or a small intimate group.Special Features:
- 10 Years and CountingAdamBDined on 7/21/2014A solid pick for a great dinner for over a decade. My wife and I have had many dinners and celebrated many special occasions at the Park Cafe. Although there are many new and trendy spots in the city, it is good to come back to a Nashville standard. Small bar, but great drinks, nice and reasonably priced wine list, and always good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitbobterriDined on 7/5/2014Park Café was recommended to us by a friend, so while visiting Nashville we made a reservation. Definitely be back the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rediscovered FavoritemmgoodDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I used to dine frequently at Park Cafe, until it fell off our radar as new restaurants opened that we wanted to try. When trying to choose a restaurant for my birthday dinner last weekend, we were perusing our options on Open Table when I spotted an opening at Park Cafe and decided to visit an old favorite. We were not disappointed! The food, service and ambiance were just as good as I remembered. This rediscovered favorite will be back on our rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonaldDonaldDined on 6/24/2014Geaat restaurant! Celebrated 25th anniversary. Green chili Mac and cheese is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience!Tellsthetruth60814Dined on 6/24/2014My husband and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary at Park Café, and we are so glad we did. The service was outstanding. We shared all of our dishes, and that wasn't a problem, which we appreciated. We started with the stuffed dates, which were excellent except for the sauce they came in--it didn't seem necessary for or complementary to the dates. We also had the Goat Cheese Brulee, which was amazing. We then shared the strawberry and prosciutto salad, which we are both still dreaming about--the prosciutto was crispy like bacon, and the strawberries were fresh and plentiful.The Cornish game was our entrée, which was fantastic. All in all, a marvelous experience! Thanks, Park Café!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/14/2014We vistited Park Cafe for the first time in many years, and we had a fantastic dinner. The food was delicious, the wine was great, and the staff was very attentive and personable. Now that we are back in the area, we definitely plan on going there more often. It might even become our neighborhood regular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very satisfactory dining experienceSamtableVIPDined on 6/10/2014Went there on a Tuesday night. food and service both outstanding. Really good, carefully but not obsessively prepared, fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Go to SpotvatausaeVIPDined on 6/9/2014Once again Park Cafe has reiterated why it is my go to spot - top notch service and great food in a laid back upscale atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Cafe for dinnergoodeatingDined on 6/7/2014We live in the neighborhood and have eaten at Park Café several times. The service was wonderful. We were first seated in a room that was too loud (had a guest we had not seen for 25 years) and we were moved to a quieter location with ease. Two out of three loved our dinner entrees. Redfish was a special, but they had run out by 7 pm. One of us ordered salmon and the filet was overcooked (ordered rare) and tiny. Still, will return and just not order the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014great meal- had shrimp and grits. fabulous service. doesn't feel touristy or commercial. nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!TiggyVIPDined on 6/5/2014Took my wife for a midweek dinner. Everything done right from the perfectly prepared cocktails to the absolutely incredible lemon icebox pie. Try the roasted hen and salmon entrees. Both are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olives were great.....SummertravelerDined on 6/5/2014everything else disappointing. The warmed marinated olives were enjoyed. Then things went downhill fast. A very average Zin priced at $11 a glass was a mere 3-4 oz pour. A Virgin Mary was dull and lacked character so often presented at many fun upscale restaurants. Stuffed and wrapped dates ingredients never melded. House salad was nice but blue cheese sparse. Pork chop ordered medium was overlooked, dry and tough. Greens were unseasoned, undercooked and not enjoyed. Our goat cheese pizza order was not put in and we gladly canceled to end our 'experience' with this place.
- Don't forget!justalittlesnobbyDined on 6/4/2014With all of the wonderful new restaurants in town, it's easy to forget those that have been consistently top notch over time. Park Cafe is one of those and proved it again Wednesday night. The food and service are consistently outstanding and deserve the appreciation and recognition. We'll be back soon...Special Features: