2200 W. Main Street
Durham, NC 27705Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parizadedurham.com/
- Phone: 9192869712
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Robert Adams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They offer small and large catering options, from deliveries to full off-site catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: They offer three areas. The Board Room is fully private, 20ppl. The Club is fully private with a private bar and bathrooms, 60ppl. The Courtyard is fully private with a waterfall and trees, 250ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer McGowan 9192869712
A word from Parizade
Parizade is Mediterranean inspired culinary creations. A vast open kitchen spans the length of the restaurant. Surreal art by Henryk Fantazos adorns the walls and ceiling. Parizade is truly the crowning jewel of Giorgios Hospitality Group. *Large parties, please call the restaurant at 919-286-9712*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Parizade - Best Restaurants in Durham ›
Parizade reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (93)good for groups (75)great for outdoor dining (70)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (62)notable wine list (58)great for lunch (44)great for brunch (17)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (8)Show More
- Great night!GoodeatsinDurhamDined on 9/26/2014I admit it, Parizade had fallen off of my radar. But a friend of mine suggested lunch a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. So I decided to have my husband's birthday dinner there. The food was really good. I had a whole fish that was fillet table side, the appetizers were good but perhaps could've been a little more generous in terms of portion. We only got two bruschetta in the order, not really enough to share among the table. The calamari was crispy but came with greens in the bowl. Otherwise, however, dinner was uniformly praised. We were a table of 8 and the waiters were attentive. I've liked the wine selection because they had a good selection of $30-$40 wines. All in all we had a wonderful time and I will return.Special Features:
- Parizade is Special Every Time!MyView4UDined on 9/22/2014Whether taking international clients to dinner, meeting friends at brunch, or celebrating my wife's birthday ... Parizade is special every time! The food is excellent, the menu offers variety with a few unique specialties, the service is upbeat and professional, which together adds up to a consistently high quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerredhead70Dined on 9/21/2014My husband, myself and 2 friends thoroughly enjoyed our special birthday dinner. Food and service were wonderful as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Every time I have been, the food has been delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Travel4foodVIPDined on 9/20/2014We sat outside for dinner and ordered from the DPAC theatre price fixed menu. Always good food, good service.Special Features:
- PreShow Diningnealou812Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner before Dpac show. Steak was great! desert was great! Service was great! Overall Great.Special Features:
- Excellent Pre Theatre DiningJeanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Based on recommendations from DPAC, we four from out of town chose Parizade for our pre-theatre dinner and found ourselves extremely satisfied. Salads, appetizers and entrees were all excellent: the lamb chops are amazing and all four were very happy with the entire meal.Special Features:
- Sadly not againSeismiccatDined on 9/19/2014Had lunch with friends and was sorry we brought them to Parizode. The risotto was crunchy and had to be returned, the hamburger had more bread than meat with scarce fried onions, the potatoes appeared to have been hanging around a while and the side salad was $5 for a pile of greens. It's sad because it used to great for lunch and dinner. On a bright note, the wait staff was great as was the ambience.
- Great Food and Great ServiceQueen96Dined on 9/17/2014This was my first time dining at Parizade. I will definitely be back. The ribeye was so tender and perfectly seasoned. The wait staff was very attentive. Definitely a place to celebrate a special occasion!!Special Features:
- ConsistentTVHGDined on 9/10/2014As always, the food was excellent and the atmosphere welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avoid the buffetfood23Dined on 9/7/2014I was unfortunate to have made a reservation on a night they had a buffet, who knew. 29 dollars was too much. Most of the food was cold and the 12 dollar sangria cocktail was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townYummyTummyDined on 9/7/2014Parizade is consistently my family's go to spot for lazy lunches or celebration nights. The staff are knowledgeable and the service impeccable. Plenty of options on the menu for vegetarians or meat eaters. Can go pasta yummy or light salad-y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek NightKatinaDined on 9/7/2014Delicious array of wonderful Greek favorites with the ambiance of a Greek island at night...Special Features:
- Greek FestivalGlad2bHereVIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent food and the weather cooperated. Fantastic selection with no upper limit and everything was prepared as expected. Nice Greek wines and music made for a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Consistently High QualityxpatsuitcaseDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten at Parizade several times and are never disappointed. This time we particularly enjoyed the courtyard and fountain. The calamari appetizer and the lemon gnocchi appetizer were absolutely excellent. We also had two pasta dishes (duck and lamb) and both were good and well proportioned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParizadeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent food. Nice decor with an open concept--greek themed food but seemed a bit Italian for decor. Not too noisy despite the high ceilings. Tables a bit close together so privacy with conversations not always possible with someone sitting right next to you. Waitress seemed to need a bit more experience--unable to pronounce most of the specials without difficulty. Never asked if we wanted appetizers or salads to start dinner.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!SaliceDined on 9/2/2014We requested outdoor seating and were pleasantly surprised when our party of 5 (including my 88 year old mother) were seated in the courtyard. The service was friendly, attentive and relaxed. We spent a lovely two and a half hours enjoying the food, the service, the ambiance and each other. It couldn't have been better!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good, hefty price tagkpmooreDined on 8/29/2014We went here for the summer tasting menu billed as a living social. ( I felt somewhat perturbed to learn that my "excellent deal" was actually the standard price for the summer tasting menu, and it was just a lure to get me in ). The good: Attentive service with excellent dinner recommendations. Excellently crafted entreés and expertly designed desserts. Summer tasting menu, triangle restaurant week menu, and theater menu are all great values. The bad: Appetizers were average, cocktails were terrible, and regular prices were offensive. Décor was fun but also somewhat tacky. Will probably come back for Triangle Restaurant week to get the dinner and dessert.Special Features:
- Not the Best but Still GoodBigelowDined on 8/29/2014When we arrived it seemed to take a while before our waitress came to our table. I had purchased our dinners through a LivingSocial deal so I presented printouts of the confirmation forms which she collected. We were given special fixed price menus. I had the grilled octopus which did not appear to be grilled and was rather chewey in a lemony garlic aioli. I then had the caprese salad which consisted of two slices of tomato with two slices of fresh mozzarella with some arugula in the center with a strange sweet and sour dressing. For my main dish I got the seafood paella but was disappointed to find a rather bland mix of seafood with keilbasa sausage! The rice was yellow but I don't think it had any saffron in it. Overall it not great.Special Features:
- Not as good as previous visitsDaleDineDined on 8/26/2014I've been to Parizade a few times now. It's a favorite of a client of mine, and I must say that the meals I've had there in the past were great. This time, however, the tuna tartare tasted fishy (anyone who knows fish, knows that this is NOT the sign of fresh fish - and come on - its served raw so it MUST be fresh to be safe). The server asked the desired temp on my Berkshire pork chop - I ordered medium - it was served well-done, tough and dry.Special Features:
- Still a winner!GMFavoritesDined on 8/25/2014I have eaten at Parizade many times and it is a favorit for fine adult dining. On Monday evening I took a business visitor there and had a great experience. To start with Georgio himself met us at the door and welcomed us in. He recommended an outdoor table on a beautiful evening just at sunset. While waiting a couple of minutes for our table he surprised us with a complimentary glass of nice white wine. Our dishes of sea bass (fileted tableside) and Australian lamb were superb. Our waitress, a very pleasant and mature young lady, had studied in England in my friend's town, so they had fun sharing stories. Food, service and atmosphere were great, topped off by the exceptional treatment by the owner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hpnurseDined on 8/24/2014Used a living social deal and had summer tasting menu there. Food was great and wine was very good. We sat at the bar.Special Features:
- Excellent .. againTVHGDined on 8/21/2014Always pleased with lunch at Parizade ... food is great, staff are helpful/friendly, and the environment is welcomingSpecial Features:
- fabulous deal for summer suppersrmsrnDined on 8/19/2014the choice for the summer suppers was wonderful, beautifully presented and prepared. My first visit, have encouraged others to try this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dwayne SayreSayreVIPDined on 8/18/2014We come here on Monday nights for our date night. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Durham favoritessophoclesDined on 8/16/2014Parizade continues its fine menu, reasonable pricing and decent wine list (the $11 glass of blended Malbec was outstanding). The interior ambiance is a bit too lively for me, but our need for a quiet table was met by an outdoor table - perfect, on the balmy North Carolina evening. It provided my companion and me time to get acquainted - and the waitstaff were sensitive to this and did not "noodge" us to hurry. My lamb dish was perfectly prepared and seasoned. On this occasion, we did not sample the appetizers or salads, but I will definitely return for a fuller dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Wonderful as always! The lamb and the salmon were fabulous!Special Features:
- Love Parizades!BradDined on 8/16/2014An excellent all around occasion place- date, group, birthday, just wine, etc. be sure to dress up though, not a place for cut off jeans and a tshirt . Great wine and excellent wait staff !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Parizade!RanytaDined on 8/15/2014Always a good time at Parizade wether I am there with colleagues, friends or on a date. Service is consistently outstanding, food is excellent & their courtyard seating in the summer is wonderful! Oh! And their basil lemon drop martinis are ah-mazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Adult DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Great service, and great atmosphere for adult and business dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014we came here for my husband's birthday, a rare night away from the baby. the ambiance was nice and that's about the best thing I can say about the experience. our server was very friendly and likable but she really struggled through explaining the specials and kept showing up at odd times (for example, to offer another glass of wine when our existing glasses were more than half full). it was difficult to make conversation with all the interruptions. as for the food, nothing was terrible but nothing was great either - we both felt like we could have had a better meal at home, and i'm far from an outstanding cook. for what we spent, we could have had something really special at any number of local places.
- good choiceTonyDined on 8/8/2014Parizade is a good choice for (really) any occasion. The food, wine list, service, ambience and over-all presentation is wonderful. You expect to pay for these features & you do. However, the value is definitely there. Enjoy your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the bestLove2eatDined on 8/8/2014Great seeing waiter friends..Igor and Charles? Been going there since its inception. Parking is a little lackingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!sadiesueDined on 8/2/2014what an excellent dinner this past weekend. We even got to meet one of the chefs (or the only one, I don't know) and we discussed some cooking techinques. What an extra delight!Special Features:
- YumlaurenDined on 7/31/2014We love parizade. We dine here every 1-2 months and we're never disappointed. I've never had a dish here I didn't like. Try the chocolate torte!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prefcommDined on 7/31/2014"I love the feel of this place - upscale yet comfortable. I would definitely recommend and will be back. Service was top-notch - she paid us enough attention to not feel neglected, yet not too much that we felt we were being interrupted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014My wife and I eat at Parizade's for special occasions, and they never disappoint. This time we shared various seafood dishes including salmon and shrimp and scallop risotto. Service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Perfection at ParizadeSherriDined on 7/30/2014Best.Dinner.Ever.Seriously. Fun, funky, eclectic decor — what kind of foods match that? Well, just the most interesting, delicious combination of flavors & aromas. We were unsure of the "Summer Tasting Menu" until we saw it: many unusual choices from appetizers, salads, tasty entrees, to amazing desserts (the molten chocolate cake is a MUST). Check their website. I can't say enough good things about this place! Our server was knowledgeable, personable, and a delightful addition to the great meal. We're making plans to go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/27/2014First time in Durham. May have been an off night but scallops were fishy & tuna tartare drowned in garlic. Rabbit Pasta wasn't bad. Wine list reasonable in scope & markup. Will not be repeating.
- One of our favoritesravikanuriDined on 7/26/2014We enjoy our visits to Parizade. Recently, we took an out-of-town gust here and the food came to the table hot (temp) and it tasted superb. A great place to go to lunch or dinner!Special Features: