6018 Penn Circle South
Pittsburgh, PA 15206Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paris66bistro.com/
- Phone: (412) 404-8166
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Di Gristina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Paris 66 can accommodate private parties of up to 35 guests (options available for larger groups.) Our heated patio is a lovely setting for rehearsal dinners, baby showers, graduations, birthdays, and anniversaries. Food and beverage minimums apply; deposit required.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Rongier or Mark Towers 4124048166
A word from Paris 66
Enter Paris 66 and you will immediately feel transported to a French Bistro down to the last detail. This upscale, award-winning haven is not only a "family affair" – exclusively owned & operated with love by doting duo Frederic and Lori Rongier – but it is also that rare combination of worlds - intimate and inviting, yet appropriate for both special occasions & casual get-togethers. We bring a menu of everyday French culinary classics by offering up the perfect marriage of local/organic sensibilities with French influences & techniques. A superb wine list invites and ensures you to find the most perfect wine to pair with the delicious flavors created in the open kitchen. Sip our signature cocktail from the sidewalk terrace in the warmer months or enjoy our perennially popular heated patio in the rear. And of course, no visit is complete without a taste of one of the artistically masterful and masterfully artistic delectable creations of Master Pastry Chef David Piquard. Bon Appétit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Paris 66 - Best Restaurants in Shadyside ›
Paris 66 reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)neighborhood gem (65)romantic (59)special occasion (54)notable wine list (26)great for brunch (26)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (21)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)good for groups (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- 6burghfoodieVIPDined on 11/15/2014Paris 66 provided the most amazing meal I have had in months. Started with the muscles, then arugula salad, amazing lamb stew, topped with a basil macaroon and coffee. The portions were plenty for sharing. All the food courses came out very hot and in a timely manner. Our server Marie-Lise was one of the most talented, knowledgeable, friendly individuals that I have ever encountered. Her suggestions were spot on. Her demeanor was gracious and most attentive yet not over bearing. Paris 66 will be a must revisit in the near future. I will definitely be requesting Marie-Lise as my server for sure!!! Loved the valet option as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moules Frites and MoreElaineVIPDined on 11/14/2014If I lived in Pittsburgh, I would eat at Paris 66 every day! My favorite fish soup was wonderful, and I couldn't stop soaking up the delicious sauce from my mariniere moules frites. The service was wonderful and we wouldn't typically be in a hurry in a French restaurant, but they accommodated us perfectly. The French speaking staff make it feel as if you are in a bistro in France, and they will most certainly humor you if you want to try to order in French. Lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved it.ccdteachDined on 11/10/2014I took a friend with me that had never been there before and we ordered the Filet and it was done perfectly. Food was great, the service outstanding and now my friend said that she will keep that in mind for a special occasion for her family. Keep up the good work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchneofoodieDined on 11/9/2014Best that I can say is that is was just a notch above average. Server Mary was great, very cooperative, and the coffee cups were kept full-unfortunately the fill-ups were lukewarm. (not Mary's fault) Food was OK. Spouse had the Paris 66 buckwheat crepes b/c of their gluten-freeness and found them very tasty. I had Eggs Provencale and basic butter & sugar crepes. Eggs Provencale was tasty but lukewarm and swimming in liquid at the bottom of the dish. Crepe was cold. (See the theme here?) We'd go again but would want to find something on the menu that would be better than lukewarm when it arrives. "A notch above average" is not worth it when the price for the meal is way above average!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find!klgburghDined on 11/8/2014My fiancé and I went here for our last "date night" before our wedding the week after. I felt like I was in france when we were there. The service was great as well as the food. I would totally come back here!Special Features:
- Great date night spotHof26Dined on 11/7/2014A Quaint restaurant with an ambience that represented an authentic Paris restaurant. The wine was great, the food was good. Started out with the Tuna tartar (the french name was used on the menu) it was not what I was expecting but it was tasty. The citrus from the mango complimented the tuna nicely. Mine and my boyfriends entrees were great. We will definatly be back from another romantic evening out!Special Features:
- Special + romantic = expensiveshrinkrapDined on 11/7/2014As it was a special occasion, I was not limited by price, and two entrees, sharing an appetizer and dessert plus a $90. bottle of wine came to $236.(before tip). But I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The charming ambiance, food quality and presentation with exquisite French sauces, discreet but attentive and cheerful staff, who did not hurry us in any way despite a busy Friday evening, made for a memorable event as I was hoping. I'm sure its possible to experience most of what we did for less cost if that was necessary. But for a special, romantic dinner Paris 66 is as fine a place that Pittsburgh has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excelent FoodDrSalgadoVIPDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant was very good in term of food quality and service. Noise level little high but overall was great. I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just greatJeitaDined on 10/24/2014great place amazing food at good price , service perfect and good win selectionsSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Brunchgourmet67Dined on 10/19/2014We had a group get together to start planning our 30th High School Reunion. We had a few out of towners that hadn't been back to Pittsburgh in a while. I chose this restaurant based on reputation and it turned out to be a great choice. The food was excellent, service was fantastic, and they gave us a table on the covered back patio that was perfect! I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone that loves good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie to the maxxxooVIPDined on 10/18/2014I had really been looking forward to trying Paris 66, but was very disappointed. Although the servers were very pleasant they really rushed us through our courses, just finished the first course and the 2nd was served immediately even after telling the server we were in no hurry. We ordered mussels and although the sauce was divine, the mussels were so tiny it was ridiculous. If that was the best they could find, they shouldn't have them on their menu. We also ordered the lamb stew, which was more like a broth soup with very large chunks of vegetables that had to be cut up and much fewer lamb chunks that were not very tender. Both items were disappointing.
- It's like being in ParisGeorgeDVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were in Pittsburg visiting and went to Paris 66 by random selection. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. The food was fantastic and the service very good. However, I was quite surprised when presented with the bill at the end, which showed that the 2 specials that day, which I ordered, were about 2x the cost of items in the normal menu, and I was not given any notice about the price from our waitress when the specials were presented. This is the one reason why I gave Service only 3 stars. I would certainly dine at Paris 66 again, but next time I will inquire on the price of their specials before ordering.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014We had a wonderful evering at Paris 66. The food is spectacular and the service is wonderful as well. The moules frite with gorgonzola were the highlight, although the foie gras with figs was also hard to beat!Special Features:
- Extraordinaire! Merci beaucoup!CathyDined on 10/3/2014I took my French-speaking mother for dinner & we loved the good & conversation. However, it is noisy & we both have hearing problems so that made intimate communication difficult. Nevertheless, she loved speaking French & I loved listening. The food is absolutely the best I've ever eaten. She had ton tartar (tuna) & I had a crepe with cheese, ham, egg, mushrooms & tomatoes. Wow! From other visits I know the desserts are to-die-for. The bread which came with the meal was wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incroyable!PGHdelightDined on 9/27/2014Our server was delightful and the food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentDelightfulDined on 9/26/2014Memorable experience . . . visited with my sister who speaks French and was fun listening to her speak to our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmoshpereDr22Dined on 9/20/2014First time at Paris 66. We had frog legs and bouchees a la Reine for appetizers, and crevettes provencales and magret de canard for the main course. The food was exceptional. We had a new server who was very good. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Great date nightmedschooleaterDined on 9/20/2014Went here for a fancier-than-normal date night with my boyfriend. The ambiance was great - seemed very authentic and the restaurant was very pretty. I got the rib-eye with Au Poivre sauce -- both were great. Meat was flavorful and cooked perfectly. Boyfriend got the lamb, the special of the night, and enjoyed it as well. Ended the night with the apple crepe and the creme brulee (both delicious as well). Overall a great night! The drinks were a little expensive, but they were very good, which made up for it.Special Features:
- A little Bit of Paris in PittsburghKotarDined on 9/19/2014We loved Paris 66! The atmosphere took us back to Paris. But more importantly, the food is awesome! The duck is terrific, very tender with a beautiful raspberry sauce. My husband raved about the veal. The chocolate mousse for dessert is a must. We had a lovely evening at Paris 66 and are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only negativeEddiebugDined on 9/19/2014While the staff is unable to control the construction noise near outside dining they should alert patrons and check back to be sure they are not uncomfortable. Food,staff, everything else was wonderful and hopefully the outside construction will be completed soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodguyDined on 9/13/2014My girlfriend and I had a terrific meal this weekend. The food and service were both out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dinner and ServiceTapaseverywhereDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated a friend's 70th with French Martini's, wine and a tapas of food for sharing. Nonproblem with the service staff for doing this less than common style at Paris 66! It was great- soup, multiple appetizers, a wonderful salad and a great main course were all shared. All excellent- look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere, staff and menu of a true Parisian bistro. Very authentic.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful experienceAshleyD689Dined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday, both of us being big fans of Parisian dining, and wow. From beginning to end, Paris 66 did not disappoint in the least bit. Our waitress, was so attentive and friendly and really added to the exceptional service at this restaurant. The food and drinks were exquisite to add to the romantic and peaceful ambiance. We left feeling completely, above and beyond, satisfied. This restaurant is absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 hour dinnerlebeukVIPDined on 9/9/2014We arrived for our reservation at 7:30 and left at 9:30; we were two people and had only two courses. We had onion soup that came in a timely manner, but then we waited forever for our Salade Nicoise and Escalope de Veau. The restaurant wasn't very busy...maybe 1/3 full. We have been to Paris 66 many times, and this was by far the worst service we have ever had. We have read many reviews that have said the service was slow, but this is the first time we have experienced it...not enjoyable to wait that long.Special Features:
- A beautil day for a BrunchJayBDined on 9/7/2014For the first time taking my Nephew he was very impressed with the service, he couldn't eat the fast enough as he so much enjoyed it. The entire staff and our server "Marie-Lise" was so professional yet with warmness. When leaving my Nephew thanked me for taking him to Paris. He now wants to return and try more French food. I have never been disappointed at Paris 66 and will continue to back and always recommend Paris 66 to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChetMartyDined on 9/6/2014Good food and good atmosphere. Inside can get a bit noisy. Outside patio is much more quiet and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticDangerLoveDined on 9/4/2014Excellent for that special romantic date. A little bit on the expensive side, but that what you do on special occasions. Very wide wine list and excellent and courteous staff. Best authentic french cuisine that I have experienced in Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- Good french restaurantruthiesheeDined on 9/2/2014Took the husband here for his birthday. Cozy ambience, nice staff. Broccoli soup special wasn't too creamy, which was a relief. Frog leg appetizer special was quite greasy, but tasty and moist. Ordered the shrimp pasta as my main dish - delicious but again very very greasy. Husband ordered his filet mignon medium rare and it came out perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our experience at Paris 66 was delightful in every way ~ the ease of using their valet parking, being seated in the patio area, attentive waiter, delicious food. I recommend Paris 66.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnifiqueMrBAKDined on 8/30/2014This is by far the best French restaurant in Pittsburgh. The server (Sarah) was wonderful. The servers understand the food and the wine. The ingredients fresh and the preparation exceptional. One of the highlights was the calves liver (over the top). It was the best I had in my life. I come here when I want a superb meal. We had a group of four and all were completely satisfied and beyond. For first timers you will find the menu accessible. The price is worth every penny.Special Features:
- WonderfulPGH57Dined on 8/30/2014Great ambience, a little noisy at first, excellent food and our waiter was outstanding and from France. Made our anniversary celebration memorable.Special Features:
- Delicious specialsMarlVIPDined on 8/30/2014You will find very good food, well prepared at Paris 66. But you better be able to shout if you want to be heard by your dinner partner since the noise level of chatter is great on a busy weekend night.Special Features:
- DisappointingdzOHDined on 8/29/2014We had expected a pretty special dining experience at Paris 66, but our meal was inconsistent (chef away for the holiday?). The "campagnard" plate of cheese and charcuterie as appetizer was great and highly recommended ($21 and can serve 2 or 3). My mussels "mariniere" smelled off, about a quarter of them were unopened, and another third tasted like they'd been reheated from lunch. The side of haricots verts we ordered arrived at table more gray than green. We sent them back. What came out to replace them was only slightly better, looked and tasted like grocery store green beans, not the skinny, fresh haricots we would have expected at a place like this. The raspberry tart we shared for dessert was OK. Nowhere near what I expected.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner & eveningOpencarDined on 8/26/2014The food was great - from cheese and sausage plate to fish, pasta and duck main courses to crepes and coffee after dinner. Service was fabulous as we got to practice our French (not a requirement) and had a nice surprise when our dessert came. We will be going back...Special Features:
- ExcellentccdteachDined on 8/25/2014We were supposed to have 5 people but only 3 showed up. The meal was excellent and the service was good. The new person in the group who had not been there before was really happy with what she got and the ambiance of Paris 66. The food was great and definitely we'll be back.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceLivetoeatDined on 8/23/2014Dined with my girlfriend on a busy Sat. night. The foie gras was very good and the entree of veal was also very tasty. However, the service was horrible. The server made us feel rushed and forgot my salad. She then served it with my meal offering no apologies. Also had to ask for more bread. My girlfriend had the shrimp dish that she did not like. When the waitress asked her how it was and she said "not so good" it was met with a response of shrugged shoulders. Very disappointing because we really wanted to like this place. Would not recommend and won't go back. You only have one chance to make a first impression and I will spend my money at other places.
- Excellent Parisian foodNewfoodieDined on 8/23/2014I recently visited Paris, and going to Paris 66 brought me back there! Excellent food, great wine, and lovely decor. Check it out for a true Paris experience.Special Features:
- PARIS 66 AT DINNERFOODLIFE49Dined on 8/22/2014The cosy room is decorated in French Bistro style. Patio looks on a construction site 15 feet away. French baguette recently baked (not reheated) was excellent, lacked salt. Escargot could use more garlic and more salt. Nicoise salad was exceptional, with lovely dressing; could serve as main course. Server confirmed duck breast is done medium rare, which I endorsed, but it came well done. Unfortunate, as the raspberry sauce was quite nice and the accompanying potatoes dauphinoise were very good. Don't bother ordering a cappucino; watery flavor and served in the most awful of ways; a glass mug. Server appeared immature and presented herself far too often, even after we advised we were planning a leisurely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always GREAT FOODccdteachDined on 8/18/2014The soup was excellent and so was the service. I had ordered the pasta provancale and I personally did not like the sauce. However, my guest thought it was great. And what word can you use to describe how delicious the dessert was. Definitely we will be back.Special Features: