Park Avenue Tavern
99 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Park Avenue Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkavenuetavernnyc.com/
- Phone: 2128674484x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday : 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shane Le Blanc
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Saturday and Sunday Brunch features $2 mimosas & half priced bottles of wine & champagne. 11:30am-3:00pm.
Thanksgiving Dinner - Thursday, November 27th 2014 starting at 11:30 am. 3-Course traditional thanksgiving menu for $45 per adult and $20 per child. Also serving our regular menu. Taking reservations now!
A word from Park Avenue Tavern
Park Avenue Tavern features Chef Shane Le Blanc serving traditional American cuisine with a contemporary twist. Our menu and decor is designed to provide our guests with an experience that is reminiscent of New York City's past, paired with modern day amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Avenue Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (26)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (17)neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (14)great for brunch (8)late-night find (5)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great steak, friendly service!musicisfoodDined on 10/11/2014The Park Avenue Tavern had a lovely atmosphere and our server was very friendly and accommodating, letting us switch from brussel sprouts to spinach as the accompanying vegetable for our steaks (which we both had!). The filet mignon steaks were a good size and very tasty. The prices were also reasonable compared to other restaurants and the Park Avenue Tavern is well-located, being close to Grand Central station, so only a short walk from most midtown hotels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too Noisy for DinnerK175VIPDined on 10/8/2014Went to meet my daughter for dinner on a Wed. night at 6:30 pm. "Energetic" does not begin to describe the noise level. The main room has a 4-sided bar with tables around the perimeter. It was so loud, the hostess kindly offered to bring us to a small back room, which turned out to be only slightly quieter, since it's only separated from the main room by a beaded curtain, and a party of 12 was soon seated near us. We both had steaks, which were good, as was the service. Might be good for lunch or brunch, but skip it if you want to be able to talk to your dinner companion.Special Features:
- GemrosecappyDined on 10/2/2014This place is a gem for midtown, great bar scene with excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Local FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014I was looking for a casual lunch place away from my office, yet within close proximity? I found this to be a happening place with good food. I've had the buffalo falafel balls ( think buffalo chicken wings) which were fantastic, the lobster roll which was delicious, hangar steak, lobster Mac and cheese and various salads. All the food has been excellent for a tavern. Service was surprisingly good with water constantly topped off even with a bottle of tap being given to you at your table. Martinis are well done and sized right. Overall I like this place and have added it to my regular rotation of lunch and dinner places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ap10708Dined on 9/28/2014Went into NYC to see a show and wanted a place away from the hustle and bustle of time square. This was perfect and not far from the theatres.Special Features:
- superb service!!watersideVIPDined on 9/20/2014we dined at PAT for an early dinner after a show. the staff and service was wonderful - everyone from the hostess to our waitress and the servers - everyone was very pleasant, friendly and attentive ... everyone was happy - very nice to see !! the crab cake was prepared perfectly and was very tasty and the pork chop was huge, moist and delicious!! fun pub atmosphere! once again, awesome staff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you ~~
- lunch south of Grand CentralTheWallStreetPoetVIPDined on 9/19/2014perfect spot for quick light business lunch if in vicinitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014great food and service. Nice location in a quiet area of NYCSpecial Features:
- MaryDined on 9/11/2014Note to those I've 50 years of- This is a happening place but if you want a conversation it is too loud for that.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerJeffVIPDined on 9/11/2014I was a single-diner on business. I ate at what seemed like primetime - the place was jammed - but service was impeccable and the food, although not ambitious, was perfectly prepared. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but bad servicenatalieDined on 8/23/2014Food was good and correctly priced. However the waitress was not nice, did not correctly take our order, food came too quickly etc.. food and atmosphere was good though. I ll try this place again..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot SpotrosecappyDined on 8/19/2014A cool place with great food and service. Try the any of the daily specials they are very goodSpecial Features:
- rosecappyDined on 8/12/2014The food is always very good especially the appetizers and the service should be rated #1 in NYCSpecial Features:
- Great food. Great vibe!JashimDined on 8/5/2014I loved the atmosphere and decor. Hostess and waiters/waitresses were very polite and courteous. Food was cooked perfectly! I WILL be back to the place again to try more things on their menu.Special Features:
- Lobster Roll Skimped on LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/28/2014My dining companion and I ordered the lobster roll for nineteen dollars. Came with potato chips and no other "sides". As someone who went to college in New England I have eaten more than a few lobster rolls in my life. I would say this one was a little short on lobster and a little long on celery. Was not impressed with the service and noise level was pretty high. I wouldn't choose this restaurant again.
- atmosphererosecappyDined on 7/2/2014Great food , service and atmosphere. I love the lobster role and flat bread pizzaSpecial Features:
- The following 186 reviews are from the Park Avenue Tavern reviews archive.
- Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Fab food, atmosphere, service & drinks!!! I'm sure the booths with taps would have been awesome but only a party of 2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choose another place to eatSteveDined on 6/17/2014Chose the Tavern for its proximity to my client's office. When booking advised them it was a business meeting lunch and asked them to confirm they had a quiet table. On phone they said we have quieter room in back; it was quitter but not for a business lunch. Soft shell crab special was so thick in breading you could not taste the crab. Servers were pleasant and did not rush us. No plans to return to this restaurant.
- Great findonthegoVIPDined on 6/16/2014Totally enjoyed the experience, service and food. Interesting combination of ingredients and preparations. Lots of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy!!! Not for dinner.SteveVIPDined on 6/12/2014This is a BAR. Not meant for dinner. It is very very loud. My husband and I were sitting across from each other and had to yell just so we could hear each other. This is a great place for young professionals to meet for a drink after work not for a couple to enjoy a dinner. The fried artichokes were excellent however, the rest was just fair.Special Features:
- Another great lunchRussFoodDined on 5/22/2014Come here for lunch (with reservation) and always have good food with great service.Special Features:
- Great BrunchDancingdashhDined on 5/18/2014Overall it was fantastic, from the service to the food and the drinks! Great brunch prices as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit the spotHulagirlDined on 5/18/2014I was concerned about this restaurant being crowded or slow, but neither were the case. The server was charming and funny, and checked in with us throughout our meal. Classic Sunday Brunch and lunch options; I had the eggs Benedict, hubby had the special omelet, daughter a chicken sandwich. Food was satisfying and well prepared, and our substitutions were all honored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute findRachroseDined on 5/16/2014Artichokes were delicious for a starter. Entree was beet and goat cheese salad with grilled salmon on top and also great. In the loud side but the music was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a place for a quiet dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/14/2014At 6PM on a weeknight, the place is extremely popular with a youngish loud crowd. Food was barely satisfactory. Obviously this is a spot for people with jobs in the neighborhood to decompress after their Park Avenue work day. Not a place to enjoy a meal before attending a concert at the Morgan Museum/Library! I will give credit to the service people who did their best to seat us far away from the bar, and who delivered food and drink promptly and courteously.Special Features:
- Food was great, service was slowAlissaVIPDined on 5/12/2014This place consistently has great food and used to have excellent service. I've noticed a decline in the demeanor and speed of the service. Looks like management needs to be better mentors.Special Features:
- DanElvisDined on 5/10/2014Very nice selection for brunch. Food was very good as was the service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so hotmyreviewsDined on 5/8/2014Went for dinner on. Thursday and it was so loud we could not even have a conversation , the hostess asked if we would like to sit in the back room where it was not as loud but that room is seperated from the bar with a beaded drape. Food was ok but not worth the loud noisy bar scene , it is more of a bar type restaurant and not a dinner place.Special Features:
- TerrificrosecappyDined on 5/8/2014The food is always outstanding and the services is second to none for a NYC restaurant. All of the servers are helpful, warm, friendly and always have a smile on their face. I recommended to all my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Near the Grand HyattOlinecVIPDined on 4/30/2014While this stretch of Park Avenue is busy, it also is the start of a residential area so it's a bit quieter. Park Avenue is a regular stop when I stay at the Grand Hyatt. The restaurant is nice, the area a bit calmer and the food great. Seafood stew, a special of the day, was perfect for the rainy cold day. Caesar salad was crisp and fresh. Service very good.Special Features:
- 1/2 price wine bottles on SundayCarolDined on 4/27/2014Went here on a Sunday evening. The lamb burger was cooked perfectly and was delicious. I was delightfully surprised that wine was 1/2 price. A NYC bargain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurant !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2014I did not put a 5 stars as the waitress took a long time to take our order.Special Features:
- A bite b4 train hoppingFoodieVIPDined on 4/20/2014A great place if you need to catch a train at Grand Central. The food was good especially the fries. The room is spacious with a huge bar in the middle. Downstairs looks like a fun place for a private party. The maitre'd was welcoming and friendly and the waitstaff attentive. We went on a Sunday evening and the place was very quiet but I hear it has a very lively happy hour scene during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night @ Grand CentralMysticfamDined on 4/12/2014We missed our dinner reservations earlier in the evening and came here for food at 11:30pm. They had their late-night menu at that time, but the food and drinks were good. It was a nice, casual atmosphere with several people still at the bar with we left at 12:30am. It wasn't a busy spot for a late Saturday night but it was easy to get in and out of. Also, it was easy to catch a cab from here. It's a short block or 2 from Grand Central.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food!JamieBVIPDined on 4/12/2014Ordered a grilled chicken sandwich - it came out ice cold. It was as if the chicken was right out of the fridge. The bacon on the side - cold! My friend's meatballs - he had to spit out since they were so bad. This seems like a great place for happy hour drinks, but I would avoid the food!
- A complete gem!LindaBDined on 4/12/2014I HIGHLY suggest making a reservation. Because we had 7pm theater tickets, we felt silly making a 5:15 dinner reservation, but we were so happy we did - we were seated at the best table in the house! Front windows open wide to the street - beautiful view. Waiter was VERY friendly & knowledgeable. We started with the cheese tray, where every cheese was fresh, delicious, and ample. Three people could easily share this. My husband got the hot ham & cheese sandwich & RAVED about it. I got the steak caesar. While this sounds simple, do NOT pass it up! Steak was tender, flavorful, & salad-base was perfect. Plus, with a 5:15 reservation, we had plenty of time to eat at our leisure and still make it to our 7pm show with plenty of time to spare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysRockShrimpBoyVIPDined on 4/8/2014Spinach artichoke chip is divine! Crispy artichoke special was awesome! Mac was decent! Lamb meatballs were nice, but more thanks to the sauces; the meatballs themselves were a bit dry. Merguez Burger is HIGHLY recommended! Nice Hendrick's Martini, though slightly meager on the pour. Couldn't taste a drop of liquor in the first drink on the specialty drink list; tasted like lightly-flavored water. I prefer the crowd on weekends. The after work crowd has tons of Corp Am types crowded around the bar. Quite loud. Though the servers do a really nice job of keeping an aisle between the booths and the crowd. Crowd thins out around 8:30...then picks up around 9:30 with more Corp Am types. Still, same great service and no hassle/rush dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hostess couldn't be moreTomTDined on 3/26/2014The hostess couldn't be more unprofessional and rude (and inappropriately dressed) but once seated the waitress and food couldn't of been better!Special Features:
- Decent Food, Unbearable NoiseJanetDined on 3/25/2014While our table was ready at the time of our 7 pm reservation, and the waitress was lovely and the food more than decent, the noise level was unbearable. I am a New Yorker, and used to noisy restaurants, but this was intolerable! Perhaps that's because it seems to be more geared to an after-work bar crowd (which sadly is not only loud but obnoxious and inconsiderate) than a dining crowd. I live and work in the neighborhood, and would love to have another casual, neighborhood spot to frequent, but with this level of noise Park Avenue Tavern is not it!
- Great Lunch spotLynnVIPDined on 3/21/2014I could see this place being a great happy hour place. Good menu. Pizzas were small but good. Appetizers delicious- spinach dip and aracini- yum. Salads were huge. It's a tiny place- so groups would be difficult.Special Features: