288 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://parkballuchiusa.com/
- Phone: (650) 960-1000
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Park Balluchi
Welcome to Park Balluchi, a Fine dining Indian Restaurant and Bar in the heart of Mountain View. The ambiance of the restaurant is designed to be comfortable and contemporary. With a team of experienced chefs and managers, the Park Balluchi team is dedicated to customer service and have an innate passion for the restaurant business. At Park Balluchi we serve both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Our chefs are trained and well versed with North Indian Mughalai cuisine, and Punjabi traditional village style cooking. To compliment the classy ambiance and exotic foods, we also boast of an exceptional selection of cocktails, beers, fine wine, and traditional Indian beverages. At Park Balluchi, we use natural, organic and fresh ingredients in our cooking. We source our vegetables and other ingredients locally through the local farmers network in and around Bay Area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Balluchi reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)fit for foodies (11)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)hot spot (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- Went based on internet reviewsyrlesruDined on 11/3/2014Was craving an Indian buffet for lunch and was impressed by the internet reviews I read about this Castro Street restaurant. The reviews were generally aligned with our lunch time experience. The restaurant has an extensive hot buffet line. We made an Open Table reservation based on reviewers comments that the place gets packed at noon time. However, we had a choice of tables on the Monday noon time period we dined here. On the food level, the roti bread. neither was heavy in whole grain nor buckwheat and tasted sweet. The only tea was an Indian hot variety with milk. My colleague had a mango lassi that he liked it a lot :) The buffet offering had too much chicken and only a goat meat offering and few vegetable offers.Special Features:
- Very good Indian food.VijayDined on 10/25/2014In most Indian restaurants some of the stuff will be good and the rest will be ok or bad. Here everything was really good. Nice variety and great taste - the bread is wonderful. Good service too.Special Features:
- Great Food !!MridulVIPDined on 9/26/2014Good Food , and very good price as compared to other Indian Restaurants on Castro..Special Features:
- DPaletteVIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was below average, service was slow, and the noise level was VERY loud (and not in a good way)!
- Good Indian choiceEatingGoodDined on 8/20/2014Wonderful tandori chicken salad. Pleasant waiters. Would definitely go back again to sample other dishesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply A ClassKalSandhuVIPDined on 8/12/2014We made reservations for 10:30 pm. When we got there they told us that the kitchen was already closed Nevertherless the owner and staff accomoidated us and served us one of the best Punjabi meals we have had anywhere in this country. To make things even better they played, just for us, awesome Punjabi Bhangra Music. Opentable might have had a gliotch in the reservations, Park Bulluchi definitely did not. My sister is visiting this week with her family...this is the place I'm taking them for a great meal.Special Features:
- Good food but poor servicenapadiner2VIPDined on 8/9/2014Not a relaxing atmosphere with workers hovering around talking and a bit chaotic who should take your order and who to ask for drinks, and the server from the kitchen kept leaving our entrees at the other end of the table instead of in front of us. Otherwise, food was very tasty, although lamb was a bit chewy. Worth it if you get restaurant.com or groupon certificate.Special Features:
- Good service, ok ok foodluv2eatDined on 8/6/2014Went there on weekday night and was surprised to find it almost full. Food was ok ok, nothing great, service was good. Food came out in good time, and servers were courteous. But again, the food was not anywhere close to standard of good places in bay area.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Park Balluchi reviews archive.
- Lunch BuffetanhtuanVIPDined on 7/11/2014Come strong with the appetite. Butter chicken was good. Tasty cantaloupe for dessert (added sugar?)Special Features:
- PatKrishnanDined on 7/5/2014Great restaurant with good service. Food quality is good and they carry some unique items as well which was a hit t with our group.Special Features:
- Hopeless place to dine !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014In the above question you asked me to choose how I would specifically recommend this restaurant, this is applicable only if I remotely was gonna recommend your place.I would never recommend this place to any of my friends. 1.)They need to learn how to treat their customers. 2.)The wait times for the table (even after making a reservation) is very high, the delay in serving the food is even higher. 3.)The taste of their food is no where close to being called fresh.Special Features:
- great place for indian buffetabhishDined on 6/14/2014We went to this restaurant for a lunch buffet. the food was fresh and vast variety of veg and non-veg items. Excellent choice.Special Features:
- I like the food..ShekarDined on 5/25/2014I also like the service, except that it is very slow. Ordered an extra dish, but never made it to table. Friendly staff. Food was good and I would recommend this place...Special Features:
- Good FoodfoodieDined on 5/24/2014Overall good food, but the Suji Halwa seemed stale -- the sugar content was very less.Special Features: