227 South 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parc-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2155452262x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday thru Friday: 7:30am - 11:00am Lunch: Monday thru Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm Brunch: Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm L'Apres Midi: Every day: 3:00pm - 5:00pm Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday and Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Goodwin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: With delectable cuisine and stellar service, Stephen STARR Events brings the experiences of the wildly successful STARR Restaurants to the world of catering. “Re-inventing” the traditional event, Stephen STARR Events prepares unique chef-driven creations as well as signature selections from the restaurants with menus tailored to each client. For more information on full-service catering for small and large private, social and corporate functions, as well as, quick-service options, please contact Stephen STARR Events at (215) 923-2675.
A word from Parc
Stephen Starr's stylish addition to Rittenhouse Square pays tribute to French cafe culture, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week, ideal for a quick bite or a leisurely meal. Parc recalls the chic brasseries of Paris, serving classic French fare in a charming space. Red leather banquettes topped with frosted glass provide a sense of intimacy. Details such as well-worn wooden chairs, vintage framed paintings and photos and antique brass fixtures transport guests across the Atlantic. French doors spill onto a sidewalk terrace covered by a dark red awning perfect for dining "en plein air." Reservations are not accepted for outdoor tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Parc reviews from OpenTable diners
785 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (499)fit for foodies (418)great for brunch (373)neighborhood gem (372)special occasion (339)great for lunch (326)scenic view (294)hot spot (294)romantic (251)good for groups (191)vibrant bar scene (159)notable wine list (155)late-night find (99)kid-friendly (85)Show More
- Overall good-though impersonalMefzDined on 9/27/2014My husband took me to Parc to celebrate my birthday because I love all things french. Overall the meal was good and I would certainly go back. We loved the simple caraf of house wine offered and enjoyed the fois gras appetizer. However, we both ordered the duck and found it to be salty. Additionally, the noise level is beyond loud so it was hard to have a conversation. The restaurant itself is huge and while our waiter was fine, he certainly wasn't overly friendly. It's one of those places where your waiter takes your order and then someone else brings out the meal so they have no clue who ordered what and we had to instruct them where each plate is supposed to go. It just felt very impersonal, like we were just another 2 top to churn out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typically good!SpitdocVIPDined on 9/27/2014Took our 3 year old and 5 month old and they made it easy and fun. My 3 yr old loved the French onion soup and Escargot. She knew that the kale was "yucky." She was right. They must have accidently poured tons of salt into the kale which accompanied the duck. It was unedible. The mussels were good not great. Service was attentive and not pushy. Pace was good. Fortunately we had a reservation as walk ins waited 1 yr. We'd return again and eat anything without kale!Special Features:
- Kind of goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My mother and I went for Saturday brunch. I had made a reservation for 1:30 which was a good thing. I overheard that without a reservation the wait for outside was an hour and inside was half an hour. My mom had the provencal baguette which was excellent. I ordered a cheeseburger because I felt like it. The bun was burnt and the burger had cartilage. Blech. The service was very good- friendly and efficient. The noise level was incredibly loud but by 2:30 it was fine. The restaurant itself is nice- traditional French bistro. I guess I would try it again at a quieter time and would order something else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014We always enjoy Parc. If you want a short "rendezvous" in Paris, make a reservation! The food is delicious, the service excellent, the tile and various decorating details add to the sensory experience. The noise level is high if crowded, but everything else makes the visit worthwhile!Special Features:
- Feels like MontmartreMasullDined on 9/26/2014I was there when there was an art expo in the square, having Croque Madame, dining outdoors, it was fabulous! Then went back on a Friday night, around 10:30, and again sat outside and enjoyed a glass of Sancerre Sauvignon Blanc, French onion soup and an exquisite salad verte. Just outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticFoodEDined on 9/26/2014From the service to the food we were very satisfied!Special Features:
- anonymousVIPDined on 9/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyable ... Thank you to all staff. Looking forward to our return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- local not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The coffee was barely lukewarm, no one knew who are server was and the food was overpriced. Finally desert was overpriced and not even of the quality of a good bakery. Chose this restaurant for location. This is my 3rd visit and will not return unless there is another out of town guest who needs to be close.Special Features:
- Birthday LunchDMC1951VIPDined on 9/25/2014Celebrating with six friends. Parc never disappoints! The food prepared to perfection , the service impeccable! Thank you...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/24/2014Another good meal at Parc. One knows what to expect and Parc consistently deliversSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak frites very goodCraigVIPDined on 9/24/2014Food was great, service was great. Where I was seated made me feel like I was between two bowling alley lanes, I'd rather be told we've nothing available than to be crammed in. At that point it wasn't about my experience it was really just get the cash. Great food and service, but I don't expect to return.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere....great foodsteaknpotatoesgrlDined on 9/23/2014I had dinner here with my daughter. Our table was inside next to a window. We shared the cheese plate for an appetizer (a must!) I ordered the steak and frites and my daughter had the ravioli. Both entrees were delicious. Our dessert choice was the chocolate molten cake which was so delicious ....it left us wanting more.Special Features:
- Always goodredramVIPDined on 9/23/2014We have had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Parc and every meal was excellent. Highly recommendeSpecial Features:
- Buzzy atmosphereUBUDOCDined on 9/22/2014Onion and mushroom soups yummy. Escargot sauce divine! Warm shrimp salad and foie gras amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a FIND!RisottoFreakVIPDined on 9/22/2014Came here for a business meeting. My first time in Philadelphia. Open Table never disappoints. What an amazing French bistro - feels authentic! French Onion Soup is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal & nice treatTmoser22Dined on 9/22/2014It was my birthday, and it was mentioned, but my mom did not ask them to bring me anything. The waiter was very perceptive and surprised us both when he brought us macaroons with a candle at the end of our meal! It was such a treat. The food was great, and so was the view of Rittenhouse ParkSpecial Features:
- Good Food and AmbianceJustaRegularEaterVIPDined on 9/21/2014Good food and a popular spot. People without reservations were waiting at the bar for a table at 9:00 PM on a Sunday night. Restaurant has open air views of the park/square across the street. With a crowded restaurant and lots of conversations, it was still pretty easy to have a conversation without having to yell across the table.Special Features:
- Paris on Rittenhouse SquareTheCurmudgeonDined on 9/21/2014Parc is a favorite of ours, and no trip to Philly from Delaware is complete for us unless we enjoy a meal there. The food and ambience are authentic, but the service is friendlier than at most Parisian restaurants, and very professional and attentive too. The staff is attractive and helpful. Standouts for us include the basket of bread, mac and cheese, and the warm shrimp salad, though we are gradually eating through the entire menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OuiGuillameGourmandDined on 9/21/2014Very popular spot. I see people doing business during the week. The liver parfait is first rate. The croquet madam is creamier than the French version & higher in calories. The mushroom soup also seems creamy; very few mushrooms pieces; likely pureed. There is a good wine list at standard high city prices by the glass. Service on previous visits was near excellent. On this visit I got the wrong wine, the incorrect wine was better & I said I would keep it. Instead the server brought me my original wine. This is a good place for people watching & it would be a good place for conversation if the noise level weren't so high. The noise is probably the reason my server got the order wrong. To see how French it is try an all day single espresso.Special Features:
- Great place for brunch.LADFDined on 9/21/2014We had brunch here on a Sunday. The good was just wonderful Very French-y. I could have made a meal on the breads. Crusty French and more. There were 3 of us and we each had something different. Everything was very good. The service, too, was outstanding. We had a reservation and were seated as soon as we arrived. We spent 4 days in Philadelphia - and have been there on 2 prior occasions - and this is my favorite of all the restaurants in which we ate.Special Features:
- Great food - awful serviceAshtraks1VIPDined on 9/21/2014We came there for brunch after running a half marathon. One of our favorite things about parc is the Beead basket that they serve to everyone. When ordering, we specifically mentioned how much we enjoy the bread. After about 20 minutes - still no bread and we asked for it again. then, our food came (my medium rate steak was cooked medium well) and still no bread! Finally it came 15 minutes later and the server did not once ask how my food was. The steak was over salted and overcooked. When it came time to pay and the server knew we were in a rush - she took 15 min to process my credit card. Overall I love the place but the experience was less than positiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will never go backmd10Dined on 9/20/2014really bad experience - service was awful, food was cold. will never go back
- chumleyDined on 9/20/2014Delicious lamb shank and beef BOURGUIGNON. Loved the decor and music. We will be back. .Special Features:
- ConsistentPhoodadelphiaVIPDined on 9/20/2014I'm sure you're all well aware of the consistent quality of the service and food at Parc, but the atmosphere on a fall Saturday afternoon is idyllic. Not only do your surroundings make you forget you're in Philadelphia, but the vibrant energy just puts you in a good mood for the rest of the day. At one point, my party stopped what they were doing to look around and exclaim, "This is great isn't it?"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.JessMillerDined on 9/20/2014Amazing experience, I would highly reccomment Parc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect French BistrofoodieDined on 9/19/2014Parc's hostess staff went over and above to find us just the right table where we could catch up with old friends. Our waiter was well informed, to the point and efficient. The food was absolutely fabulous. We started with cocktails and a wonderful glass of Cote du Rhone and began our food eventure with the escargo. TO DIE FOR!!!!!!! We all had different entres' which were fantastic and ended with the second to none; creme brulee. I can't wait to be back in Philadelphia for another chance to visit this restaurant. BEST OF THE CITY!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server: LaurenAnniversary6Dined on 9/19/2014We visit to Philadelphia often for special occasions and always make a point of dining at Parc. This Friday September 19, we celebrated Our 6th wedding anniversary and were treated to exceptional service by a young lady. Amex Lauren. She was vibrant, knowledgable, and helpful in providing a pair of reading glasses after I discovered that I had forgotten mine. Lauren epitomizes the style and grace of your restaurant and I hope we see her again at our next visit to Parc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in PhiladelphiaSallyDined on 9/19/2014Seated inside or outside Parc has the ambiance of bring in an authentic Parisian Bistro. Takes you away on holiday ! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parc PerfectLipcheesVIPDined on 9/19/2014This was my first time at this restaurant which was recommended by a friend local to the area. I ordered the quiche and a side order of fries (sorry, make that "pommes frites") which went well with a nice glass of white wine. Everything was better than expected. Would have stayed for coffee and dessert but I was on a schedule. Great atmosphere but very loud so difficult to have a conversation without yelling across the table. Would definitely go here again to try something on the dinner menu and probably need to make reservations. I happened to walk by the restaurant around dinner time and it was packed with anxious-but-willing-to-wait patrons. Always a good sign!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulrobinVIPDined on 9/18/2014Parc is a fabulous place for delicious and beautiful food!Special Features:
- Don't miss itSworkmanDined on 9/17/2014Great quaint French Bistro in the heart of Rittenhouse square. With outside and scenic window seating it is a can't miss for quality!Special Features:
- Always wonderfulCindyDined on 9/17/2014Food and atmosphere can't be beat. Brunch, lunch, drinks and dinner all great at Parc. Whether it is just my husband and me, our family, or with other couples, Parc is always one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parccn71VIPDined on 9/17/2014Lunch was ,as usual, excellent. Onion soup is the best and bread is outstanding. Still my favorite place for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- when in Paris..jessanddaveDined on 9/15/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our time and meal at Parc. It is a little pricey so it is great for a special occasion. Great wine list and they have a good amount of craft beers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itNiNiVIPDined on 9/15/2014I met a friend for drinks and dinner. We shared a bottle of wine and both had the cheeseburger with fries, which was great. They also gave us a basket of wonderful assorted breads. I usually would not eat the bread from the bread basket when ordering a cheeseburger but their bread is so delicious that I couldn't resist. We sat at table inside, which was opened to the air, overlooking Rittenhouse square. It was just like sitting outside. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiamDined on 9/14/2014authentic french cuisine. I felt like I was in a Parisian restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Puppy walkerPuppywalkerDined on 9/14/2014I always enjoy Parc.I brought my sister ,it was her first time.She loved the food,but said its pricey.we went pretheater.Special Features:
- Foodgasm!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Just moved to Philly & heard rave reviews about Parc. My coworkers weren't lying, the food was amazing! Went with a friend and we had Norwegian Salmon & Maine Lobster. We also got a great bottle of Chardonnay and the tastiest chocolate desert. I can't say enough great things about the food, absolutely amazing! Actually this is the best meal I've had in a while. We are already talking about your next trip to Parc.Special Features:
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at Parc. The food and staff were excellent. It was louder and crazier than we expected, but we had a great time. The location is fantastic too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!MrMuffinsDined on 9/12/2014This place was hopping but that didn't slow the service down one bit. We were seated in a great spot right by the open window to the sidewalk and it was great fro people watching. We were simultaneously celebrating my wife's 30th birthday and our 6 year wedding anniversary and the staff at Parc certainly made us feel special. The food was delicious! We went with scallops and mussels and I love the bread basket. A wonderful evening at a wonderful restaurant.Special Features: