139 East Lancaster Avenue
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paramourwayne.com/
- Phone: 6109770600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday, 11:30am – 11pm
Friday, 11:30am – 12am
Saturday, 10am – 12am
Sunday, 10am – 10pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am – 2pm
Monday through Friday, 11:30am – 3pm
Monday through Thursday, 5pm – 10pm
Friday and Saturday, 5:30pm – 11pm
Sunday, 5pm – 9pm
Our all-day dining menu is available in the Bistro Bar, Lobby Lounge and on the Veranda from Lunch through Dinner service.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Paramour’s memorable cuisine and gracious service are the foundation for any special occasion. This inviting, energetic restaurant is the perfect place to host your private dining event, business meeting or cocktail reception. Our Private Event Coordinator looks forward to taking care of every detail so that you can entertain with ease and confidence.
Call Grace Wilson at 610-329-1800 to discuss your needs.
- Private Party Contact: Grace Wilson 8889251262
- Special Events: Find out what's happening next at Paramour... paramourwayne.com/next
A word from Paramour
Paramour features seasonally inspired modern American cuisine in a setting that combines distinctive classical architecture with elegant contemporary furnishings. This inviting, energetic restaurant is the perfect place for a special occasion meal, but also a fun spot for a cocktail or a glass of wine and a quick bite. For an experience you can truly fall in love with, feed your passions at Paramour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Paramour - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
Paramour reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)special occasion (79)great for outdoor dining (74)neighborhood gem (67)romantic (57)great for brunch (34)notable wine list (28)good for groups (23)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (12)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Good Food Service FairRosstheBossDined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed our evening at Paramour. Bar nice. Nice ambiance. Food awesome. Service a bit disorganized.Special Features:
- Lovely brunch!SujoVIPDined on 10/12/2014We had a very nice time celebrating my husbands birthday. I'd mentioned in our open table reservation that it was his birthday and that detail did not go unnoticed as they brought out a lovely dessert treat with a candle! Also voluntarily provided a wrap for my daughter to keep her warm on the porch. Nice details. Great food. Will return!Special Features:
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/12/2014We went for Sunday brunch, and the restaurant is very nice but with our table of 5, we were stuffed into a table of 4 with a 5th chair added to the end. kind of tight, and the restaurant was 1/2 empty for brunch. This was disappointing considering this was a special occasion meeting some friends we hadn't seen in awhile. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Plenty of selections for brunch, and we all had something different. In general, everyone had the same opinion of the food, it was OK, we weren't blown away.Special Features:
- Brunch Good but not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2014Went to the Paramour Sunday brunch for an Anniversary celebration, 6 adults and an 18 month old Granddaughter. Was disappointed by the complimentary bar appetizers, the advertised description indicated a more elaborative selection. The entrees were good (everyone that ordered the chicken and waffles really enjoyed it, the crab cakes and lobster roll were disappointing). The service was very good considering that a wedding ceremony and reception was going on at the same time. That event actually added to our special occasion.Special Features:
- great foodrldmkeDined on 10/9/2014Food from the soup to the dessert was well prepared and very tasteful. The filet mignon was amazing. The service was nothing special. Once we received the main entree, the server seldom checked in on us. Also there is a charge for water. That I thought was a little over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummybmja69Dined on 10/7/2014We did the chef 5 tasting with wine pairings and it was very yummy. Our server was excellent as were all the people working there. The bartender was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- Great foodHombre6Dined on 10/4/2014Service was great and the food delicious. The dining area is very lovely and the bar area very inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingamoreDined on 9/29/2014This was our first time there. My husband and I are foodies and have eating in many places. The food was great and the staff could not more for us. I am planning a trip back around the holidays with friendsSpecial Features:
- Always Perfect!NewZagats2VIPDined on 9/27/2014Always perfect! Even if we are just having a quick dinner on the go! They are 5 star all the way! Even if we split a bunch of things for variety! Their presentation is pure PERFECTION! The salad with cranberry dressing and add on some shrimp is to die for and so was the salmon! Gorgeous, like out of a magazine! Fabulous! Their service is the BEST!!! Fit for kings and queens!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and overratedMikeDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I usually splurge when we are on a getaway weekend, but this was not worth it. Our bill was $178.90 (tip extra) for food and service that was not outstanding. The bread and water server was very friendly and attentive. The bus boy also did a great job. Our waiter was training someone and it took too long to get our second drinks. In the end, it's all about the food which was just okay. If we go back to Wayne, we would try somewhere else.Special Features:
- DisapointmentDisapointmentDined on 9/26/2014Have been to the Paramour in the past & found it quite lovely. However, our experience on 9/26 was disappointing to say the least. The delicious food was the only savings grace. We sat at our table for at least 20 minutes before a server approached. He was gracious, apologized profusely & brought us a complimentary cocktail. After knocking over a full glass of water and moving my date to the opposite side of the table, I asked for another glass of water, and 15 mn later, had to ask again. Our candle was never lit so I switched one out from another table. Although the server remained attentive and apologetic, we sat for what seemed a longer than normal amount of time waiting for our dinner to arrive.Special Features:
- Nice food & decorMypm8Dined on 9/25/2014This restaurant is well located in Wayne. It's perfect for celebrating a special occasion, good service (a little bit slow) friendly. N ice decor and bar. Good food but bit overpriced. We recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice!EatswellDined on 9/24/2014Great food, great service! Highly recommended. We ordered a few small plates and a flatbread and everything was delicious. The service was also great. You can't go wrong choosing Paramour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedJohnnyBravoDined on 9/22/2014Paramour is a great restaurant for someone ok with spending a little extra on a special occasion. I've taken my girlfriend here for her birthday, anniversaries and other occasions and we are never disappointed. My favorite dish is everything on the menu. You cannot go wrong here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/21/2014Our family decided to try out Paramour for brunch. We loved the appitizer bar and bloody mary bar! Service was attentive and the servers were very knowledgable about the menu. Food was beautifully presented and very tasty! Everyone was friendly and inviting. We look forward in returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brunch!austhakeDined on 9/21/2014I initially wanted to come here for dinner but couldn't make it so instead I went for the weekend brunch and it was spectacular. I got the french toast and it was probably the best I've ever had. What made the experience even better was the selection of chef's appetizers we could grab while waiting for our food. Would recommend this place to anyone and am hoping to come back for dinner or another brunch!Special Features:
- First time visitphillyfoodieDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I chose paramour because we had heard many great things about this surburan restaurant and wanted to make our long awaited night out a memorable one - it lived up to and surpassed expectation. The staffs attention to us and knowledge was nothing short of impressive. The decor beautiful and the menu interesting(all locally sourced food which we LOVE!) She chose the dover sole (you dont see this dish often and it was extremely well done) while i stayed true to my old favorite - the filet. Flavors were amazing! Thank you Paramour for a wonderful evening away from the kids - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but terrible experienceCorporateDinerDined on 9/17/2014We recently hosted a dinner with 2 people from our very important customer and were having an enjoyable dinner until the end. After paying the bill, the manager of the restaurant came back to our table and asked if everything was fine. We said yes. He then announced then "why did you only leave a 10% tip?" We explained that the "payer" was from Europe and not familiar with tipping policies in the USA. The manager then said he would like to increase it to 18%. To avoid any further embarrasement, we quickly agreed. However, this has had a lasting impression on us as well as our customer. This was totally classless and quite embarassing for us. Our company and the customer's company have used this place in the past - but never again!
- Service ruined everythingFoodiesx2VIPDined on 9/17/2014Went for a very special evening. Took a very long time to get a drink on the veranda. Then once we went inside to dine, service got worse. Server literally NEVER approached the able after taking our order (underlings actually serve the food). We had to motion to another server or a bus person to get our server for another drink etc. Food was OK. Pork tenderloin had LOTS of gristle. The red kurri soup however was rich and delicious. Bread was quite ordinary - room temp - hard. We will give it another try - but only one. In addition - they charged us for a more expensive grey Goose when my husband had ordered a less expensive Beefeater.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I was quite disappointed in the rather slow service, despite there only being a few people in the restaurant. The food was delicious but overpriced. The drinks were way overpriced and neither I nor my girlfriend enjoyed ours much at all.Special Features:
- Need to try againOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I went for dinner. We typically go for a nice dinner at a steak house and wanted to try Paramour. Bar had a great ambiance as did the restaurant. My wife's steak was very rare, she ordered medium-well and it came out rare. Sent it back, for it to come back medium-rare. I like mine medium-rare, but she does not. when it came out the 3rd time it was well done and like leather. Cooking a steak is pretty simple, I expect errors at a chain restaurant but not somewhere we're paying $400 all-in for a nice dinner. I'd go back and give them another try because the place is nice, and local. I had the porterhouse pork chop with lentils which was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food & serviceHombre6Dined on 9/13/2014The food was fantastic and the service was superb. Our waiter was very knowledgeable about everything on the menu and the evening specials. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a perfect birthday here!NewZagats2VIPDined on 9/12/2014It is so perfect! Romantic and usually impeccable! Celebrated my birthday with Leonel, and dressed to the nines!… we ate 6 courses! Each, were absolutely fantastic :-) The seafood flatbread, the figs and burrata, the pear poached salad, oysters, the scallops, and the peach pie dessert! SO PERFECT!!! Thank You, Paramour!! Even the bread and the bottled water are extra great! We requested a booth. I prefer the middle booth, but we keep getting the one on the end, for more privacy and less privacy. There was a camera above, so we were given royal treatment for service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousBeberDined on 9/12/2014The food was just outstanding and the service perfect, the decor classical classy. A gem in the area, a place we go back with so much pleasureSpecial Features:
- Great New Chef at ParamourPRCluvfdVIPDined on 9/12/2014We were thrilled with the changes at this favorite spot of ours that was in need of some changes. No disappointments any longer with the much needed change in the kitchen, which was quite apparent under the direction of a new chef with the innovative and delicious, spot on preparations in all three categories of appetizers, entrees and desserts. Many great bites with the Tuna Tartare and Dover Sole taking center stage for their exquisite preparations. The service was impeccable and the atmosphere was perfect. Don't miss this Main Line gem that is too good not to go to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchJudieDined on 9/8/2014Lunch on the porch of Paramour was just delightful. Seafood salad is my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Good food. Very fresh. Very creative as well. The restaurant Makes customer needs a priority. Excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AmbianceLarryTDined on 8/31/2014We dined on a Sunday with another couple. Two of us got the Sunday 3- course special. The other two opted for the scallops. Salads were very good, though a few leaves were a bit wilted. The main course was presented artistically and the food was excellent. Meal sizes were moderate so you could enjoy the appetizer and dessert and still be able to walk. The dessert was very ample and easily shareable. Paramour was busy but not fully booked. The noise level was perfect for carrying on a conversation without shouting. Decor was classicly modern in an old hotel - lots of charm. Service was friendly and efficient - nothing lacking. Overall, a great dinner in a relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Worth Another Visit!realtor4lifeDined on 8/31/2014Came here for Sunday Brunch meeting family from across town. A pure delight! Décor was lovely, apparently the Wayne Hotel was redecorated in the past couple of years! Bright, open and clean and elegant, all at the same time! Nice open appetizer bar to accompany your brunch meal choice along with a bloody Mary bar, should you wish. Food presentation was beautiful and taste just the same! I would go back again and would love to try this spot for dinner!Special Features:
- casually elegantyumyumDined on 8/28/2014the beautiful evening certainly added to the overall dining experience. The service was attentive but allowed us to linger. The food was very good It is traditional american nicely done with good portions. A bit overpriced but you are probably paying for the "name".Special Features:
- Fine B-day DiningNewZagats2VIPDined on 8/27/2014Went here w/ Jerry for a dual birthday. Very happy w/ the peach salad, corn soup, + halibut, complimentary homemade cookies for b-days, I loved the rhubarb sorbet, that has ginger :-) But, I asked for a black napkin, and forgot to bring it, so I ruined my very fancy dress!! :-( No matter how many times I tried to clean it with seltzer water, to get out the oil marks, it did not work! :-( If only he had brought out my napkin! It was the first time I had ever worn this dress and now it was ruined! I could not help but feel that he was not as attentive as all the other servers we have always had, who were outstanding! The food was excellent but they lost my vote of complete perfection. Expensive,mistake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Place!VickieGDined on 8/24/2014Went to Paramour for dinner on a Sunday night and it was a nice experience. It was very busy on the patio, but I sat inside and had a very quiet dinner. Great neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Service not great on this visitBrianVIPDined on 8/24/2014Wife and I had brunch there on Sunday because the brunch was decent when we dined there the day after we got married. Waitress never checked on us after taking our order. The next time we saw her was after the food came although she visited nearby tables several times. She didn't even glance our way when I tried to get her attention. After gave me cold ketchup after I requested ketchup for my eggs.Special Features:
- PHENOMENAL!!! :-)NewZagats2VIPDined on 8/22/2014Best Restaurant for a FOODIE!!! :-) Romantic, perfect, and PHENOMENAL! It's the kind of place you can go to propose! The FOOD is PERFECT! Peach salad and the fruita del mar flatbread and the scallop entree, and this is the current summer menu! It keeps changing! Always to DIE FOR, though!! LOVE It! And all of the servers and the presentations are PERFECTION! O:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetBarryVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food was outstanding. Truly gourmet - especially the halibut. Waiter was very nice as well. Took a long time to get our main dish, but we were okay with that.Special Features:
- great food and atmosphereDamianDined on 8/21/2014We had a great meal once again, love sitting on the porch. The food and the flavors are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableMarianDined on 8/16/2014We had a wonderful experience at Paramour. Food was delicious (especially the mussels frites) and the service was great. We will return. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem in the Wayne HotelOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Although on the more expensive side, we believe the quality of food and service makes this a great value for special occasions.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceTwoFoodiesVIPDined on 8/9/2014We had an early Saturday dinner reservation. We were the only diners in our section for most of the meal. The service, as always, was very good, and the food was excellent. Paramour is one of our favorite restaurants, and have recommended it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Place - Lousy FoodJudeDined on 8/7/2014Outdoor dining and service was great! Drinks perfectly prepared. Was very excited about the possibility of a great new place to dine. Then the food came. The oysters were six TINY "Jersey" oysters. Tasty but barely there. The dinners - inedible. Neither of us ate more than a few bites of our dinners. The Spaghetti Chittara was a clump of stuck together pasta floating in a pool of oil. Disgusting to look at and to eat. You could actually pick the whole clump of pasta up with your fork! So for 2 drinks each, splitting the oysters, my pasta/no salad first -- my friend had two appetizer's as her dinner. No dessert, just a cup of coffee ... The bill was $140.00 not including the tip!! Outrageous! Terrible dinner. Might go back just for drinks.