Park Avenue Tavern
99 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Park Avenue Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkavenuetavernnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 867-4484
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday : 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Shane Le Blanc
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Saturday and Sunday Brunch features $2 mimosas & half priced bottles of wine & champagne. 11:30am-3:00pm.
Thanksgiving Dinner - Thursday, November 27th 2014 starting at 11:30 am. 3-Course traditional thanksgiving menu for $45 per adult and $20 per child. Also serving our regular menu. Taking reservations now!
A word from Park Avenue Tavern
Park Avenue Tavern features Chef Shane Le Blanc serving traditional American cuisine with a contemporary twist. Our menu and decor is designed to provide our guests with an experience that is reminiscent of New York City's past, paired with modern day amenities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Avenue Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (20)hot spot (19)good for groups (17)great for brunch (8)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A bite b4 train hoppingFoodieVIPDined on 4/20/2014A great place if you need to catch a train at Grand Central. The food was good especially the fries. The room is spacious with a huge bar in the middle. Downstairs looks like a fun place for a private party. The maitre'd was welcoming and friendly and the waitstaff attentive. We went on a Sunday evening and the place was very quiet but I hear it has a very lively happy hour scene during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great late night @ Grand CentralMysticfamDined on 4/12/2014We missed our dinner reservations earlier in the evening and came here for food at 11:30pm. They had their late-night menu at that time, but the food and drinks were good. It was a nice, casual atmosphere with several people still at the bar with we left at 12:30am. It wasn't a busy spot for a late Saturday night but it was easy to get in and out of. Also, it was easy to catch a cab from here. It's a short block or 2 from Grand Central.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad food!JamieBVIPDined on 4/12/2014Ordered a grilled chicken sandwich - it came out ice cold. It was as if the chicken was right out of the fridge. The bacon on the side - cold! My friend's meatballs - he had to spit out since they were so bad. This seems like a great place for happy hour drinks, but I would avoid the food!
- A complete gem!LindaBDined on 4/12/2014I HIGHLY suggest making a reservation. Because we had 7pm theater tickets, we felt silly making a 5:15 dinner reservation, but we were so happy we did - we were seated at the best table in the house! Front windows open wide to the street - beautiful view. Waiter was VERY friendly & knowledgeable. We started with the cheese tray, where every cheese was fresh, delicious, and ample. Three people could easily share this. My husband got the hot ham & cheese sandwich & RAVED about it. I got the steak caesar. While this sounds simple, do NOT pass it up! Steak was tender, flavorful, & salad-base was perfect. Plus, with a 5:15 reservation, we had plenty of time to eat at our leisure and still make it to our 7pm show with plenty of time to spare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysRockShrimpBoyVIPDined on 4/8/2014Spinach artichoke chip is divine! Crispy artichoke special was awesome! Mac was decent! Lamb meatballs were nice, but more thanks to the sauces; the meatballs themselves were a bit dry. Merguez Burger is HIGHLY recommended! Nice Hendrick's Martini, though slightly meager on the pour. Couldn't taste a drop of liquor in the first drink on the specialty drink list; tasted like lightly-flavored water. I prefer the crowd on weekends. The after work crowd has tons of Corp Am types crowded around the bar. Quite loud. Though the servers do a really nice job of keeping an aisle between the booths and the crowd. Crowd thins out around 8:30...then picks up around 9:30 with more Corp Am types. Still, same great service and no hassle/rush dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The hostess couldn't be moreTomTDined on 3/26/2014The hostess couldn't be more unprofessional and rude (and inappropriately dressed) but once seated the waitress and food couldn't of been better!Special Features:
- Decent Food, Unbearable NoiseJanetDined on 3/25/2014While our table was ready at the time of our 7 pm reservation, and the waitress was lovely and the food more than decent, the noise level was unbearable. I am a New Yorker, and used to noisy restaurants, but this was intolerable! Perhaps that's because it seems to be more geared to an after-work bar crowd (which sadly is not only loud but obnoxious and inconsiderate) than a dining crowd. I live and work in the neighborhood, and would love to have another casual, neighborhood spot to frequent, but with this level of noise Park Avenue Tavern is not it!
- Great Lunch spotLynnVIPDined on 3/21/2014I could see this place being a great happy hour place. Good menu. Pizzas were small but good. Appetizers delicious- spinach dip and aracini- yum. Salads were huge. It's a tiny place- so groups would be difficult.Special Features:
- Good findMullDaddy06Dined on 3/19/2014I have walked past this spot numerous times and never noticed it. I was in a pinch for time and location so I chose this restaurant at the last minute. The Tavern saved the night. Food was great as was the service it's not a 4star NYC great, but for Midtown East it's a real find worthy of your time. I would bet lunch is just as good.Special Features:
- Work LunchFreshiesVIPDined on 3/17/2014Met a friend for lunch on St. Paddy's day. While crowd was enjoying the festivities, the service, noise and food remained great. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was pleasantDanmoore23Dined on 3/15/2014I was seeing an old friend who was in town for a few days. We met for brunch Saturday, sat near the windows and had a good meal and good conversation. It was a convenient location and the Eggs Benedict was very good. Coffee cups were always as full as they should be and our waitress was attentive and pleasant. Would return on the weekend. May stop by to see what it is like after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable nightTavaraDined on 3/8/2014Service was great. Quick and attentive. The mussels and crab cake app were excellent. Tartare could have had more flavor and been colder. The tavern burger and hanger steak were cooked to perfection but the pork chop, which was supposed to be medium per the advice of our server, was rare. Had to send it back to get re-fired. Took some time to get it back. The salmon over the salad was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for LunchSRobbinsDined on 3/3/2014Had lunch here with a business colleague and it was a good experience. I had the crabcake sandwich which is served with a side of potato chips(American version of chips). Crabcake was amazing. Wish they had asked me what kind of side I prefer as I am not a fan of potato chips. But they were the kettle chips so not too bad. Over all I would say its not a 5, but defiantly great for a casual atmosphere with fellow professionals. I would give it a 4.Special Features:
- MarcoVIPDined on 2/28/2014Solid food and great service. Very crowded at dinner time but great for lunch. Even better during the summer when the windows are wide openSpecial Features:
- Great brunch place!DolceVSVIPDined on 2/22/2014Love the seasonal pancake fillings! All brunch items I've eaten have been very tasty. Notable ones are pastrami hash, crushed potatoes, bacon and obviously the pancakes! Love that this place isn't super packed for brunch either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Lively BarJamie2499VIPDined on 2/19/2014I am always surprised by how crowded this bar is during the week (even on a Monday or Tuesday) so I have been looking forward to going. The food was very good (I had the burger and a side of spinach and my friend had the steak). The prices for the food and wine were average for NYC. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very average andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/31/2014Food was very average and the Tavern has virtually no heat , so the experience is overall very poor...lots of other excellent options in this area.
- Serving Up a Good BrunchAndyDined on 1/25/2014This after work hot spot with a great location has recently added brunch to their food offerings. I've only come here for drinks before but decided to try it out for brunch on a recommendation. The place wasn't busy at all so we got a great seat next to the window and I was very pleased with the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodNYCvisitorDined on 1/22/2014We made a reservation and I'm glad we did. Very busy spot with small tables. But the service was excellent and the food very good. And the prices were very reasonable for NYC. Extremely convenient to Grand Central and to the Grand Hyatt (where we stayed). Would go there again.
- We were looking for a placeSuzanneVIPDined on 1/10/2014We were looking for a place for a late night light dinner close to our hotel and this spot was great...the food and our waitress were great and would certainly return. The one slight drawback was that it was extremely loud so it made it very difficult to carry on any kind of a conversation.....as the night wore on and the crowd diminished ever so lightly it seemed to get a bit better.Special Features:
- Always reliably good food,SaraVIPDined on 1/3/2014Always reliably good food, very fresh ingredients. My only complaint is during weekday evenings it has a very busy bar crowd so dining conversation is very challenging.Special Features:
- Always good...a happy place to be!!MMMMKVIPDined on 12/20/2013Even at this time of year, with all the hustle and bustle, with a reservation, you are extended a warm greeting by the lovely hostesses and you're set to go!! Whether you want a perfect hamburger or their winter kale salad, the food is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good good and good atmosphereNYCUWSVIPDined on 12/16/2013The soups are delicious and a healthy portion. The mussels and fries are a treat and definitely worth the wait. Good restaurant and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday cheer at Park Avenue TavernLuLuBVIPDined on 12/16/2013Great job by the team at Patk Avenue Tavern! Such a great midtown location with great energy and vibes. Enjoy the holidays at this marvelous location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service, very goodNoVATravelerDined on 12/13/2013Very good service, very good food with a busy, crowded lively bar. Noise levels high with sound reflecting off of hard ceilings and windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent business lunch spot...Monty1206VIPDined on 12/5/2013Quick but consistent quality, great, friendly outgoing staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good solid lunch place1983GONYRVIPDined on 12/3/2013Dined for first time. The service was excellent. Our food came out very quickly and it was tasty. A very efficient lunch place. Noise level wasn't too high which allowed for conversation. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and cozytaccfdDined on 11/28/2013This was a comfortable restaurant, pleasant employees that made it obvious they enjoyed there job. The food was excellent and plentiful, the self taps in the lower level was fun and enjoyable. The decor makes all customers feel at home. This is and will become a favorite when I make my visits to new York City in the future. Excellent ambience and noise level is acceptable.Special Features:
- Consistently Good & EnjoyableMiltonpaulDined on 11/25/2013I have been to Park Avenue Tavern many times for lunch. I have never had a complaint, and have always appreciated the service, ambience, menu and food quality. This is a well-run, special and especially nice place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/24/2013Great food. Relatively quiet with football in the background (which was fine for us on a Sunday evening). Service is very friendly and makes you feel like a regular guest. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Just "Fine"Jude8VIPDined on 11/6/2013Met a client there for lunch. It's close to the Grand Central area where he works and I'd read some reviews of the restaurant which all seemed to give Park Avenue Tavern a fairly positive review. The room is loud and the food was ok... nothing special or memorable. We had beet salad, bland tomato soup, a charcuterie plate, and arancini. This feels like an after work place where people meet for a loud bar scene experience. The food is an after thought. It's unfortunate because that's an area that could use a great restaurant.Special Features:
- Always AmazingAnnaVIPDined on 11/1/2013Love Park Avenue Tavern. The food and drinks are always great. They also deliver excellent service. It's a very popular place for happy hour so can be crowded and loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The steak sandwich was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/29/2013The steak sandwich was good, and my friedn hada very large caesar salad that was nice. Great spot for lunhc, would love to ty it at dinner too. A little pricey for whatit was, but the ambience and interior was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Oh That NoiseProfSVIPDined on 10/15/2013Good pub. Small but good menu. Bar scene "sounded" great. Suggest lunch or (very) late dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real disappointmentPLFoodieDined on 10/4/2013It was recommended by our hotel. Even though it wasn't busy at 2:45 pm, the server was indifferent at best. Long waits for everything--menu, drinks & food. My salad had beets, along with many other ingredients, but I didn't expect that 50% of it would be large chunks of beets. Marinated goat cheese had good creamy texture but little flavor. Crab cake nothing to write home about. Chicken entree quite good. Our main issues were with the service.
- Great place.JgiffyVIPDined on 10/1/2013This is an awesome place for drinks. If there for business dinner ask for corner table as it is noisy. The spinach artichoke dip is to for forSpecial Features:
- A great spot near Grand CentralSaraVIPDined on 9/13/2013One of my favorite places in the neighborhood; only criticism is the chef is heavy handed with salt. Not for the noise-sensitive during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my very favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2013One of my very favorite restaurants. Great food and reasonable prices ! I have loved every meal I have had there !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great Owners, Great !JamesVIPDined on 9/4/2013This place is always a winner with owners who are there and engaged. Food is always good and reasonable (it is on Park Ave). Have a reservation, it is aways full and the bar is always alive with locals and 30's somethings after work. Go, its a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemMichaelDined on 8/25/2013Nice neighborhood diamond in the rough. Stuffed chicken, mussels, Filet, Soft shelled crab all excellent! 50% off bottles of wine on Sundays makes it well worth the trip. Good energy!Special Features: