600 Stockton at California Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parallel37sf.com/
- Phone: 4157736168x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday to Sunday from 6:30am to 11:30am
Dinner: Sunday to Thursday from 5:30pm to 9:30pm.
Fridays and Saturdays from 5:30pm to 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Michael Rotondo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Parallel 37 is available for buy outs of up to 100 people. Please contact Liz Pasha at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in buying out our restaurant for your special event!
A word from Parallel 37
Parallel 37 offers globally-inspired cuisine that is artistically creative, disciplined and intriguing, perfectly paired with wine, beer or handcrafted cocktails. Sourced locally, Parallel 37’s hyper-seasonal produce is farmer-grown, while meat, poultry and seafood utilize sustainable practices. Whether creating your own global journey by selecting from our three-course menu of ever-changing seasonal dishes, or embarking upon Chef Rotondo’s five- or eight-course, market-inspired tasting menus, guests will enjoy an approachable and collaborative dining experience resulting in a unique journey for each table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Parallel 37 - Best Restaurants in Nob Hill ›
Parallel 37 reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (43)special occasion (33)romantic (24)notable wine list (13)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Our yummy little secret!SFfoodieVIPDined on 8/24/2014This restaurant is our yummy little secret. We seem to have no problem getting a table; the restaurant is quiet enough to hold wonderful conversations in, the food is spectacular and the staff is wonderful. It's like SPQR without the hassle! What's not to like?Special Features:
- Best meal in SF!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014My husband and I had a fantastic meal! We each had the three course prix fixe meal paired with wine. We were wowed with each course and the wines were paired beautifully! We had asked for a slow paced meal and this request was honored wonderfully! Each course was plated beautifully and the taste was exquisite! We ate at many highly rated restaurants in SFand this was by far the best!
- Parallel 37: MemorableMargotDined on 8/9/2014After moving from Sydney Australia, I have to admit our expectations of hotel food were low. Particularly coming from a city with world class food, we were pleasantly surprised with Parallel 37. The innovative presentation and flavours were comparable with Sydney's best 3 hat restaurants, in fact, it was as good as "Sepia" (Australia's Restaurant of the Year 2014). The sommelier demonstrated expertise in recommending matching wines for our chosen courses and the overall experience was memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerPoodleDined on 8/2/2014Fantastic food wine service in a Beatiful decor !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night in SFEastcoastfoodiesDined on 8/2/2014We had a wonderful time at parallel the staff was friendly and very passionate about there food and wine, and we soon found out why. The wine pairings were great and the food was amazing the chefs asian twist on traditional meals was a work of art from sashimi style amuse bouche to farm fresh quail with parsnip pure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful venue really good food.pamnessVIPDined on 8/1/2014We visited Parallel 37 without knowing much about it. I didn't even realize it was in the Ritz Carlton. Visually the restaurant was lovely, a mix of flowers, wood and a hint of luxury. The food was really good, not amazing (with the exception of the duck), but really really good. We picked the three course option and enjoyed it very much. The service was a little slow, but the atmosphere was so nice it didn't matter too much. It is expensive, but I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Fabulous FlavorsDeliciousandNutritiousVIPDined on 7/29/2014Each dish uses such a creative combination of ingredients. There are lots of ingredients, but each one tastes so fresh, delicious and distinctive, and yet together they are just wonderful. We had the three course meal the first time we came, and this time we had the five course meal. The transition from one dish to the next was just right. It was a very leisurely evening with good friends but before we knew it, we were having dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute CuisineIanMDined on 7/23/2014Very creative food and presentation, and very expensive. Portions are small, so don't go here for a hearty meal. Quality of meat (lamb and beef in our party's case) was, we all agreed, exceptional. I would have liked just one plain thing to offset the richness of the meal, perhaps a real, ordinary bread roll! Wine list is expensive too, take the wine pairings with the meal instead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only a great chef can prepare theseDeliciousandNutritiousVIPDined on 7/18/2014I wasn't expecting to like Parallel 37 as I don't like the current trend toward so casual, focus on drinks but the dishes we had were just spectacular. The chef chooses some very unusual combinations but the results are amazing. I didn't want to leave a single bit on my plate! The bouillabaisse arrived "dry" - just the pieces of seafood, then the server poured the broth into the bowl, and each spoonful was so delicious. All the combinations worked so well, no one ingredient overpowering the others, but each contributing to the wonderfully complex flavor of the dish. We had the three course dinner, to which the chef added dessert. We're going back next week to try the 5 course dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I went here for a meal for our wedding anniversary. The staff were excellent, and it seemed that everyone of them had been briefed it was our anniversary and they took excellent care of us. We had the 5-course tasting menu with wine pairings. The food was outstanding and the wine choices were an excellent compliment to the dishes. Everything was fresh, seasonal and very contemporary. I was a little concerned about going to a hotel restaurant, but it still had a very upmarket vibe. Occasional hotel guest with some spoilt / noisy kids did not take away from a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, can be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/20145 stars hotel but not 5 stars restaurant. Food is fine, environment is fine, but no view, view taken by the bar on the other side, seem like just a breakfast place at the back of the hotel. May be I have high expectation.Special Features:
- Great Anniversary dinner!mjp19VIPDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I had a great anniversary dinner here. We had the 3 course prix-fixe. Our favorites were the lamb, rib eye, halibut and the octopus, which was topped with a shiso sorbet. The chef is very innovative and the presentation was excellent. Dessert is included (pastry chef selects your dessert for you), so it is really a 4-course prix-fixe, which I thought was a good value at $65 for 4 courses. My dessert was a pistachio mouse with cherries that was delicious. I would highly recommend Parallel 37, especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An elegant and expensive spot.AlanDined on 6/30/2014This is a spot for special occasions. The service was outstandingly polite and helpful! The food however made a number of small missteps that disappointed. Our main complaint was that on two of our dishes, the sauces employed overpowered the main course item reather than compliment it. Overall though, my partner and I had a positive experience at Parallel 37! Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous secret spotvoltairineVIPDined on 6/27/2014Have dined here a few times and it always just gets better. The service is outstanding, the flavors are phenomenal. Do not miss the opportunity to dine here before they get too crowded!Special Features:
- Special occasionTigerFoodieDined on 6/22/2014It was part of our 40th wedding anniversary weekend. Zack our waiter was great and the food and wine pairing was in outstanding. What a very pleasant surprise and we will be back often.Special Features:
- Way overpriced for the qualityGamsNEggsVIPDined on 6/19/2014I expected much more. I liked the ahi appetizer was the best. The quail was so-so, and the lamb was barely cooked, even though I asked for medium (lamb sausage was yucky). The free deserts were terrible. This place is all about presentation, not about flavor. Also, somehow I missed that this is a hotel restaurant, inside the Ritz. For $100/person (only I had wine and there were five of us), the food should have tasted much better. Big on pretension but lacking on what a restaurant really needs to appeal to customers. I won't go here again.
- A pleasant surpriseFastidiousVIPDined on 6/16/2014We ate here because one member of the party was staying in the hotel. We had the prix fix menu for $65. Though only a few choices for each course, it was still hard to choose. The combination of tastes and presentation made each dish an experience to savor. It is a place to return to!Special Features:
- Fantastic Fathers' Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 6/15/2014Our first visit to Parallel 37 and we were very impressed. We had the five course tasting menu. The food had many fresh ideas and everything was beautifully prepared. It was one treat after another. The wine pairings were interesting and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise findBuckyDined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary so we decided to splurge and stay at the Ritz Carlton. The restaurant inside was an amazing surprise. We both has the 3 course meal with the wine pairing. It turned into more like a 5 course meal. Several chef special items were added by the staff. Not sure if it was because they knew it was our anniversary. All dishes were excellent.Special Features:
- Superlative food without attitudeSFfoodieVIPDined on 6/5/2014All the delicious and inventive food of a place like SPQR or Sons&Daughters, without the attitude or pretension! And of all places, at the Ritz! This chef can prepare something you might otherwise hate (for me, it's squid ink pasta) and make you LOVE it! Quiet enough for intimate conversation, a complete rarity in Bay Area fine dining. They have no problem accepting us in casual dress; there's valet parking (or if you prefer, the Sutter-Stockton is a block away). Good wine and good beer. At $65 for a three course dinner of this quality, it's a steal. The servers are pleasant and relaxed, very knowledgeable about the menu and give good advice. A+ to our new "go-to" SF dining spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!EnchanteVIPDined on 6/3/2014Definitely my new go-to place for lunch! The food was very good for lunch; you have the standards (e.g. club sandwich) which is comforting, but also have delicious unusual items on menu (e.g. cherry gazpacho). And the FRIES....ooooh the Fries!!!! Going back just for the fries! The price is reasonable considering it is in the Ritz-Carlton, and the service was FANTASTIC! Very rare to find service that is very high but not snooty. Looking forward to try their dinner next.....Special Features:
- amuse bouches > menuOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014The free amuse bouches were better than the menu items
- Excellent in every way.ccharrisonVIPDined on 5/18/2014From the cocktails to the dessert, our meal was excellent. The service could not have been better. The hostess who seated us was friendly and our servers were all very attentive. The food was perfection. We had been in the restaurant last year and macaroons had been on the menu. When we mentioned how wonderful they were, even though they were not on the menu at this time, someone got busy and whipped up 4 different flavors that were ready by the end of our meal. I can't wait to go back the next time we are in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not even a tableclothOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Mediocre food and service for exorbitant price. Perhaps was left to run on autopilot on Mother's Day
- Mother's day brunch too expensivemerryeaterDined on 5/11/2014The brunch was very good but priced unreasonably. No view in the dining room. It should have been held in the grand room for the price.Special Features:
- Great service and great food.SophieAndyDined on 5/11/2014It's too bad they don't have the buffet brunch, but their four course menu selection for mother's day brunch was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKChuckDined on 5/9/2014Went to Parallel 37 for a business lunch with one other person. Very few customers so it was quiet and good for conversation. Nice atmosphere. I could only describe the food as pedestrian. The choices were about what you'd find at a much more ordinary, much cheaper restaurant. My guest had a chicken wrap and I had a club sandwich, both of which were ok, but you can get those items and that quality almost anywhere.
- DELICIOUS !!!!WolfgangTravelsVIPDined on 5/4/2014Very friendly hostess (Molly), very friendly waiter and staff. DELICIOUS food !!!!! Absolutely will go back next time I am in town.Special Features:
- The following 344 reviews are from the Parallel 37 reviews archive.
- Every morsel was fabulous!KathyVIPDined on 5/2/2014This restaurant was near where we were staying in Nob Hill. It's actually inside the Ritz Carlton. The waiter ws very accommodating and he allowed us to split a 3-course prix fixe with the warning that the portions were small. Each course that we ordered, plus two or three additional items that he brought us, was beautifully presented and every morsel was delicious! Highly recommend.Special Features:
- YesanonDined on 5/1/2014super good food, creativity and service. a definite return to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food and Service!RadicchioMeDined on 4/26/2014Parallel 37 was outstanding. We chose the 5-course menu with the paired wine, and we LOVED every bite and sip. Our waiter's knowledge of the ingredients and preparation added to our enjoyment of each intricately prepared and presented plate. We have been to The French Laundry, and Parallel 37 is truly on that level of quality, but without the pretentiousness. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Fancier than we realizedJasonCVIPDined on 4/22/2014We were looking for something not too fancy/expensive, and we saw a sample dinner menu on their website that had reasonable prices. We didn't realize it was inside the Ritz. When we got there, the only menu was a 3-course prix fixe. When we told the waiter that we weren't expecting a prix fixe, he was very accommodating and told us we could order whatever courses we wanted. We ordered 3 courses total between the two of us, and the restaurant graciously charged us for only one 3-course meal. They still brought out lots of little complimentary things to taste as well. The food was very good and we had a nice time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in SFSurfpilotDined on 4/21/2014Just perfect. Service, menus, presentation, food, wine and price. Even got a complementary dessert.Special Features:
- Foodie havenSteveDined on 4/9/2014The food was awesome. Unique, innovative. Met the chef and tahnked him for his great work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be frequenting in the future..JackDined on 4/5/2014Carrot Tortellini, lamb and sauces were phenomenal. Lived two blocks away for months, but never thought to eat at the Ritz. Elegant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fascinating food, welcoming staffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/5/2014. The food was the most fun we had eating while in San Fran! Everything was incredibly fresh and was put together in the most interesting ways...we had such fun exploring each component of each dish individually and then combining everything to get that complex bite, perfect with comfortable and unusual flavors at the same time. Each portion was ample to enjoyment but not so much that it was too filling before the next course. The staff was so nice and down to earth, and so knowledgeable about the dishes, it was truly a pleasure to dine at Parallel 37 and we will surely return next time we visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidRSM1Dined on 4/4/2014Great wine. Very good food. Good service. Amazing location in SF. Loud dining Room. Solid overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely divine!1foodmaniacVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food is outstanding! I've eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner here and have never been disappointed. Chef Rotundo is a master in the kitchen! Several weeks ago we had dinner there and was blown away? This time we tried the tasting menu and it was so good we did not want it to end. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Memorable MealCooknFreshFoodLoverDined on 3/8/2014We dined here to celebrate my husband's 50th. Splurged on the Chef's selection 5-course meal with drink pairing. The chef was not discouraged by my request for no poultry or pork. Brought out amazing food and drink pairings that we've raved about to friends and family for days since. Fresh fish, delicate flavors, well-balanced and delicious. The server was pleasant and helpful. The atmosphere is modern, but still comfortable and inviting. We will save our pennies and come back again for my 50th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A slice of heaven at Parallel 37TastyTidbitsDined on 3/1/2014Not quite but my time on earth during the three-hour, eight-course tasting menu certainly was tasty! I enjoyed the two amuse bouche dishes, the fish course, and granita- grapefruit with ginger. It was refreshing and inspired. Cocktail selection was interesting and not overwhelming. We did not indulge in wine. I was quite full by the time the four-hoof course began, but we persevered. Dessert comprised two fun dishes both quite tasty. My friend was presented with a selection of brightly colored macaroons complete with a birthday candle. Presentation was clean and pretty. Service was thoughtful and friendly. The $10 parking fee is a good incentive. I had a definite food hangover the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.