Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
2179 W. Eleventh St.
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parallaxtremont.com/
- Phone: (216) 583-9999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Zachary Bruell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: David Schneider 2165839999
A word from Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
While Parallax will accommodate as many walk-in guests as possible, reservations for dinner are highly recommended, especially on weekends. We look forward to giving you a wonderful dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (76)romantic (50)hot spot (38)notable wine list (31)vibrant bar scene (24)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (14)late-night find (11)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- RcollinVIPDined on 11/22/2014"I love the relaxed feel of this place – like a comfortable dining room in a friends home. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato-leek soup was amazing and the Bibb lettuce salad was refreshing. The table was split on the monkfish – one person thought it was great, but another felt that the tastes didn't quite mesh. Everyone loved the flat iron steak. Service was well-timedSpecial Features:
- Parallax Expensive sushi not a big portionSandyDined on 11/19/2014surf and turf sushi at 29.00 for an 8 piece roll should be totally amazing. it was not. we had a salad, soup and each one roll and shared a dessert. had 6 drinks between us and the total was 160.00 I find that shockingly expensive.
- Good as usualbootleggerDined on 11/18/20144 in our Party. Half price wine really nice when the wine list is already good and prices are more than fair. I had potatoe pancakes. Out of sight good. Lots of pancakes and a huge mound of smoked salmon. Tempura vegetables really good and again a meal by themselves. Potstickers very good. Wedge salad shouldn't be missed. Bread is great. Seafood stew was good. Lots of perch on the entree and very tasty. Always very special to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaDined on 11/15/2014The service and the food was excellent. Our server was so friendly and professional. I loved the atmosphere where you could have a private conversation or you could engage in conversation with those around you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food needs more time to enjoyRueMDined on 11/15/2014Dinner at Parallax on a Saturday night in early November is a seesaw experience. We were seated in the area that is normally a covered patio and, despite, windows, heavy curtains, and overhead heaters the space was quite chilly on a cold night. Staff was very accommodating abut turning up the heaters but that wasn't an ideal solution - some nearby neighbors quickly became too warm. So bring a light sweater and be prepared to put i t on and take it off several times in the course of the evening. I had the 3 course prix fix which consisted of a lovely butternut squash soup, pork cheeks with fingerlings and mustards greens, and an apple ginger crumble for dessert. Each course came with a wine selection. Everything was absolutely delicious and the wine pairings, while not ambitious, were safe choices that worked fairly well. Husband had a green salad and the mahi mahi over a creamed corn with pepper sauce - all quite good, especially the fish and the sauce on the corn. Our biggest problem with the dinner service was the speed with which it came - we really needed more time between courses. I understand the need to turn tables over on a busy Saturday night and that most Americans don't like to linger, but the kitchen was putting out the dishes so quickly that we were hardly done with one before the next one showed up. Case in point, we each had a cocktail before dinner. Before I was even halfway through with my cocktail, the waiter presented me with my soup and first glass of wine. OK, put the (enjoyable) cocktail aside in favor of soup and wine. But no sooner is my soup cleared away, and I'm still drinking the wine, than here comes main course and a different glass of wine! Foodie alert - if you like to linger over your food, ask the wait staff to have the kitchen put you in a slower service mode! The food is worth it so I don't understand the hustle to get dinners out so fast. Unless they're just trying to turn over the tables faster, in which case for shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't help but love the sushi.FoodfriendsandfunDined on 11/10/2014I've enjoy dinner here many times and the sushi is so amazing, I want to return the following day for dinner again. Reservations were made prior and the restaurant was fairly empty upon arrival, but the service was moving rather slowly. I know this was just an off night for the restaurant because I have never encountered this before. Have a glass of water, wine, or a beer and enjoy the time you have with your company while you wait. We will return because we all have days were we just don't move as fast as the world demands and that's ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulousAmazziDined on 11/8/2014The food and service were amazing as always. It was great and we were lucky, Zach Bruell was expediting that night.Special Features:
- Another wonderful mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014I just love Parallax. Our meal was fantastic. The service was great. I became vegan in the last year and this is one place where I can have a wonderful meal and everyone else who isn't will also have a delicious meal. It was a Saturday night and everything was particularly good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around amazing!Love2DineDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I went to Parallax for Restaurant Week and indulged in their 3-course meal. It was amazing! As a vegetarian, it's hard to find a gourmet meal without meat. Parallax served up a sumptuous feast including a fantastic apple and blue cheese salad, roasted miso eggplant filets (delicious!) and chocolate torte for dessert. It was truly spectacular! Plus, my husband loved his rainbow trout and pumpkin creme brûlée. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Treat in TremontRebK1VIPDined on 11/8/2014We had the pleasure of dining at Parallax this past Saturday. We had 7:00 PM reservations, so the evening was already in full swing. Parallax has a very small dining room which was full; we were therefore seated in their annex, which is essentially a heated tent. It was somewhat drafty and uncomforatble, but the service and food were so good, all was forgiven. The calamari was perfectly prepared, still had that "pop" and very well seasoned. The oysters on the half shell were selected from a rather extensive oyster menu. The sush and sashimi were delicious, the seared diver scallops fabulous with the califlower and brussel sprouts and califlower puree. The swordfish belly also very very good. I will go back but will request a table in the main dining room!Special Features:
- Parallax Nov 2014MiamiQVIPDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food but table placement a bit difficult- close to party on each side and note bough room for servers to efficiently work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- parallax on Restaurant WeekJennyDined on 11/8/2014the app - salmon sushi was wonderful; ordered the rainbow trout and it was so salty. should have sent it back but we were on a timeline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Beet ParallaxFantasticFoodDined on 11/7/2014Each Fall we return to Parallax for their beet infused vodka martini. Don't get me wrong, we also get there often throughout the year and just a few months ago discovered the sashimi grade white tuna...which absolutely melts in your mouth...and is now also a must have. Ordered the trout this past Friday, and as everything else that comes out of the kitchen. It was fantastic! Hope to go to Parallax again next weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ropcom2200Dined on 11/4/2014Every thing was great! The food, service and ambiance. The only thing that I would suggest would be to add a little more lighting or an extra candle to the table. It was hard to read the menu it was so dark.Special Features:
- Superb food as always. Excellent service.repeatcustomerDined on 11/1/2014Superb food as always. Excellent service also. Diners are permitted to bring their own wine, which adds to the wonderful food so nicely.Special Features:
- Disappointmentluv2eatDined on 11/1/2014Second time ate at the restaurant and ordered carry out many times. The food wasn't good at all, the menu is all over the place and confusing.
- It was OKJCT75Dined on 10/25/2014Came here for the first time and overall had a good experience (service was good, as was our waiter). I'm not a huge sushi fan so I ordered the chicken, which came with a ridiculous amount of fries, which in my mind was a weird pairing with the chicken. There was enough for 4 people, I tried a few, wasn't impressed. Ordered the Chocolate Walnut Tort for dessert, wasn't worth it, was dry. I didn't like how the seating was either. We were a party of two, and there is a long row of tables, and you sit about a foot or two away from the table next to you. Did I have a good time? Yes. Would I go back? Probably not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremont gemdannyluchDined on 10/20/2014Had a birthday dinner here recently and could not have been more pleased. It was a weekday so probably more quiet from an atmosphere perspective than a weekend but compared to other Tremont restaturants I have been too, it was more appropriate for private conversations. The food was excellent, our waiter was outstanding, the wine list was more than adequate, and the presentation of everything was beyond compare. I will be back to Parallax for special occasions and will highly recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:
- Terrific evening outDonaldDined on 10/18/2014My wife and went for dinner at 6:00 on saturday and the restaurant was busy but not packed. By 8:30 when we left, the entire place was filled and hopping, but no-one pushed us out or hurried us along. Service was great, food selections were all prepared to perfection. We both ordered from the evening specials and were not disappointed. Topped off the meal with a berry tart for dessert that was heavenly. Ginger flavor is all over the menu so make sure you know what you are ordering in case you're not a fan of it. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- parallax...whats4dinnerDined on 10/17/2014Sushi was great. ..other dishes were too salty and just a bit too.many flavors in one entrée. We waited about 15 minutes with a reservation. It's been about 5 years since I was there last...Won't rush to go back. Was overall a good.experience because of the company but our entrees were too salty.to.be enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Cleveland FavoritesGigiDined on 10/17/2014I recently planned a celebration dinner for a friend of mine, who had been working very hard and finally finished her nursing clinicals. We spent the first half hour there with cocktails and catching up. Our waiter was very attentive and must have checked with us at least 4 or 5 times to see if we were ready to order or would like another cocktail. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and attentive. I love the sushi, but I alway judge a restaurant not only by its food, but its service as well. Parralax is a true gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently the BestClayBuckVIPDined on 10/16/2014Parallax is one of our Cleveland favorites. On this visit we ate early (5:30) in order to make it to the orchestra. We were greeted like old friends, had cocktails,an excellent dinner, including desert, and were out the door right on time. We really enjoy the somewhat unique menu with several outstanding "specials" each evening.Special Features:
- amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening here, will definitely be returning ourselves and recommending to friends. Not a single negative aspect to this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationVIPDined on 10/11/2014Zach has it all together in this restaurant. Could be the best food in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crammed and NoisySteveDined on 10/11/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary, made reservations requesting a quiet table for a little romance. When the hosts looked at my request on the computer, they snickered and rolled their eyes - we ended up crammed between two parties. I scoped the restaurant to see if perhaps there were no "quiet" tables available, and counted three open for seating. The food was ok, the atmosphere was a little high-brow for the quality, the wait staff seemed nice enough (save the hosts who couldn't control the sass). Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceLuvtoeatDined on 10/11/2014we had an awesome dining experience with a group of six family members. The service was friendly and efficient, and the food was delicious. We especially loved the sushi. The special for the evening was a cabbage hot and spicy soup that was outstanding. The atmosphere was wonderfully quiet. What a find.Special Features:
- Twobirthdays60birthdaysuccessDined on 10/4/2014I was anticipating a great experience. The service was outstanding, the atmosphere was hopping, unfortunately the food did not meet my expections. We ordered three appetizers, one had a seasoning issue. Two people in our party ordered sushi for their entree and were pleased. I had a gulf shrimp dish that tasted flat. My husband was okay with his entree. I am not a person that over salts my food, but on both my entree and the one appetizer it seemed as though they forgot to salt/season the dish. Very flat. Because the overall experience was outstanding I'm hoping this was a one time occurance. I also realize Parallax is known for their sushi, so maybe I should have just taken the leap and had that. The wine superb.Special Features:
- Good FoodAftershowDined on 10/4/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. We were celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary after an afternoon matinee at Playhouse Square. The food was very good and our service was very attentive and friendly. We are looking forward to our next meal at Parallax!Special Features:
- TremontdinerDined on 9/27/2014Would not go back. Four of us ordered different dinners and none of us thought our food was very good, especially for the price.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014We each got a special dinner, my grouper cheeks were ok, but Jackie's cornmeal crusted perch was awesome.Special Features:
- ParralaxLuv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Very noisy and crowded. I had to sit between two benches where they had the table placed. Very awkward and uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerCathDined on 9/20/2014Had a "first date" dinner on the patio at Parallax. The Hanger Steak and Dante Cabernet were delicious! I will be back (just not with him:-).Special Features:
- Poor ValueTonyboDined on 9/11/2014My entree was very disappointing; it "read" better than it tasted. Very expensive and not worth the effort to determine exactly where the ingredients listed on the menu were hidden within the plate. Parallax dropped the ball on this evening. It was a special occasion birthday dinner which did not live up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Great FoodGurneyDined on 9/5/2014The only thing that kept me from rating service 5 stars is that my friend spilled his beer and I though it would have been nice to have it replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerPestaneVIPDined on 9/5/2014The menu has a great combination of Asian and contemporary cuisine. Very testing. Beautiful presentation. Very veried wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie doctravelmamaDined on 9/5/2014This always is a great place. We have been to Players at least a dozen times and never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland entreeAnonymousDined on 9/5/2014We looked forward to our second meal at Parallax because the first was spectacular, and we have been fortunate to enjoy delicious meals at a number of Zach Bruell restaurants. Mr. Bruell was even in the house this evening! The appetizers of salad and pot stickers were excellent, as was the ginger creme brulee dessert. But while the walleye was perfectly cooked, the corn and pepper sauce side dish was unappealingly sour. Similarly the seafood in the stew was tender and succulent but in an utterly tasteless broth. The service, as always, was impeccable.
- Hope for better next timeBeemerboyVIPDined on 9/3/2014Expected fab seafood. Ordered grouper cheeks. Over cooked and smothered in sauce. Not sure I would give it another try. Nice ambiance and very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014great! meal delicious and our waiter was well informed and responsive- had a wonderful table(#45) and it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Always good!thompke1Dined on 8/29/2014I'm on a restricted diet. Our waitress was so patient with me. She took all the time I needed to review what I couldn't and could eat. She made sure the chef prepared my meal properly. She was fantastic! It was great to see Zack there expediting too!Special Features: