139 East Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paramourwayne.com/
- Phone: 6109770600x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday, 10am – 12am;
Monday through Thursday, 11:30am – 12am;
Friday and Saturday, 11:30am – 2am
Saturday and Sunday, 10am – 2pm
Monday through Friday, 11:30am – 3pm
Sunday, 5pm – 9pm;
Monday through Thursday, 5pm – 10pm;
Friday and Saturday, 5:30pm – 11pm
Our all-day dining menu is available in the Bistro Bar, Lobby Lounge and on the Veranda from Lunch through Dinner service.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Paramour’s memorable cuisine and gracious service are the foundation for any special occasion. This inviting, energetic restaurant is the perfect place to host your private dining event, business meeting or cocktail reception. Our Private Event Coordinator looks forward to taking care of every detail so that you can entertain with ease and confidence.
Call Grace Wilson at 610-329-1800 to discuss your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Grace Wilson 8889251262
- Special Events: Find out what's happening next at Paramour... paramourwayne.com/next
A word from Paramour
Paramour features seasonally inspired modern American cuisine in a setting that combines distinctive classical architecture with elegant contemporary furnishings. This inviting, energetic restaurant is the perfect place for a special occasion meal, but also a fun spot for a cocktail or a glass of wine and a quick bite. For an experience you can truly fall in love with, feed your passions at Paramour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paramour reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)great for outdoor dining (72)fit for foodies (70)romantic (60)neighborhood gem (59)great for brunch (41)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (27)vibrant bar scene (24)good for groups (22)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Fine B-day DiningNewZagats2VIPDined on 8/27/2014Went here w/ Jerry for a dual birthday. Very happy w/ the peach salad, corn soup, + halibut, complimentary homemade cookies for b-days, I loved the rhubarb sorbet, that has ginger :-) But, I asked for a black napkin, and forgot to bring it, so I ruined my very fancy dress!! :-( No matter how many times I tried to clean it with seltzer water, to get out the oil marks, it did not work! :-( If only he had brought out my napkin! It was the first time I had ever worn this dress and now it was ruined! I could not help but feel that he was not as attentive as all the other servers we have always had, who were outstanding! The food was excellent but they lost my vote of complete perfection. Expensive,mistake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place!VickieGDined on 8/24/2014Went to Paramour for dinner on a Sunday night and it was a nice experience. It was very busy on the patio, but I sat inside and had a very quiet dinner. Great neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Service not great on this visitBrianVIPDined on 8/24/2014Wife and I had brunch there on Sunday because the brunch was decent when we dined there the day after we got married. Waitress never checked on us after taking our order. The next time we saw her was after the food came although she visited nearby tables several times. She didn't even glance our way when I tried to get her attention. After gave me cold ketchup after I requested ketchup for my eggs.Special Features:
- PHENOMENAL!!! :-)NewZagats2VIPDined on 8/22/2014Best Restaurant for a FOODIE!!! :-) Romantic, perfect, and PHENOMENAL! It's the kind of place you can go to propose! The FOOD is PERFECT! Peach salad and the fruita del mar flatbread and the scallop entree, and this is the current summer menu! It keeps changing! Always to DIE FOR, though!! LOVE It! And all of the servers and the presentations are PERFECTION! O:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetBarryVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was outstanding. Truly gourmet - especially the halibut. Waiter was very nice as well. Took a long time to get our main dish, but we were okay with that.Special Features:
- great food and atmosphereDamianDined on 8/21/2014We had a great meal once again, love sitting on the porch. The food and the flavors are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableMarianDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful experience at Paramour. Food was delicious (especially the mussels frites) and the service was great. We will return. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in the Wayne HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Although on the more expensive side, we believe the quality of food and service makes this a great value for special occasions.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceTwoFoodiesVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had an early Saturday dinner reservation. We were the only diners in our section for most of the meal. The service, as always, was very good, and the food was excellent. Paramour is one of our favorite restaurants, and have recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Place - Lousy FoodJudeDined on 8/7/2014Outdoor dining and service was great! Drinks perfectly prepared. Was very excited about the possibility of a great new place to dine. Then the food came. The oysters were six TINY "Jersey" oysters. Tasty but barely there. The dinners - inedible. Neither of us ate more than a few bites of our dinners. The Spaghetti Chittara was a clump of stuck together pasta floating in a pool of oil. Disgusting to look at and to eat. You could actually pick the whole clump of pasta up with your fork! So for 2 drinks each, splitting the oysters, my pasta/no salad first -- my friend had two appetizer's as her dinner. No dessert, just a cup of coffee ... The bill was $140.00 not including the tip!! Outrageous! Terrible dinner. Might go back just for drinks.
- Enjoyed our DinnerWestChesterDinerVIPDined on 8/5/2014First meal at Paramour. 5:30 reservation meant they were not too busy. Shared the shrimp & artichoke flatbread which was tasty but probably too large for an appetizer for just 2 visits, would skip that unless dining with a larger group. I had the corn soup which was very good and also quite large. I also had the hamachi crudo which was fabulous. My husband said his halibut was very good. The mussels small plate had a very nice broth with Andouille sausage. The mussels themselves were on the small side and unexceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Very good, imaginative, and attractively presented food. New waitress needed more training - really, really green.Special Features:
- Sunday Supper!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014The Prix Fixe Sunday Supper option was a great find! The food and service were fantastic, and the three courses were regular-sized - not smaller like some prix fixe deals. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job for our special eventRGWolfDined on 7/26/2014We were very pleased overall. Service was outstanding. Attentive to our needs - especially our special request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent -- As Always ...TechvestcoVIPDined on 7/26/2014We spend a lot of time in Wayne and Paramour. The food is superb and the service is excellent. If you want a really fine dining experience, this is it. Eating on the porch in the summer is a special treat. They have really perfected the dining experience over the years. You will see me there again -- and again. There are very few restaurants in the area -- or the region for that matter -- that compare to Paramour. Why the hell would anyone drive downtown when we have a such a gem in the neighborhood. Had dinner there twice in a week and both times everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Food could be better.FoodieVIPDined on 7/24/2014I've now been to Paramour 3 times; once for dinner and twice for lunch. Dinner was nice, except they put a huge table in the center of the dining room for a loud party, so we couldn't hear each other at our table because of the noise. My recent lunch was simply a cheese burger & side salad. The burger was very good; the salad was dressed with an oily and too salty dressing. All in all, a bit too expensive for food that is just not good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad serviceBarLuccaVIPDined on 7/23/2014Our server, Vincent, was terrible. After bringing us the wrong drinks, he disappeared for 35 minutes without even taking our food order. We finally had to go up to the hostess and ask her to find him for us. This is our second time having him and both times were awful. If we come back to Paramour, we would specifically request NOT to be seated in his section.Special Features:
- Amazing dining experience!foodpinionDined on 7/20/2014The Chef's tasting menu was phenomenal. We were so glad that we opted for the wonderful wine pairing as well because we were able to experience and discuss the wines with their very personable Sommelier. While the room is beautifully designed, we sat in one of a few circular booths which face a parking lot across the street which detracts from the ambiance; and would recommend additional landscaping outside the window as a screen or always keep the curtains closed.Special Features:
- nice mainline restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014Great place to meet friends for brunch on a Sat/ Sunday afternoon. Sitting on the outdoor porch is very pleasant and relaxing. Food was good, with each of us ordering something different. Everyone was happy with their selections. Bloody Mary bar is an interesting addition with lots of choices. Our service was good, our waiter was courteous and very helpful in making selections. I have been here a number of times and will be happy to return.Special Features:
- Nice brunchSusanVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had a nice brunch at Paramour; the open access to the brunch appetizers is a nice touch. I had a salad and my husband had the quiche for brunch; both were excellent.Special Features:
- nice surpriseBullDined on 7/16/2014Our experience was good. The food and the service was really good. A little pricey.Special Features:
- Not for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/13/2014Are here for dinner about a year ago and it was great. Went in for Sunday brunch and it was the complete opposite of my last visit. Service was slow and food was certainly nothing special. Especially for the price. 5 people spent $190 on brunch before tip. We did have two mimosas each. Won't be going back for brunch again.
- DuboisVIPDined on 7/13/2014Usually excellent brunch. This time, service was very slow possibly due to a wedding party in another room. They seemed ill-equipped to handle the additional volume. Two in our party had problems with their eggs- one was under-cooked, the other was ice cold. Also, did not replace buffet breads and pastries without our asking several times.
- delicious food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014johnny was our server, he was knowledgeable and helped make our dinng experience more enjoyable food was wonderfulSpecial Features:
- cantthinkofanameDined on 7/10/2014We had a wonderful experience and look forward to coming back soon. Everyone was very accommodating and polite. Our server made sure to let me know that they received my message about my allergies and that I had nothing to worry about. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. I don't know what else to say. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking to have an amazing dining experience. Ohh... One last thing. I am looking forward to trying their burgers. Hopefully real soon.Special Features:
- DelightfulJoanDined on 7/8/2014On a hot day, I couldn't imagine myself eating outside, but they offered their porch with ceiling fans and it was actually delightful. The food was delicious - we each had a salad and homemade coffee gelato (with cookies on the side). Our French waitress was attentive and quite pleasant. I recommend it for lunch and/or dinner. It truly is a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant in WayneJSG143Dined on 7/7/2014Food was wonderful. Caesar salad was nice size. Not made table side, but dressing tasted fresh. Diver scallops with English peas were perfect--nice crunch to the peas. Hangar steak well-cooked as ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceimuymlVIPDined on 7/6/2014Dined on the veranda, which was a real treat on a fantastic summer evening. Food was of superior quality, prepared perfectly, and beautifully presented. The service was attentive without being obtrusive. Of special note was the serious wine list. On Sunday, they offer selected bottles at half price. The sommelier described each of the half-priice choices very well to help us make our choice ... and his description was spot-on. We can't find any flaw worth mentioning in our entire dining experience at Paramour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchFoodfanDined on 7/6/2014Sunday brunch was delicious and very relaxing. We sat on the porch on a beautiful day and relaxed for more than 2 hours without feeling rushed or any pressure to leave. Bloody Mary bar was fun and the appetizer bar had delicious small bites. The menu was varied and interesting. Definitely worth a second visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paramountcinmag5490Dined on 7/4/2014This restaurant is one of the best restaurants we've been to in a very long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PruneVIPDined on 7/3/2014Very interesting food choices I. E the dates were yummy .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience and great foodPhillyeatsDined on 7/2/2014Great Main Line dining and beautiful setting. Enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Recommend and I will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Sunday Birthday Dinnerdinner4twoDined on 6/29/2014The setting of the main dining room was perfect for a quiet birthday celebration dinner for my wife. The food was outstanding and Joseph's service was impeccable. A truly enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting menu and wine pairingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/28/2014Loved the tasting menu with wine pairing. Will definitely do it again!Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGmrjazzcatDined on 6/28/2014Everything really was outstanding about it. - From the time we entered the parking lot to the time we drive away. - One of the best ; if not THE best dinning experience ever.Special Features:
- Will definitely go back!Adapt2chaosDined on 6/27/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary and had a great time! We decided to sit in the dining room- but will have to go back to try the bar menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New FavoriteDeegeeVIPDined on 6/24/2014Our anniversary dinner was excellent from start to finish. Sitting on the porch on a beautiful summer evening added to the perfect ambience. Appetizers of heirloom tomato mozzarella salad and Caesar salad were followed by scallops and sea bass , all excellent. Dessert was different and delicious, chocolate caramel parfait. Service could not have been better and since reading poor reviews about this we were concerned. We will be back especially in the summer for the porch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- team meetingGenyDined on 6/23/2014great for team meeting to eat outside. We enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- After 39 Years new anniversary spotFamily3Dined on 6/21/2014Needed a new restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. An online search suggested Paramour might fit our need. It did. Vibrant restaurant with great service, exciting ambience, innovative menu, and good-looking patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014I took my dad to brunch for Father's Day. We made reservations and when we arrived, the hostess gave us a choice between a table inside or on the porch. It was beautiful out so we sat on the porch. Our server was fantastic at the beginning and great at the end but disappeared for the majority of our time there. We had to ask another server for refills after we sat there for 20+ minutes with empty glasses. When the food came out, some of it was missing so we had to get another server to get the rest of our order. The food was delicious but slightly over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.