216 N Park Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parisbistroparkave.com/
- Phone: 4076714424x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:30pm - 8:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Sebastian Colce
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Paris Bistro
Bonjour! We are inspiring contemporary french cuisine to excellence right in the heart of Winter Park's infamous Park Avenue! Join us for lunch, dinner or perhaps even weekend brunch!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paris Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
romantic (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Paris Bistro ist WunderbarOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary by dining on Park Avenue at the Paris Bistro. Service was excellent, the food was too. She had the seafood over fettuccine with pesto and I had filet mignon with shrimps (surf n turf). She had white wine and I had beer. We had no dessert as we were stuffed. We arrived at 7pm, perfect for a Fall evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Who could resist a French inspired lunch for $11.95 (3 courses including dessert)? On the up side, the creme brulee was wonderful, as were the layered potatoes served in a small ramekin. The down side.....the Coq au Vin was just so-so. True, we were wanted it was served as two chicken drumsticks, but the issue was with the lack of flavor. My table mates ordered the crepe du jour which was chicken and mushrooms in a creamy sauce. They seemed pleased with their choice. One of ordered the Lapin Aux Pruneaux, slow cooked rabbit in wine sauce which seemed to please him. The $11.95 bargain lunch is only available with the purchase of a beverage. Will return to try again.Special Features:
- Great Service, Food & AmbianceMelissaDined on 10/16/2014The flounder was delicious. So was the cheese plate and the ahi tuna. Wonderful service. Great ambience. I think this place is known for its lunch and brunch but dinner was also great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Sassy222Dined on 10/2/2014My husband and I went here for our 10 year Anniversary. It was such a great experience. From the recommendations of the best dishes, to the wine list, to the ambiance... I couldn't ask for more. Our server was attentive and he showed just the right amount of respect for our privacy. I can't wait to go back. It is a hidden little gem in Winter Park, and I can't believe they aren't slammed every single night. I will recommend this as a great place to take anyone out to dinner or lunch!Special Features:
- Great FindDELightDined on 9/23/2014Paris Bistro was wonderful and will definitely return. Good for a couple or small group. We went before going to a play. Loved setting, food, and service.Special Features:
- Good but not greatrobdogDined on 8/3/2014I understand now why the place was practically empty on a Sunday evening at 7. Was hoping for an amazing French cousine experience but didn't get one. The filet is not what you would normally expect. Quite a bit of fat and the meat had the taste and texture of a really good pot roast. More than one of us at the table concurred with this. The salmon dish was ok but nothing special. I had the seafood vol veat (think that is the correct spelling) which was pretty good. Bananas Foster was nothing special and never did understand why a minimum of two orders was required. btw, not a flambé lit at the table. Wasn't served that way to us. It is a nice little restaurant and the service was great. Not sure I'd bother going back though.
- Awesome Mussels!!WPFoodieDined on 7/19/2014Great service--Josh in particular. Best mussels in WP! Paris Bistro is hidden, but find it and enjoy it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DishonestFoodie52Dined on 7/12/2014Our service was very good and the food was as well. However, my coq au vin was under seasoned though the other members of my party were pleased with their meals. We had a $20 dining check from Open Table that the restaurant refused to honor. They gave a very weak excuse claiming that they had just opened an open table account and couldn't process the check even though they have reviews on open table dated back to March. Clearly, they have not just opened an account. The check even says right on it to process as a traveler's check. They were clearly just not willing to accommodate this customer and that's poor service. I will not be back.Special Features:
- Paris BistroTinkDined on 7/5/2014One if my mothers favorit restaurants for brunch and lunch however it was her first time going to the Paris Bistro for Dinner. Over the Fourth of July it was surprisingly quiet. If you dont like crowds apparently Winter Park is the place to go! My husband and I enjoyed strolling down Park avenue with out the normal number of crowds that come to this area over weekends..so finding a good restaurant during a holiday weekend was a welcomed joy! The food was great, moderate wine list, great ambience,(it's hidden in a little alcove mall) delightful! We had attentive service, and for those that need special changes to your entre' of choice they were most accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Paris Bistro reviews archive.
- Mussels Heaven!WPFoodieDined on 6/21/2014For whatever reason, all three diners ordered the mussels as an entree. We all agreed that these were the best in Winter Park, perfectly done, with broth that forced us to order bread twice for dipping. Outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris Bistro - a mustNewfavoritefrencheateryDined on 6/14/2014It was our first time there and we will definitely go again. If it's available on the menu their cream of carrot soup is a must have. Whether for just walking off the street dining or a special occasion Paris Bistro is a gem for the city of Winter Park.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014This was my first visit and I will be back. This place is top drawer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!GinnycDined on 5/24/2014Want great food?This Winter Park gem offers French cuisine that doesn't disappoint.The wine list is extensive. We were a family of 5. We started out with 2 orders of escargot to share. It arrived with bread just slightly crusty, perfect to soak up the flavorful wine sauce. Most of our party ordered fish, from scallops, to shrimp, & flounder, which arrived in various sauces typical of the French. One person ordered the crusted rack of lamb. All outstanding as we shared bites. The list of sides (two included) made it hard to choose. I liked the potato's augratin, broccoli souffle,& sauteed mushrooms, but as I said, we shared & all were good. We chose Kenwood Chardonnay,which was affordable & nice. I would definitely go back. Superior service!Special Features:
- good food, but too slow for kidslacedDined on 5/21/2014I love the bistro for lunch, especially dining on the sidewalk under the tree under the roof .. it's the best of outdoor dining with all the ambience and none of the sun damage. Unfortunately, my experience there for dinner after a special event on a weekday evening was a little disappointing. The food was good and traditional, but the service was slow and a little off (missing setups, bread came late, etc.). I recommend it for a leisurely lunch outside, but I don't think I'll be returning for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris BistroDeliciousDined on 5/21/2014Great food! I had the Seafood Vol au Vent, my wife had the Coq au Vin. I greatly enjoyed my seafood! My wife described the chicken (Coq au Vin) as "flavorful and rich." We also had the frog legs in the garlic herb butter as an appetizer. I can't say I enjoyed the frog logs, but by no fault of the restaurant - just a matter of personal taste. The garlic herb butter was amazing and I would have ordered a glass of it if I could have. The ambience was very nice too. The restaurant had a classic feel to it, with red plush around the room and mirrors and chandeliers. The service was also pretty good. Our waiter was attentive and prompt to greet us. He described the chef's specials very well - enough to convince me to get it. No complaints!Special Features:
- Nice Ambiance...good foodStephenDined on 5/18/2014The location right off park Ave is excellent. You can sit on the Ave or eat inside. The interior is pretty cool, with high back booths that are a crushed red velvet feel. It's a good place for a date, with a good selection of wine and nice menu.Special Features:
- Very disappointedJpl3992Dined on 5/10/2014It had been about 6 months to a year since our last visit, which we enjoyed. Prices seem to have gone up and quality went down. Doubt that we'll go back.
- Riche Cuisine FrançaiseLaresDined on 5/9/2014Great French Food! Hats off to the chef! The food is delicious with French authentic flavors! The male hostess was welcoming but the waiters working at the tables in the restaurant need to be more attentive to the guests and provide stellar customer service Délicieux!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice birthday lunchboolooDined on 5/8/2014Took my BFF there and we each had the 3 course specials with a glass of wine. Fantastic food and service. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely to pretend to be in Paris!!!deuxamisbakerDined on 4/9/2014A lovely lunch for three while on vacation ... I adore Paris so this was a fun visit to pretend for a couple of hours...the interior setting is very authentic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for an anniversaryCobontDined on 4/1/2014We celebrated our anniversary with friends...2nd year in a row. Thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant, our server John, and everyone enjoyed their meal. We'll be back next year and, I'm sure, before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trainee did well.SnapJackDined on 3/18/2014My guest and I enjoyed our business meeting over lunch in a nice setting without unnecessary interruptions from service staff. We found the veal special an excellent value. Presentation was fine, however the crème brulee wasn't the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; very poor serviceMaddiNordiDined on 3/15/2014I booked a party of seven for my boyfriend's birthday recently. The food was phenomenal! We had the lamb, rabbit, duck, and the seafood pasta as entrees and were very pleased. Soups and salads were also above par, though the restaurant was out of creme brûlée at 7 on a Saturday night, despite a nearly empty dining room. This was very disappointing. Additionally our server was pretentious, unattentive, and was irritable when asked about the menu. He was only working two tables, so he shouldn't have been stressed or pressured at all. He really damaged the entire experience. The food, however, was amazing. We will definitely try again in hopes of better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris Bistro is a great placejjimDined on 3/14/2014Paris Bistro is a great place for that "special" occasion...The ambience is remarkable, and the food is delish...The rack of lamb was cooked perfect to order, and the scallops were very tasty...Our waiter was right on target with each course, and most importantly, never let our wine glass empty... Thanks Paris Bistro for a GREAT experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday brunchmikeDined on 3/2/2014food is good. love the bottomless sparkling champagne during brunch !!!Special Features:
- Odd start, but good food.JasonDined on 2/15/2014The host thinks he's a bouncer and stopped us at the sidewalk. He stepped in front of us to ask if we had a reservation, and then could not find our reservation on his clipboard. We saw this happen to two other couples while we were there. To our surprise, we sat outside the restaurant at tables that look as if they were purchased at Lowes. This is an elegant French restaurant, not a BBQ joint. Our server waited 5-10 minutes before he showed up. He was slow all night. We immediately found out the French restaurant was out of French onion soup. How? My wife's chicken was excellent, as was her mushroom soup. I had the rabbit and it was exquisite. My escargot was oily. The 2 desserts we tried were quite good, as was the wine.Special Features:
- maybe another timefirsttimeinWPDined on 2/14/2014. Our waiter informs us that they are out of the clam chowder; as hospitality professional, I know this happens. Informs us they do have a cream of carrot soup as a substitute. Menu was a 3 course Prix Fixe deal. choice of .2 apps, 4 entrees and 2 desserts. Was looking forward to the Rack of Lamb as advertised and my date ordered the Salmon. Was a bit disappointed as I was served 4 individual lamb chop "lollipops" each grilled separately and not roasted like a whole "rack". The chops were cooked medium as requested but underseasoned and the sauce was unremarkable. Mashed potatoes were disappointing as well. My date's Salmon was cooked moist but she did not enjoy the red pepper coulis or the potaotes either.Dessert was best part of mealSpecial Features:
- Excellent food & service.goodeatsDined on 2/13/2014Excellent food & service. Visited for wife's bday & enjoyed the experience. A bit pricey but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChristmasStNickDined on 12/24/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and our waitress. We come to Winter Park on our way to Tampa (and sometimes on the way back) each year, and we love coming to Winter Park. We had not chosen your restaurant before, but we will again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely food beautifully presentedYounggreysDined on 12/8/2013My wife and I are over from the UK and dined at the Bistro following the excellent reviews that we had read. The Bistro lived up to expectations, it is intimate but not over the top, services was attentive but not intrusive, highly recommend for couples. The food was very good, we enjoyed a variety of choices all very well cooked and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/5/2013I used to frequent this restaurant when it was located in a strip mall off Aloma Ave. near Goldenrod. This was the first time I've been to it since it moved onto Park Ave, and I was quite disappointed. The food took almost an hour to come out, and one of the three entrees was very overcooked and had to be sent back. Once the Mahi Mahi was recooked, it was a 7/10. The peach duck, and the coq au vin were solid 6/10 from the beginning. Nothing in particular was wrong with the dishes, they just failed to leave an impression with great flare or flavor. It's very hard for me to stomach giving this place another try at their new location, seeing that our meal for three with no alcohol topped $100, and was nothing to write home about.
- tasteless in wpOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2013The food at the paris bistro was sooo boring. I have eaten frog legs all my life, but the frog legs here had no flavor at all. Same with the rabbit.
- Champs-Elysees in Winter Park, FLOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2013The small restaurant recreates the feel of a French bistro in the middle of an American town, complete with authentic French decor, garçons in French attendant attire, and deliciously prepared cuisine. We had the pâté de foie gras and escargots as appetizers, and they did not disappoint. We even dipped our baguette in the buttery sauce of the escargots, leaving nothing behind! For the main course we had the seafood vol au vent (the filo dough was divine with the scallops and shrimp), the rack of lamb (moist, tender, and melts in your mouth), and the steak and shrimp (done to perfection on a bed of mushroom sauce). I am sure we will return again during our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter Park BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2013Outstanding food and service awaits you at the Paris Bistro. Excellent selection of entrees, salads, appetizers, and side dishes. Not your standard fare, but delicious with every bite. Retaurant is small, but it adds to the romantic ambiance. Outside seating is avaliable, at stree level, just as if you were in France. Great experience and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticHunt2findDined on 11/20/2013Beautiful dining spot. Excellent service and FOOD divine. 5 star dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing find!MeganDined on 11/9/2013From the moment we entered from Park Ave. we were made to feel special. The entire staff greeted us, explained specials and gave us plenty of time to make choices from an interesting wine list. This was a great choice to celebrate my son's promotion! Both food and atmosphere were as advertised.....wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2013My wife and I went here for our 3 year anniversary and it was a wonderful experience. The food was amazing! Our waiter was very knowledgeable, helpful, and provided excellent service. The atmosphere was incredible. Everything was perfect, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but tiny portions.orlandodinerDined on 10/24/2013The food was good but the portions were extremely tiny. I got 3 little scallops, about 10 green beans, and half of a tiny boiled potato for $20. My husband got the lamb chops and it was also a very small portion for over $30. This might be a better place for lunch. We left very hungry!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a group of eight andShelaghDined on 10/12/2013We were a group of eight and received great service and the food was delicious. The restaurant is inside a building with tables set up outside in the building "mall-like" area. So it was a little strange stranger sitting "outside" but it really wasn't a distraction or uncomfortable. Being a Saturday evening there were only a few people walking by. We had fun and I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- WOnderful Food & AmbianceGeorgesVIPDined on 10/5/2013Chose PB when searching Open Table for dinner in Winter Park. We were very happy to have discovered this gem. The atmosphere and dining room decor brought back memories of a genuiune Parisian bistro visited years ago with our Parisian friends. There are street tables but was very glad we chose to eat inside. Many, many appealing menu options and delicious happy hour $5.00/glass of wine. Enjoyed the duck breast w/peach sauce and Seafood in pastry. So nice to eat in a quiet dining room, complimented by quiet french background music. Our server was lovely..professional and warm. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.