227 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parc-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2155452262x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday thru Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm L'Apres Midi: Every day: 3:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday and Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Goodwin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at (215) 923-2675.
A word from Parc
Stephen Starr's stylish addition to Rittenhouse Square pays tribute to French cafe culture, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, ideal for a quick bite or a leisurely meal. Parc recalls the chic brasseries of Paris, serving classic French fare in a charming space. Red leather banquettes topped with frosted glass provide a sense of intimacy. Details such as well-worn wooden chairs, vintage framed paintings and photos and antique brass fixtures transport guests across the Atlantic. French doors spill onto a sidewalk terrace covered by a dark red awning perfect for dining "en plein air." Reservations are not accepted for outdoor tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Parc reviews from OpenTable diners
817 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (538)great for brunch (422)fit for foodies (406)neighborhood gem (370)special occasion (350)great for lunch (344)scenic view (330)hot spot (296)romantic (262)good for groups (202)vibrant bar scene (182)notable wine list (161)late-night find (117)kid-friendly (97)Show More
- LunchcarltDined on 8/27/2014I was served the wrong sandwich with items I am allergic to. I had to complain to get the correct one A mixup in the kithchenSpecial Features:
- NEIGHBORSGLOBABYVIPDined on 8/27/2014ALWAYS SO GOOD. THE WAIT STAFF SUBURB. MGRS WONDERFUL WE EAT THERE AT LEAST 5 TIMES A WEEK, BREAKFAST LUNCH OR DINNER A LITTLE COSTLY, BUT FOOD IS PREPAIRED TO PERFECTION ALL THE TIME. THE BREADS O M G - COFFEE TOO.. PS. THE PLAIN SCRAMBLED EGGS AND SIDE OF BACON ARE SO GOOD..BEST ONION SOUP. BEST CHICKEN SALAD ON AND ON.AND THE STEAK TAR TAR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Service and food were awesome. Tough to find parking if you are coming from the burbsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchmrsmcDined on 8/24/2014We had Sunday Brunch at Parc this weekend and really enjoyed our experience. We were seated inside at one of the windows overlooking the street which was preferable to being seated outside. Our server was friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The eggs at Parc are the best I have ever had. I had the spinach and goat cheese omelette and my husband had the Eggs Norwegian. We were both so happy with our meal-in fact, my husband sent me flowers the next day thanking me for taking him to Parc for brunch. The tables are a bit small and crowded for the average person but it makes the experience much more authentically French.Special Features:
- Fantastic in every waySomeguyDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriend and I live in Baltimore and were in Philadelphia for a weekend trip. We got dinner at parc and were blown away. Great atmosphere, amazing location, fantastic service, and one of the best meals we have ever had. Chris, our server, was an absolute delight and he also had some great tips for places to visit around the area. We went all out with cocktails, appetizers, dinner, and dessert and EVERYTHING was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining at its BEST!!!!LucyVIPDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I were seated by a window table. The server came over with menus, offering water and asking if we would like a drink, providing ideas. Shortly after, a well-dressed young man came over inquiring if we had questions. He not only knew everything on the menu, but he was also able to provide finer details, such as the ingredients in each dish. The high level of service did not end there; he came back at each course to see if we were satisfied. The food was amazing, well-seasoned and artfully presented. The service was so impeccable that we had to ask for the names of the staff members who elevated our experience. The server, Sophia, and the man, who turned out to be a manager, is named Jess. Needless to say, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Great place for a first date! The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambienceook8802Dined on 8/23/2014The ambience was fantastic. The food was overpriced but still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014Always have a great experience at Parc. Warm welcomes, servers eager to give you a positive dining experience, and generally delicious food. High notes- Tuna carpaccio was outstanding, salades vertes fresh, crisp and perfectly dressed. Steak frites very good, as was boeuf bourguinon (although practically NO mashed potatoes, very sad), and a happy crispy trout diner. The recommended cheeses had my husband in a dream like state. Only low note of the evening were the profiteroles. While the pastry and ice cream were lovely, the chocolate sauce was utterly lacking in chocolate flavor, zilch. It was such a disappointment not to have that lovely deep bittersweet chocolate note. A very bad place to scrimp, Parc. All in all, a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO LOUDKayceeDined on 8/23/2014The bistro atmosphere is deafening. Have tried it twice and emerged with a sore throat from shouting both times.Special Features:
- Unpretentious French CuisineEllenPVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great location right on Rittenhouse Square. Small outside tables are meant for tow only and overlook the Park. Inside has great ambience and is quite large. Seafood was fresh and delicious. The waitstaff all worked together to take excellent care of my difficult family. Well definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting seated a problemMCBtravelerVIPDined on 8/21/2014A half hour, WITH a reservation? Haven't they been in business long enough that this kind of thing should be worked out by now? (Otherwise, a fun evening.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDrRonVIPDined on 8/21/2014Food & service were outstanding and everyone enjoyed the visit. Ben, our server, was beyond excellent. He made the experience excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great cafe scene, but too noisyjoseDined on 8/21/2014the food is excellent as a cafe, but too noisy for a business conversation at lunchSpecial Features:
- 2 business lunches in a row ...RaymondDined on 8/21/2014Dependable spot to impress clients that you're smart, cultured and able to get them in and out during a busy lunch hour!Special Features:
- Great foodPippoDined on 8/20/2014The crab cake was amazing and mostly just crab. The half chicken dish was great mostly bc of the mashed potatoes. The ravioli a were good but not as good as the chicken dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good night outTravelerDined on 8/19/2014The ambiance is really nice, the food is very good, I had Salmon which was outstanding, the sides were ho hum and the appetizers good, but I can't remember it. The drinks are outstanding, and the service is good. The one thing that really could be improved, and I'm just picking is the comfort of the chairs. The tables around us looked to be enjoying there steak frites, Oyster on the half, and cheese platesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable 50th for my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014It was my wife's 50th Birthday. Parc is one of her favorite restaurants in Philadelphia. It was even more special since I surprised her with a trip to Paris. Parc did not disappoint giving her that French ambiance and with an outstanding French cuisine flair. We ordered the assortment of cheeses for the appetizer which was perfect. The assortment of fresh bread is to good to pass up. My wife ordered the lamb shank provencal with goat cheese polenta, cooked perfectly, very tender and full of flavor. I had the skate fish which was recommended by the waiter, great choice. Others had the gazpacho with their meal and salade verte. The Trout Amandine was ordered and was full of flavor on top of fresh string beans. Very nice evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PleasureWaltVIPDined on 8/18/2014My family has been going to Parc for years, and my daughter was finally visiting for the first time. It lived up to all her expectations and then some! She highly recommends the macaroni au gratin and the pommes puree. We will continue to visit the next time we are in Philadelphia!Special Features:
- Perfect outdoor summer dinnerNickSFVIPDined on 8/17/2014I had flown in from SF and was meeting an old friend for dinner. He picked Parc, which was perfect. The server was cheerful and greeted me warmly. The moules frites were a nice starter and the trout amandine was what you want in a Classic French preparation. Sitting outside on a summer evening rounded out the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchgpaulgrayVIPDined on 8/17/2014My first time in Philly, visiting my girlfriend who just started Med School... Parc was recommended and was definitely the highlight of our morning; great food, wonderful ambiance and we got a great table.Special Features:
- Always deliversSusieQfromPhillyDined on 8/17/2014Parc is my "go to" place for when I am meeting a friend, hosting out-of-town guests, or just feeling the need to be pampered with delightful food. The wine is great, and I love being able to tell guests, "whatever you order, you won't be disappointed." Unfortunately for me, I am unable to eat the amazing bread, however, I do know how delicious it is, and often stop by to pick up a loaf to take as a present when we go to someone's home for brunch or dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Parc did an outstanding job!!!! Cannot wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMrsBVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is my second time dining at Parc. It was as amazing this time as it was last time we were here. We ordered the seafood tower and it was extremely fresh and everything was delicious. The amount of food on the tower would have been enough for dinner- it was that large. I had the chicken and my husband had the short rib special. Both were out of this world. This remains one of my favorite restaurants in Philly.
- Always Delicious!marshaDined on 8/16/2014My family just LOVES the roast chicken and always get the same thing there. Always delicious!Special Features:
- RomanticAndiDined on 8/15/2014Mt husband and I have been here many times. Most recently for my birthday. We have brought friends and family here and everyone loved it. Great service and food and always a great table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends in townhutchjonDined on 8/15/2014My friends from Chicago and North Jersey were in town and none of the had been to Parc. We loved our drinks appetizers, entrees, and desserts.Special Features:
- Always wonderful!mchgDined on 8/15/2014Food and service always 5 star! Nothing not to like about Parc~ even our kids love coming here!Special Features:
- SunshineVIPDined on 8/14/2014Reliably one of the best establishments in the city. We can always count on Parc for great service, delicious food & wonderful ambiance. This place has it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014Always a treat to dine here, no matter how many times I go. Great fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drewDined on 8/14/2014Dinerds awesome. Benjamin the waiter was great. KARA THE MANAGER FANTASTIC. The best and most memorable meal I have had in a shile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reviewMish60Dined on 8/14/2014The luncheon was excellent. The waitstaff was lovely and the food was excellent I would definitely go th this restaurant. The food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite lunch spotJanetVIPDined on 8/12/2014I LOVE Parc! The burgers are the best! The quiche is also delicious! The servers and hostesses are outstanding!!!! I do miss the cream of mushroom soup.Special Features:
- Great French Fusion!apreugpaibulDined on 8/11/2014Good atmosphere. We had great escargots, veal, lamb shank, and amazing salad.Special Features:
- Like being in ParisJiminShavertownDined on 8/11/2014I felt that I was back in Paris. The indoor setting is like being in Paris. We chose to eat indoors but outdoors also seem that it would have been pleasant. There were four of us and we all felt that the food was excellent. Would recommend this restaurant to any one for just a glass of wine to a full dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, Parisian ambienceLeeHDined on 8/11/2014Thoroughly enjoyed a business dinner at Parc earlier this week. The large windows were flung wide to catch a delightful evening breeze across Rittenhouse Square, which only served to make our dinner feel even more like one on a Paris sidewalk cafe. The pommes frites were excellent, as was my peppercorn steak marinated in a delectable sauce. My dinner companions enjoyed the scallops and a fish selection as well. Nice wine selection. I think our server struggled a bit to keep up with his workload, but that didn't mar an overall delightful dinner. Will return to Parc again.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014We sat right inside the sidewalk tables on a beautiful Philly night. Not the best onion soup ive had, but all else was great. We will be back next time in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014Food was amazing, serivce was outstanding and they totally took care of you while there. Celebrated my son's birthday there and they made that part special as well! Great place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special brunch with my motherBigAlDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic dining experience. Our server was wonderful. She made our visit that much more delightful. Her knowledge of the menu and responsiveness was remarkable. The food was glorious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything 5 Star except HostessDCOTVIPDined on 8/10/2014Would have been another perfect brunch except for the rude and unhelpful hostess. Arrived on time for our reservation, after not being seated for 20 minutes (with no apologies or explanation) and seeing tables open everywhere, the hostess was still rude and dismissive even though our entire party of 4 had been waiting for our reservation. The waitress and food/drinks were amazing, its a shame the front of the house can tarnish an otherwise fantastic experience.Special Features: