Paris Club Bistro and Bar
59 W. Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Paris Club Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parisclubbistroandbar.com/
- Phone: 3125950800x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Doug Psaltis and Christian Eckmann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.595.0800 for more details.
- Special Events: Wine director Ryan Arnold will present French Wine Demystified - a quick but comprehensive approach to wine education. In this series, he’ll take a casual approach to why French wine is, and always has been, the gold standard in the wine world. Classes include:
Follow the Leader
Aug. 19: Experience the impact of French wine across other regions as we taste and compare French wines to their Italian and Californian counterparts.
Rosé is the New Black
Sep. 9: Rosé is gaining more attention and popularity every year, yet many still think of it as sweet and seasonal. We will pour delicious rosés to change your mind and discuss why rosé is great 365 days a year.
A Toast to Champagne
Oct. 7: Let's raise a glass (…or six) and take a deeper look at the region that created bubbles for the world to enjoy.
Price is $40 per class. To reserve a seat, please contact our catering team at 312.595.0800 or email email@example.com
A word from Paris Club Bistro and Bar
Paris Club Bistro & Bar is Back! Gone is the industrial dining room, replaced with a warmer and more intimate setting. Plush leather booths, rich wood paneling and antique brass chandeliers create an environment of 1920s Paris. To further celebrate traditional France, Chef Partner Doug Psaltis and Executive Chef Christian Eckmann have focused on assembling a menu of celebrated classics like Hand-Cut Steak Tartare, French Onion Soup, Chateaubriand and Dover Sole Meunière.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Paris Club Bistro and Bar - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Paris Club Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (136)romantic (136)fit for foodies (127)notable wine list (72)vibrant bar scene (64)neighborhood gem (62)hot spot (62)good for groups (56)late-night find (26)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Delicious!Goodeats24Dined on 9/19/2014Our party of 4 enjoyed every bite of our dinner. Escargots and the Lobster Scrambled eggs to start. Both were fantastic! For entrees, I had salmon, 2 had the special coq-au-vin and our fourth had steak frites. Everyone was happy with their selection. Profiteroles and chocolate mousse for dessert. I was still full in the morning! Service was excellent as well. We will be back!Special Features:
- DeliciousGeorgeDined on 9/17/2014Our 3td time here & worth it! We were too early for our reservation & waited in the very busy bar area. We had 2 rounds of cocktails & the bartender remembered our first order even without running a tab! Julie was our server & she was awesome. The appetizers were outstanding, the French onion soup was excellent & the entrees, superb! I had the pork, my partner & our best friend had the salmon, all of which were done to perfection. On to the scrumptious desserts to finish off another wonderful meal.Special Features:
- I am in love....JenBaronVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is perhaps my new favorite restaurant! Have been wanting to go for quite some time, finally made it and it was everything I had hoped for. Food was outstanding! EVERY bite was a dream! Service was impeccable and I cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014The setting is lovely, but the atmosphere is stiff, not welcoming. The food was very good, but very expensive and with everything a la carte, it's just not enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Service fair. Food good. Mon Ami in linvoln Park much better. Nothing special. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Superb qualityQuovadisDined on 9/15/2014The standard menu reads like many other Chicago bistro mainstays, but the overall food quality is fantastic. Superior ingredients. No shortcuts. Everything looks and tastes "comme il faut." If you are yourself a cook who does French food you will immediately know that good things go on in the Paris Club Bistro kitchen. Cozy setting in the refurbished front of house, and excellent service. Very nice list of carefully chosen wines, mostly French. Not cheap, but an excellent value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014The noise from the club above the restaurant was loud and not energetic. Our car was damaged by the valet parking and we still have not heard back from anyone. I will never go back!!
- Great Ambiance, Mediocre MealalisebDined on 9/13/2014This is definitely a fun, date night hot spot and lively social scene, with a romantic and exciting atmosphere. My fiance and I had a great time dining here and our server was very kind and attentive the entire time. We were seated right away. The food, while not bad, is glorified bar food at 4-star restaurant prices. We paid $40 for a lobster risotto special, which was merely lobster bisque mixed with rice. We paid another $40 for a fish special, but the fish was more plain and bland than what I would make on a weeknight. The cocktails and dessert were marvelous. I will come back for drinks and dessert, probably not for dinner.Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectations!MoonRiver1VIPDined on 9/13/2014We were going with friends - a first time experience for all of us. What an unexpected surprise! The ambiance was very appealing to us (unlike the set- up of the prior restaurant that occupied that space). Clubby, warm, a variety of table seating - fabulous food and wine list. The best part is that the design of the restaurant is also very conversation-friendly. If you like skate-wing, the preparation was wonderful. The chocolate eclair is large enough to feed four! We will definitely go back for special occasions. "Merci" - for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little Paris in ChicagoHeleneMVIPDined on 9/12/2014Paris Club has the look and feel of one of those great neighborhood bistros along the St. Germain des Pres. Picture perfect Steak Frites and tasted good, too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014For those of us that have seen the various revisions from Brasserie Jo to Paris Club, the menu is back to very good Alsatian dishes. We were a little disappointed that the former spacious bar area has been brick walled off for a noodle shop....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!abg123Dined on 9/6/2014Everything my boyfriend and I ate at Paris Club was delicious. It was pricey but awesome. Good ambiance too. The bathrooms left a little to be desired - they are perfectly nice, but there are only two bathrooms total (toilet + sink)x2 for everyone, male and female. The only thing that really bothered me was that despite the fact that we had a reservation, we were seated in the bar area. We were seated immediately even though we were 5 minutes early, so there's that consolation. We felt like we were rushed out at the end - probably because we were in the bar area.Special Features:
- 20th Annivesary dinnerdboyjamesDined on 9/6/2014The whole evening was great. Good service, the food was outstanding and the ambience was perfect. The only complaint, and it is a minor one, is the wine arrived a few minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oliveVIPDined on 9/5/2014Paris Club remains one of our favorite restaurants in Chicago - by far the best of the Lettuce Entertain You Group selections. The menu features some of their best dishes and I strongly recommend the Duck for Two. Save room for dessert! The service is always friendly and accomodating. You really can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Food better than ParistomaDined on 8/30/2014This was our fifth visit to Paris Club. The food is always excellent. I like the old layout and decor better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SMW84VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious and the service was great! Good for date night, or a group dinner. Only item we weren't in love with was the chocolate mousse; everything else was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Oustanding food and serviceLenoreDined on 8/29/2014My girlfriends and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner and the service was outstanding. Our waitress Mallory was very helpful with food choices as well as places to go after dinner. We tried the Escargot which was outstanding and the desserts are a must "try". We dined on the Lobster Risotto and the Salmon which were exceptional. We also had the appetizer special....the seared scallops which were the best I have ever eaten. I will definitely make a return trip to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Russ WatkinsRussDined on 8/27/2014We had not been to Paris Club in a while, and were happy to find that it was still serving great food! The interior was very nice, and a lot more fancy than before. The service was excellent, and out server created a very french feel to the delivery, no nonsense but very attentive. The entrees were excellent, and the pastry provided for my wife's birthday made our evening complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXTREMELY GOOD FOOD BUT......PangurBanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Got there very early for a pre-theatre dinner and were almost alone during must of our dinner so service should have been excellent. Had two EXCELLENT entrees -- Salmon & Lobster risotto after comp cheese balls apps and a great wine. But deserts, service and veg not up to the level of the entrees. We will try it again but stay with basics and plan to take our time.Special Features:
- Just like the real thing!DanieocVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I have been to Paris several times. For our 45th wedding anniversary we decided to try the Paris Club Bistro and Bar. The entire experience from beginning to end was wonderful. The service was courteous, friendly, and competent. The menu was tantalizing. I had the escargot and my husband had the mussels. Just like Paris.....delicious, hot and perfect. Both of us decided to have the traditional bistro fare of steak frites. The skirt steak was cooked to perfection, crispy on the outside, juicy and tender within and the trio of sauces...out of this world. The manager treated us to a glass of champagne to finish our meal as we were too full to have dessert. Wine, food, service and atmosphere....the perfect blend!Special Features:
- Great Food!AnneDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for my 40th Birthday Celebration. Staff and service was impeccable. Food was very high quality.Special Features:
- Great food, quite rushedFlirtatiaDined on 8/16/2014No question -- the food here is delicious and well prepared. Our foursome tried cocktails, wine, apps, mains and desserts and every dish was excellent. But if we say we need a minute with the menu, give us an actual minute. No exaggeration. We weren't slow -- we were headed to a show and the room was half empty. Still, we had to guard our plates, as we kept being asked if they could be taken while there was still food on them. It was utterly distracting and annoying and rather out of step with the French vibe. Yes, we talked to our server and the manager about it, but it didn't matter. Turning tables is clearly a pervasive strategy.
- Brasserie JoHugoVIPDined on 8/15/2014Bring back Brasseries Jo's food and atmosphere. No comparison to the latest try with Paris Club Bistro. Service still very good but the wait staff cannot do everything needed to make this a good restaurant.Special Features:
- delicious foodbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 8/12/2014Nice small portions. Amazing corn and profiteroles dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MetoyouDined on 8/6/2014Beef dishes were good, pork was overdone and dry. Server not attentive,didn't check on us after meals arrived.
- greatKeithJDined on 8/5/2014Food and ambiance where great. So much better then the first time we ate there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great cozy french restaurant2bostoniansDined on 8/5/2014My wife and I are from boston and we just loved this place. We went on a tues night. First of all everything we ate was delicious. Service was swift and the pace we liked. The ambiance was perhaps the best part for us. It felt like a Paris bistro. We had the theri bbc s and pork dishes. Their signature desert was amazing. Great spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding!JacquelinajoyDined on 8/4/2014My sister and I planned a last minute trip to Chicago, and we're obsessed with all things French, so we googled French restaurants in Chicago and made reservations. Our minds were blown, such an amazing experience, and even better food. Thank you for a wonderful night! This place is a must everytime we're in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodIEatAlotDined on 8/2/2014Best salmon dish I have eaten in my entire life. Perfectly cooked with a well balanced simple sauce, simply delicious! Girlfriend has the Hangar Steak which was also excellent. Bearnaise sauce was on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitors-loved it!TM1stVisitDined on 8/2/2014Everything was excellent. The good, the service, the wine-everything. I ordered oysters on a half shell and loved it, we ordered their version of the filet and loved it. Our only complaint was that it was a bit dark in there and the next table was within arms length. We got used to it after a while, but would have preferred it the other way around. Overall, great experience and we will definitely be coming back on our next chicago trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicecjh5102Dined on 7/30/2014Gianni gave prompt and caring service while the food was all outstanding, steak cooked perfectly, great wine selection and recommendations by the bartender as well as our server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/30/2014Don't get "the Famous Duck". It's oily, tasteless, and has multiple little bones. French onion soup was over cooked, also tasteless. Service was good and great ambiance.
- GoldcoastVIPDined on 7/28/2014I was disappointed in my recent visit. The tomato salad consisted of a few cherry tomatoes instead of the large sliced tomatoes I had expected and would have gotten at other places. Absolutely not worth what they charged. Additionally, my salmon and French fries were greasy.
- Great Experiencecalais01Dined on 7/27/2014We entertained relatives from out-of-state here last Sunday evening and we were all very impressed. Our server (I don't recall her giving us her name) was absolutely outstanding...personable, knowledgeable and very accommodating! She was able to explain the various cuts of steak offered and also suggested a wine that everyone was happy with. The food came out promptly and was delicious and cooked to everyone's preference. This was my first time here and I was a bit worried that it would be cavernous and noisy. Instead I was pleasantly surprised by it's subdued, warm decor and manageable acoustics. I (we) would definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French classicsIzzyVTDined on 7/26/2014Had the oysters, escargot and hangar steak. Everything delicious and served with understated elegance. Wait staff was friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyKirkwoodMrsDined on 7/25/2014Had a lovely meal and despite crowd we were seated within minutes of our reservation time. Not bad for Chicago on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like Paris, with great serviceVines368Dined on 7/24/2014WE enjoyed a wonderful meal here, in gorgeous surroundings. Our server was vibrant, intelligent and knowledgeable. we asked for a wine recommendation and the wine person was at our table for several minues to help us with our selection. (He suggested a great Vouvray which we would never have picked for ourselves). Our food was excellent and we will be back many times.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/23/2014Clubby atmosphere suggestive of, of all things, a Paris Bistro! Food is also typical with several versions of steak frites, mussels, escargot, roast chicken etc. French wine list has some good values. My wife and I have gone 3 or 4 times and the food is consistently high quality, well prepared and served.
- Outstanding resaurant2havefunVIPDined on 7/22/2014Love the new décor. It is very cozy, elegant and intimate. Malory was a knowledgeable and attentive waitress. They have these delicious warm cheese puff pastries (COMPLEMENTRY) that melt in your mouth. I told her I loved them and she brought me more. The steak and frite with the bearnise sauce was very well prepared. There were other dinner selections I can't wait to try. To top off my night the manager sent over a small éclair because in visiting my table I made the comment to him that the dessert list looked great but I did not have room for a full dessert. The dinner made me feel special and isn't that what dining is about.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJLshopDined on 7/20/2014Tried this restaurant new for our anniversary. We have enjoyed other French restaurants in Chicago and this one was just as great! Delicious food (we shared the orange spiced duck), old Paris atmosphere, wonderful service. We would come back for a romantic night. I thought the servings of food were larger than most French restaurants. A little too much for me, but others may prefer that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.