Paris Club Bistro and Bar
59 W. Hubbard St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Paris Club Bistro and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parisclubbistroandbar.com/
- Phone: 3125950800x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Doug Psaltis and Christian Eckmann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.595.0800 for more details.
- Special Events: Wine director Ryan Arnold will present French Wine Demystified - a quick but comprehensive approach to wine education. In this series, he’ll take a casual approach to why French wine is, and always has been, the gold standard in the wine world. Classes include:
Follow the Leader
Aug. 19: Experience the impact of French wine across other regions as we taste and compare French wines to their Italian and Californian counterparts.
Rosé is the New Black
Sep. 9: Rosé is gaining more attention and popularity every year, yet many still think of it as sweet and seasonal. We will pour delicious rosés to change your mind and discuss why rosé is great 365 days a year.
A Toast to Champagne
Oct. 7: Let's raise a glass (…or six) and take a deeper look at the region that created bubbles for the world to enjoy.
Price is $40 per class. To reserve a seat, please contact our catering team at 312.595.0800 or email email@example.com
A word from Paris Club Bistro and Bar
Paris Club Bistro & Bar is Back! Gone is the industrial dining room, replaced with a warmer and more intimate setting. Plush leather booths, rich wood paneling and antique brass chandeliers create an environment of 1920s Paris. To further celebrate traditional France, Chef Partner Doug Psaltis and Executive Chef Christian Eckmann have focused on assembling a menu of celebrated classics like Hand-Cut Steak Tartare, French Onion Soup, Chateaubriand and Dover Sole Meunière.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Paris Club Bistro and Bar - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Paris Club Bistro and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (108)fit for foodies (108)notable wine list (57)vibrant bar scene (56)hot spot (54)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (44)late-night find (18)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Love the reconcepted Paris ClubMeaghanVIPDined on 10/15/2014Same great food but a cozier/more Parisian vibe. Great for a work dinner, or date.Special Features:
- prices ever climbingJanetteVIPDined on 10/14/2014I really like the decor, ambience and service. I think the entree prices especially three scallops for $28 is over the top. The menu is limited and there needs to be some better salad choices to go with a meal. A similar French Bistro, Margot has a better nenu. The oysters here were delicious as they should be for almost $30 a dozen. The profiterolles were delicious and shareable. I think value for our money is important and a few more choices importantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingJohnDined on 10/12/2014JoHo, the restaurant"s partial owner and chef, is one of Chicago's best, but my dining experience fell short of expectations. Although it had elegant ambiance, a comfortable feeling and a moderate noise level, the menu lacked imagination and the quality of the dishes that I ordered and those of my guests that I tasted was not commensurate with either the prices or JoHo's capability.
- This place had it allFuchscalieDined on 10/11/2014We were charmed by attentive management, impressed by alert, unobtrusive knowledgable service and delighted by intriguing tastes. We read a couple of negative reviews before going (along with lots of positive ones as well) and I have to wonder if those negative people actually ate there! What a great experience we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful no-kids eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We love our children dearly. And we dearly love the fleeting moments we can share as a couple away from our children. Paris Club exceeded my lofty expectations. The wine list was not overly complicated or overly priced. We enjoyed a bottle of rose', escargot, shrimp cocktail, chateaubriand, steak frites, pomme frites fried in duck fat, chocolate mousse and the rum sponge cake. WOW! Wonderful meal, wonderful service, wonderful atmosphere. Great place if you want to linger, or, if you are on short leash time-wise due to a show start or a nanny that needs to get home. A few more words about the meat. We ordered both medium rare and both arrived at the table perfectly medium rare. Not bleeding. Not cold. Medium rare. Their kitchen gets it.Special Features:
- ESOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014I really enjoyed the meal at Paris Club. The ambiance is sophisticated yet cozy. The waiter knew his stuff but was not obnoxious or over the top about anything. The mushroom risotto and lobster eggs were my favorites. We also love the cheese plate, especially the cheese from Indiana. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will dine here again.ChicagoanDined on 10/9/2014Excellent food and service. Very nice dinner with my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Look, Same Great FoodHungryAlwaysDined on 10/8/2014The remodeled version of Paris Club is smaller. more intimate, very nice. But, the attraction here is the cheesy French Onion Soup and the Coq Au Vin. Great flavors, good service, will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Our waiter was excellent as was all the service. Food was fantastic, as was his drink & wine recommendations. Thanks again
- Bad ManagementRichierichVIPDined on 10/4/2014The bartennter and ous server were excelent the hostes and manager could have cared less if we were there When we arrived the resterant was slow and they treated us like the ugley sister Sat us next to the back of the open bar aera herd every glass drop.Special Features:
- No Jet LagJohnnyORDDined on 10/3/2014For those who love the experience of Paris, the Paris Club is the place. We had an early 5:30 Friday night dinner before the show. The bar was entertaining at this early time. We loved the service and we were impressed with the menu offerings. We will be back to enjoy a longer sit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overflow music spoiled itTrishaVIPDined on 9/28/2014The new format adopted by the restaurant split the bistro and nightclub is a clash of experiences. On a Sunday night they had to play standards in an attempt to drown out the upstairs night club...at 7:30 pm, Sunday. Food and service were superb as I would expect from Exec Chef Joho.Special Features:
- Walk don't runsandyDined on 9/25/2014The former Beasserie Jo space is now a watered down version of a French bistro. It thinks it is better than it is. It is not bad, just not wonderful. Overly attentive service and fair food.Special Features:
- not bad, untill we found a spiderrnmintcDined on 9/19/2014I made a reservation for 7, to celebrate my birthday with 6 of my girlfriends. We all were very excited to check this place out. Everything went fine for like 30 mins, until one of then noticed a spider on the table. She didint know what to do, and covered the spider with her wine glass. And the spider is not the problem that I have. It is the way the situation was handled by the server, and her manager. They both casually chatted about that for a few minutes , like that was a pleasant topic to discuss. No acknowledgement of a problem, no attempt to do anything about that. We all were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious!Goodeats24Dined on 9/19/2014Our party of 4 enjoyed every bite of our dinner. Escargots and the Lobster Scrambled eggs to start. Both were fantastic! For entrees, I had salmon, 2 had the special coq-au-vin and our fourth had steak frites. Everyone was happy with their selection. Profiteroles and chocolate mousse for dessert. I was still full in the morning! Service was excellent as well. We will be back!Special Features:
- DeliciousGeorgeDined on 9/17/2014Our 3td time here & worth it! We were too early for our reservation & waited in the very busy bar area. We had 2 rounds of cocktails & the bartender remembered our first order even without running a tab! Julie was our server & she was awesome. The appetizers were outstanding, the French onion soup was excellent & the entrees, superb! I had the pork, my partner & our best friend had the salmon, all of which were done to perfection. On to the scrumptious desserts to finish off another wonderful meal.Special Features:
- I am in love....JenBaronVIPDined on 9/17/2014This is perhaps my new favorite restaurant! Have been wanting to go for quite some time, finally made it and it was everything I had hoped for. Food was outstanding! EVERY bite was a dream! Service was impeccable and I cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014The setting is lovely, but the atmosphere is stiff, not welcoming. The food was very good, but very expensive and with everything a la carte, it's just not enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014Service fair. Food good. Mon Ami in linvoln Park much better. Nothing special. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Superb qualityQuovadisDined on 9/15/2014The standard menu reads like many other Chicago bistro mainstays, but the overall food quality is fantastic. Superior ingredients. No shortcuts. Everything looks and tastes "comme il faut." If you are yourself a cook who does French food you will immediately know that good things go on in the Paris Club Bistro kitchen. Cozy setting in the refurbished front of house, and excellent service. Very nice list of carefully chosen wines, mostly French. Not cheap, but an excellent value.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014The noise from the club above the restaurant was loud and not energetic. Our car was damaged by the valet parking and we still have not heard back from anyone. I will never go back!!
- Great Ambiance, Mediocre MealalisebDined on 9/13/2014This is definitely a fun, date night hot spot and lively social scene, with a romantic and exciting atmosphere. My fiance and I had a great time dining here and our server was very kind and attentive the entire time. We were seated right away. The food, while not bad, is glorified bar food at 4-star restaurant prices. We paid $40 for a lobster risotto special, which was merely lobster bisque mixed with rice. We paid another $40 for a fish special, but the fish was more plain and bland than what I would make on a weeknight. The cocktails and dessert were marvelous. I will come back for drinks and dessert, probably not for dinner.Special Features:
- Exceeded my expectations!MoonRiver1VIPDined on 9/13/2014We were going with friends - a first time experience for all of us. What an unexpected surprise! The ambiance was very appealing to us (unlike the set- up of the prior restaurant that occupied that space). Clubby, warm, a variety of table seating - fabulous food and wine list. The best part is that the design of the restaurant is also very conversation-friendly. If you like skate-wing, the preparation was wonderful. The chocolate eclair is large enough to feed four! We will definitely go back for special occasions. "Merci" - for a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist trapFoodie1801VIPDined on 9/13/2014Service is friendly and accommodating but there are so many other authentic and affordable french food choices in this city. I'm afraid we accidentally fell into a tourist trap/seems like a chain. Don't do the same!
- A little Paris in ChicagoHeleneMVIPDined on 9/12/2014Paris Club has the look and feel of one of those great neighborhood bistros along the St. Germain des Pres. Picture perfect Steak Frites and tasted good, too!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014For those of us that have seen the various revisions from Brasserie Jo to Paris Club, the menu is back to very good Alsatian dishes. We were a little disappointed that the former spacious bar area has been brick walled off for a noodle shop....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!abg123Dined on 9/6/2014Everything my boyfriend and I ate at Paris Club was delicious. It was pricey but awesome. Good ambiance too. The bathrooms left a little to be desired - they are perfectly nice, but there are only two bathrooms total (toilet + sink)x2 for everyone, male and female. The only thing that really bothered me was that despite the fact that we had a reservation, we were seated in the bar area. We were seated immediately even though we were 5 minutes early, so there's that consolation. We felt like we were rushed out at the end - probably because we were in the bar area.Special Features:
- 20th Annivesary dinnerdboyjamesDined on 9/6/2014The whole evening was great. Good service, the food was outstanding and the ambience was perfect. The only complaint, and it is a minor one, is the wine arrived a few minutes late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oliveVIPDined on 9/5/2014Paris Club remains one of our favorite restaurants in Chicago - by far the best of the Lettuce Entertain You Group selections. The menu features some of their best dishes and I strongly recommend the Duck for Two. Save room for dessert! The service is always friendly and accomodating. You really can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- Food better than ParistomaDined on 8/30/2014This was our fifth visit to Paris Club. The food is always excellent. I like the old layout and decor better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SMW84VIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious and the service was great! Good for date night, or a group dinner. Only item we weren't in love with was the chocolate mousse; everything else was fabulousSpecial Features:
- Oustanding food and serviceLenoreDined on 8/29/2014My girlfriends and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner and the service was outstanding. Our waitress Mallory was very helpful with food choices as well as places to go after dinner. We tried the Escargot which was outstanding and the desserts are a must "try". We dined on the Lobster Risotto and the Salmon which were exceptional. We also had the appetizer special....the seared scallops which were the best I have ever eaten. I will definitely make a return trip to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Russ WatkinsRussDined on 8/27/2014We had not been to Paris Club in a while, and were happy to find that it was still serving great food! The interior was very nice, and a lot more fancy than before. The service was excellent, and out server created a very french feel to the delivery, no nonsense but very attentive. The entrees were excellent, and the pastry provided for my wife's birthday made our evening complete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXTREMELY GOOD FOOD BUT......PangurBanVIPDined on 8/27/2014Got there very early for a pre-theatre dinner and were almost alone during must of our dinner so service should have been excellent. Had two EXCELLENT entrees -- Salmon & Lobster risotto after comp cheese balls apps and a great wine. But deserts, service and veg not up to the level of the entrees. We will try it again but stay with basics and plan to take our time.Special Features:
- Just like the real thing!DanieocVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I have been to Paris several times. For our 45th wedding anniversary we decided to try the Paris Club Bistro and Bar. The entire experience from beginning to end was wonderful. The service was courteous, friendly, and competent. The menu was tantalizing. I had the escargot and my husband had the mussels. Just like Paris.....delicious, hot and perfect. Both of us decided to have the traditional bistro fare of steak frites. The skirt steak was cooked to perfection, crispy on the outside, juicy and tender within and the trio of sauces...out of this world. The manager treated us to a glass of champagne to finish our meal as we were too full to have dessert. Wine, food, service and atmosphere....the perfect blend!Special Features:
- Great Food!AnneDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for my 40th Birthday Celebration. Staff and service was impeccable. Food was very high quality.Special Features:
- Great food, quite rushedFlirtatiaDined on 8/16/2014No question -- the food here is delicious and well prepared. Our foursome tried cocktails, wine, apps, mains and desserts and every dish was excellent. But if we say we need a minute with the menu, give us an actual minute. No exaggeration. We weren't slow -- we were headed to a show and the room was half empty. Still, we had to guard our plates, as we kept being asked if they could be taken while there was still food on them. It was utterly distracting and annoying and rather out of step with the French vibe. Yes, we talked to our server and the manager about it, but it didn't matter. Turning tables is clearly a pervasive strategy.
- Brasserie JoHugoVIPDined on 8/15/2014Bring back Brasseries Jo's food and atmosphere. No comparison to the latest try with Paris Club Bistro. Service still very good but the wait staff cannot do everything needed to make this a good restaurant.Special Features:
- delicious foodbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 8/12/2014Nice small portions. Amazing corn and profiteroles dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MetoyouDined on 8/6/2014Beef dishes were good, pork was overdone and dry. Server not attentive,didn't check on us after meals arrived.