2200 W. Main Street
Durham, NC 27705Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parizadedurham.com/
- Phone: (919) 286-9712
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Robert Adams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: They offer small and large catering options, from deliveries to full off-site catering services.
- Private Party Facilities: They offer three areas. The Board Room is fully private, 20ppl. The Club is fully private with a private bar and bathrooms, 60ppl. The Courtyard is fully private with a waterfall and trees, 250ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer McGowan 9192869712
A word from Parizade
Parizade is Mediterranean inspired culinary creations. A vast open kitchen spans the length of the restaurant. Surreal art by Henryk Fantazos adorns the walls and ceiling. Parizade is truly the crowning jewel of Giorgios Hospitality Group. *Large parties, please call the restaurant at 919-286-9712*Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Parizade - Best Restaurants in Durham ›
Parizade reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)special occasion (89)good for groups (78)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (52)great for outdoor dining (49)notable wine list (48)great for lunch (31)hot spot (17)great for brunch (14)late-night find (12)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Very TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014The food at Café Parizade is always good and presented in such an elegant manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Mediterranean food choicesDurhamVIPDined on 11/22/2014We really enjoyed finding this restaurant with its wide selection of cuisine and wines from around the Mediterranean, mostly the European side. The food was excellent and nicely sized portions (Goldilocks not too large and not too small). Our waiter was spectacularly helpful and attentive without being annoyingly overzealous. This is a place we will return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CinderellaOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/21/2014Very nice dinner with an attentive waiter. The beer selection was weak. The wine list ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was spot on good.MrDoydieDined on 11/14/2014I had the chicken liver which was better than mommas an the crab cake entre. The crab cake was pretty good but not the best I've ever had. Calamari was very good. Fried Shrimp were totally awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Non ce Male"DonAntonioDined on 11/8/2014Diverse menu, something for everybody. Wait staff attentive but young & inexperienced. Took an agonizingly long time to filet whole fish. My seafood risotto was overcooked. Scallops soft and rice "mushy". Will try them again.Special Features:
- Dining experienceOutstandingDined on 11/8/2014Always an excellent experience. Our waiter John, makes it very special. My regards to him.Special Features:
- A winnerRemmeVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. The food though somewhat complex is not pretentious with 47 esoteric ingredients. The food is well-made and well-served. I would venture a meal as running between $30-$45 per person with tip however, it is possible to be more with drinks and desserts. If there is any drawback it is that the popularity of the place draws people who tend to raise the noise level. If you want quiet, try weeknights. If something isn't right, they will take it back. The dress is casual but neat but I have seen ties and jakets and shorts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family gathering sitejurajunkyDined on 11/8/2014Enjoyed dinner with family. Staff very accommodating. Good menu, great wine list and comfortable surroundings.Special Features:
- Consistently wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014A consistently great place with good food on a changing menu, a lovely atmosphere inside, and nice outside dining both in front and back of the main dining room. They don't push it much, but they have a reasonably priced "pre show" fixed price menu available most nights. Be sure to ask to see it!Special Features:
- Great portions!OliviaDined on 11/7/2014I ordered the Short Rib and my boyfriend got the Paella. It was very delicious. The service was fast, friendly and attentive without being annoying. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- gdfdDined on 11/6/2014Everything was well prepared and delicious--dessert exceeded expectations!Special Features:
- Goldies3Dined on 11/3/2014We have eaten at this restaurant before and enjoyed itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but a bit expensiveWeDineAlotVIPDined on 11/3/2014Love the food but believe the prices have increased a bit. The boneless lamb shank pasta was excellent and half the price of the $42 steak. The service was up to their high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was OkaynyctochillVIPDined on 10/30/2014It was okay. The ambiance is nice and we we're greeted warmly. After I ordered, our waiter told me that I picked his least favorite item on the menu for my appetizer, which is weird. It was okay, for the record. The entree was tasty and filling. My friend's entree had zucchini that was really bitter do she couldn't eat that part. Overall it was just fine, but there are many other options in the area that I would choose before going back. It could be great with a little more refinement.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We''ll go back another timeKittyVIPDined on 10/25/2014I guess all the Duke parents like Parizade because the hoards were there. Food and service were good enough. We could barely hear ourselves think.
- SquintzDined on 10/24/2014The food is always fresh and delicious. My mother and I always try to bring new people to Parizade to share the wonderful experience with them as well. We had a reservation for Friday night for my mother's birthday which coincided with Duke's parent's weekend so it was more crowded than usual. The hostesses apologized about the wait and assured us that we would have a wonderful table and we did. At the end of the dinner they brought out a lovely dessert sampler and presented it to the birthday girl. The whole experience was fantastic as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Festive, with Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Fun, energentic restaurant with great food. Nice, upscale, light filled room. Interesting and varied menu. Definitely returing on our next visit to DukeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceLeslieNCDined on 10/19/2014We took a group of 6 friends to dinner to say thank you. Everyone's food was excellent. The service was very good, and they did a good job with the group. Everyone's food cane out at the same time, hot, properly cooked, tasty. We were a happy bunch. There were two other large table there that night-- a birthday party and a professional group. They looked happy too. Even with three groups, the service was prompt and it wasn't noisy. This is also a good place for couples or friends to have a reliably very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NotqualityDined on 10/18/2014We both ordered porterhouse steaks. We both thought that the steaks were terrible. The manager graciously took them back & placed a new order for both of us-2 rib steaks. These came out and we decided that it was not the faul of the chef that they were so bad. The quality of the meat was not good!Special Features:
- Perfection in every sense!DAWilkinsVIPDined on 10/14/2014Every 4-6 weeks, I select a restaurant, pick my friends up & take them to an unknown destination. Most of my choices have been to places they have never dined before. I have always loved Parizade but this dinner in particular was memorable for a number of reasons. First, the food was outstanding. All of us were very pleased with our salads, entrees & the coffee/dessert. Service was impeccable thanks to Hassan who was very attentive to our needs. He was charming, polite & the consummate professional. He made the difference between a dining experience that wasn't simply about good food but a dining experience that sets Parizade apart from all others. The evening was perfection from beginning to end thanks to Hassan and the kitchen.Special Features:
- one of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014certainly expensive, but worth the price for a nice dinnerSpecial Features:
- Wonderful restaurant!MaggieDined on 10/10/2014We found this restaurant to have wonderful food and service! I recommend highly ..Special Features:
- Food left a little to be desiredDrewDined on 10/9/2014Enjoyed a nice evening with my wife celebrating our anniversary. The ambience and service was excellent but I was disappointed with the lack of a vegetarian appetizer option and the porter house stake was only "decent" in my opinion. Desert and drinks were very good. I expect more for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and servicelovetoeatDined on 10/9/2014Went for a bite to eat prior to show at DPAC. Food was amazing and service was equally as good. Fresh selection of season dishes, perfect portions and bursting with flavor. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Amazing food and atmosphere!DarlaDined on 10/8/2014I took my mom out for her birthday and we sat outside. The waiter was professional, the food amazing, trendy atmosphere, and the dessert was to die for! I highly recommend!Special Features:
- DisappointedDaveVIPDined on 10/7/2014We do not live in the area but Parizade has always been a favorite when visiting. We were very disappointed with our meals this week. The beautiful filet of Scottish salmon was cooked exactly to order but unfortunately was cold by the time it was served. The Cioppino broth and crusty bread was great but the lobster tasted as though it was cooked days ago (dry and chewy). Service was very good and our chocolate desert was wonderful. Not sure if we will return.
- Incredible food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Our server was amazing as was the food and they accommodated anything we asked! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodCarydinersDined on 10/4/2014My wife had the salmon and I had the flounder we both found the dishes to be bland. The wine was the best part of dinner.
- Great night!GoodeatsinDurhamDined on 9/26/2014I admit it, Parizade had fallen off of my radar. But a friend of mine suggested lunch a couple of weeks ago and it was really good. So I decided to have my husband's birthday dinner there. The food was really good. I had a whole fish that was fillet table side, the appetizers were good but perhaps could've been a little more generous in terms of portion. We only got two bruschetta in the order, not really enough to share among the table. The calamari was crispy but came with greens in the bowl. Otherwise, however, dinner was uniformly praised. We were a table of 8 and the waiters were attentive. I've liked the wine selection because they had a good selection of $30-$40 wines. All in all we had a wonderful time and I will return.Special Features:
- Parizade is Special Every Time!MyView4UDined on 9/22/2014Whether taking international clients to dinner, meeting friends at brunch, or celebrating my wife's birthday ... Parizade is special every time! The food is excellent, the menu offers variety with a few unique specialties, the service is upbeat and professional, which together adds up to a consistently high quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinnerredhead70Dined on 9/21/2014My husband, myself and 2 friends thoroughly enjoyed our special birthday dinner. Food and service were wonderful as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Every time I have been, the food has been delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!Travel4foodVIPDined on 9/20/2014We sat outside for dinner and ordered from the DPAC theatre price fixed menu. Always good food, good service.Special Features:
- PreShow Diningnealou812Dined on 9/20/2014Dinner before Dpac show. Steak was great! desert was great! Service was great! Overall Great.Special Features:
- Excellent Pre Theatre DiningJeanVIPDined on 9/19/2014Based on recommendations from DPAC, we four from out of town chose Parizade for our pre-theatre dinner and found ourselves extremely satisfied. Salads, appetizers and entrees were all excellent: the lamb chops are amazing and all four were very happy with the entire meal.Special Features:
- Sadly not againSeismiccatDined on 9/19/2014Had lunch with friends and was sorry we brought them to Parizode. The risotto was crunchy and had to be returned, the hamburger had more bread than meat with scarce fried onions, the potatoes appeared to have been hanging around a while and the side salad was $5 for a pile of greens. It's sad because it used to great for lunch and dinner. On a bright note, the wait staff was great as was the ambience.
- Great Food and Great ServiceQueen96Dined on 9/17/2014This was my first time dining at Parizade. I will definitely be back. The ribeye was so tender and perfectly seasoned. The wait staff was very attentive. Definitely a place to celebrate a special occasion!!Special Features:
- ConsistentTVHGDined on 9/10/2014As always, the food was excellent and the atmosphere welcomingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- avoid the buffetfood23Dined on 9/7/2014I was unfortunate to have made a reservation on a night they had a buffet, who knew. 29 dollars was too much. Most of the food was cold and the 12 dollar sangria cocktail was disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in townYummyTummyDined on 9/7/2014Parizade is consistently my family's go to spot for lazy lunches or celebration nights. The staff are knowledgeable and the service impeccable. Plenty of options on the menu for vegetarians or meat eaters. Can go pasta yummy or light salad-y.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.