6018 Penn Circle South
Pittsburgh, PA 15206Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paris66bistro.com/
- Phone: 4124048166
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Di Gristina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Paris 66 can accommodate private parties of up to 35 guests (options available for larger groups.) Our heated patio is a lovely setting for rehearsal dinners, baby showers, graduations, birthdays, and anniversaries. Food and beverage minimums apply; deposit required.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Rongier or Mark Towers 4124048166
A word from Paris 66
Enter Paris 66 and you will immediately feel transported to a French Bistro down to the last detail. This upscale, award-winning haven is not only a "family affair" – exclusively owned & operated with love by doting duo Frederic and Lori Rongier – but it is also that rare combination of worlds - intimate and inviting, yet appropriate for both special occasions & casual get-togethers. We bring a menu of everyday French culinary classics by offering up the perfect marriage of local/organic sensibilities with French influences & techniques. A superb wine list invites and ensures you to find the most perfect wine to pair with the delicious flavors created in the open kitchen. Sip our signature cocktail from the sidewalk terrace in the warmer months or enjoy our perennially popular heated patio in the rear. And of course, no visit is complete without a taste of one of the artistically masterful and masterfully artistic delectable creations of Master Pastry Chef David Piquard. Bon Appétit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Paris 66 - Best Restaurants in Shadyside ›
Paris 66 reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (83)neighborhood gem (68)romantic (63)special occasion (59)notable wine list (32)great for brunch (32)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (20)hot spot (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014We had a group get together to start planning our 30th High School Reunion. We had a few out of towners that hadn't been back to Pittsburgh in a while. I chose this restaurant based on reputation and it turned out to be a great choice. The food was excellent, service was fantastic, and they gave us a table on the covered back patio that was perfect! I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone that loves good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie to the maxxxooVIPDined on 10/18/2014I had really been looking forward to trying Paris 66, but was very disappointed. Although the servers were very pleasant they really rushed us through our courses, just finished the first course and the 2nd was served immediately even after telling the server we were in no hurry. We ordered mussels and although the sauce was divine, the mussels were so tiny it was ridiculous. If that was the best they could find, they shouldn't have them on their menu. We also ordered the lamb stew, which was more like a broth soup with very large chunks of vegetables that had to be cut up and much fewer lamb chunks that were not very tender. Both items were disappointing.
- It's like being in ParisGeorgeDVIPDined on 10/18/2014We were in Pittsburg visiting and went to Paris 66 by random selection. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. The food was fantastic and the service very good. However, I was quite surprised when presented with the bill at the end, which showed that the 2 specials that day, which I ordered, were about 2x the cost of items in the normal menu, and I was not given any notice about the price from our waitress when the specials were presented. This is the one reason why I gave Service only 3 stars. I would certainly dine at Paris 66 again, but next time I will inquire on the price of their specials before ordering.
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2014We had a wonderful evering at Paris 66. The food is spectacular and the service is wonderful as well. The moules frite with gorgonzola were the highlight, although the foie gras with figs was also hard to beat!Special Features:
- Extraordinaire! Merci beaucoup!CathyDined on 10/3/2014I took my French-speaking mother for dinner & we loved the good & conversation. However, it is noisy & we both have hearing problems so that made intimate communication difficult. Nevertheless, she loved speaking French & I loved listening. The food is absolutely the best I've ever eaten. She had ton tartar (tuna) & I had a crepe with cheese, ham, egg, mushrooms & tomatoes. Wow! From other visits I know the desserts are to-die-for. The bread which came with the meal was wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incroyable!PGHdelightDined on 9/27/2014Our server was delightful and the food was delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentDelightfulDined on 9/26/2014Memorable experience . . . visited with my sister who speaks French and was fun listening to her speak to our waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmoshpereDr22Dined on 9/20/2014First time at Paris 66. We had frog legs and bouchees a la Reine for appetizers, and crevettes provencales and magret de canard for the main course. The food was exceptional. We had a new server who was very good. Overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Great date nightmedschooleaterDined on 9/20/2014Went here for a fancier-than-normal date night with my boyfriend. The ambiance was great - seemed very authentic and the restaurant was very pretty. I got the rib-eye with Au Poivre sauce -- both were great. Meat was flavorful and cooked perfectly. Boyfriend got the lamb, the special of the night, and enjoyed it as well. Ended the night with the apple crepe and the creme brulee (both delicious as well). Overall a great night! The drinks were a little expensive, but they were very good, which made up for it.Special Features:
- A little Bit of Paris in PittsburghKotarDined on 9/19/2014We loved Paris 66! The atmosphere took us back to Paris. But more importantly, the food is awesome! The duck is terrific, very tender with a beautiful raspberry sauce. My husband raved about the veal. The chocolate mousse for dessert is a must. We had a lovely evening at Paris 66 and are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only negativeEddiebugDined on 9/19/2014While the staff is unable to control the construction noise near outside dining they should alert patrons and check back to be sure they are not uncomfortable. Food,staff, everything else was wonderful and hopefully the outside construction will be completed soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodguyDined on 9/13/2014My girlfriend and I had a terrific meal this weekend. The food and service were both out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dinner and ServiceTapaseverywhereDined on 9/13/2014We celebrated a friend's 70th with French Martini's, wine and a tapas of food for sharing. Nonproblem with the service staff for doing this less than common style at Paris 66! It was great- soup, multiple appetizers, a wonderful salad and a great main course were all shared. All excellent- look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014The atmosphere, staff and menu of a true Parisian bistro. Very authentic.Special Features:
- Absolutely wonderful experienceAshleyD689Dined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I came here for his birthday, both of us being big fans of Parisian dining, and wow. From beginning to end, Paris 66 did not disappoint in the least bit. Our waitress, was so attentive and friendly and really added to the exceptional service at this restaurant. The food and drinks were exquisite to add to the romantic and peaceful ambiance. We left feeling completely, above and beyond, satisfied. This restaurant is absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 hour dinnerlebeukVIPDined on 9/9/2014We arrived for our reservation at 7:30 and left at 9:30; we were two people and had only two courses. We had onion soup that came in a timely manner, but then we waited forever for our Salade Nicoise and Escalope de Veau. The restaurant wasn't very busy...maybe 1/3 full. We have been to Paris 66 many times, and this was by far the worst service we have ever had. We have read many reviews that have said the service was slow, but this is the first time we have experienced it...not enjoyable to wait that long.Special Features:
- A beautil day for a BrunchJayBDined on 9/7/2014For the first time taking my Nephew he was very impressed with the service, he couldn't eat the fast enough as he so much enjoyed it. The entire staff and our server "Marie-Lise" was so professional yet with warmness. When leaving my Nephew thanked me for taking him to Paris. He now wants to return and try more French food. I have never been disappointed at Paris 66 and will continue to back and always recommend Paris 66 to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChetMartyDined on 9/6/2014Good food and good atmosphere. Inside can get a bit noisy. Outside patio is much more quiet and casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RomanticDangerLoveDined on 9/4/2014Excellent for that special romantic date. A little bit on the expensive side, but that what you do on special occasions. Very wide wine list and excellent and courteous staff. Best authentic french cuisine that I have experienced in Pittsburgh.Special Features:
- Good french restaurantruthiesheeDined on 9/2/2014Took the husband here for his birthday. Cozy ambience, nice staff. Broccoli soup special wasn't too creamy, which was a relief. Frog leg appetizer special was quite greasy, but tasty and moist. Ordered the shrimp pasta as my main dish - delicious but again very very greasy. Husband ordered his filet mignon medium rare and it came out perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our experience at Paris 66 was delightful in every way ~ the ease of using their valet parking, being seated in the patio area, attentive waiter, delicious food. I recommend Paris 66.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnifiqueMrBAKDined on 8/30/2014This is by far the best French restaurant in Pittsburgh. The server (Sarah) was wonderful. The servers understand the food and the wine. The ingredients fresh and the preparation exceptional. One of the highlights was the calves liver (over the top). It was the best I had in my life. I come here when I want a superb meal. We had a group of four and all were completely satisfied and beyond. For first timers you will find the menu accessible. The price is worth every penny.Special Features:
- WonderfulPGH57Dined on 8/30/2014Great ambience, a little noisy at first, excellent food and our waiter was outstanding and from France. Made our anniversary celebration memorable.Special Features:
- Delicious specialsMarlVIPDined on 8/30/2014You will find very good food, well prepared at Paris 66. But you better be able to shout if you want to be heard by your dinner partner since the noise level of chatter is great on a busy weekend night.Special Features:
- DisappointingdzOHDined on 8/29/2014We had expected a pretty special dining experience at Paris 66, but our meal was inconsistent (chef away for the holiday?). The "campagnard" plate of cheese and charcuterie as appetizer was great and highly recommended ($21 and can serve 2 or 3). My mussels "mariniere" smelled off, about a quarter of them were unopened, and another third tasted like they'd been reheated from lunch. The side of haricots verts we ordered arrived at table more gray than green. We sent them back. What came out to replace them was only slightly better, looked and tasted like grocery store green beans, not the skinny, fresh haricots we would have expected at a place like this. The raspberry tart we shared for dessert was OK. Nowhere near what I expected.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner & eveningOpencarDined on 8/26/2014The food was great - from cheese and sausage plate to fish, pasta and duck main courses to crepes and coffee after dinner. Service was fabulous as we got to practice our French (not a requirement) and had a nice surprise when our dessert came. We will be going back...Special Features:
- ExcellentccdteachDined on 8/25/2014We were supposed to have 5 people but only 3 showed up. The meal was excellent and the service was good. The new person in the group who had not been there before was really happy with what she got and the ambiance of Paris 66. The food was great and definitely we'll be back.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceLivetoeatDined on 8/23/2014Dined with my girlfriend on a busy Sat. night. The foie gras was very good and the entree of veal was also very tasty. However, the service was horrible. The server made us feel rushed and forgot my salad. She then served it with my meal offering no apologies. Also had to ask for more bread. My girlfriend had the shrimp dish that she did not like. When the waitress asked her how it was and she said "not so good" it was met with a response of shrugged shoulders. Very disappointing because we really wanted to like this place. Would not recommend and won't go back. You only have one chance to make a first impression and I will spend my money at other places.
- Excellent Parisian foodNewfoodieDined on 8/23/2014I recently visited Paris, and going to Paris 66 brought me back there! Excellent food, great wine, and lovely decor. Check it out for a true Paris experience.Special Features:
- PARIS 66 AT DINNERFOODLIFE49Dined on 8/22/2014The cosy room is decorated in French Bistro style. Patio looks on a construction site 15 feet away. French baguette recently baked (not reheated) was excellent, lacked salt. Escargot could use more garlic and more salt. Nicoise salad was exceptional, with lovely dressing; could serve as main course. Server confirmed duck breast is done medium rare, which I endorsed, but it came well done. Unfortunate, as the raspberry sauce was quite nice and the accompanying potatoes dauphinoise were very good. Don't bother ordering a cappucino; watery flavor and served in the most awful of ways; a glass mug. Server appeared immature and presented herself far too often, even after we advised we were planning a leisurely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always GREAT FOODccdteachDined on 8/18/2014The soup was excellent and so was the service. I had ordered the pasta provancale and I personally did not like the sauce. However, my guest thought it was great. And what word can you use to describe how delicious the dessert was. Definitely we will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Lovely little Paris style bistro--tight seating. Very good desserts!
- Paris in Pittsburghluv2dineDined on 8/15/2014Paris 66 was a nice find, good local Shadyside option. The waiter was a french citizen, so that added to the authenticity of the dining experience. Food was very good, but disappointing small proportions. Wine was excellent, but order by the bottle, size of glass servings can be inconsistent. I pointed it out to the waiter, but he basically ignored my complaint. This would be my one criticism of the resaurant, the waiter was a little arrogant. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerTanteDined on 8/15/2014My friend and I decided to try Paris 66 as part of restaurant week. The valet parking was nice for $3.00. The staff was very welcoming. Our waitress was a doll! The food was excellent as we're the cocktails. The only complaint... We were seated outdoors (very quaint and sweet setting), but there was construction 25 feet in front of us. Heavy machinery running etc. this could not be helped but it's just a fair warning to future diners. Can't wait to go back withy husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceamb0279Dined on 8/14/2014I had been dying to try Paris 66. My sister and I went for restaurant week. The food was amazing. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back so my husband can try this restaurant. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week!KathyDined on 8/14/2014We have been wanting to go here and Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity. We sat on the back deck and it was lovely. We were tempted to order off the menu instead of the restaurant week options because there were so many well priced choices (<$25). But we stayed with the restaurant and split all of the options. I had the goat cheese salad, beef bourguignon, and creme brûlée. My husband had the crab bisque, salmon, and chocolate mousse. The flavors were all so great, and the french bread was a great way to get more of the juices from the beef. The experience was very pleasurable and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014We were there to celebrate Pittsburgh Restaurant week. There was a very good selection for the fixed price dinners. Everything was excellent, including the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre brunchBurghDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014I went to Paris 66 because it is very difficult to get a weekend brunch reservation at Casbah which has an excellent brunch and is around the corner. Eggs Benedict tasted fine but was on tiny pieces of toast and not very substantial for the price. Another diner's croissant was burnt. You would think preparing a croissant would be a core competency for a French restaurant. Lots of hoopla around the macarons which are OK if you like them but not worth $2.50 each.
- Unique choice for date nightHulaDined on 8/6/2014Went for a double date night with friends. Small place with cozy atmosphere. The French wine list had lots of unique selections and the Sommelier made excellent suggestions. The fact that he was French was a bonus for the atmosphere. Also he was nice enough to help us with pronouncing what we were ordering and even told us where some of the dishes originated in France. Don't stop by if you are in a hurry. Food took a while but was worth it. If you plan on sharing a bottle of wine with friends, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Ambiance was somewhat crowded and noisy, pub or bistro-like atmosphere. The food was delectable. I had the escalope de veau and that was perfect with a delicious sauce. The Magret de canard was also judged very good buy others in our group. The service was friendly, attentive. Our waitress has become like a friend. It didn't hurt that we also got to practice our French a bit. A nice touch was the "Joyeux Anniversaire" plate for my wife who was celebrating her birthday. We had gone there before and we will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.