109A N 3rd Street
Brooklyn, NY 11249Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parishhall.net/
- Phone: 7187822602
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11am - 4pm
Dinner: Daily: 6pm - 11pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 4pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Evan Hanczor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Parish Hall
Our food is an exploration of place, tradition, and change, an attempt to answer this question: what would regional northeast cuisine look like? Unlike southern food, which has a strong and identifiable tradition, the food of New York, the Catskills, and the Hudson River Valley has been continually reinterpreted by a dozens of different cultures. What we have had consistently is an amazing region for growing vegetables and livestock, an abundant supply of fish and oysters and mushrooms and maple syrup. At Parish Hall, we'll take advantage of this abundance with one eye on the various traditions of the area and another on the exciting neighborhood we cook and serve in and try to find food that expresses its place and its timeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parish Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great, but not rushing backBryNycVIPDined on 1/11/2014Had a perfectly fine time. Food was great, although...very skimpy on the duck entree. Fish was fresh and well presented, chicken was fantastic. Drinks were great and served quickly...but it just did not bring me the warm fuzzies I was hoping. It's a bit sterile, trying a bit too hard...but eh...very good. Our Waitress was fantastic...but disappeared. Servers were ok, we didn't have desert as they took forever to come back to us for the order...but go, it's solid...just leave your expectations at home.Special Features:
- New Year's MagicTimelasticDined on 12/31/2013Took my wife to New Year's dinner and could not have been happier. Service was perfectly timed and everything - literally everything - was amazing. We both had the Duck as our entree and it was cooked to perfection. The house Manhattan - made with chocolate bitters - was so well prepared and balanced it left us wanting more. Everything about the meal was superb. We can't wait to go back again and try some of the other dishes we saw going by. Oh, and a $65 fixed price menu on New Year's was a steal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy & healthy!GlobalGourmandDined on 12/22/2013Who'd have thought healthy food could taste this good. Everything we had was yummy. The duck and rib eye mains are strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013They were so accommodating of our group of 7. The food was amazing, and we ordered a lot of it. Nothing but good things to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in the citycollardgreensDined on 11/29/2013I really love this restaurant. To start off, the menu is spectacular; an incredible range of choices that emphasizes local products and healthy dining and interesting combinations of ingredients that never misfire. It's excellent value. The design of the restaurant is beautiful: simple and clean with the tables spread far enough apart that you don't feel you're dining with strangers. This is also one of the few restaurants in this city in which you don't have to shout to be heard. The waitstaff is always personable and never intrusive and well-aware of the changing menu. You really cannot do better than Parrish Hall when it comes to a beautiful, romantic setting, great food and affordability. I would give it more stars if I could!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!LuciaPDined on 11/23/2013Food and ambiance were both great! I love this place for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best dinner of 2013mryanDined on 11/18/2013I think that says it all. Everything was exquisite, everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm to table fresh!BijouxVIPDined on 11/11/2013My Mom and I went for lunch on a weekday and everything was beautifully prepared and presented. Her French toast was eggy and delicious. My Pullman sandwich was a delectable grill cheese essentially but with fennel and pear. It was served with a mesclun green salad that was perfectly dressed. I would most definitely come back for dinner. The dining room is a clean white and steel and blonde wood industrial chic space that gives off a great vibe. The service is outstanding. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and on the spot with everything and also had great neighborhood shopping recommendations. Loved our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs an update...EcnerefDined on 11/9/2013Haphazard plate presentations. Short on options for wines by glass. Decor showing it's age - lots of white paint showing traffic wear and tear. Server was attentive despite being short-staffed. Tiny martinis; 86'ed the olives. Appreciated unprompted side plate of beef at correctly prepared temperature; comped dessert. They made it right, but starting to look tired. At least needs a paint job - scuffs and mop marks make a restaurant look worn. Was sat near side station which actually wasn't a bad spot, if not for the unusual chaos, even by support area standards. Better values to be had.
- Don't believe the hypeLocomotiveVIPDined on 10/20/2013So many great brunch places in Williamsburg and this could be one of them some day. The reviews for PH are generally very strong so I figured I'd come here instead of Enids, a decision which I regret. I'll start with the positives: interesting menu, convenient location, pleasant ambiance, and pretty good food. But all of these things are undermined by service. The staff seem to not know how to provide great service and not care enough to try very hard. Our reservation was botched, food arrived cold, drinks arrived late, and there was no personal connection. With so many great places nearby, why reward people who treat their customers so shabbily?
- Great casual place with wonderfulKColeDined on 10/12/2013Great casual place with wonderful food for brunch/lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow wow wowOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/2/2013Parish hall knocks my socks off each time I go. If you like fresh, local, seasonal food cooked to perfection you'll simply melt into a pool of happiness here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make sure they check you in!GregDined on 9/28/2013I have been here four times and like the food a lot. I will come back-I mean who can resist that patty melt!? Writing this review because 3/4 of the times I've been they didn't put though my Open Table reservation, this last time a girl checked me in and said just a minute then left us standing there, no one ever came for us! Finally a waiter asked if we were being helped...what is that? Ugg. Also, service is S L O W please pick up the pace guys. 10+ minutes sitting there with a menu flat on the table ready to order and no one came. Finally when the waitress came she asked if we were being helped and I said, "I don't think we have a waitress, are you her?" SHe replied yes--okay, so what have you been doing ignoring us then? So odd.Special Features:
- We loved Parish Hall! AmazingannivDined on 9/22/2013We loved Parish Hall! Amazing service, delicious food. Overall a really stand-out experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!StinaDined on 9/17/2013We loved the smoked trout- sandwich, the cheese-fries, the corn/lobstersalad and the chardonnay from Long Island! A true taste-experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean and ImaginativeMrIvDined on 9/11/2013The menu leans heavily upon the ingredients they farm in upstate NY; however, what Chef Evan does with the ingredients makes it worth the trip. Light, clean and imaginative combinations are brought to a surprising close with some of the better deserts on offer in NYC. The cucumber/coffee ice cream float will be attempted continuously in our home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parish Hall is a lovely spaceEBloomDined on 9/9/2013Parish Hall is a lovely space with great food and really friendly service. The Smoked Trout Salad was very tasty and so appropriate for a light lunch. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite!LocalfoodloverDined on 8/30/2013Parish Hall has fantastic, fresh, farm to table cuisine. The servers are amiable, the drinks are trendy and tasty, and the food is some of the absolute best in the neighborhood. Check it out now before everyone discovers it and you can't get reservations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2013The food at Parish Hall was clearly fresh and the choice of ingredients was delicious.Special Features:
- Eh ....saucierturneddistillerDined on 8/17/2013OK, I loved part of this restaurant, hated part of it. The food was good and interesting. Cocktails were well done. Wine list was good (not great) ... but when they "couldn't find" our first two choices of wine I got a little disturbed. Each course was delivered to the wrong person, timing was bad on delivery and we'd almost finished our main course before the wine was brought to the table. The staff clearly wasn't communicating. They were lucky to find the table yet know who ordered what. We were forgotten about and I had to go find the waiter .... The staff was very friendly, very polite, very welcoming .... but clearly poorly trained and poorly managed. I'd give this place a second try .... but ............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was clear that the nightBritishGastroDined on 8/9/2013It was clear that the night was going to be a pleasure when upon entering I was greeted cordially by one of the servers who already had his hands full of dishes for a current table. The industrial/minimalist feel in decor is counterbalanced by the homeliness of the farm to table menu and the particularly favorable lighting. The food is delicious especially the smoked trout/toast and the fairytale eggplant. Portions generous. Service was smooth and the waitress made helpful recommendations and knew the precise attributes of each dish. With complimentary delicious cantaloupe sorbet for dessert, we left vowing to come back for me, and will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service used to be betterJMBrooklynDined on 8/9/2013The food in this place is excellent but this last time that we went the service was very slow. Management should take notice. The staff is very nice but might be strechted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hearty dishes with exceptionallyclaudeVIPDined on 8/9/2013Hearty dishes with exceptionally fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a good foundationmichdVIPDined on 7/31/2013This is a good foundation for a future great place. Everything I ate was good, but it all tasted similar, and was kind of heavy. The BLT, though good was too much bread and not enough inside the sandwich. I think with small tweaks, this place could be awesome.Special Features:
- Perfect in every wayKnitcookDined on 7/23/2013I picked this restaurant "blind" based on its menu. When we arrived I was blown away by the peaceful and creative and beautiful ambiance: all white and wood and light. Our lunch was beautifully presented, fresh tasting and delicious. And did I mention creative? The salad greens were a combination of fresh grown-up lettuces, in a light perfect dressing. I would go back in a heartbeat. I can't figure out why the place wasn't mobbed!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite impersonalSpreadsheetsVIPDined on 7/20/2013The food was very nicely done, the presentation immaculate, but you're essentially sitting in a very white room. It was almost surgical. No ambience and the service was slow.Special Features:
- Started out great, petered outOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2013The interior is lovely with light wood and a sort of feel with clean lines and a spacious maybe Norwegian feel. Most of the appetizers were a hit though the sampler plate was very hard to share (corn soup, dressed eggs and beef beignets recommended) but no one seemed thrilled with their entrees. My chicken didn't arrive looking very appealing and didn't taste much better though it was crispy. It was over a bed of cabbage type stuff and that didn't help a lot. The duck was not a bit hit either. By the end of the meal, service seemed to be stretched a bit thin and the quiet, calm atmosphere and become a bit rowdy and it was no longer possible to hear one another easily, the chocolate tart was worth sticking it out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food.EaterNYCVIPDined on 7/18/2013Absolutely amazing food. Do NOT miss the smoked trout toast. Went at 7:30 on a Thursday night and it was strangely dead. Have no idea why b/c both the ambiance and the food are fantastic.Special Features:
- Loacavore delightDeidz60VIPDined on 7/6/2013Organic delicacies from the Catskills. Every vegetable was a treat. Inventive, fresh. Great service. Not crazy noisy. Just a wonderful evening with great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular and creative food...heaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2013Spectacular and creative food...healthy, delicious....only 30 minutes from GCT by subway....fabulous dining experience.Special Features:
- If you go once, you would go againlizzieDined on 6/29/2013Thats my point of evaluation for taste. So i would recommend for a good brunch. Staff is so cute. Tried French toast and all. Each was delicious. I wanna try sausages next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBrianDined on 6/27/2013Had an incredible, flawless meal with my wife and a friend. Every dish was vibrant, well balanced and satisfying. Great oysters, really solid cocktails and a great wine list. We had a delicious California zin that matched well with both the pork belly and hen of the woods mushroom entrees. The side of snow peas with ramps and beef bacon was a surprise hit. Love this place. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Delicious food and lovely ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/22/2013We had a lovely brunch at Parish Hall. The food is fresh and interesting. The service was warm and friendly. Would highly recommend if you want a place where you can reserve a table in advance in Williamsburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Clean Dining!sheebaDined on 6/16/2013Despite the glitch in my OT rez, father's day brunch went off well. Farm to table fresh and innovative choices on the menu. The staff was nice and friendly. I would like to return for dinner for sure. It is not loud and very nicely designed and clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hipster HeavenMarvinDined on 6/15/2013We had one of the very best lunches ever at this modern but warm setting with food from the restaurant farm that was perfectly prepared, innovative, and substantial. Even in a neighborhood with so many great places, we would definitely go back again and again. Try the lamb burger (rare), and the braised bacon and bok choy slaw sandwich (put an egg on it)!Special Features:
- beautiful space, fantastic food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2013we ate our way through the menu with multiple starts, small dishes, entrees and of course the chocolate tart. Amazing service.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceGigiDined on 6/14/2013Beautiful & Bright inside. Very attentive staff. Delicious dishes. Nice wines by the glass. Easy to reserve a table because the place was nearly empty. No idea why because it is reasonably priced, nice atmosphere and great fresh food. Check it out. I actually reminded me why I used to love brooklyn...because it used to be possible to get a table and have a delicious & comfortable meal.Special Features:
- Great food with very slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/28/2013All of us enjoyed the food, which was superbly done. But everything was slow. Drinks took forever to arrive. Snack didn't come until after the first course and after we checked with the wait staff. The restaurant was not even busy, less than half full. Can't image how slow it would be on weekend evenings. Not sure we would go back because it was too frustrating to wait.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/26/2013Very tasty/savory food, with clean, separated tastes. Service very good and a fun ambience - would definitely go back!Special Features:
- I frequent this place forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2013I frequent this place for brunch and dinner. It's one of my neighborhood favorites. The food and drinks are consistently delicious. Sometimes the place is a bit short staffed.Special Features: