227 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parc-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 545-2262
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday thru Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm L'Apres Midi: Every day: 3:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday and Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Goodwin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at (215) 923-2675.
A word from Parc
Stephen Starr's stylish addition to Rittenhouse Square pays tribute to French cafe culture, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, ideal for a quick bite or a leisurely meal. Parc recalls the chic brasseries of Paris, serving classic French fare in a charming space. Red leather banquettes topped with frosted glass provide a sense of intimacy. Details such as well-worn wooden chairs, vintage framed paintings and photos and antique brass fixtures transport guests across the Atlantic. French doors spill onto a sidewalk terrace covered by a dark red awning perfect for dining "en plein air." Reservations are not accepted for outdoor tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Parc reviews from OpenTable diners
784 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (424)great for outdoor dining (414)neighborhood gem (364)great for brunch (342)hot spot (322)special occasion (302)great for lunch (301)good for groups (244)scenic view (221)romantic (210)vibrant bar scene (156)notable wine list (145)kid-friendly (84)late-night find (75)Show More
- Waiter from another planetOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/18/2014We went to Parc for a late lunch. First, the waiter asked us if we wanted tap or bottled water. We said tap was fine. Then he asked , "flat or sparkling?" We said, "flat, plain, old tap". A few minutes later, he showed up with an Evian bottle. My companion said, "We ordered tap". He replied,"People are always confused about what they want". Then we asked if the mushroom soup was made with vegetable stock. He said yes and then told us all about his vegan GF eating habits at length. We ordered and a busboy brought our first course. Both dishes were fine. Then we waited 45 minutes for the next course. The waiter came over 20 minutes in and said our salads would be right out. After another 20 minutes we asked a passing busboy to check on them. Finally, the waiter brought them without acknowledging the ridiculous wait. After we finished, he asked if we wanted coffee. We said, "we would have but it's very late now" He replied, "I can put it in a go cup". And in the middle of the wait, I was replying to an important email when the waiter interrupted me to ask if I liked my phone and should he get one for his mother for Christmas. An unusual restaurant meal, where the food was fine but the overall experience was dreadful.
- Will Allways Return to ParcMickeyVIPDined on 11/18/2014Parc never disappoints and I especially like the brunch and lunch choices. The bread is outstanding, the food is excellent and the view of Rittenhouse Square is lovely. Great for bringing guests, as there are a variety of choices at various prices and consistently good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Philadelphia EstablishmentLaurenDined on 11/18/2014Always a convenient go to when someone is in town or we need a close location that always has availability. I had the delicious mushroom soup this time, and it was divine. I have never had a bad experience here, and it always delivers consistent quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, could use a furniture upgrade.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014Very pleased with the excellent menu, fresh produce, tasty selections. Excellent wine choices to complement the meal, attentive service. The decor and furniture seem to communicate a bit more of an "ice cream shop" ambiance rather than "fine French restaurant," however. Noise level was not deafening but still was fairly high--buffers might be useful. Overall a very pleasant experience, will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected Much Better!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/16/2014After several excellent lunches here, I was looking forward to a wonderful dinner experience. We were disappointed in the service since it took more than ten minutes for a waitress to acknowledge our presence by saying she would be with us soon. After another ten minute wait, our order was taken -- we ordered both our wine and our dinner at the same time because we thought it might be our last chance for awhile. It should be noted that the dining room was at least a third empty at the time. We routinely receive more attentive and caring service at restaurants in Center City that are much less expensive. My husband enjoyed his escargot appetizer and main course. My beet salad was excellent, but the veal I had as a main course was extremely salty -- very unfortunate because the veal and the mushrooms were of very good quality. Interestingly enough, someone came around to ask us how we were enjoying the meal, but when I complained that the veal was very salty, he said that the chef "liked to bring out the flavors of the food". When I said that all I could taste was salt, he managed an apology.Special Features:
- Always a safe betOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014I love it at Parc. The food is consistently excellent. Its just such a good spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a really great dinner at Parc.philafoodieDined on 11/15/2014We had a really great dinner at Parc. Some of the prices seemed a little high for the portion size - particularly the salads. Service was very friendly and prompt. The only thing that I would look into is the lack of quieter tables for those who are hard of hearing or looking for a little more romance. Everything was loud and echoed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodredramVIPDined on 11/14/2014This is a consistently good restaurant with good food, excellent service and great ambiance of a Parisian bistro.Special Features:
- Parc was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014The mushroom soup was fantastic. Overall, it was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoanJoanDined on 11/9/2014Food is very good. Bread is excellent. Incredibly noisy and difficult to hear a conversation.Special Features:
- Very good but very noisy!FoodieinCNJDined on 11/9/2014Parc has a very nice brunch menu. I would have hoped to find more traditional French items on this menu (e.g. escargots, charcuterie, frogs' legs), but there were plenty of choices. The noise level is extremely high, so if you're looking for an intimate, quiet or "cozy" restaurant, this is not the place. Food was very good - not great (my trout was overcooked and pancakes were, well, just pancakes) and the service was good.Special Features:
- deliciouspigletkDined on 11/9/2014The food was amazing! My only complaint was the service, we were always out of water and could never find the server or she would forget to bring us refills when we would askSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good but sooo noisyAlexsnoodDined on 11/8/2014Well prepared and presented brasserie menu but considering the tiled surfaces and high ceilings, they could definitely eliminate or reduce the club music as you can't have a normal conversation with friends during peak times. Keep the music around the bar area if possible and lower the volume everywhere else. Still the best bread basket in town!Special Features:
- A Wonderful Experience!!KevlaarVIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I were visiting Philly on a mini-vacation from New York. It was the perfect spot for dinner on a Saturday night. The food (oysters, rotisserie lamb, and duck) was incredible, our waiter was wonderfully accommodating, and the ambiance was lively without forcing us to shout. An overall wonderful experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBbear5720Dined on 11/8/2014The waiter was outstanding. The food was delicious. No wait time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous!HersheyDined on 11/8/2014Food exceeding our expectations, wine list good, we had lunch there on a Saturday mid afternoon and it was very busy. The noise level is loud but made for a fun environment, Service was excellent.Special Features:
- A Predictable Winner!foodyforlifeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our group of three had a great time as usual at Parc. Other than the fact that the noise level can be high, everyone enjoyed their lunch! The mushroom tart is A+!! I feel you can depend on a delicious experience at Parc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentScarletteDined on 11/8/2014Parc always serves delicious Brunch dishes with a little French flair. Service is excellent, the servers always attentive to drink and coffee refills. Although it is busy, I never feel rushed. I recommend you make a reservation since they do have a long wait mid day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParcBobDylanDined on 11/8/2014Thoroughly enjoyable. Great service, outstanding brunch food, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okJhozzDined on 11/7/2014Overall, parc is ok. The drinks were great, the basilic was particularly good. Crab cake appetizer and mushroom tort were both excellent. The steak frites were not seasoned and very tough. Crime brûlée was good, but very sweet. So, for the food and drink, I would say just go for drinks and appetizers. The tables are extremely uncomfortable, crowded and VERY loud. It was more of a bar scene with loud music than a nice restaurant. Overall it was disappointing.Special Features:
- Poor service and loudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014We had a reservation for 8:15pm. When we arrived at that time, we were told our table was not yet ready. We were told to go to the bar for a drink and we would be seated soon. The host/hostess therafter forgot about us and gavce our table away. When we informed them that we were still waiting, they attempted to put us a small table right by the front door where many people were standing around. They finally found an acceptable table for us about an hour after the time of our reservation. The poor service continued with the waiter who could not keep up with his tables. If you are looking to have a dinner for two, this is not the place.Special Features:
- Great FOOD too NoisyBirthdayBrunchVIPDined on 11/7/2014We loved this restauarant and would return at an "off" time. It is much too noisy. Food was delicious. Service was pleasant. Fun place for a special occassion.Special Features:
- Parc- PhillyRevelDined on 11/7/2014My daughters and I had a delicious lunch at Parc. We were shopping all day and decided to make our lunch spot at a Steven Star restaurant. I my opinion you cab never go wrong choosing a Steve Star Resturant. I would recommend making a reservation.Special Features:
- A bit of Paris in PhiladelphiaboboVIPDined on 11/6/2014When we walked into Parc Brasserie, we felt like were were back in Paris. We requested seating along the window looking toward Rittenhouse Square. If you do not eat outside on the sidewalk, we recommend a window seat to get the full "Paris experience". Our server, Deborah was super. She was originally from France, with a barely noticeable accent. We started with French 75s, one of our favorite cocktails, but there was too much lemon. Deborah added more "bubbly" until it tasted just right. We then ordered two entrees, Beef Bourguinon and Rabbit Papperdelle. Both were terrific, and we highly recommend them. Our shared dessert, Le Paris Brest, was disappointing. This did not, however, spoil an otherwise pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but EXPENSIVE and Arrogant!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/6/2014I've been to Parc three times now over the course of a year and the menu selection never changes. That said, the food is excellently presented and delicious. Our most recent experience suffered from poor service with long wait times to serve and clear. Clearing a finished dish is a pet peeve of mine. If I'm spending $50 a head (which you will certainly do unless you eat a single appetizer and leave -- entrees are $30 each), I shouldn't have to stare at my finished plate for 10 minutes. Parc is a nice place but it's very expensive for what you get. Also, with a reservation, the staff shouldn't attempt to place a party of three at a small table right by the door. There are other, less arrogant places where the food is as good but more reasonably priced. Keep exploring!I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Parisian than ParisRefinedVeganVIPDined on 11/6/2014I'm yet to have a bad dish at Parc. Actually, I'm yet to have a mediocre dish: the food is impeccable. It's French light and not-so-light fare at its very best. It's one of my two or three favorite places in Philadelphia, and that's a strong statement.Special Features:
- Wonderful - as usual!donnamtVIPDined on 11/5/2014I love this restaurant! The food and atmosphere are second to none! Service always great! Everyone always so friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatFigleafDined on 11/4/2014We've eaten at Parc many times and it never fails to please. This time we all had menu items we had not tried before. I highly recommend the Lamb Shank Provencale. It was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parisian FeelTravelFoodie7VIPDined on 11/4/2014The decor at Parc reminded us of many bistros and brasseries in Paris. The food was very good. Every dish ordered was thoroughly enjoyed. Loved the Moules Frites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSandraDined on 11/4/2014Can't get any better. On the square.....good food and service......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch spotMomofSixDined on 11/2/2014My son & I went to brunch at Parc before a theatre matinee, and it was the perfect spot! The food was delicious, we received our reserved table on time, and we even got our requested window seat overlooking Rittenhouse Square park, where we could people-watch and view the changing fall scenery. The pastries were authentic and so good, and our eggs and my son's steak were all cooked perfectly. The only downside was that our server didn't check on us and I had to flag her down for a coffee refill. But the other staff seemed friendly and attentive, so I think it was just her. Overall, we had a wonderful time and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in PhillyWaUpPhillyVIPDined on 11/2/2014This is my favorite restaurant. I'm here 2-3 times a month. All the dishes are excellent, my favorites are the onion soup and mussels. The park view tables are awesome, It feels like I'm in Paris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jcjmcVIPDined on 11/1/2014A consistently great restaurant and this was no exception. Our waiter was personable and knowledgeable. As we were seated, he told us right away about a wonderful daily Saturday lamb special and reserved one for us as they were running out. Food is hearty and delicious. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & Service but LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The food and service are amazing! We started with mushroom soup and escargot. Both were delicious! Our main entrees were an almond trout and salmon. The portion sizes were perfect and the food was very tasty. Our server was attentive and offered valuable suggestions. The only drawback is that the tables are very close together and the noise level is pretty high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MadameChefDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much! Food was delicious, it was an authentic French bistro experience, service attentive, tables comfortably spaced, noise level was lively but conversable. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- A bit of Paris on Rittenhouse Sq.RussVIPDined on 11/1/2014Parc has become one of our favorite restaurants. The servoice is always first rate and the food is very reminiscent of a good Parisian bistro. This time we enjoyed the onion soup and the mushroom soup special, the roasted chicken and the loup de mer. All were outstanding. We also enjoyed a verr reasonably proced bottle of wine. Easily oe of he top dining experiences in Philly.Special Features:
- Parc always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014One of my girlfriend's favorite spots in the city, so for her birthday we went out to celebrate and enjoy a great meal. Drinks are always well made, service was excellent, and the food was on point. Perfect for any special occasion.Special Features:
- A fine timeFlourtownGVIPDined on 10/31/2014We thought the food was excellent, the service quick, efficient and helpful, and well worth our birthday celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunch spotSmashleyDined on 10/31/2014I came here with coworkers for lunch and everything was delicious! Service was quick and easy. Definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rtbirdDined on 10/30/2014The architecture and decor of this place is pretty amazing. The food was good. The burger I had was just so-so, but their macaroni and cheese was amazing. Their beer selection could use some tweaking, but I understand that most people there probably get wine or liquor. Our table was a little small and shoved in an awkward spot between a booth table and another table, so I wasn't very comfortable, but the place is pretty large and I'm sure most of the tables aren't like that. My only other complaint was the the server seemed like she hated life. She wasn't rude or anything, but sometimes it felt like we were inconveniencing her by having dinner in her section. Overall, I felt like my experience could have been better, but they were all very minor issues that I'm sure the average person doesn't experience on a regular basis at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.