6018 Penn Circle South
Pittsburgh, PA 15206Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paris66bistro.com/
- Phone: 4124048166
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Di Gristina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Paris 66 can accommodate private parties of up to 35 guests (options available for larger groups.) Our heated patio is a lovely setting for rehearsal dinners, baby showers, graduations, birthdays, and anniversaries. Food and beverage minimums apply; deposit required.
- Private Party Contact: Lori Rongier or Mark Towers 4124048166
A word from Paris 66
Enter Paris 66 and you will immediately feel transported to a French Bistro down to the last detail. This upscale, award-winning haven is not only a "family affair" – exclusively owned & operated with love by doting duo Frederic and Lori Rongier – but it is also that rare combination of worlds - intimate and inviting, yet appropriate for both special occasions & casual get-togethers. We bring a menu of everyday French culinary classics by offering up the perfect marriage of local/organic sensibilities with French influences & techniques. A superb wine list invites and ensures you to find the most perfect wine to pair with the delicious flavors created in the open kitchen. Sip our signature cocktail from the sidewalk terrace in the warmer months or enjoy our perennially popular heated patio in the rear. And of course, no visit is complete without a taste of one of the artistically masterful and masterfully artistic delectable creations of Master Pastry Chef David Piquard. Bon Appétit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Paris 66 - Best Restaurants in Shadyside ›
Paris 66 reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)neighborhood gem (80)special occasion (69)romantic (66)great for brunch (52)great for lunch (36)great for outdoor dining (35)notable wine list (24)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)Show More
- anonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our experience at Paris 66 was delightful in every way ~ the ease of using their valet parking, being seated in the patio area, attentive waiter, delicious food. I recommend Paris 66.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnifiqueMrBAKDined on 8/30/2014This is by far the best French restaurant in Pittsburgh. The server (Sarah) was wonderful. The servers understand the food and the wine. The ingredients fresh and the preparation exceptional. One of the highlights was the calves liver (over the top). It was the best I had in my life. I come here when I want a superb meal. We had a group of four and all were completely satisfied and beyond. For first timers you will find the menu accessible. The price is worth every penny.Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great ambience, a little noisy at first, excellent food and our waiter was outstanding and from France. Made our anniversary celebration memorable.Special Features:
- Delicious specialsMarlVIPDined on 8/30/2014You will find very good food, well prepared at Paris 66. But you better be able to shout if you want to be heard by your dinner partner since the noise level of chatter is great on a busy weekend night.Special Features:
- DisappointingdzOHDined on 8/29/2014We had expected a pretty special dining experience at Paris 66, but our meal was inconsistent (chef away for the holiday?). The "campagnard" plate of cheese and charcuterie as appetizer was great and highly recommended ($21 and can serve 2 or 3). My mussels "mariniere" smelled off, about a quarter of them were unopened, and another third tasted like they'd been reheated from lunch. The side of haricots verts we ordered arrived at table more gray than green. We sent them back. What came out to replace them was only slightly better, looked and tasted like grocery store green beans, not the skinny, fresh haricots we would have expected at a place like this. The raspberry tart we shared for dessert was OK. Nowhere near what I expected.Special Features:
- Perfect dinner & eveningOpencarDined on 8/26/2014The food was great - from cheese and sausage plate to fish, pasta and duck main courses to crepes and coffee after dinner. Service was fabulous as we got to practice our French (not a requirement) and had a nice surprise when our dessert came. We will be going back...Special Features:
- ExcellentccdteachDined on 8/25/2014We were supposed to have 5 people but only 3 showed up. The meal was excellent and the service was good. The new person in the group who had not been there before was really happy with what she got and the ambiance of Paris 66. The food was great and definitely we'll be back.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceLivetoeatDined on 8/23/2014Dined with my girlfriend on a busy Sat. night. The foie gras was very good and the entree of veal was also very tasty. However, the service was horrible. The server made us feel rushed and forgot my salad. She then served it with my meal offering no apologies. Also had to ask for more bread. My girlfriend had the shrimp dish that she did not like. When the waitress asked her how it was and she said "not so good" it was met with a response of shrugged shoulders. Very disappointing because we really wanted to like this place. Would not recommend and won't go back. You only have one chance to make a first impression and I will spend my money at other places.
- Excellent Parisian foodNewfoodieDined on 8/23/2014I recently visited Paris, and going to Paris 66 brought me back there! Excellent food, great wine, and lovely decor. Check it out for a true Paris experience.Special Features:
- PARIS 66 AT DINNERFOODLIFE49Dined on 8/22/2014The cosy room is decorated in French Bistro style. Patio looks on a construction site 15 feet away. French baguette recently baked (not reheated) was excellent, lacked salt. Escargot could use more garlic and more salt. Nicoise salad was exceptional, with lovely dressing; could serve as main course. Server confirmed duck breast is done medium rare, which I endorsed, but it came well done. Unfortunate, as the raspberry sauce was quite nice and the accompanying potatoes dauphinoise were very good. Don't bother ordering a cappucino; watery flavor and served in the most awful of ways; a glass mug. Server appeared immature and presented herself far too often, even after we advised we were planning a leisurely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always GREAT FOODccdteachDined on 8/18/2014The soup was excellent and so was the service. I had ordered the pasta provancale and I personally did not like the sauce. However, my guest thought it was great. And what word can you use to describe how delicious the dessert was. Definitely we will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Lovely little Paris style bistro--tight seating. Very good desserts!
- Paris in Pittsburghluv2dineDined on 8/15/2014Paris 66 was a nice find, good local Shadyside option. The waiter was a french citizen, so that added to the authenticity of the dining experience. Food was very good, but disappointing small proportions. Wine was excellent, but order by the bottle, size of glass servings can be inconsistent. I pointed it out to the waiter, but he basically ignored my complaint. This would be my one criticism of the resaurant, the waiter was a little arrogant. We will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerTanteDined on 8/15/2014My friend and I decided to try Paris 66 as part of restaurant week. The valet parking was nice for $3.00. The staff was very welcoming. Our waitress was a doll! The food was excellent as we're the cocktails. The only complaint... We were seated outdoors (very quaint and sweet setting), but there was construction 25 feet in front of us. Heavy machinery running etc. this could not be helped but it's just a fair warning to future diners. Can't wait to go back withy husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dining experienceamb0279Dined on 8/14/2014I had been dying to try Paris 66. My sister and I went for restaurant week. The food was amazing. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I can't wait to go back so my husband can try this restaurant. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week!KathyDined on 8/14/2014We have been wanting to go here and Restaurant Week was the perfect opportunity. We sat on the back deck and it was lovely. We were tempted to order off the menu instead of the restaurant week options because there were so many well priced choices (<$25). But we stayed with the restaurant and split all of the options. I had the goat cheese salad, beef bourguignon, and creme brûlée. My husband had the crab bisque, salmon, and chocolate mousse. The flavors were all so great, and the french bread was a great way to get more of the juices from the beef. The experience was very pleasurable and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014We were there to celebrate Pittsburgh Restaurant week. There was a very good selection for the fixed price dinners. Everything was excellent, including the desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre brunchBurghDinerVIPDined on 8/10/2014I went to Paris 66 because it is very difficult to get a weekend brunch reservation at Casbah which has an excellent brunch and is around the corner. Eggs Benedict tasted fine but was on tiny pieces of toast and not very substantial for the price. Another diner's croissant was burnt. You would think preparing a croissant would be a core competency for a French restaurant. Lots of hoopla around the macarons which are OK if you like them but not worth $2.50 each.
- Unique choice for date nightHulaDined on 8/6/2014Went for a double date night with friends. Small place with cozy atmosphere. The French wine list had lots of unique selections and the Sommelier made excellent suggestions. The fact that he was French was a bonus for the atmosphere. Also he was nice enough to help us with pronouncing what we were ordering and even told us where some of the dishes originated in France. Don't stop by if you are in a hurry. Food took a while but was worth it. If you plan on sharing a bottle of wine with friends, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Ambiance was somewhat crowded and noisy, pub or bistro-like atmosphere. The food was delectable. I had the escalope de veau and that was perfect with a delicious sauce. The Magret de canard was also judged very good buy others in our group. The service was friendly, attentive. Our waitress has become like a friend. It didn't hurt that we also got to practice our French a bit. A nice touch was the "Joyeux Anniversaire" plate for my wife who was celebrating her birthday. We had gone there before and we will go back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GalettesAdlandDined on 8/2/2014Galettes were tasty, not something you'd find many places. The rest of the food was essentially average. Even so, it is an interesting menu and I'd go back for lunch or dinner to try some other items. Valet parking at front door a nice feature for this parking-challenged area.Special Features:
- Dinner was terrificmerciDined on 8/2/2014We all enjoyed the appetizers (cheese and frog leg something) and dishes that we ordered (perch special, rack of lamb special and duck with raspberry sauce. One of us had a Canadian beer, another a French beer, and another a fruity french drink. The food and ambience was interesting and our waiter (straight from France!) was very patient, enthusiastic, and explained everything. The prices are on the higher end, but this is a nice restaurant. The portions are definitely generous. I wouldn't go here if you're in a rush, the wait for your food could be a while. But, that's not a negative comment, it's part of the atmosphere of "being in Paris", ordering an appetizer, sampling it slowly, enjoying time with your friends. Too full for dessert!Special Features:
- not relaxingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014we waited 45 minutes before someone took our drink and dinner order, 25 minutes for the drinks to come and one hour for the dinner to come. We had made prior reservations so were not a surprise table for the restaurant. Not all tables were in use and they were still greatly understaffed with only 2 servers and our server seemed panicked the entire time- it was not a peaceful, relaxing environment- it was like being in a hurried train station. The food itself was excellent.Special Features:
- Understaffed!SanFranManVIPDined on 7/31/2014This place needs more help! Our server, who was also the bartender, was totally overwhelmed! I'm sure that's why it took an hour just to get some bread on the table. The cocktails were mostly simple syrup...stick to wine! When our food finally arrived, the cheese in the crepe had cooled and congealed into a rubbery mess, one salad came without dressing of any type. The Nicoise, was serviceable, but generally uninteresting. The highlight was the shrimp pasta which was served hot and delicious, but couldn't salvage the rest of the meal...until the kitchen improves its timing and the restaurant hires more wait staff, I'd stick to one of the many other restaurants in the area.
- it was lovelyRG1Q84VIPDined on 7/27/2014The food was amazing and the service even better. Will go back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will return, in a bit......Burd96Dined on 7/25/2014I loved the relaxed atmosphere! We there for some drinks, good food, and better conversation. Paris 66 fit the bill perfectly. The food was overall fantastic and our server was friendly and knowledgeable. A wonderful dining experience. My only complaint was the noise level outside. A large construction project is located right next door. Who would have guessed that on a Friday night the construction would be in full swing?! Cement trucks rumbled by the porch at least 4 times. Fortunately, our group was in good humor and took it in stride. Unfortunately, I will probably wait until the framing part of this project is do e before I return to eat. I will, however, stop by for those white chocolate/basil macarons every chance I get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!StanDined on 7/25/2014The kitchen is in the restaurant--the wonderful smells welcome you as you walk in the door. Everything we ate was well prepared and delicious. Can't find fault.Special Features:
- Paris in Pittsburgh!PiesquaredDined on 7/25/2014Paris 66 was a wonderful find! The food was absolutely delicious! The escarot and mussels were both two of the best we have eaten world-wide! The trout was filleted beautifully and I didn't run into any bones. The duck was perfect as were the steak frites. To top it off the Belgian chocolate mousse was divine but the creme brûlée was the best I have ever tasted. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great again!BMB115Dined on 7/20/2014This is my fourth time at Paris 66 in the last two years. Today we came for brunch but have in the past been for lunch and dinner as well. The food was wonderful and simple. The service was very friendly but a little on the slow side. Its an adorable spot for a casual meal or special dinner.Special Features:
- Exceptional Evening OutPghGalDined on 7/19/2014Brought two other couples with us, and had a wonderful evening together over excellent food prepared and presented perfectly. The wait staff is charming and knowledgeable. We've had brunch, lunch and dinner here and highly recommend it for each type of meal!Special Features:
- First time visitAleaDined on 7/14/2014Paris 66 is charming. Great cocktails, had a nice pre-fix for Bastille Day but we opted for the a la cart. Server was sweet and knowledgable. You must have a crepe for dessert! It did take some time, about 3 hours. But a very authentic experience.Special Features:
- Bastile DayunhappyDined on 7/14/2014The restaurant was crowded. The meal was not great, the mussels were minuscule, the service was terrible, the noise level on the patio was almost comical with construction vehicles and trains interrupting conversation throughout the evening.Special Features:
- Great Bastille DayMoniqueiciVIPDined on 7/13/2014Couldn't be in France so being at Paris 66 is close to second best! What a delicious meal!Special Features:
- Basic well done French fareJeffDined on 7/12/2014Very simple straightforward French fare done exceptionally well. Prices reasonable. Service typically French and unhurried. Something for everyone on the wine list. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnifiqueItalianFanaticDined on 7/11/2014There's nothing better than a restaurant that takes pride in their food & their culture. On a recommendation from a friend, we ventured to Paris 66 for a nice dinner. As with French culture we were allowed our time to make decisions on our orders, but we were checked on in necessary intervals. The food was superb! Our waiter started us out with a sample of split pea mousse, then we split an order of the Coquilles St Jacques (scallops) which were perfectly cooked. The Crevettes Provencales was a flavor explosion, so delicious. The Foie de Veau Persadille was tender and produced a clean plate. We ended with 2 espressos and creme brulee. Make sure to ask for your check as the waitstaff doesn't want to rush you out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPrivatedinerDined on 7/10/2014I was looking for an interesting restaurant that my wife and I haven't tried yet for our 15th wedding anniversary. I stumbled on Paris 66 via a review in Pittsburgh Magazine and it appeared to fit the bill. I didn't tell my wife where we were going and she was thrilled that I found a classic French Bistro here in Pittsburgh. We loved everything about our experience. The service was very good. The atmosphere was perfect, the cocktails and wine list were top notch, our dinners were really excellent and just the right proportion. I highly recommend the Bouchees a la Reine as an Hors d'oeuvre and the Crème Brule for dessert. We have already recommended Paris 66 to friends and we will most definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentccdteachDined on 7/10/2014The Msgr. took a seminarian with him who had never been there before and both said that the food and the service were excellent. Msgr. had the snails and said that they were the best he ever ate. They both had the veal and were really happy with the waiter and the food. And oh, those desserts. Keep up the good work. We will be back!Special Features:
- A Little Bit of Paristhejerseybear37Dined on 7/7/2014This restaurant is truly a wonderful dining experience. The decor and ambience are a touch and flavor of the city of Paris. The food is excellent from the appetizers, salads through the main course and desert. The wait staff is friendly and most accomodating. Paris 66 is a unique dining experience in the city of PittsburghSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatbighead1968VIPDined on 7/6/2014after several visits the food and experience remain outstanding...Special Features:
- Food good. Service poorService101Dined on 7/6/2014Decided to check out Paris 66 for brunch over the holiday weekend. Food was good, service was very poor. Had to keep reminding the waiter to refill our coffee. Other servers didn't even bother to ask to see if we want to coffee refills. My order came out wrong took it back and waited another 15 minutes for the correct order. My son didn't get all of his order had to remind the waiter. Would we go back? Yes, food was good authentically French however Service needs improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.