Paris Club Bistro and Bar
59 W. Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Paris Club Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parisclubbistroandbar.com/
- Phone: (312) 595-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Doug Psaltis and Christian Eckmann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.595.0800 for more details.
- Special Events: Wine director Ryan Arnold will present French Wine Demystified - a quick but comprehensive approach to wine education. In this series, he’ll take a casual approach to why French wine is, and always has been, the gold standard in the wine world. Classes include:
Follow the Leader
Aug. 19: Experience the impact of French wine across other regions as we taste and compare French wines to their Italian and Californian counterparts.
Rosé is the New Black
Sep. 9: Rosé is gaining more attention and popularity every year, yet many still think of it as sweet and seasonal. We will pour delicious rosés to change your mind and discuss why rosé is great 365 days a year.
A Toast to Champagne
Oct. 7: Let's raise a glass (…or six) and take a deeper look at the region that created bubbles for the world to enjoy.
Price is $40 per class. To reserve a seat, please contact our catering team at 312.595.0800 or email email@example.com
A word from Paris Club Bistro and Bar
Paris Club Bistro & Bar is Back! Gone is the industrial dining room, replaced with a warmer and more intimate setting. Plush leather booths, rich wood paneling and antique brass chandeliers create an environment of 1920s Paris. To further celebrate traditional France, Chef Partner Doug Psaltis and Executive Chef Christian Eckmann have focused on assembling a menu of celebrated classics like Hand-Cut Steak Tartare, French Onion Soup, Chateaubriand and Dover Sole Meunière.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Paris Club Bistro and Bar - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Paris Club Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
209 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (101)special occasion (99)romantic (97)hot spot (55)notable wine list (53)vibrant bar scene (49)good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (45)late-night find (18)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Just WonderfulMDarnellDined on 11/18/2014The food quality here is unmatched in Chicago. Careful preparation with excellent ingredients make this my favorite French restaurant in the city. The improved atmosphere adds immeasurably to the experience, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, but waited too long to be seated.Diner4Dined on 11/16/2014Food was delicious! However, we stood at the entrance and waited for over 15 minutes to be seated while the host dealt with another customer trying to find some sort of name in their rolodex. They need to be better at greeting their guests and seating them at their reserved tables on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Great for French Bistro FoodDonR3655Dined on 11/14/2014Very high quality across the board and great fun! The food was well prepared, served with attention and the ambiance was true to intended form. The menu offerings , while a bit limited for some, were very good and the wine list has terrific French values if one knows French wines. The desserts (try the éclair) were very good and were an excellent way to end the meal. Not inexpensive, especially if the wine flows, but well worth it for both young and mature (experienced) guests. Recommended!!! Final note; while we did not attend the upstairs "club", it was recommended by other bar guests. DRWSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DHB1DHB1Dined on 11/14/2014The food is so good, but the bar was full of noisy women with little respect for others. It was like being among a bunch of football fans. Next time I go to the restaurant itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Different than before, but still greatAcalDined on 11/13/2014It has been a while since I was at the Paris Club and the menu and restaurant changed quite a bit. Still, the food was great (the mussels were AMAZING) and we left very pleased.
- ExcellentVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great food an service. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Doesn't Match FoodGalaGalDined on 11/6/2014Seemed bartender and waitress lacked experience. 2 of 3 drinks mixed wrong. Martini in a hot glass just out of dishwasher (I know because I was told I had to wait. They had only been open 2 hrs). They didn't acknowledge 2 birthdays. Was hoping it would be my new favorite LEYE restaurant. The experience was a huge disappointment.Special Features:
- MSJSLMSJSLDined on 11/6/2014A cozy local spot serving French food. The escargot was good but not memorable. Trout was tasty but a bit heavy handed with the butter. Scallops seemed to be a better bet. No mixed vodka drinks unless you ask for one specifically. Many rum specialties. Would try other dishes next time.Special Features:
- Food Reviewleye1Dined on 11/5/2014Great steak, probably the best one I've ever eaten. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Risotto was on point as well.Special Features:
- Delightful evening - excellent foodNorthShoreFoodieDined on 11/5/2014We had a delightful evening. The Duck a l'orange for two was awesome. This is a whole duck, so be ready to take some home. Pricy, but comparable to other fine restaurants. Lengthy list of French wines. Be ready for the $80-ish cost for a bottle. We plan to go back for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fav River North spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014Everything is excellent here. Food is delicious, service is perfect, cocktails are great.Special Features:
- Everything was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food and service were fantastic. I would absolutely go back. Front desk could be a little more organized though-- we checked in for our reservation and they forgot to seat us until I asked them to 20 minutes later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining room service better than barcaferienneDined on 11/1/2014The first time, we ate in the bar and the service was so-so. The second time, we ate in the dining room and the service was much improved. Perhaps it helped that we ordered a bottle of wine.. Lobster scrambled eggs - creamy, light, yummy Dover sole- impressive presentation of whole fish but ended up a bit dry and lacked a flavorful sauce Profiteroles- lovely little bites of sweet French onion soup-classic, good, massive serving Lobster risotto(special)- delicious! Perfectly cooked and lovely flavors to highlight lobster I'm not a fan of the decor of the interior. It's much too dark and overwrought and reminds me more of a gentleman's club/boudoir than a French bistro. But if you can ignore that, it's pretty decent food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing AmbienceChrissy777Dined on 10/31/2014Food was really good and the service even better! Rebekah gave some suggestions and they were all great! Profiteroles were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puzzled and DisappointedOhFoodLoverDined on 10/31/2014I made a reservation thinking the ambiance and menu were the same as the last couple of times I ate here, but once I arrived I was surprised and disappointed by the changes. I liked the original contemporary vibe and thought the food was interesting and well prepared. I found myself apologizing to out of town guests for taking them to a traditional and boring restaurant with mediocre food when Chicago has so much else to offer!! Service was bland and also just okay. I love Lettuce restaurants, loved the old Brasserie Jo, liked the initial Paris Club... but won't be back here again!! I was surprised to be so disappointed by a Lettuce restaurant.
- Unique and coolOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Great bistro, nice vibe. Everything we ordered was great. The staff was friendly and pleasant. Try the Lobster Scrambled Eggs for an appetizer, or the Hasachi Parmentiere for dinner. I also had the pate, which they make in house. Their desserts were also great. I had the profiteroles, my colleague had the mousse (which was enough for 4 people).Special Features:
- ExcellentSedgroDined on 10/27/2014Everything Lettuce Entertain You touches turns to gold and this place is no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good but.....WinnieVIPDined on 10/23/2014Our first time at Paris Club. Like the menu, atmosphere and the food was excellent. Criticisms would be too loud background music and the main course being tabled way to quickly, almost before we could finish appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine French DiningDowntownDianeDined on 10/18/2014Everything a French restaurant should be. Elegant but cozy with great food and attentive service. They easily rearranged tables t o accommodate groups of all sizes. We were seared in a comfy leather booth and enjoyed Dover sole beautifully prepared and presented and a generous portion of lobster risotto. Desserts are big enough for sharing- recommend the salted Carmel projectiles.Special Features:
- Love the reconcepted Paris ClubMeaghanVIPDined on 10/15/2014Same great food but a cozier/more Parisian vibe. Great for a work dinner, or date.Special Features:
- prices ever climbingJanetteVIPDined on 10/14/2014I really like the decor, ambience and service. I think the entree prices especially three scallops for $28 is over the top. The menu is limited and there needs to be some better salad choices to go with a meal. A similar French Bistro, Margot has a better nenu. The oysters here were delicious as they should be for almost $30 a dozen. The profiterolles were delicious and shareable. I think value for our money is important and a few more choices importantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnDined on 10/12/2014JoHo, the restaurant"s partial owner and chef, is one of Chicago's best, but my dining experience fell short of expectations. Although it had elegant ambiance, a comfortable feeling and a moderate noise level, the menu lacked imagination and the quality of the dishes that I ordered and those of my guests that I tasted was not commensurate with either the prices or JoHo's capability.
- This place had it allFuchscalieDined on 10/11/2014We were charmed by attentive management, impressed by alert, unobtrusive knowledgable service and delighted by intriguing tastes. We read a couple of negative reviews before going (along with lots of positive ones as well) and I have to wonder if those negative people actually ate there! What a great experience we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I am still in love with this restaurant. Everything is perfect from the moment you walk in. Warm woods invite you to sit down, have a glass of wine, and pop a broccoli cheddar biscuit into your mouth while you preuse the (somewhat small) but inventive, yet classic, french menu. Everything on the menu is made with love, and cooked to perfection. C'est parfait. I am still craving every single dish I ate.Special Features:
- A wonderful no-kids eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We love our children dearly. And we dearly love the fleeting moments we can share as a couple away from our children. Paris Club exceeded my lofty expectations. The wine list was not overly complicated or overly priced. We enjoyed a bottle of rose', escargot, shrimp cocktail, chateaubriand, steak frites, pomme frites fried in duck fat, chocolate mousse and the rum sponge cake. WOW! Wonderful meal, wonderful service, wonderful atmosphere. Great place if you want to linger, or, if you are on short leash time-wise due to a show start or a nanny that needs to get home. A few more words about the meat. We ordered both medium rare and both arrived at the table perfectly medium rare. Not bleeding. Not cold. Medium rare. Their kitchen gets it.Special Features:
- ESOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014I really enjoyed the meal at Paris Club. The ambiance is sophisticated yet cozy. The waiter knew his stuff but was not obnoxious or over the top about anything. The mushroom risotto and lobster eggs were my favorites. We also love the cheese plate, especially the cheese from Indiana. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will dine here again.ChicagoanDined on 10/9/2014Excellent food and service. Very nice dinner with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Look, Same Great FoodHungryAlwaysDined on 10/8/2014The remodeled version of Paris Club is smaller. more intimate, very nice. But, the attraction here is the cheesy French Onion Soup and the Coq Au Vin. Great flavors, good service, will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Our waiter was excellent as was all the service. Food was fantastic, as was his drink & wine recommendations. Thanks again
- Bad ManagementRichierichVIPDined on 10/4/2014The bartennter and ous server were excelent the hostes and manager could have cared less if we were there When we arrived the resterant was slow and they treated us like the ugley sister Sat us next to the back of the open bar aera herd every glass drop.Special Features:
- No Jet LagJohnnyORDDined on 10/3/2014For those who love the experience of Paris, the Paris Club is the place. We had an early 5:30 Friday night dinner before the show. The bar was entertaining at this early time. We loved the service and we were impressed with the menu offerings. We will be back to enjoy a longer sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overflow music spoiled itTrishaVIPDined on 9/28/2014The new format adopted by the restaurant split the bistro and nightclub is a clash of experiences. On a Sunday night they had to play standards in an attempt to drown out the upstairs night club...at 7:30 pm, Sunday. Food and service were superb as I would expect from Exec Chef Joho.Special Features:
- Walk don't runsandyDined on 9/25/2014The former Beasserie Jo space is now a watered down version of a French bistro. It thinks it is better than it is. It is not bad, just not wonderful. Overly attentive service and fair food.Special Features:
- not bad, untill we found a spiderrnmintcDined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation for 7, to celebrate my birthday with 6 of my girlfriends. We all were very excited to check this place out. Everything went fine for like 30 mins, until one of then noticed a spider on the table. She didint know what to do, and covered the spider with her wine glass. And the spider is not the problem that I have. It is the way the situation was handled by the server, and her manager. They both casually chatted about that for a few minutes , like that was a pleasant topic to discuss. No acknowledgement of a problem, no attempt to do anything about that. We all were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious!Goodeats24Dined on 9/19/2014Our party of 4 enjoyed every bite of our dinner. Escargots and the Lobster Scrambled eggs to start. Both were fantastic! For entrees, I had salmon, 2 had the special coq-au-vin and our fourth had steak frites. Everyone was happy with their selection. Profiteroles and chocolate mousse for dessert. I was still full in the morning! Service was excellent as well. We will be back!Special Features:
- DeliciousGeorgeDined on 9/17/2014Our 3td time here & worth it! We were too early for our reservation & waited in the very busy bar area. We had 2 rounds of cocktails & the bartender remembered our first order even without running a tab! Julie was our server & she was awesome. The appetizers were outstanding, the French onion soup was excellent & the entrees, superb! I had the pork, my partner & our best friend had the salmon, all of which were done to perfection. On to the scrumptious desserts to finish off another wonderful meal.Special Features:
- I am in love....JenBaronVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is perhaps my new favorite restaurant! Have been wanting to go for quite some time, finally made it and it was everything I had hoped for. Food was outstanding! EVERY bite was a dream! Service was impeccable and I cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014The setting is lovely, but the atmosphere is stiff, not welcoming. The food was very good, but very expensive and with everything a la carte, it's just not enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Service fair. Food good. Mon Ami in linvoln Park much better. Nothing special. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Superb qualityQuovadisDined on 9/15/2014The standard menu reads like many other Chicago bistro mainstays, but the overall food quality is fantastic. Superior ingredients. No shortcuts. Everything looks and tastes "comme il faut." If you are yourself a cook who does French food you will immediately know that good things go on in the Paris Club Bistro kitchen. Cozy setting in the refurbished front of house, and excellent service. Very nice list of carefully chosen wines, mostly French. Not cheap, but an excellent value.Special Features: