69 Franklin St
Valparaiso, IN 46383Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.parearestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2195105428x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 3:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Dimitri 2195105428x
- Special Events: Daily Dinner & Drink Specials!
A word from Parea
Parea is a contemporary American style restaurant and bar. Our unique, yet elegant dining room is ideal for romantic dinners, business meetings, or enjoying a great evening with friends. Our bar features two fifteen foot sliding doors, giving an el fresco feel overlooking our patio. We also offer a private dining setting for special occasions and holiday gatherings for groups up to 150. We offer a dining experience you and your guests will long remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parea reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
romantic (4)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (2)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Something for EveryoneMAC6VIPDined on 10/11/2014Love the quieter atmosphere of Parea and the nice variety of menu items. The service is very good and the owner takes time out to say hello.Special Features:
- Parea Stinks! Owner is a Jerk!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014Owner has the audacity to argue with me about if my steak was overcooked or not. Wouldn't cover my entree that took an hour to get right. Drinks took 15 minutes to get to the table. Food is overpriced and not very good. Go to other downtown Valpo restaurants, and make this owner jerk pay for not having a customer service focus!!
- Disappointed this timerluekensDined on 9/19/2014We have been to Parea several times over the 2-3 years it has been open. This time I was somewhat disappointed. We arrived for our 6 pm Open Table reservation and were promptly seated. Even though we were ahead of the Friday night crowd, our waiter did not appear at our table within the usually acceptable time. Then, when we ordered drinks and then our dinner, we had a noticeable wait. While we did get a drink and our salads within a reasonable but long time, our dinner was not served until after 7:15 pm. I checked my watch since it was substantially late. My wife enjoyed her dinner very well, but I was not impressed by the salad nor the pork shank. We both thought that the wines which were served were not very memorable. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 3 reviews are from the Parea reviews archive.
- P. SchlyerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We went on a Saturday night with another couple. Each of our entrees was really good. Very tasty. The server was timely, friendly and informative. So often you don't get good food and good service! We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so sotvillarrealDined on 3/28/2014My husband and I always like to try new restaurants, so when there was a groupon available for Parea we thought we would try it. We made reservation like it stated on group on but when we got there there was a sign on the door say no group on on Friday or Saturday. However it did not state that on the group on at all. So that was a let down but we ate there anyways. The menu that is online for them is wrong so wheat both my husband and I wanted was not available. Another let down. Food was so so. The staff however was VERY NICE and did an excellent job..
- no chopswelbyVIPDined on 12/13/2013were out of lamb chops at 5:30 friday evening, huh????? pork chops were greatI would recommend this to a friend.