240 N. Highland Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30307Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parishatl.com/
- Phone: 4046814434x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Market: Open at 8am Tuesday-Sunday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Zeb Stevenson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call to set up appointment to go over your party with us.
- Private Party Facilities: Original exposed brick, red murano chandeliers and antique Parisian scones give Parish a unique elegance unlike any venue. Perfect for large groups. Parish seats up to 110, and can accommodate up to 250 for receptions. This two story edifice is great for hosting an event guests are sure to enjoy.
- Private Party Contact: Concentrics Events 6789042367x
- Special Events: We are the perfect setting for your next private luncheon, dinner, rehearsal dinner, wedding, or business party. Please call us at 404-681-4434 to plan your next event.
A word from Parish
Unique people, delicious food and good-for-the-earth goods all come together at The Brasserie and Neighborhood Café at PARISH. Step off the Beltline and join the vibrant culture of Inman Park at its core. Located in the historical Terminal Building built in 1890, the only remaining structure from an old pipe factory, PARISH has restored the space to its original grandeur. Whether you venture upstairs to the Brasserie or head downstairs to The Neighborhood Café, expect to find inspired familiar American food, inventive beverage, and warm hospitality. Named one of the “Top 11 Restaurants” by The Atlantan, Parish has received non-stop acclaim since its opening. Parish has been featured on CNN.com and proudly holds a 3 star review from The Atlanta Journal Constitution. Located at 240 North Highland Avenue in Atlanta, Ga., The Brasserie and Neighborhood Café at PARISH is open six days a week for lunch and dinner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Parish - Best Restaurants in Inman Park ›
Parish reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (41)great for brunch (40)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (20)special occasion (19)romantic (14)great for lunch (14)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Best Brunch in ATL!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Dwight and the team make this a destination for my wife and I. Every six months we get a babysitter for the kids and go and spend a night in the city. Eating brunch at Parish is a staple. We love Sheri's smile while she waits on us. The coffee is great and the Fried Chicken Benedict is a must!Special Features:
- forgettable at bestchatty1217Dined on 9/7/2014I read the reviews before I went and decided to try it for myself anyway. Unfortunately, I should have listened. None of the special things I had asked for in my reservation (seating with a view, some sort of special dessert for my husband's birthday) were honored. We ended up leaving and going to Outback Steakhouse for dessert. The portions were ridiculously small, the flavor of the food was just "ok", pricing was on the top end of the scale for this type establishment. Being that ONE Midtown Kitchen and TWO Urban Licks are 2 of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta, I expected a lot more from this Concentrics brand restaurant. Sorry to say I was disappointed and wont be returning. Wish I hadn't wasted the couple hundred bucks for the lesson.
- Sunday Happy HourSallyVIPDined on 9/7/20142 dollar beer and 1 dollar oysters can be beat to round out the weekend. Oysters took awhile to get and were not quite chilled enough but a great deal for a weekend night!Special Features:
- DisappointingSftgdDined on 9/7/2014This was our second trip to Parish and we were disappointed. The first time the service was poor. The second, the food was poor. My friend had the fried green tomato eggs Benedict. It said it came with potatoes, but her plate was full of funny grits instead. The eggs were not poached properly and she didn't eat them, the tomatoes were greasy. The coffee tasted burnt and we knew it was fresh because when we ordered it it was "still brewing". At 10:30am when brunch starts at 10, the coffee is still brewing? I love the setting and ambiance, but I can't justify the money to eat there when the food and even the coffee is so bad.
- Great Eggs Benedict!JessicaVIPDined on 8/31/2014We both got eggs Benedict one with fried green tomato and one with fried chicken which were both delicious. Great crispy home fries and a few bites of coffee cake came with our meals. Too bad we couldn't order a drink before 12:30 or we would have gotten bloody marys! Great spot for brunch both inside and outside seating.Special Features:
- So disappointed in new conceptBfarr530VIPDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time visiting Parish since the change to some sort of brasserie/bistro concept. On a Friday night at 7:30 there were maybe 15-20 people at the restaurant so that should have been our first sign. Fifteen to twenty minutes to get our drinks a second sign. Then a menu that was complex and limiting made it difficult to choose a dish without compromise. It's a great space and I hope they will go back to a menu with real meals sometime.
- Great ambianceDal11Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is in a historic building over 100 years old, and they have left some of the original interiors which makes for great ambiance. We had brunch, and the food and service was very good. I like the idea that they use local farms for their food, and they are listed on the wall.Special Features:
- Amazing Restaurant in Inman Parkrabj2006Dined on 8/17/2014Amazing restaurant in Inman Park. Great brunch and dinner menu. I discovered this place a few months ago, and I keep going back. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a weekend brunch or dinner (whether it be romantic or for a special occassion).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014"I think they want to join us." This from one of our companions at dinner about the helicopter waitstaff. Maybe they thought their constancy at table-side would make up for a mediocre to tasteless dinner. This was our 3rd time visiting Parish and will be our last. This visit, boy what a change from previous visits. The appetizers/small plates sounded fabulous but, turned out to be tough, too sweet or simply bland. Our main courses, late of course, looked slapped together and tasted the same. The fish dish was over cooked and tough (our companion could not finish it). The vegetarian dish was bland and boring. And the touted pork dish was okay but the accompanying accoutrements were tasteless and did not compliment the pork spices.
- Great Service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/9/2014The new menu looks great! The food was amazing, and our server "Margo" knew everything about the beers, wine, and food. We had a great night!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were a little apprehensive after seeing recent reviews, but decided to try it anyway. We were pleasantly rewarded. The food was very good and the service was excellent and extremely attentive. It was a lovely dinner and we will definitely plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really wanted to like it, but didntOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Went early on a Wednesday night and the place was dead. Surprisingly, the place was still deserted when we left an hour later. Or, not surprisingly, based on our experience. It's VERY expensive for the cheap ingredients. My "small plate" of fried chicken consisted of two drumsticks, add a side of carrots and my food bill was $19. WOW! Our $12 Mai Tais were very weak and mostly (pineapple???) juice. Decor seemed to be trying for eclectic, but just felt confused. So sad. I don't think this place has much of a future. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedmikdoogDined on 8/2/2014I gathered a group of friends to check out this local restaurant we've walked past on the belt line a number of times - some in town and others from out of town and we loved the farm-to-table variety. We valeted the car, meals were great and so was the service (Thanks, Fleming!) Make sure to check our the market and lounge area downstairs! And if you're ordering small plates, just say yes to the black truffle grilled cheese!Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceJimHVIPDined on 7/27/2014Picked Parish for going away dinner for my niece moving to Maryland. While I am from Chattanooga, I love the Atlanta food scene and choosing a Concentrics restaurant is a slam dunk. Chef Gary was fantastic as was our enthusiastic server Kaylee. Everything was amazing from food, drink, etc. Black Truffle Grilled Cheese small plate was rich and decadent. Duck was fabulous and I would highly recommend Butcher's Steak with Confit Garlic Chimichurri. Great mixologist at the bar...you can't go wrong coming here.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014We love coming to Parish and have always had a wonderful experience. This time service was just a bit off. The food was wonderful, as always, and my friend, her first visit, enjoyed the food immensely. I was disappointed in the host for the brunch service. He seemed a bit rushed and not friendly. I noticed he was like this with everyone. I was seated immediately while waiting on my friend. The waitress was very disappointing. She was unlike anyone else we have ever had when visiting before. She was short in conversation, not friendly and seemed aggravated that she had to wait on us. Maybe she was just having a bad day :[ anyway, the food was great, the atmosphere is always fun and the venue is beautiful. We will be back again :]Special Features:
- Overall terrible, service and foodWalstibDined on 7/20/2014We are foodies and dine out often. Parish has always been known for hit and miss, mainly misses. Based upon this last visit I can say that nothing is changed. First of all we were there for probably two hours, my wife never had her one cup of coffee refilled, nor did I ever have my ice tea refilled. And I mean not once. Our waiter was basically nonexistent. Now for the food, when you say hashbrowns, that doesn't mean a potato cut up into small chunks with nothing else. At a minimum they would have some onions, maybe peppers?? My wife and I both got the egg breakfast, supposedly with scrambled eggs and cheddar cheese, the eggs were incredibly dry, and I couldn't find any cheese.
- Under Staffed and Unprepared!AngieDined on 7/16/2014A table reserved for party of 7 at 7:30 on the patio for Wednesday, July 16, 2014: Will the REAL Hostess please show up? More bartenders please because the two behind the bar lacked proficiency. We waited an hour for wine and bread. We waited for qualified personnel to step in and help our server who appeared to be in the weeds and On His Own. We waited another hour for dinner. We waited... and waited... and waited. Where's the manager?
- hopeless service. not worth hasslecriticalfacultyDined on 7/16/2014After a reasonable start, our server seemed to disappear. Signs of tentativeness from the team - did we want black napkins, oh we don't have any - developed into full-fledged incompetence. After numerous attempts at flagging down one of the under-employed servers standing the other side of the room chatting with each other, we obtained a dessert menu. You know the rest. Many more minutes to take our order and then a wait for the dishes so exasperating that we demanded the check without dessert. The pork shoulder was too dry. The duck with red cabbage nothing special, but acceptable. Forget this place.
- ParishgpreviewsDined on 7/15/2014We went to experience the new chef Zeb Stevenson....it was wonderful...he is so creative and does an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okLovetheneighborhoodDined on 7/12/2014I really want to like this place. The wait staff was very nice but the food is just ok. When you order a half dozen oysters and they only bring 5 what does that tell you? When you have to ask them to bring another oyster and they say the chef is working on it and they forget to bring it to you... what does that tell you about them? My wife and I could only laugh about it as we are driving home realizing we forgot too. Let's just say don't waist your time because we surely won't ever again, and we will spread the word.
- Horrible service, subpar foodATLfoodieDined on 7/11/2014I was really disappointed as I had been to Parish over a year ago and it was much different. This time around the service was absolutely horrible. They were very slow in getting initial drink orders and this carried on throughout the entire dining experience. The food was not good either. Bread was stale, steak was not cooked to what I had ordered. They didn't give me a steak knife until I was almost done with dinner! The staff even forgot some of our party's food orders! Again I was shocked as I had come to Parish a while ago and did not experience this at all. Stay away! Go down the street to Barcelona much better service and food.
- Great Food, great atmostphere!IruntoeatDined on 7/11/2014We brought my mother in law to Parish for her birthday. The food was amazing - the Manchego black truffle grilled cheese was possibly one of the tastiest things I've ever eaten. I was bummed that one of the featured cocktails was unavailable (they only had about 6) and was told that they didn't have any grapefruit juice - not a real exotic item, especially given the small cocktail menu - you'd think they would stock up on the required ingredients. We did small plates and everything was delicious - the new fois gras terrine was really good - mixed with peaches on brioche - YUM! The dessert choices were limited and similar so we went somewhere else for gelato. But overall - LOVED it!Special Features:
- Great rustic feelVitsDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant was recommended by some co workers, I took some clients out for dinner, the place looks very cool and there's even a small market downstairs Food is tasty but very small portions and the pricing is very high. The salads don't even look like salads, my salad consisted of maybe 5 grape tomatoes split in half and a few slices of some kind of cucumber. Very different but not for 11.95. The menu is small If u are looking for a different kind of place this is it! All of the food did taste goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great interior/ordinary foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Very slow drink service which came after meal served. Shrimp and grits recommended but not good. Very few tiny bay shrimp with flavorful sauce over runny grits. No thanks. Music blasting so loud we could not hear each other speak. Music choice must have been manager's preference. High school rocker annoying music. Spoiled the experience. Pleasant staff and well done interior design, but I doubt I'll return.
- Date night turns Late nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014We went to Parish for a quiet night out without kids. So, we were on the clock for paying the babysitter. The atmosphere is very calm and quiet and we enjoyed our drink at the bar while the waiter was busing our table. Not sure why it took 30 minutes to do that, but I flagged him down to see if it was ready yet. The upstairs was practically empty while there was a private party downstairs. We seated ourselves and then waited 15 minutes before flagging the hostess down for some menus, flagging her down again to place our order, and graciously accepting our waiter's multiple apologies as he passed us on his way somewhere else. He seemed down, maybe he got dumped. Still had a great dinner. We forgive him, this time. 'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KaceyDined on 6/29/2014The food was not good and the service was simply terrible. We asked out waiter for oil and balsamic vinegar so that we could dip our bread and you would have thought we asked him for dynamite. He literally said that he had never received that request before so he was not certain if they had oil and balsamic vinegar so he had to go check. The whole evening continued in this same manner.
- Summer Supperchef1207Dined on 6/22/2014Enjoyed the four course Summer Supper, great wine specials too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchAtlfoodlvrVIPDined on 6/22/2014The brunch menu is made up of all things I would love to eat and it's hard to choose! The food is excellent. The service was slow but everyone was very niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely slow serviceCrlnagrlDined on 6/22/2014While the food at Parish is fantastic we had to wait over and hour and a half for it to arrive after ordering. We watched multiple tables come and go around us while waiting. Our server was very polite and in the end comped all of our food which was nice.Special Features:
- Used to be my favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014We returned to Parish to expect the amazing service and food we had before. It WAS one of our favorite restaurants when Justin Amick was the GM. We arrived to noticed right away how dead the place was. Then it took almost 15 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge us at the table. Our waiter acted like he just came off the street and acted very unprofessional. Anyone and everyone that had him for a waiter was complaining. Then trying to get our wines each time we were empty took what seemed like years. Food wasn't at all as good as I remember. When I order food in what is supposed to be a Louisiana style restaurant, I want that food represented. My "fried chicken" was not southern, it was more asian! We won't return.
- foodfanDined on 6/15/2014The only reason why I wouldn't give Parish 5 stars is because of the service. From the front of the house to the wait staff, it was almost like they were overwhelmed. There were probably 5 12:30 reservations that came in all at once and the one host had difficulty seating them all timely. Our drink orders took strangely long (there were three signature drinks, we ordered one of each). That being said, the drinks were outstanding, Parish's bloody is AMAZING. The food was out of this world. My parents mentioned the muffins were awesome. Another thing, valet parking is complimentary. But if you want to wander around Inman Park, they charge you $10. I just spent money, you want more? Not in love with that idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryManDined on 6/15/2014We made a reservation but don't know why we bothered. The service was a mess and walk-ins were seated ahead of 2 parties that had reservations. There was only 3 visible servers in the room and frustrated diners without food everywhere. After waiting for 30 minutes [PAST our reservation time], with no apology, no updates on when we would be seated, we finally left and went to another restaurant across the road. We had a fabulous time there.
- Fathers Day Brunchcape1144VIPDined on 6/15/2014Great options for the entire family for Father's Day brunch. French toast, chicken salad plate, chicken biscuit, and more! Great service and relaxing atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bruchwineanddineVIPDined on 6/8/2014We were in ATL for the weekend and had a wonderful brunch here. The service and food were excellent!Special Features:
- disappointingLALYDined on 6/7/2014We've dined at Parish several times, sadly the food is not what it used to be. Our server was dreadful.
- Waitress was an idiotJeb0084VIPDined on 6/1/2014I love parish. I won't stop going there but good God- our waitress at brunch was an idiot. Brunch was at 12:30, some of our part was a little late but she didn't even ask us for our order until 1:30. She couldn't remember the drinks orders (what was she writing the whole time we were telling her what we want??) and she was just the pspaciest person. The food is so good though. I just hope i never get her again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening dinnerDISAPPOINTEDDined on 5/31/2014we brought our daughter here looking for something different. I like the small plates but they ARE small. The service was slow. We were disappointed. We were hoping for a better dinner because we are bringing friends down here in in a month.Special Features:
- 1st time dining hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/30/2014Good service despite our server being new. My friend and I got several small plates to share, and we were pleased with most of them. She felt the eggplant was a little too salty for her taste. My favorite was the grilled cheese! Small wine list but I had a great Oregon Pino Gris.Special Features:
- Parish reviewJimmyVIPDined on 5/28/2014The Flat Iron stake was undercooked. Restaurant was out of scallops which was one of our choices. The chopped salad had lettuce that was not chopped and should have had iceberg lettuce instead of butter lettuce. The only good food items were the bread and salted butter along with the dessert.Special Features:
- best waiter in Inman Park1forITDined on 5/26/2014Jason at Parish is one of the best in Atlanta. A total pro - engaging, friendly, attentive - without being fawning. Aren't we all tired of "I'm Sean and I'll be your server. You might consider the highest-priced entree on the menu." ?! Jason is terrific and will get us soon back to visit a fine restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.