227 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parc-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2155452262x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday thru Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm L'Apres Midi: Every day: 3:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday and Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Goodwin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at (215) 923-2675.
A word from Parc
Stephen Starr's stylish addition to Rittenhouse Square pays tribute to French cafe culture, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, ideal for a quick bite or a leisurely meal. Parc recalls the chic brasseries of Paris, serving classic French fare in a charming space. Red leather banquettes topped with frosted glass provide a sense of intimacy. Details such as well-worn wooden chairs, vintage framed paintings and photos and antique brass fixtures transport guests across the Atlantic. French doors spill onto a sidewalk terrace covered by a dark red awning perfect for dining "en plein air." Reservations are not accepted for outdoor tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Parc reviews from OpenTable diners
786 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (467)fit for foodies (419)great for brunch (364)neighborhood gem (364)special occasion (329)great for lunch (313)hot spot (306)scenic view (273)romantic (227)good for groups (218)vibrant bar scene (164)notable wine list (159)late-night find (93)kid-friendly (89)Show More
- Great food and affordable prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This was my second visit and I was not disappointed. Really love the macaroni au gratin appetizer! The menu had something for everyone, prices are reasonable and the food is really good. I will be back and have recommended it to friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014excellent food very knowledgeable and friendly serverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2014My guest and I both loved the warm shrimp salad. (If only we could make shrimp like that at home!) Service was quick and unobtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's terrific!LindaVIPDined on 10/19/2014Parc transports you to Paris. I am not kidding. When you are dining there, the whole experience feels authentic! Food is always good, if not a tad on the pricey side. But it's always good going there!Special Features:
- I felt like I was in Paris.FashionistaVIPDined on 10/19/2014An authentic Paris Bistro with authentic French pastries and menu. Excellent food, beautiful ambiance and great service. Make reservations as if you didn't on a Sunday it was an hour wait.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in Phila.LindaDined on 10/19/2014We enjoy Parc so much. The food and service is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Good food, as expected from a brasserie, a little on the salty side.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningRpnjrDined on 10/18/2014Took out of town friends there for dinner food was great service was spot on Roberto knew the menu and wine list and was very helpful with both. Our friends enjoyed it very much my wife and I will be back.Special Features:
- Delicious Brunchlaurenb703Dined on 10/18/2014This was my third time to Parc overall but my first time going for their brunch menu. My family and I absolutely loved everything. All of our meals were delicious and the service was unbelievably quick. I had the spinach and goat cheese omelette and it was great. I would have loved to sit there all afternoon if we didn't have other plans afterwards. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brittany, our serverBossladyDined on 10/17/2014Brittany made our dining experience memorable. She was attentive and friendly. I would return to parc because of the service we received. The food was good and the ambience lively and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere food just okayCredcoveDined on 10/17/2014Dinner resi which turned into just apps cause we didn't want to spend more money on just ok food. Charcuterie was ok. We have had charcuterie that had been outstanding so we were disappointed. The shrimp cocktail were decent and that's it. I can't stand when restaurants advertise large shrimp and they are not large. Drinks were decent also. Loved the decor and atmosphere. Reminded me of Lavo in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Love ParcShoozieQDined on 10/17/2014My all-time favorite! Right in the neighborhood! Always great service and great food. Great for any time of day, any occasion, any sized party, even dining alone. Alfresco, or indoors, all 4 seasons, this is just amazing. LOVE Parc.Special Features:
- French BistrolconnDined on 10/17/2014Parc has outdoor seating overlooking Rittenhouse Square - a premier spot! Even sitting indoors by the open folding doors you can people watch and feel part of the action. Everything is delicious. From the bread, to a salad with cold shrimp, to the hamburger and fries. My daughter and I ate simply, but there are a lot more sophisticated options. Prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- anonymousVIPDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful atmosphere view and service. Recommend: Tuna Carpaccio, Warm shrimp salad, Salade Verte, citron pressee, baguette (best in the city). Enjoy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsBrooklyn123VIPDined on 10/16/2014Parc in it's short life seems like it's 25 years old already....a dependable oasis of energy and good food. We love it.Special Features:
- Sooooo goodsbhbDined on 10/16/2014There are no surprise choices on Parc's menu - it's classic French bistro food. The surprise is that everything is so well done. At our table of four we had onion soup, mushroom soup, salade verte, steak frites, fish in papilotte, warm shrimp salad, and – of course – their amazing bread basket. Everything was delicious, the service was great, and we were early enough that the noise level was not yet deafening. If forced to find fault, we might note that the onion soup arrived and remained so hot that tongues were burned. We look forward to happy returns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BMC59VIPDined on 10/16/2014Always good food, reliable service, pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grab an outdoor table if you can!Bronwyn309Dined on 10/14/2014Fantastic spot to sit on the square for lunch or dinner with a glass of champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining and decibelssquaremealDined on 10/12/2014I go to Parc often for lunch and the food and service are consistently superior. The one thing that keeps me from crossing the threshold is anticipation of the noise level. On this one occasion, I found the sweet spot. But I won't tell you what it is.Special Features:
- Great food and terrible noise!phillylocalDined on 10/12/2014Energetic doesn't even begin to describe the noise level at Parc during Sunday Brunch. It's deafening. The service was very good and so was the food, in particular the bread, with generous portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not misssam29Dined on 10/11/2014I had to repeat my eating experience on Parc, first lunch and next day dinner. Incredible menu, as well as wine and beers selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and vibeEatgoodfoodDined on 10/11/2014Had a great night for a second date. Food was amazing. The only semi complaint was table was squished in a corner right between two other tablesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just WonderfulDrRonVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had a great lunch with family. Place was very busy, but because we had reservations, we were seated immediately. Our server was excellent (William), food was excellent, and the ambiance is so reminiscent of Paris. Excellent visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable BrunchPhillyFoodyVIPDined on 10/11/2014This was our second time dining at Parc for brunch and we are simply in love. The pastry basket has become a point of obsession for us and the coffee is delicious. The poached eggs with asparagus plate was light and tasty. My boyfriend's French toast was topped with strawberries and almonds - perfectly sweet... no syrup necessary. Brunch is our favorite meal and Parc has quickly become our favorite spot. I look forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gibNpotomacVIPDined on 10/10/2014A French bistro in the middle of Philadelphia, the Parc has excellent French bistro type food paired with a very good wine list. Very convivial, perhaps a bit too convivial as the noise level at dinner makes quiet conversation impossible. That being said, if you like that atmosphere, you'll love the ambience AND the food at Parc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I have reserved a seat, but it looks that the east was not set. They made us walk around the restaurant and back to the front desk, made us wait for a while. What was the reservation for? There was a 'onion soup' and 'escargot' in a menu. If you made onion shop at home, it take long time so it is good to have one in the restaurant. However, it tasted like it was out of the canned soup and add a lot of cheese, and put it in the oven.Very cheesy. No sweetness of the onion itself. I have asked where the escargot come from. They say it is from France, but it is a canned one. I did not order it.Special Features:
- anonymousVIPDined on 10/10/2014Wonderful atmosphere view and service. Recommend: Tuna Carpaccio, Warm shrimp salad, Salade Verte, citron pressee, baguette (best in the city). Enjoy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TweakieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Love it--as always Parc did not disappoint--everyone I take or recommend Parc to loves it!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/9/2014A great dining experience. It reminded us of the French Bistros in France. Despite the large crowd jostling for a table at the entrance, we were seated at a cosy window seat in the interior. Our servers were very efficient and cheerful; the beef Bourgogne tender, the half chicken so very succulent. The atmosphere was very energetic, but we could converse without raising our voices. in all, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the food in ParisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/8/2014My husband and I dined two nights in a row. Loved everything: the beet salad, lobster risotto, rabbit pasta, beef bourginion, scallops and desserts.Special Features:
- ABC123Dined on 10/7/2014The food was outstanding as usual but...for reason, the service was TERRIBLE!Special Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014A group of five of us went to Parc for a firm event. The table was on the small side for five people, but besides the table issue, dinner was great. The food is always good here and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; terrible servicePhoodadelphiaVIPDined on 10/5/2014Parc is our old-faithful brunch spot, and the food was up to our expectations. Seasonal mushroom soup was insanely flavorful and absolutely spot-on. Forget the name, but whatever Sauv Blanc we had was fruit forward and light and just what we were looking for. Parc's wine list is awesome. That said, our service was horrible. Server walked away before we were finished speaking multiple times and just seemed to have an awful attitude. He honestly seemed to resent that we would ask for water to be refilled (shouldn't have to ask, no?), never came to check on whether we liked our soup, entrees, wine, and couldn't wait to get us out of there. A real let down, as it was my birthday celebration and Parc's service is usually extremely friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014My favorite dish, the Eggs Norwegian (eggs benedict + smoked salmon), was delicious as always. Truly yummy, fresh, proper hollandaise, yum. The other guests loved their food, too…but it seems like the trend in the last year or two has been to increase prices (and I understand this happens, though I never like it, inflation, etc) but also to decrease portion size. Food delicious, service a little wanting (notably with coffee refills) but still pleasant, ambience somewhat loud. As always, I appreciate the breadbasket of tasty treats and butter. I will definitely be back as soon as I can, for it's always about the food for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchistanfordDined on 10/5/2014I took my girlfriend here for brunch on her birthday. The food was rich and decadent, just like French cuisine should be. The brunch options were not particularly creative, but they were well executed and served by a friendly staff. The brunch cocktails were amazing as well, particularly my Savoie. I don't know if I would eat there regularly because of the richness of the food and the fact that the place was completely packed, but it was a great location for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceBestbreadaroundDined on 10/5/2014We have never been disappointed with the service or food. Love the hustle and bustle of everyone enjoying their dining experience! Can't wait to come back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatleonphelpthsDined on 10/4/2014My wife got the salmon, which was very good, I got the Steak Frites, which was mediocre at best. I wanted to like it more, but the steak just wasn't that good. I also didn't like different servers bringing different parts of the meal. It's so much more enjoyable to have one server, in my opinion.Special Features:
- Disappointing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014For having reservations I thought the table we were given was in Siberia near a drafty window. The mussels were salty and tasteless. Very disappointing experience was really looking forward to it.Special Features:
- FantasticTrvlrDined on 10/4/2014Lots of fun. Vibrant & energetic. Great for people watching. Great bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great QuichephilafoodieDined on 10/4/2014The best I've ever had-- light and fluffy with lots of flavor!! Delicious crust and wonderful side salad to accompany on the side. My mother and sister also ordered the quiche for brunch and they said the same thing. Best ever. If you are a quiche lover, its a must.Special Features: