Park Avenue Autumn
360 Park Avenue South
New York, NY 10010Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Park Avenue Autumn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parkavenyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 951-7111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday Dinner: 5:30pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Zene Flinn, Benkei O'Sullivan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Park Avenue Autumn
The acclaimed restaurant Park Avenue Autumn has returned to the Nomad neighborhood of Manhattan, just in time to herald the season’s arrival. This casual, accessible version of the classic concept brings to life the seasonal premise of the restaurant with a physical design, cuisine, and beverage program that completely change with the season. Park Avenue alumni Zene Flinn and Benkei O’Sullivan (Frankie’s Spuntino, ABC Kitchen) collaborated to create the autumn-inspired menu that transitions from the celebrating the last of summer’s produce to focusing on techniques like roasting and braising. Autumn dishes include The Autumn Haystack Salad with Crispy Shrimp, Halibut with Black Truffles and Briche-Crusted Poached Egg, and Pork Chop Schnitzel with Pear-Rosemary Mostarda and Capers. Other summer favorites make appearances, like Fig Carpaccio with Hoja Santa Goat Cheese and Smoked Almonds and Tarte Flambée for Two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Park Avenue Autumn reviews from OpenTable diners
205 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (133)special occasion (112)good for groups (86)romantic (71)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (48)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (34)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (19)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- JannVIPDined on 11/22/20149pm Saturday night, the four of us were seated immediately. An amuse bouche & pumpkin bread was served. We shared Crispy Shrimp Haystack & Kale & Manchego Salad. Mains were Scallops, Branzino, Artic Char & Skirt Steak. Everyone liked their mains. The Crispy shrimp was very good. The Kale in the salad required too much chewing. Crème brulee was a pleasant finish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New location, same great quality foodmsbnyVIPDined on 11/20/2014I have always appreciated Park Avenue Autumn (Winter, Summer & Spring). I appreciate that the menu is seasonally conscious and that there is a such a diversity, such great choices in the menu. I have not had a bad meal here. My most recent visit at their newly opened Park Avenue South location, I had the shrimp haystack appetizer followed by the truffled halibut. Both were delicious dishes; the haystack fresh and bright, and the halibut full of aroma, perfectly cooked, thoroughly satisfying. The desserts were a bonus to our great meal; sticky toffee pudding and the maple bourbon pecan pie. Both excellent, evil, addictive desserts. Hope to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good as former location!tc436VIPDined on 11/19/2014Wonderful food and beautiful ambiance. I had the branzino, broccoli cheetos, brussel sprouts, and pudding. Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not like the originalStivVIPDined on 11/19/2014When I would go to dinner at the original location, it was a special event with beautiful decor and good food. I was hoping for the same thing at the new location - however, it just felt like General Assembly (former restaurant in the location) with some leaves put on the wall. Food was just ok, service wasn't good at all. Not worth the price either.
- Delicious, fresh, unique food combinations.ebwpVIPDined on 11/18/2014Our dinner was superb. All of our orders were delicious, seasonal (obviously), unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!DCCMPADined on 11/16/2014Having loved every dining experience at all 4 seasons at Park Avenue on the upper east side, we made our reservations at the new location with great anticipation; and the new location did not disappoint! The space is fantastic, the decor amazing and the food and wine sensational. The staff seems friendlier and the atmosphere less stuffy than the previous iteration. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at the new Park Avenue Autumn. The Coriander Crusted Branzino with gingered carrots may have been the tastiest meal ever! We can hardly wait for "Winter" in 2 weeks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful AutumnlehungryotterDined on 11/16/2014I had seen Park Avenue Autumn on pretty much every "Top --- NYC Restaurants of 2014," so I finally made my way over on a Sunday for brunch. I actually originally went so I could taste the In N Out style burger for lunch, but on Sunday, it was just the brunch menu. At first, I was a little bit bummed that I wouldn't be tasting that burger, but brunch did not disappoint. On the contrary, it was so delicious, I'm hoping to go back for brunch again soon. The first thing was monkey bread - oh my goodness, melts in your mouth. I got the Smoke Salmon Bucatini, which is one of the tastiest things I've had in NYC - the texture and flavors are amazing. For my main course, I got the Truffle Polenta - incredibly flavorful. Apart from the food, the interior is really a beautiful spectacle - it's decorated to match Autumn (namesake), making for a gorgeous spot. Hopefully I get to go back again but try the burger next time :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchjpeteVIPDined on 11/16/2014The brunch was way above expectations. The quantity and quality of the selections were impressive. The service we received was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good in new locationJojogo1VIPDined on 11/15/2014I have been to Park Avenue many times in the UES. This is my first time in the new location. If you have great memories of the other location, I wouldn't come here. The food was mediocre the service was very rushed, and it just does not have the same Intimate, romantic feel as before. The restaurant is twice as big now with 3 or 4 different rooms. if you do go, request the main room. That one's the best looking. They used to have a fantastic pastry chef, obviously she has left. I will not be back.Special Features:
- Fabulous new venue; same great foodSixSigmaBBVIPDined on 11/14/2014Was so sad when one of my top 5 favorites in Manhattan closed many months ago. Absolutely ecstatic it is back open, even closer to where I work, and still top drawer. The "autumn" interior design way outdoes the former "autumns" at the upper Park Ave. address, in a much larger venue that somehow manages to be more cozy that the original. The haystack shrimp salad appetizer is still so incredible with it's bursts of different flavors and textures that I can't seem to order any other appetizer in the fall. The duck was perfectly done. The table dish of lightly coated slices of Delicata squash made you want a basketful of them to eat like chips. The Lillet Cup with muddled strawberries and mint is a refreshing start and the Chocolate Cube is always a decadent ending.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Park Avenue AutumnCleoVIPDined on 11/14/2014Menu has changed from last location Restaurant seems nosier Service not what it was before Enjoyable, but not a rurry back toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good burgerYossarianDined on 11/14/2014Came for lunch for the burger and wasn't disappointed. Service is a bit slow, but not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the most pleasant places you will ever dineWalkerRangerDined on 11/12/2014From the decor to the food presentation, you will be hard pressed to find something better. The staff is great from the time you walk in the door. Menu simple but elegant, the taste is perfection. A true gem among resturants. While many in New York like to think of themselves as a NEW YORK resturant, many fall short. Autumn, exceeds in every aspect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GatorjoshDined on 11/9/2014Almost all of the brunch main course options were egg dishes. The menu did not fully describe the dishes, so we had to send back the haystack because of cilantro and did not like one of the main courses, which had brie and hazelnuts. Service was very good, but we were disappointed as it compares to the brunch autumn menu at the last location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience on Saturday nightFoodieVIPDined on 11/8/2014Food was better than old location, no issue waiting for table, table location fine and service was fine also. The flambé tarte was excellent as was duck and halibut. Good wine and beer choices and cocktails. To me was preferable to old location.Special Features:
- met all expectationsexploringfoodieDined on 11/8/2014a beautiful ambiance and welcoming staff, efficient and responsive. i.e. main course arrived just as we finished the salad after specifically asking to dine leisurely. the manager quickly came, apologized and removed the main course, later adding a complementary side dish and glass of champagne with dessert. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014The restaurant was very chic and we were greeted pleasantly and seated immediately. Unfortunately, while we were served bread and a amuse bouche by a busboy, after about 10 minutes we had to ask the busboy to send the waiter over so we could order drinks. After that, service was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and beautiful ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is a great treat for a nice festive dinner with friends and family. The pork chop was the best entree and waiters and staff were very helpful and generous with time and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best serviceNYNJVIPDined on 11/1/2014We looked forward to dinner at Park Avenue Autumn as we very much enjoyed the restaurant at its prior location. The food was very good, but the service not. Upon arriving for an early reservation at an almost empty restaurant, the hostess first tried to seat us directly next to one of the few occupied tables, then behind the service bar, then in the bar area. We complained several times before getting an acceptable table (again - empty restaurant). Add to this the fact that I ordered cider (which ran $12-14), we were informed by the waiter that two of my choices were not in stock, he recommended another, and when we received the bill it was $25, and I doubt we'll be going back. Food was good, but what we remember is the off service.
- Great Addition to the NeighborhoodTonyVIPDined on 10/31/2014I have eaten at this restaurant each season when they were located uptown. In their move downtown, the food has only improved. Everything was well prepared. The atmosphere is lovely. The rooms are spacious. The service is outstanding. I can't wait to try winter, spring and fall.Special Features:
- MarlenedcVIPDined on 10/31/2014The chef seems to have a sweet tooth, lots of dishes tinged with sweetness. My halibut was simply grilled and perfect, accompanied by spinach that had hot pepper added, interesting surprise. My appetizer was the hamachi or raw tuna over a sweet slaw type salad. it was very tasty but too sweet for my friend. The shrimp haystack appetizer was also good but a bit too much cilantro added. The chicken dish was unevenly cooked, one pece was cooked perfectly the other was very fatty. The scallops also were too sweet.Special Features:
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2014We went to Park Avenue Autumn looking to marvel at the Autumn-ness of the decor and the menu. The menu definitely delivered, and while the decor was autumnal, I don't think Winter or the other seasons will look so wildly different. There was a lot of foliage around, but I somehow was expecting more. That said, the service was good, the food was delicious - my group of 7 was happy.Special Features:
- GregVIPDined on 10/29/2014Try the potato latkes and turkey sausage appetizerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to the neighborhoodArw1VIPDined on 10/28/2014Always loved it when it was uptown. Even better now. More relaxed atmosphere. Food was great. Looking forward to Park Avenue Winter next.Special Features:
- Somewhat DisappointedValdawnDined on 10/27/2014Restaurant was noisy like all new restaurants. Did not see from the décor how they would make meaningful changes for the change in seasons. Was disappointed that there were remnants from the previous restaurant like the entrance vestibule and the stairs to the rest rooms, which looked old, worn out, and ready for refurbishing. I would go back for the food if I were to be in the neighborhood but would not go out of my way.Special Features:
- ExcellentUwsfoodieDined on 10/27/2014From the first bite of fresh pumpkin bread to the last bite of creme brulee.. and every mouth watering bite in between. This place gets 5 stars from this foodie. I took a large group of clients here for lunch and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Park Avenue Cafe ReduxBestFFDined on 10/26/2014Park Avenue Café was hands down our favorite special occasion restaurant, so we were delighted to learn of its recent reincarnation. At first the Park Ave. South/East 26th St. venue seemed a tad cavernous. But the enthusiasm of the friendly young staff soon recreated the same warm dining experience we'd come to expect at the original uptown location. The changing seasons theme remains. The dishes and drinks are still delicious and a little adventurous, and the price points--while higher--continue to provide you with a bang for your buck. We're happy our old favorite is back, and look forward to many more visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/25/2014I selected this restaurant to celebrate a special occasion and was extremely disappointed. What could have been a lovely evening in a unique environment dragged on due to the extremely poor and slow service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014There were 5 of us and we all loved it!! Great sole. Good wines, etcSpecial Features:
- Highly recommended!nnulucDined on 10/25/2014I have been here before, but at the older location. This location though was so much more beautiful. Everyone- from the wait staff to (what i believe to be) the managers, etc were so attentive (but not overly so!) and kind. It was actually my mothers birthday (which they didn't know) but it honestly seemed like I had called ahead to let them know it was a special occasion. Even my father who generally has to criticize at least 1 thing, was happy and had no negative words for the evening. Additionally, we were there around 6/7 and though there were tables filled, it was never too loud where you felt like you were screaming.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!JenGDined on 10/24/2014Did not disappoint! Fantastic food and very professional, attentive service. Will be back for every season!Special Features:
- dinnerdateVIPDined on 10/22/2014I ate often at paa when it was uptown. since I was seated in the what I will call cafe section, It didn't seem like fall. I will go again but will ask that my table is in the regular section. Food was very good. Duck cooked to perfection and my favorite chocolate cube I'm happy to say is still on the menu.Special Features:
- CarlVIPDined on 10/21/2014We loved the old location, but this is even better, with the same great setting , service and food.Special Features:
- Yummy and fitperkypatDined on 10/21/2014I love to see kale in menu especially when it tastes so good :-) I had also steak AND hamburgher, Park Avenue Autumn is a new reason to crave for a New York trip.Special Features:
- Nice, but not what it wasEYEWANTMOREVIPDined on 10/20/2014Well, we'd been to Park Avenue "Autumn" awhile back, but this was our first time since they moved southward. The experience wasn't the same. Venue's not as elegant, seasonal decorations were significantly less imaginative. Food still solid (Dover Sole and Halibut were both good). It was our anniversary, and we asked for a nice table - many tables available. Were seated next to the noisy bar window. A complementary glass of champagne (happy anniversary) did not assuage the insult. There was a very long break between salad and entree, prompting two more freebie glasses of wine in apology - (hic!) All in all, the magic was gone. Probably won't go back. Too many other restaurants of similar calibre that offer more.Special Features:
- so glad it's backOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/19/2014I am thrilled that this restaurant has returned and is closer to my home! We took my mom out for a wonderful birthday dinner. The food was excellent. There were a few small issues with service (our side dish came out a little after our main dishes and they forgot my husband's second drink) but otherwise, it was perfect! And we got a second dessert compliments of the house! I can't wait for another chance to eat there.Special Features:
- Glad it back but needs workWWaltonGDined on 10/19/2014The move down Park refreshes the look and attitude. That's good. The staff is energetic and wants you to like the place. But the food is dressed up with no place to go. Uninspired seasonal combinations that sound a lot better than they taste. That may be OK if the top tier prices did not create expectations of something special. There is one thing so special it is worth the trip--the Choc. Cube. Their classic desert is an unmatched treat for anyone who thinks they know and love choc.
- mt61343Dined on 10/19/2014We went for brunch and wanted to order off lunch menu and were told we couldnt. The service was slow and the food was just ok. Nothing exceptional. For desert the restaurant also added a deleicous chocolate cube which I didnt order or ask for and they charged me $15. Didnt want to disrupt my guests so I said nothing, but thought that was low class
- Friendly Foodie FindOmshanti57Dined on 10/19/2014Fantastic experience from beginning to end. Down to earth, professional wait staff with an eye to menu details. Would highly recommend since the neighborhood is vibrant and the atmosphere and aesthetics are exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Welcome Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Happy to see Park Avenue Autumn back this season. Can't wait to be a regular.Special Features: