180 Hawley Lane
Trumbull, CT 06611Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://parallelpostrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 203-380-6380
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dean James Max
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room can accommodate up to 60 people. Special menus can be customized. Setup fee for use.
- Private Party Contact: Ted Stonbely 2036679619
A word from Parallel Post
Parallel Post is a Farm to Table restaurant. Our Modernism is reflected in many different aspects as our focus on all fresh products made in house with no fillers or preservatives. We buy all natural meats and poultry, sustainable seafood, and as much locally fresh produce as possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Parallel Post reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- local gemalwayssearchingDined on 9/30/2014Enjoyed the scallop entre. The clams app. Is delish......my friend had the chicken which was good thou a bit overcooked. Seating is not very comfy but the food is good enough to bring me back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhLoveMyVeggiesVIPDined on 9/27/2014Other reviewers noted that this restaurant rose above the standard hotel restaurant. We saw no evidence of that.
- Hidden GemJeffgVIPDined on 9/11/2014By far, one of the best hotel restaurants anywhere!Special Features:
- Once again, excellentGingerMa08Dined on 9/7/2014This is my favorite restaurant. It is a dining gem masked as a hotel restaurant. The food is amazing. We've never had a bad meal. Serve can be slow, but the wait staff is friendly, knowledgable, and attentive. My only frustration is that the physical size of the tables is very large. It is hard to carry on a conversation when the bar is busy or feel like you are having an intimate dining experience because the table is huge. That said, the seating is so cozy that it makes you want to linger forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's in a MarriottmpolizziVIPDined on 9/6/2014It would be nice if restaurants featured listed if a location is in a hotel. This wasn't bad but hotel bar/restaurants wold not be my first choice.
- Wonderful Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014I greatly appreciate the level of service and the scrumptious food! This restaurant is my favorite and I dine here all the time! I always look forward to dining here! The servers are accommodating and the food is absolutely delicious! Will be making reservations to come back very soon!Special Features:
- A great findfoodieforlifeDined on 9/1/2014The food was amazing and the service impeccable. Thought it was incredible that this restaurant has been around for almost two years and I haven't heard of it til now will definitely be back and will be recommending this place to all my fellow foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014The service was a bit slow at first, but once our server found us, she was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and wine/beer/cocktail list. The food was amazing. The ambience wasn't what I was expecting for a farm-to-table kind of restaurant; it seemed to be an extension of the Marriot lobby, and the dining guests were likely hotel guests. The bar area wasn't full at all; which was surprising because the drinks were really good. Would love it if the owner opened another location that was not attached to a hotel, or if they marketed to a 30/40 somethings crowd to get more trendy traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd Location Great FoodBluedev61VIPDined on 8/9/2014Head scratcher on why a restaurant of this high caliber would pick the Trumbull Marriott to locate. Nevertheless it's great in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightfully DeliciousKamiDined on 7/7/2014Parallel Post is a great little gem of a place. It would be easy to miss since it's tucked away inside the Marriott, but it's worth the stop. Delicious farm-to-table, seasonal food and a wonderful atmosphere. Try the duck taco appetizer. It's beyond belief.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok.JoBoDined on 6/30/2014Service was very nice, friendly. Food was good also however for the price I paid I would like to see more on my plate.
- Quiet place for a business lunchluv2dineoutDined on 6/29/2014The Parallel Post is located at the intersection of Route 8 and the Merritt Parkway, a great location to meet folks from southern Fairfield County for lunch. The restaurant, which is in the Marriott Hotel, is always quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 85 reviews are from the Parallel Post reviews archive.
- Excellent menu and executionlocalgirlsDined on 6/20/2014We were a party of six--not hotel guests but locals. We ordered appetizers and entrees. All was delicious and fresh. I would have rated this an excellent experience overall, but halfway through our dinner a group of at least 2 dozen women sat at the bar--right near us even though there were many other bar tables and stools available--and basically shouted to each other for the remainder of our dinner. Luckily, we are well-adjusted people who like each other or we would have complained and probably left feeling upset. We left thinking that the staff needed more professionalism in the hospitality field: They should do their best to ensure a positive experience, especially when there is plenty of room to spread everyone out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice food...BAD serviceLTxrxDined on 6/20/2014We had the double burgers [liked]; vegetable wrap w salad [liked], green salad w chicken [liked], caesar salad [liked], and fries. Long wait till food was brought to table [THE PLACE WAS ONLY 25% OCCUPIED]. The salad came without the chicken [had to return for it], asked for balsamic vinegar [got vinaigrette]. Liked the panacotta, what was supposed to be strawberry short cake became a tart-like affair w goat cheese. Upon complaining was offered a replacement, and then told it had changed on the menu, BUT not on the lunch one that we ordered from. We were waited on by 3 people, maybe that was part of the problem. But it doesn't matter, the place has to get it's act together. Don't go if in a hurry, or if you are looking for good service!
- Fabulous!EmmaDined on 6/14/2014Every single dish we ordered was amazing! I would of licked my plate if I could! Lol Beautiful, clean, fresh food! Healthy AND delicious! Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasterEasterDined on 6/14/2014They were very helpful with my dietary needs. Our waiter helped us.the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than Most HotelsGrapesDined on 4/15/2014Good step up from regular hotel fare but for those not travelling on the corporate dime, it is a bit expensive considering that a starter salad does not come with the entree portion, which is a bit small. I realize that most hotel travelers don't want to have leftovers, but I think a small salad to start should be available at no extra charge given the size of the entree portions. The combinations of the entrees are pretty innovative. Although the halibut was a tad overcooked, the accompanying beet gnocchi were melting pillows in my mouth and I really liked the "parmesan bubbles" which were a flavor explosion. My dining partner enjoyed the baked chicken in goat cheese polenta with currants as well.
- CynthiaVIPDined on 4/13/2014Did not realize was a hotel restaurant. The did have very good brunch.Special Features:
- Great restaurantGreg71VIPDined on 4/9/2014This gen is hidden in the Trumbull Marriott but don't let that discourage you. This is far from the typical hotel restaurant. Great local farm to table dining and awesome service. They also have an incredible mixologist (because calling him a "bartender" just doesn't cut itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Hidden TreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I cannot believe I did not find this restaurant before! I had no idea Trumbull had a farm to table restaurant like this, nor did I know how many award winning dishes are on their menu. Everything was cooked to perfection, the food tasted more than fresh and the service was fantastic. I would highly recommend for anyone who wants to take their taste buds on a journey through what the local growers of CT have to offer.Special Features:
- Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2014Dinner with friends who hadn't seen each other in a while. We sampled different things off the menu and everything was delicious! Nice and quiet enough to have a conversation. Would definitely go back and I've already recommended to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for drinks - not foodemerald12Dined on 3/28/2014I've been to Parallel Post about five times now. The drinks and service are always great, but the past two times I went, the food quality has gone down. My family and friends have all come out with stomach aches those times and it was from different food. I'm not exactly sure what's going on, but everyone felt 100% going in. We thought maybe the first time was a fluke, but it happened again. Sadly, we will not be returning for dinner again. Plus, the food is way too overpriced for what you get. $27 for a salad is insane. I might pay that in the city, but not in Trumbull. I would go back if I was just going to have a drink with a friend, but that's it.Special Features:
- Avoid at all cost!Foody77VIPDined on 3/28/2014Our lunch experience was absolutely atrocious at this hotel restaurant. Our hostess sat us at a walkway area table, even though the entire place was empty. Of course we insisted on moving, but table #2 was accompanied by chairs that were immensely uncomfortable. My wife ordered a pear and gorgonzola salad with hazelnuts and grilled chicken. What arrived was a field green salad, with burned hazelnuts and drenched in oil (no acid to balance it out whatsoever). The cheese was missing and the pear was replaced with extremely tart green apple slices. I came away with a different and equally disappointing salad. Another rule of thumb, if they can't figure out how to make a simple salad you probably want to head for the exit.
- not worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014It was quiet because there were few people there on a Saturday night. The food was only edible. We ordered Grand Marnier for after dinner and got congac. The quality and quantity of the food was not worth the price by a long-shot!
- We had wonderful food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2014We had wonderful food and very good service at our recent visit to Parallel Post; however, the bustling bar and loud music made it almost impossible to have a conversation. I guess that Energetic is the descriptor being used.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- although had an open tablePhilBGirthVIPDined on 2/11/2014although had an open table reservation were told we had to wait because seating wasn't available??..Special Features:
- While farm to table is a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/6/2014While farm to table is a wonderful trend, this restaurant is not the strongest player in this fad.
- The food was excellent andPickyEaterDined on 2/1/2014The food was excellent and the service exceptional. A little pricey, but many moderately priced selections on the menu as well, including a grass fed beef burger and organic chicken. Delicious desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for an evening out!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014A great find in the Trumbull area. Food is fresh and drinks are cold. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Great place to meet for drinks and appetizers as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastelessNicknameVIPDined on 1/13/2014Main course was tasteless. The small plate of brussel sprouts were fantastic however, which is the only thing that kept the review from being lower. The server was quite pleasant, so kudos to him. No ambiance to speak of, as this restaurant is in the lobby of a Marriott. Will not be going back.
- New Years menuDCav8000Dined on 12/31/2013The New Year menu with the wine pairings was excellent! Food, 5 course meal paired with a wine... ranged from the tasty scallop soup to the tender Rabbit rib...food was top notch! The service was superior as well...will be returning to try out the everyday menu...CheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!proftravelerVIPDined on 12/24/2013I am usually not one to eat in hotel restaurants but our stay was over Christmas so we decided to give it a try. The food was great! Portions are large. We ended up eating there 2 times for dinner and every morning for breakfast during our stay. Very consistant on the quality of the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farm fresh food, excellent service!FoodMaivenDined on 12/12/2013Imaginative menu, fresh ingredients, served by a dedicated, caring staff! The food was plated beautiful and the price was reasonable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Very NoisyPaulVIPDined on 12/6/2013The Restaurant is very open - tables near a busy hallway and the bar area. It was Christmas season, so there were Holiday parties going on in the banquet rooms across front the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best addition to TrumbullFavlocaldineDined on 11/22/2013It has been a year that Parallel Post has been here in Trumbull and it really is a great place to go. I have never been disappointed with the menu .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Farm-to-TableKatersDined on 11/18/2013I surprised my sweetheart with birthday dinner here and we were very pleased. Every bite and sip of everything we ordered was excellent. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating (I take a long time to make a decision and always wind up asking for descriptions and recommendations - our server was very patient with me!). I will be needing to go back and try some other dishes. My tip for restaurant-goers would be to definitely order something with yummy veggies - they all tasted very fresh and, despite my usual preference for red meat (which was also very good here!), were probably the highlight of my meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Experience This TimeGardenweaselVIPDined on 11/16/2013Been here several times & vowed to return for the bar only as in my experience, PP can be loud. Kudos to the hostess who found us an excellent quiet table. The charcuterie app was very generous & could easily be shared by 4. Hubby's seasonal salad was delicious as were short ribs & braised lamb. The lamb was unexpected-it was shredded over sun choke gratin, like a reverse shepherd's pie but my husband did enjoy it. The chocolate pan a cotta dessert is reason enough to come here & TO DIE FOR! Most importantly, the service was outstanding. It appears they work in teams; we were attended by no less than 3 servers + the manager who ensured we had everything we needed at all times! & with pleasant and happy attitudes! Will be back for dinner!Special Features:
- Loved our lunch for son'sRichVIPDined on 11/9/2013Loved our lunch for son's 21st birthday. Note that if you want to order something for lunch (like the BLT clams) that is not on the lunch menu, ask and they may be able to accommodate you. We did and absolutely loved the clams. Grilled cheese was tasty (lots of table sharing went on). Scallop salad entree was very nice; perfectly seared. Excellent mixed drinks and beer flights. Outstanding!Special Features:
- We chose Parallel Post basedNYCBCVIPDined on 11/2/2013We chose Parallel Post based on its great web site- which made the restaurant look like a quaint little farm-to-table spot...which is exactly what it is not. The atmosphere to me was more "Ruby Tuesdays"; my husband commented that the last thing he would expect was three large flat screen TVs with sports on while we dined. Kids were yelling across the room, diners wore mostly sweats and sneakers. Service was slow, then suddenly our entrée was brought out while we were still in the middle of eating our appetizer. Super awkward- not sure if we were meant to stop mid-bite, or leave the entrée next to us to get cold while we finished. And the odd part about this restaurant is that the food is good, or potentially even very good! Bizarre...Special Features:
- Delish!Cbl20Dined on 10/26/2013This was our second time at Parralel Post and we were not disappointed. The food is excellent, as is the ambiance and service. The tables are placed far apart so it's easy to converse with your dinner companions. This is the best thing to happen in Trumbull in years. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features: