227 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parc-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2155452262x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday thru Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm L'Apres Midi: Every day: 3:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday and Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Goodwin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at (215) 923-2675.
A word from Parc
Stephen Starr's stylish addition to Rittenhouse Square pays tribute to French cafe culture, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, ideal for a quick bite or a leisurely meal. Parc recalls the chic brasseries of Paris, serving classic French fare in a charming space. Red leather banquettes topped with frosted glass provide a sense of intimacy. Details such as well-worn wooden chairs, vintage framed paintings and photos and antique brass fixtures transport guests across the Atlantic. French doors spill onto a sidewalk terrace covered by a dark red awning perfect for dining "en plein air." Reservations are not accepted for outdoor tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Parc reviews from OpenTable diners
777 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (499)fit for foodies (399)great for brunch (372)neighborhood gem (370)special occasion (330)great for lunch (317)scenic view (299)hot spot (284)romantic (247)good for groups (184)vibrant bar scene (160)notable wine list (151)late-night find (102)kid-friendly (86)Show More
- when in Paris..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our time and meal at Parc. It is a little pricey so it is great for a special occasion. Great wine list and they have a good amount of craft beers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itNiNiVIPDined on 9/15/2014I met a friend for drinks and dinner. We shared a bottle of wine and both had the cheeseburger with fries, which was great. They also gave us a basket of wonderful assorted breads. I usually would not eat the bread from the bread basket when ordering a cheeseburger but their bread is so delicious that I couldn't resist. We sat at table inside, which was opened to the air, overlooking Rittenhouse square. It was just like sitting outside. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puppy walkerPuppywalkerDined on 9/14/2014I always enjoy Parc.I brought my sister ,it was her first time.She loved the food,but said its pricey.we went pretheater.Special Features:
- Foodgasm!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Just moved to Philly & heard rave reviews about Parc. My coworkers weren't lying, the food was amazing! Went with a friend and we had Norwegian Salmon & Maine Lobster. We also got a great bottle of Chardonnay and the tastiest chocolate desert. I can't say enough great things about the food, absolutely amazing! Actually this is the best meal I've had in a while. We are already talking about your next trip to Parc.Special Features:
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Parc. The food and staff were excellent. It was louder and crazier than we expected, but we had a great time. The location is fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MrMuffinsDined on 9/12/2014This place was hopping but that didn't slow the service down one bit. We were seated in a great spot right by the open window to the sidewalk and it was great fro people watching. We were simultaneously celebrating my wife's 30th birthday and our 6 year wedding anniversary and the staff at Parc certainly made us feel special. The food was delicious! We went with scallops and mussels and I love the bread basket. A wonderful evening at a wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- Had a very good experienceLuhtsDined on 9/12/2014First time at Parc. It's not a romantic place, although the art-deco features add charm. We had a little table tucked into a corner, which gave us a bit of privacy while we could still look outside and people-watch. We ordered a half bottle of wine and the crab galette to start, which was amazing. We were both drawn to the duck so ordered the same, and we both had the same opinion of it: a bit bland, with only the cherries to add some other flavor; the accompanying kale was quite salty. However, the staff then brought us a cup of macaron cookies for our anniversary, which were very good. Service was friendly and quick. We would go back, but just try a different dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accomadating!Tinker67Dined on 9/12/2014I took my husband out for his birthday doing restaurant week after making reservations for 630 PM. On the way there we had a family emergency. I called and let them know that I would be late and the restaurant had no issue. We did not get to the restaurant until 8 PM and they still took us right away as if we were on time. We they were very apologetic and we very happy with the whole experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parc is Hot!ParcfanDined on 9/11/2014Hello, I've been to Parc twice this past summer. I love it! I always have an awesome experience. The food is great, and the service is impeccable. I love the atmosphere, and the outdoor seating is relaxing. I will always support this neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchLizzy33Dined on 9/8/2014Made a last minute lunch reservation with no problem. It was lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Charming bistro atmosphere, good food, and responsive wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, lousy wine listWinoDined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent. The baked ratatouille was unusual and great. The trout was plentiful and nice, but ordinary. The service was horrible. The hostess seated us and then moved us! It was the worst wine list i have ever seen. The wines were very overpriced and the one i ordered was horrible and from last year with no taste and certainly no alcohol. The wine list needs more depth and certainly aged wines. Also, instead of tripling the price, offer some $40 bottles that are drinkable.Special Features:
- Nice spot off Rittenhouse SqDeloptdDined on 9/6/2014Waitress was probably one of the best I have had in quite awhile . Food was above average . Wine service could be improved too informal. Wine not chilled table side. Steaks were cooked perfectly . Pommes frites nicely done . Everyone enjoyed the French onion soup. Plate presentation could be improved on the entrees. Overall enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy But MediocremarshallinphiladephiaVIPDined on 9/6/2014I mean, you could not hear one word from those with whom you were dining! Steak Frites tasted like an inexpensive skirt steak or scotch fillet with over salted French Fries. Onion soup very oily, Peach Galette crust-heavy with little freshness or fruitiness. And, oh, the noise!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I had the mussels and my friend had the salmon, and we both ordered grapefruit juice which was extremely fresh. We tried some of each other's food and both were very good. I especially liked the mussel, it was really juicy and flavorful. We had the window seat which was nice on a sunny day. But overall the noise level was a bit high.Special Features:
- Ongoing dinerFoodieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Parq has become my standby for French food in Philly. I like the small portions, wine selection and the French onion soup. The brasserie atmosphere is what I want. Stuffy old French dining is done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerPhillyKelseyDined on 9/5/2014My mom and I went to Parc for her birthday as a special celebration. A few of her friends had told her this was some of the best French food they've had in the city, especially the escargot, which she hadn't had in 10 years. We made a great choice. The restaurant is enormous, they have so many tables so it's gets busy and loud but not to the point of migraine inducing. The wait staff was really friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The food was so fresh and tasty and the escargot was amazing. They have a decent wine list and great cocktails. We will definitely come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good habitGLOBABYVIPDined on 9/4/2014as before i have said, we live in Parc..we do breakfast,lunch, dinner we love the place and the staff..... omce in a whule we eat there twice in one daySpecial Features:
- Constant perfect Parisian Bistro..sheriVIPDined on 9/4/2014Parc still has the perfect combo....beautiful restaurant....beautiful view.....beautiful food and great service... Everyone looks like they are having a great time.. Their bread is OUTSTANDINGSpecial Features:
- Always funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/4/2014This is always a good meal, charming ambience, and lots of fun.Special Features:
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014I have never ordered anything sub-par from Parc. It's a staple and I will be back many times in the future I'm sure.Special Features:
- MehPassionfood4lifeDined on 9/3/2014I ordered the two most intricate items on the menu I thought would signify Parc's reputation. Every bite reminded me of another place that was better. When the accompaniment is larger than the main attraction, I was bracing myself for a possible "send back". Almost like if you were to order a steak and the bake potato is larger than the steak sort of thing. Not that large portions thrill me. Ok so I ordered the foie gras. And the damn half slice peach was bigger than my long anticipated slice of heaven, Just common sense. The wines by the glass were impressive. However, the waitress did not suggest or up sell. Although she was pleasant enough.Special Features:
- ConsistentEiffelnutDined on 9/3/2014Always excellent appetizers and entrees. Never disappointed. Love the ambience. Feel like you are in Paris. Service very good. Meal started out lovely yet, unfortunately, a party of 30 were seated next to us and made the remainder of the meal a challenge to talk and hear, albeit the food was delicious. After the manager asked us how our meal was, I said it was great and we were celebrating our anniversary. At the end of the meal we were treated to six macarons and a lit candle much to our delight and surprise. Will return in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality French Bistro in PhillyJohnDined on 9/3/2014Parc gives Philadelphians a reasonable experience comparable to one they would have if they visited a bistro in Paris. The ambiance, decor and whole atmosphere is quite authentic, and fun without being stuffy or formal. Service is very good, and the menus have appropriate bistro style food, reasonably priced. We'v been there before, and we'll go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ITS OUR HANGOUTGLOBABYVIPDined on 9/3/2014WE LIVE NEAR BY WE LOVE IT AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE, WE ARE THERE AT LEAST 4 TIMES A WEEK.. OUR FRIENDS ARE THERE EVERY DAY.. WISH WE HAD STOCK IN THE CO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary spot!Lucky13Dined on 9/1/2014The chairs, the signs, the menu all put us right there in Paris! Fun people-watching on 18th Street too. Food and service very memorable, especially the appetizers.Special Features:
- Lamb vs TunaEttorestyleVIPDined on 9/1/2014This time I had the lamb sandwich off the chart with a bit of heat my friend had a salad with tuna it was a very good size and very tasty I think it was a tie have to go back for a rematch by the way champaign works well with bothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014My family and I have eaten at Parc many times. It keeps getting better and better. My husband, my 11 yr. old son, and myself enjoyed it greatly and will be going back soon.Special Features:
- Always dependableDeelongDined on 8/31/2014Brought friends here to celebrate one of their birthdays. Everyone had a delicious meal. Waitress was a bit abrupt, not friendly, but have been here many times and this was an exception, not the rule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anonymousVIPDined on 8/31/2014Delightful .... Enjoyable .... Delicious ... Ideal location for a get together anytime day or night ... Recommend: Warm shrimp saladI would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatwstmarlkVIPDined on 8/30/2014Another great meal with everything perfect as it should be. My favorite restaurant in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Always great!LuvgreatfoodDined on 8/30/2014Parc never fails to deliver. The food is consistently delicious. Love the almond crusted trout and boeuf bourguigon. Pricey but my choice for special occasions. Wait staff always attentive and friendly. French bistro atmosphere is great when weather allows for open windows. Take a walk in Rittenhouse Square before or after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceahepburn35Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I recently dined at Parc for the first time and we plan to eat here again and again. From the amazing view of Rittenhouse Park, to the exquisite food, and friendly waitstaff, this gem of a restaurant is a go to when in Philadelphia. Be sure to make reservations ahead of time as the restaurant fills up quickly on the weekends.Special Features:
- No complaints...but one questionLafemmedadriqueVIPDined on 8/30/2014I am a huge fan of Parc and have been coming here for years! Great food and great service...I see that now with my 2 little ones that are regulars there with me. My only observation worth noting is that there isn't a single waitstaff of color. Boggles my mind since I speak to many of the the non-waitstaff...one in particular who has been there for years, in French. They know me and my kids etc etc. It would be great to get a little diversity across the ranks. Once again, I am a huge fan!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location is the drawLolitaDined on 8/30/2014Parc's food was good, but the major draw is probably the location. Situated on Rittenhouse Square, the restaurant has outdoor seating and large windows so that people seated on the interior also enjoy the view and breezes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snotty water boy, but what a find!MarkDined on 8/29/2014Amazing venue. Only had one small issue...a snotty water boy. The wine/cocktail and food waiters were personable and were able to help with special dietary restrictions. Food was amazing and solid... Atmosphere was as if a French bistro had been plucked from Paris and placed in Philly. Had such a good time we went back for brunch the next morning, and the wait staff remembered our dietary restrictions. Oh and the oatmeal is amazing ... Like eating creme brulee for breakfast... Very decadent. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was a true treat.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing and the service was great. Reserve a table for two by the park side windows and people watch as you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful food on the SquareLucasDined on 8/28/2014I had been to Parc for dinner and brunch before, and enjoyed both times. The rabbit papardelle was impressive, and the beef bourguignon was simple but well prepared. The ambiance reminds me a lot of some of the bistros I've been to in France. It's a great place to take someone if you want to be able to hear each other talk.Special Features:
- Good but go easy on the salt...FoodGirl01VIPDined on 8/28/2014We started with the seafood plate for two and that was wonderful. My duck for dinner was tasty but the salt was so heavy on my foul and the spinach that I couldn't even finish it. Go easy on the salt or I think next time I will ask for no salt. Other than that, we enjoyed our martinis and the service was excellent. I will definitely give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchcarltDined on 8/27/2014I was served the wrong sandwich with items I am allergic to. I had to complain to get the correct one A mixup in the kithchenSpecial Features: