Paravicinis Italian Bistro
2802 W. Colorado Ave
Colorado Springs, CO 80904Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Paravicinis Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://paravicinis.com/
- Phone: 7194718200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Franco Pisani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pick up or delivery, we will take care of all your party needs.
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 rooms, one seats up to 20 the other up to 44.
- Private Party Contact: Franco Pisani 7194718200
A word from Paravicinis Italian Bistro
Located in a historic 1895 building this casual Italian eatery brings a bit of "little Italy" to Colorado Springs. We offer many classic Italian dishes such as lasagna, veal marsala and Tutto di Mare as well as Chef Franco’s original fare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Paravicinis Italian Bistro - Best Restaurants in Colorado Springs ›
Paravicinis Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (68)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (38)good for groups (27)romantic (23)notable wine list (19)great for lunch (17)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (14)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- 1st visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our meals were the BEST. Service at the bar was the BEST. Table service, a bit to be desired. Waitress had no personality. Service was SLOW but it was crowded with a huge teenage homecoming party. Understood. Had to ask for bread. When bread finally arrived, it was stone cold in the center. Best meatballs EVER! Black Cherry Bada Bing, FAB!!Special Features:
- CozyDi25VIPDined on 9/12/2014Great cozy traditional Italian restaurant with great food& wonderful gluten free options. It's always busy on weekends so reservations are very helpful. I recommend the seafood diablo with polenta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have never been so disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014After hearing rave reviews about the restaurant my husband and I decided to have our anniversary dinner there. The place was cute, the service great but the food was so disappointing. The food was very bland and nothing impressive about it. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Delicious!EyeEetFudDined on 9/6/2014Very tasty menu, good wine list, prompt and friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014I am not from your area and was in transit looking for Italian food, plus on a date and had Googled Italian restaurants when your name came up with a high review rating and is reason for making the choice to have dinner with you guys. Great choice, very much like the food with Kathy being one of the best waitress I have ever known, great girl. It was a bit noisy with people sitting very close and my being with girlfriend, so would have like a little more romantic spot, but hey all were very friendly and made for a good experience. We have put you on our list of one of our favorite spots to return. Thanks, kp of Beaumont, TexasSpecial Features:
- Great find!AcuramsDined on 8/31/2014Were passing through the area and found this great classic Italian corner eatery on OT. Highly recommend the veal dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a treat!AkisanDined on 8/31/2014Paravicinis is such a treat. Great food and service. We will eat there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotD1260Dined on 8/30/2014went here over parents weekend at USAFA - very nice place with a neighborhood feel and excellent food . HAd adults and high school age kids and everyone enjoyed - I would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Paravicini, a wonderful experience.DesperadoDined on 8/25/2014Exceptional dining experience from the greeting at the door, through the appetizer and entrees to the dessert and after dinner drinks. Suzonne was, as always, an absolute gem, staging the appetizer, entrées, drinks and desserts so no more than one course was on the table at any time and making sure we had everything we needed without "hovering."Special Features:
- Best Birthday DinnerKatSanguinettiDined on 8/24/2014We have eaten here many times for both lunch and dinner but for my birthday the staff pulled out all the stops. The food was fabulous, the server treated us, including my kids, like neighbors. This was the best birthday dinner I have had in many years!Special Features:
- Great customer service and foodchrisDined on 8/23/2014Celebrated my friends birthday and we has an awesome experience. Salmon was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the worst....TaccDined on 8/21/2014Had high hopes for dinner, but went downhill fast. Sadly after we were sat we had the pleasure of heading the next table yell at their server for overcharging and messing their check up. We then found out that the server getting yelled at was ours. After ten min of waiting our drink order was taken. Then five min after that our drinks came and then more waiting for our food order. Veil tasted as if it had been frozen over and over. Lemon garlic sauce was good, but stale veal just ruined it. High point for the whole dinner was our bill wasn't messed up. Guess were the lucky ones.
- MickiemickieDined on 8/16/2014One of our favorite places. OK it is our favorite place food is always fantastic I usually get the wine special and as usual it was perfect can't say enough good thingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisy on weekend eveningsredsubarugirlDined on 8/16/2014Our party of 6 recently dined at Paravicinis on a Saturday evening beginning at 7pm. We had made reservations. We were seated at a booth that was somewhat of a "U" shape. Because of this and the noise level in the establishment, it was difficult for us to converse. We don't have any complaints about the food or service. Both were good. But the noise level was too high for our liking. Because of this, I would not return on a busy weekend evening. I would say my overall enjoyment of the evening was GREATLY reduced by our inability to converse well with those at our own table.Special Features:
- chicken parmiagianaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The chicken was just okay. There was not an abundance of mostaccoli shells and sauce.Special Features:
- Room for ImprovementTheCuriousTravelerDined on 8/12/2014This is one of the places we try to get to when we are vacationing in the area each August, but I'm not sure I'd return next year. It was a bit lacking from last year both in food quality and service. The salad was limp and the house dressing bland, the cod florentine was likewise rather bland although it was cooked to perfection. Our server was gloomy and inattentive. I think we got one smile out of her. She asked us our drink order and we told her water at first, but she never asked us later what our wine choice was. We had to flag her down to order it. When we were done with our meal, she plunked down the check without a word. We would have ordered dessert, but she never gave us that opportunity. Other servers around us were far better.
- Excellent all aroundPickyeater2Dined on 8/8/2014As one of my favorites, brought out of town guests. They raved about the place for days. Our server was outstanding as was the food. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerkindyteacherDined on 8/3/2014Each of our party of 5 ordered a different meal. Every meal was outstanding. Unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert and we know how great they are too. If you are from the east coast you will be thrilled with the mussel appetizer! Only place I know of that has them the way we like them.Special Features:
- TRULY A PLACE TO DINE LOCALLY!!!DinedwithGODDined on 7/24/2014Paravicinis Italian Bistro, quite the local getaway for the Colorado Springs Area. Location, Food, Ambiance, Love and Laughter; all a plus with a dabble ofRomance/Bromance. Whether you having supper with friends or dinner with a date, this little local hideaway is a force to be reckoned with. Every meal has a personalized feel and the Chef often hits the floor right before close. Total meal pricing range from $20-$40 per person per sitting with a limited alternative to consuming alcohol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed itLarrySVIPDined on 7/22/2014We found this on Trip Advisor and they were right. It's a great neighborhood restaurant with great food and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Favorite ItalianrldjlDined on 7/22/2014Since we moved to Colorado this has become our favorite restaurant. The food and service is always excellent and the ambiance reminds me of being in a European bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JR59Dined on 7/20/2014Excellent meal. Good service and great ambiance! Recommend this for an evening meal anytime. Kids are treated and love the food/Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional, but...NewOrleansNativeDined on 7/20/2014As always, Paravicinis Italian Bistro offers exceptional home-style family run favorite meals... BUT, what I've noticed over the past two and half years is that the portion sizes continue to grow SMALLER - sort of like candy bars - same price but you get less. The quality is still there - but I ordered the lunch tortellini special and had only about 15 bites (portions). I find this true also of most of the dinner entrées I've also received. It's still a great family restaurant, but it seems the owners are just serving smaller sizes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Have been here numerous times. Sometimes excellent, sometimes not! No consistency.
- Great food!LuvitalianDined on 7/19/2014We traveled from Phoenix, Arizona to renew our wedding vows for our 20th anniversary. We needed to find a restaurant for dinner afterwards. They accomedated our party of 10 in a private room. The food and service was excellent! We would defiantly go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- almost perf. authentic italian foodtatzyDined on 7/18/2014We love the ambient and the food is almost like I know it from back home in Italy. Overall very good and quite a lot of food! The service is - even when there are a lot of people - very good. We'll for sure come back to enjoy the great kitchen, ambience and service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousLuv2eatitalianDined on 7/11/2014The food tasted very good. Especially the clams with the dark (tomato) sauce. We love Italian food. Unfortunately we had to asked the server to change her apron because it was covered with what turned out to be dog hair. This should have never happen in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sauce is Great!NameIsTomDined on 7/9/2014I always rate an italian restaurant by how I like the spaghetti sauce and P's is very good. I seem to be the only one who detects just a touch of heat (spicyness) in it. But, the flavor is just right for me.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the bestFirsttimedinersDined on 7/6/2014Our dining experience was not the best. Very crowded. We made a reservation on line and are very glad we did. Otherwise we would not have waited for a table. Waiter could not find lemon for our water - yet the table next to us had lemon so someone knew where the lemon was. He told us about 5 or 6 times that he was waiting on bread. We finished our salad and did not get bread until we were done with the salad. The bread was not the best - but OK. Food was really tasty, but the waiter was not really good. Not friendly. Did not offer to fill up our water glasses until we got boxes to take home food and we were ready to leave. We will probably try again, but since we live in Woodland Park we will have to make an effort to do this.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!foodforthoughtDined on 7/4/2014Came into Colorado Springs for a weekend and found this gem on Open Table. Not much to look at from the outside, but the food and service make up for it. Fantastic Italian favorites plus a few surprises from the Chef. Highly recommend..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GumpyDined on 7/1/2014Food and service are always good at reasonable prices. Portions are quite generous.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014We found Paravicini's through Urbanspoon while in Co. Springs. It was in a neat historic area that unfortunately we didn't get to explore. However, the unassuming building housed a great restaurant. Many interesting choices, great specials and a nice atmosphere. We had our12 year old son with us, who, while willing to try new things, isn't always looking for a food adventure. He did very well and had many choices. The portions of pasta are large and could easily be shared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing spotHatTrick99Dined on 6/28/2014Some of the best Italian food I've ever had. Great location, atmosphere, everything.Special Features:
- TheSpaniardDined on 6/28/2014Paravicini's is one of our favorite restaurants in Springs. We have never had a mediocre meal there....our entrees have always been excellent. Veal Tuscano and Veal Piccata are our favorites! House salad could use a few more "interesting" greens (arugula, red cabbage, red-leaf lettuce), but house dressing is light and classic Italian, which we love. The wait staff is generally very good. The ambiance is authentic Italian -- -- it can get a little noisy in the main dining area -- so if you want a quiet, romantic dinner, you might want to try their patio. If you love classic Italian food and the feel of a "neighborhood" Italian restaurant, we highly recommend Paravicini's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodtrouthunterDined on 6/27/2014Entrees are very tasty and moderate in amount. Salads are small, but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!!tkroftaDined on 6/24/2014This was a great find. The gnocchi was outstanding and the atmosphere was great!Special Features:
- LoveditDined on 6/19/2014We went for my wife's birthday. She loved it. The server Chad, was attentive but not over bearing. The food was excellent. We made reservations and was seated right away. Several staff members checked on us to ensure everything was going well. The portions are huge, had to take a lot of food home. We look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- ScottDined on 6/18/2014See previous reviews, always a five star experience for me.Special Features:
- ScottDined on 6/15/2014Left Colorado over a year ago and upon returning for a visit, where else could I go but Paravicini's. You people in Colorado Springs have a real gem in this restaurant. The food is still amazing, the service top notch and the people that work here,,,, they are what makes this place so fantastic. Franco, thank-you. Keep doing what you do.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceluvlocaldinersDined on 6/15/2014We've been here twice. We enjoyed the pleasant, relaxed atmosphere. The food was authentic Italian. Loved that it's a locally owned, family restaurant. The lobster bisque was delicious. Each of the pasta dishes we tried were wonderful. The black cherry cheesecake was to die for! Our waitress was very friendly and helpful in food selection. This was a great find in a old Colorado City.Special Features: