2200 W. Main Street
Durham, NC 27705Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parizadedurham.com/
- Phone: 9192869712
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Robert Adams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They offer small and large catering options, from deliveries to full off-site catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: They offer three areas. The Board Room is fully private, 20ppl. The Club is fully private with a private bar and bathrooms, 60ppl. The Courtyard is fully private with a waterfall and trees, 250ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer McGowan 9192869712
A word from Parizade
Parizade is Mediterranean inspired culinary creations. A vast open kitchen spans the length of the restaurant. Surreal art by Henryk Fantazos adorns the walls and ceiling. Parizade is truly the crowning jewel of Giorgios Hospitality Group. *Large parties, please call the restaurant at 919-286-9712*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Parizade - Best Restaurants in Durham ›
Parizade reviews from OpenTable diners
158 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (99)fit for foodies (96)good for groups (71)romantic (64)great for outdoor dining (61)neighborhood gem (56)notable wine list (51)great for lunch (36)great for brunch (16)hot spot (15)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (9)scenic view (8)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014We took a group of 6 friends to dinner to say thank you. Everyone's food was excellent. The service was very good, and they did a good job with the group. Everyone's food cane out at the same time, hot, properly cooked, tasty. We were a happy bunch. There were two other large table there that night-- a birthday party and a professional group. They looked happy too. Even with three groups, the service was prompt and it wasn't noisy. This is also a good place for couples or friends to have a reliably very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection in every sense!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 10/14/2014Every 4-6 weeks, I select a restaurant, pick my friends up & take them to an unknown destination. Most of my choices have been to places they have never dined before. I have always loved Parizade but this dinner in particular was memorable for a number of reasons. First, the food was outstanding. All of us were very pleased with our salads, entrees & the coffee/dessert. Service was impeccable thanks to Hassan who was very attentive to our needs. He was charming, polite & the consummate professional. He made the difference between a dining experience that wasn't simply about good food but a dining experience that sets Parizade apart from all others. The evening was perfection from beginning to end thanks to Hassan and the kitchen.Special Features:
- one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014certainly expensive, but worth the price for a nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!MaggieDined on 10/10/2014We found this restaurant to have wonderful food and service! I recommend highly ..Special Features:
- Food left a little to be desiredDrewDined on 10/9/2014Enjoyed a nice evening with my wife celebrating our anniversary. The ambience and service was excellent but I was disappointed with the lack of a vegetarian appetizer option and the porter house stake was only "decent" in my opinion. Desert and drinks were very good. I expect more for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and servicelovetoeatDined on 10/9/2014Went for a bite to eat prior to show at DPAC. Food was amazing and service was equally as good. Fresh selection of season dishes, perfect portions and bursting with flavor. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Amazing food and atmosphere!DarlaDined on 10/8/2014I took my mom out for her birthday and we sat outside. The waiter was professional, the food amazing, trendy atmosphere, and the dessert was to die for! I highly recommend!Special Features:
- DisappointedDaveVIPDined on 10/7/2014We do not live in the area but Parizade has always been a favorite when visiting. We were very disappointed with our meals this week. The beautiful filet of Scottish salmon was cooked exactly to order but unfortunately was cold by the time it was served. The Cioppino broth and crusty bread was great but the lobster tasted as though it was cooked days ago (dry and chewy). Service was very good and our chocolate desert was wonderful. Not sure if we will return.
- Incredible food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Our server was amazing as was the food and they accommodated anything we asked! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCarydinersDined on 10/4/2014My wife had the salmon and I had the flounder we both found the dishes to be bland. The wine was the best part of dinner.
- Great night!GoodeatsinDurhamDined on 9/26/2014I admit it, Parizade had fallen off of my radar. But a friend of mine suggested lunch a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. So I decided to have my husband's birthday dinner there. The food was really good. I had a whole fish that was fillet table side, the appetizers were good but perhaps could've been a little more generous in terms of portion. We only got two bruschetta in the order, not really enough to share among the table. The calamari was crispy but came with greens in the bowl. Otherwise, however, dinner was uniformly praised. We were a table of 8 and the waiters were attentive. I've liked the wine selection because they had a good selection of $30-$40 wines. All in all we had a wonderful time and I will return.Special Features:
- Parizade is Special Every Time!MyView4UDined on 9/22/2014Whether taking international clients to dinner, meeting friends at brunch, or celebrating my wife's birthday ... Parizade is special every time! The food is excellent, the menu offers variety with a few unique specialties, the service is upbeat and professional, which together adds up to a consistently high quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerredhead70Dined on 9/21/2014My husband, myself and 2 friends thoroughly enjoyed our special birthday dinner. Food and service were wonderful as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Every time I have been, the food has been delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Travel4foodVIPDined on 9/20/2014We sat outside for dinner and ordered from the DPAC theatre price fixed menu. Always good food, good service.Special Features:
- PreShow Diningnealou812Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner before Dpac show. Steak was great! desert was great! Service was great! Overall Great.Special Features:
- Excellent Pre Theatre DiningJeanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Based on recommendations from DPAC, we four from out of town chose Parizade for our pre-theatre dinner and found ourselves extremely satisfied. Salads, appetizers and entrees were all excellent: the lamb chops are amazing and all four were very happy with the entire meal.Special Features:
- Sadly not againSeismiccatDined on 9/19/2014Had lunch with friends and was sorry we brought them to Parizode. The risotto was crunchy and had to be returned, the hamburger had more bread than meat with scarce fried onions, the potatoes appeared to have been hanging around a while and the side salad was $5 for a pile of greens. It's sad because it used to great for lunch and dinner. On a bright note, the wait staff was great as was the ambience.
- Great Food and Great ServiceQueen96Dined on 9/17/2014This was my first time dining at Parizade. I will definitely be back. The ribeye was so tender and perfectly seasoned. The wait staff was very attentive. Definitely a place to celebrate a special occasion!!Special Features:
- ConsistentTVHGDined on 9/10/2014As always, the food was excellent and the atmosphere welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avoid the buffetfood23Dined on 9/7/2014I was unfortunate to have made a reservation on a night they had a buffet, who knew. 29 dollars was too much. Most of the food was cold and the 12 dollar sangria cocktail was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townYummyTummyDined on 9/7/2014Parizade is consistently my family's go to spot for lazy lunches or celebration nights. The staff are knowledgeable and the service impeccable. Plenty of options on the menu for vegetarians or meat eaters. Can go pasta yummy or light salad-y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek NightKatinaDined on 9/7/2014Delicious array of wonderful Greek favorites with the ambiance of a Greek island at night...Special Features:
- Greek FestivalGlad2bHereVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food and the weather cooperated. Fantastic selection with no upper limit and everything was prepared as expected. Nice Greek wines and music made for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Consistently High QualityxpatsuitcaseDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten at Parizade several times and are never disappointed. This time we particularly enjoyed the courtyard and fountain. The calamari appetizer and the lemon gnocchi appetizer were absolutely excellent. We also had two pasta dishes (duck and lamb) and both were good and well proportioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParizadeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent food. Nice decor with an open concept--greek themed food but seemed a bit Italian for decor. Not too noisy despite the high ceilings. Tables a bit close together so privacy with conversations not always possible with someone sitting right next to you. Waitress seemed to need a bit more experience--unable to pronounce most of the specials without difficulty. Never asked if we wanted appetizers or salads to start dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!SaliceDined on 9/2/2014We requested outdoor seating and were pleasantly surprised when our party of 5 (including my 88 year old mother) were seated in the courtyard. The service was friendly, attentive and relaxed. We spent a lovely two and a half hours enjoying the food, the service, the ambiance and each other. It couldn't have been better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, hefty price tagkpmooreDined on 8/29/2014We went here for the summer tasting menu billed as a living social. ( I felt somewhat perturbed to learn that my "excellent deal" was actually the standard price for the summer tasting menu, and it was just a lure to get me in ). The good: Attentive service with excellent dinner recommendations. Excellently crafted entreés and expertly designed desserts. Summer tasting menu, triangle restaurant week menu, and theater menu are all great values. The bad: Appetizers were average, cocktails were terrible, and regular prices were offensive. Décor was fun but also somewhat tacky. Will probably come back for Triangle Restaurant week to get the dinner and dessert.Special Features:
- Not the Best but Still GoodBigelowDined on 8/29/2014When we arrived it seemed to take a while before our waitress came to our table. I had purchased our dinners through a LivingSocial deal so I presented printouts of the confirmation forms which she collected. We were given special fixed price menus. I had the grilled octopus which did not appear to be grilled and was rather chewey in a lemony garlic aioli. I then had the caprese salad which consisted of two slices of tomato with two slices of fresh mozzarella with some arugula in the center with a strange sweet and sour dressing. For my main dish I got the seafood paella but was disappointed to find a rather bland mix of seafood with keilbasa sausage! The rice was yellow but I don't think it had any saffron in it. Overall it not great.Special Features:
- Not as good as previous visitsDaleDineDined on 8/26/2014I've been to Parizade a few times now. It's a favorite of a client of mine, and I must say that the meals I've had there in the past were great. This time, however, the tuna tartare tasted fishy (anyone who knows fish, knows that this is NOT the sign of fresh fish - and come on - its served raw so it MUST be fresh to be safe). The server asked the desired temp on my Berkshire pork chop - I ordered medium - it was served well-done, tough and dry.Special Features:
- Still a winner!GMFavoritesDined on 8/25/2014I have eaten at Parizade many times and it is a favorit for fine adult dining. On Monday evening I took a business visitor there and had a great experience. To start with Georgio himself met us at the door and welcomed us in. He recommended an outdoor table on a beautiful evening just at sunset. While waiting a couple of minutes for our table he surprised us with a complimentary glass of nice white wine. Our dishes of sea bass (fileted tableside) and Australian lamb were superb. Our waitress, a very pleasant and mature young lady, had studied in England in my friend's town, so they had fun sharing stories. Food, service and atmosphere were great, topped off by the exceptional treatment by the owner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hpnurseDined on 8/24/2014Used a living social deal and had summer tasting menu there. Food was great and wine was very good. We sat at the bar.Special Features:
- Excellent .. againTVHGDined on 8/21/2014Always pleased with lunch at Parizade ... food is great, staff are helpful/friendly, and the environment is welcomingSpecial Features:
- fabulous deal for summer suppersrmsrnDined on 8/19/2014the choice for the summer suppers was wonderful, beautifully presented and prepared. My first visit, have encouraged others to try this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dwayne SayreSayreVIPDined on 8/18/2014We come here on Monday nights for our date night. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Durham favoritessophoclesDined on 8/16/2014Parizade continues its fine menu, reasonable pricing and decent wine list (the $11 glass of blended Malbec was outstanding). The interior ambiance is a bit too lively for me, but our need for a quiet table was met by an outdoor table - perfect, on the balmy North Carolina evening. It provided my companion and me time to get acquainted - and the waitstaff were sensitive to this and did not "noodge" us to hurry. My lamb dish was perfectly prepared and seasoned. On this occasion, we did not sample the appetizers or salads, but I will definitely return for a fuller dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful as always! The lamb and the salmon were fabulous!Special Features:
- Love Parizades!BradDined on 8/16/2014An excellent all around occasion place- date, group, birthday, just wine, etc. be sure to dress up though, not a place for cut off jeans and a tshirt . Great wine and excellent wait staff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Parizade!RanytaDined on 8/15/2014Always a good time at Parizade wether I am there with colleagues, friends or on a date. Service is consistently outstanding, food is excellent & their courtyard seating in the summer is wonderful! Oh! And their basil lemon drop martinis are ah-mazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Adult DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Great service, and great atmosphere for adult and business dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.