Park Avenue Winter
100 E. 63rd St.
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Park Avenue Winter
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkavenyc.com/
- Phone: 2126441900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11:30 a.m. -3:00 p.m.
Monday-Thursday 5:30p.m.-10:00 p.m., Friday-Saturday 5:30p.m.-11:00 p.m.,
Sunday 5-9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday brunch: 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Lasko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Park Avenue was designed by award-winning architects AvroKO. The streamlined, contemporary lines of the dining rooms design are accentuated by rustic cabinetry and inventive, artistic accents throughout the spaces. The unique design of each space will make an impression on you and your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Denise Bryant 8775380442
A word from Park Avenue Winter
In keeping with our tradition of transformation and discovery, Fourth Wall Restaurant’s Park Avenue has changed to Winter for the season. The restaurant has received a complete overhaul-adapting the space’s décor and menu to welcome Winter. Chef Kevin Lasko created the seasonally focused American menu for Park Avenue Winter, offering innovative takes on classic dishes like, Gorgonzola Dolce Ravioli with Acorn Squash & Cranberries. Additionally, to honor one the celebratory nature of the season, Lasko offers the Winter Gatherings menu. Meant to be enjoyed amongst friends, this menu offers dishes to be enjoyed by two or more, like Truffle Roasted Chicken with Foie Gras Stuffing. Executive pastry chef and James Beard Award winner Richard Leach created a variety of confections for our dessert menu, focusing on seasonal ingredients and impeccable techniques. Dessert items include Winter Spice Cake with handcrafted Brown Butter Ice Cream and Caramelized Apples & Cranberries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Avenue Winter reviews from OpenTable diners
- seasonalMandyDined on 12/28/2013Deserve to try. The seasonal menu is marvelous and adjustable. the environment is romantic.Special Features:
- Sorry to see it go . . .sdeane57Dined on 12/28/2013We have been dining there at a number of "seasons" and it has always been fantastic. The concept of the seasons is unique and the food just fabulous. We brought our sons and their wives/girlfriends there for a Xmas get together . . . could not ask for a better place to share time together. Thank you all for a terrific evening, with excellent food and service. So sorry to see you go . . .was so looking forward to keeping the tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good overallpatrickDined on 12/25/2013I was informed that this restaurant is good for a lunch but I went to the place on Christmas day and I and my go really enjoyed here. Liked the food liked the interior of the restaurant. LikedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay experienceSkovDined on 12/24/2013Not impressed with the food at these prices. We sat at a table with a pretty cold fan facing us.Special Features:
- It's a great place to celebratereenieDined on 12/23/2013It's a great place to celebrate an special occasion. Been to Park Ave over a half dozen times!Special Features:
- Tasteful , old fashionedEmma1Dined on 12/23/2013Always a lovely place for lunch, not too noisy but mostly "older"crowd", food not overly exciting.Special Features:
- Lovely place and fantastic foodStuhDined on 12/22/2013We went to this place on our last night in new york and it was a brilliant end to fantastic trip. A gorgeous restaurant with amazing food and great wine. The service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Lost Treasure!SecretAdmirerVIPDined on 12/20/2013It was wonderful!!! Great service, great food choices in a beautiful setting, what more could you ask for? A new home for this incredible treasure which will be lost on December 31st of this year. Really want to know where your new home will be, keep us posted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a very nice lunch.fischerpDined on 12/20/2013Had lunch here the other day. Everything was great. Hope they have a new location soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most PleasantBanks1423Dined on 12/17/2013Went for an early lunch with a good friend. The main dining room was perfectly decorated for winter. The menu was equally as suitable, as it is seasonally adjusted. Service was welcoming. The variety and taste of the food was wonderful. I would go back anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat visitFalconDined on 12/16/2013We have been to your restaurant about 5 times and have had a good experiences. However our last time we were seated up stairs and it had NO ambience. Two of our dishes were cold (Dover sole) and one you had run out of (apple dessert). The room was crowded and loud. We were disappointed.Special Features:
- Sorry to see you goOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/15/2013We learned they are closing because their rent was increased. What a loss! How they find a new location soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013The brunch is great. Good selection of sweet and savory. Be careful of the price fixe and make sure to go when really hungry - there is no a la carte option and ordering an appetizer and entree (plus the awesome bread basket, which is delectible muffins, rolls and breads) is a LOT of food. Service was a bit patchy - it was not clear to us who our server was and after we ordered, a server (who was not the person who took our order) came over to discuss the menu with us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Sunday Brunch2happyfoysDined on 12/15/2013We loved the relaxed feel of this very thematic restaurant - Winter theme. You felt at home as soon as you arrived and were taken to your table. The service provided by both our waiters was very attentive and extremely friendly The Bloody Mary's were possibly the best we have tasted and the presentation of them was excellent! The Kale & Manchego Salad with chorizo and chestnut honey was amazing as was the Filet Mignon, RoastedShallot Glaze with sunny side-Up Eggs. As we were visitors to NYC from the UK it is not likely that we will be back for some time, but we will visit NYC again and we will return. Highly recommended should you wish to spoil yourself to a first class brunch at fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EngagementengagedhereDined on 12/14/2013I asked my girlfriend to marry me at the restaurant. They helped make this occasion very special. We will always remember that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2013We were spending the night in the city for a holiday party and decided to go to Park Avenue Winter once we learned that it would be moving to a new location next year. We were not disappointed by our choice. We had a fantastic meal in a very elegant but approachable atmosphere. If the Broccoli and Cheetos are available as a side when you go, do not pass them up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always terrificDinestarVIPDined on 12/13/2013I've been to all the seasons at Park Avenue NYC and it has been delicious and a good time every meal. Looking forward to discovering the new location in 2014.Special Features:
- DeliciousTravelerVIPDined on 12/12/2013Great food but waiters English was poor and difficult to understand. Disappointing for a gourmet rest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Avenue all seasons!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/11/2013We hear that they are moving and were happy to dine here once again before that happens. There was an array of dishes from past years and all three fish were fab. Can't wait to discover the new location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, mediocre serviceTastingNYVIPDined on 12/9/2013As always at Park Avenue, the food was delicious while the service left something to be desired. The butternut squash soup is out of this world, & the porcini bordelaise on the grilled sirloin was the most delicious thing I've tasted in awhile. I also enjoyed the Park Avenue Royale drink. As for the service, the hosts got confused & one of my guests was waiting alone at the table for 10 minutes while I was at the bar - when my reservation time hit, I asked the host again if anyone had arrived which is when I found out what happened. Also, at the bar, my other friend & I were literally the only people sitting there & it took the bartender a full 5 minutes to acknowledge us. Our server was very nice however & helped to redeem his coworkers.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013One of the best in NYC and I highly recommend any season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2013This restaurant was a real disappointment. Several of the appetizers missed the mark and the entrees were only fair. The salmon entree was a collection of ingredients that didn't come together, including mandarin oranges which appeared to have come from a can. Save yourself some money and go somewhere less full of itself.
- Sorry to see you go....LoveroffoodVIPDined on 12/7/2013When will you be back? You are like a friend that I would love to see over and over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem on Park AvenueNYCityLadyDined on 12/7/2013Park Avenue Winter is open with a new Winter menu celebrating the decade of fine entrees. The current menu celebrates all the "bests" from the Chef over the last decade. Whether it is the Dover Sole or the Filet you will not be disappointed. The breadbasket overflows with flatbreads, raisin breads and has limitless refills! The atmosphere is a dramatic effort to set the scene of winter, spring summer or fall depending on the time of the year. The crowd is a bit older but very sophisticated. This is a great place to have lunch with a friend or dinner with your fave. I can't wait to see where the Restaurant lands. Maybe they will take up space across Park Avenue. Lets Hope they stay in the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a lovely celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2013We had a lovely celebration at Park Avenue Winter for my husband's birthday. Just the two of us. Service was friendly, ambience was lovely, and the food was very good. Can't wait for another special occasion to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PredictableAllanDined on 12/7/2013We have eaten here many times . Always good , fast service . Food excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We noticed that the personOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013We noticed that the person who was preparing the tables between customers didn't do a good job. She didn't properly wipe down the table and she didn't change all the utensils. The food was good. I asked for coffee refill and waitress forgotI would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment. WeRemiVIPDined on 12/5/2013What a disappointment. We love this restaurant, but they are winding down, and it shows. Their last night is December 31, and they have been very mysterious about their future. In the meantime, they changed over to Winter with no changes in the menu. They kept all old favorites, and I suspect the Chef has already moved on. The prices have gone up. You can't even find a wine for less than $60 now. We ordered an open face Lobster Club because how could you mess that up? We are sad to see one of our favorite, tried and true restaurants deteriorate at the end. Instead, they should go out with a bang and do things right.Special Features:
- Very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/4/2013We enjoyed our meal. Though one entree item was sent back, it was taken care of swiftly and very satisfactorily. Nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- Tired and just okcdconnVIPDined on 12/1/2013Restaurant needs a face lift, maybe understandable as they are moving soon. Appetizers were very good, mains just ok. And what's with the walk your own coat up the stairs and down the hall? 3 people are standing at the Maitre D's station, but the old folks with a cane had to walk their own coats back. My companion met me at the table with her coat, the hostess refused to take it; she had to walk back through the restaurant, up the stairs and down the hall to check. It struck me and my companion as inhospitable, and we weren't the old folks! Other than that, the service was excellent.
- review of last sunday brunchchloeDined on 12/1/2013The food as usual was fabulous!!!! And the service impeccable! Every dish is perfection!!!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meal was great. All fingersOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/29/2013Meal was great. All fingers crossed that they find a new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lousy service at a high priceBT2504Dined on 11/29/2013Very disappointed. The food was very good. But at a restaurant of this caliber, I can't believe you don't get a proper server. We rarely saw the same server twice, and the one who took our orders could not speak enough English to communicate. We had questions about some items on the menu----the harried waiter seemed reluctant to answer, and he spoke so fast and in such heavily accented, halting English, I had no idea what he said. This continued throughout. Then, then bill required two (2) re-dos to remove a string of $20 glasses of wine we never ordered. The food was delicious, but overpriced---if you're paying $37-58 for an entree, other elements of the dining experience should be excellent. Not here.
- Food, service, wine and digestifsAlexVIPDined on 11/29/2013Food, service, wine and digestifs were excellent! The restaurant is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedchloDined on 11/28/2013The staff working in the cloak room was not friendly. No smiles or any greetings. Mixed up our jackets and our scarves were all over the floor. The food was really average. I am not a picky eater and I do not have high standards for food. I rarely spend $95 for a dinner but I can say that I've had something much better with a price way lower than this. I couldn't even finish half of my main and dessert. Overall, really disappointed and with a bill more than 230 makes it worse. . I hope the restaurant can work on the service and their menu. P.S They only realised that they forgot to give us table mats before dessert. I expect to have better service with that hefty price. The good thing was that the receptionist was really nice.
- ThanksgivingKatieGDined on 11/28/2013My husband, mom, & daughter ate here for this Thanksgiving. It was a pre-fixed holiday menu with a set rate which was a little pricy but not as high as some other restaurants I had looked at prior. The ambiance was beautiful! The staff was warm & welcoming and they were able to accommodate our early arrival & seat us. My daughter also had a pre-fixed rate & thoroughly enjoyed her meal and Shirley temples! The staff was knowledgeable in suggesting delicious wine pairing with our meals. Our service and meal was excellent! Our appetizers were regular seasonal menu items which included gnocchi, pumpkin soup, & tuna. These 3 were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special ThanksgivingSusDrxDined on 11/28/2013I went with a group of 6 right after the Macy's Day Parade and we loved it. The food was amazing, the ambiance was wonderful and the service impeccable. This was the best meal we had in NYC in terms of food and service.Special Features:
- lovely venue not so lovely foodfoodnyc2013Dined on 11/24/2013Park Ave Autumn was all looks but no substance. The food was American junk food well presented in a nice venue. Everything was deep fried, covered in fat & oil. My french toast was very greasy with a heavy sauce on top and maple syrup on the side. I hardly touched it. I won't go back there.Special Features:
- We arrived a half hour earlycrobVIPDined on 11/24/2013We arrived a half hour early and were seated promptly. Our server was knowledgeable, funny and efficient. The food was excellent. It is a shame that they will close at the end of the year.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2013The food here was great. Everything on the menu was phenomenal and I would highly recommend going there. The service was good. We had to ask about the specials, ask about the specially named items on the menu, had to ask for the check after sitting there for 15 minutes and the coffee ordered before dessert was served after the dessert came and after I had to remind the staff.Special Features: