Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
2179 W. Eleventh St.
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parallaxtremont.com/
- Phone: 2165839999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Zachary Bruell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: David Schneider 2165839999
A word from Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
While Parallax will accommodate as many walk-in guests as possible, reservations for dinner are highly recommended, especially on weekends. We look forward to giving you a wonderful dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (59)romantic (53)notable wine list (36)hot spot (35)great for outdoor dining (33)vibrant bar scene (28)good for groups (17)late-night find (15)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014great! meal delicious and our waiter was well informed and responsive- had a wonderful table(#45) and it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Always good!thompke1Dined on 8/29/2014I'm on a restricted diet. Our waitress was so patient with me. She took all the time I needed to review what I couldn't and could eat. She made sure the chef prepared my meal properly. She was fantastic! It was great to see Zack there expediting too!Special Features:
- GREAT SUSHIWineNDineDined on 8/23/2014Just had a first date there and it was a great place and a killer setting to impress someone. Definitely will be going back there again!!!!!Special Features:
- MemoriesDined on 8/23/2014Everything was awesome the crepe was to die for as well as the perch and the wolf fish. Awesome awesome awesomeSpecial Features:
- Over The TopFantasticFoodDined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding. The drinks were unique. Parallax gets better and better all of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMikeDined on 8/21/2014Besides the noise level it was a wonderfule experience. The drinks were generous and reasonably priced and the food was absolutely delicious. The service was also first rate including being flexible about swapping different sides. Overall it was a great experience despite the fact that the Walleye serving was very small.Special Features:
- Bs45Dined on 8/21/2014The food was great. Can't wait to come back. We really enjoyed everything Parallax had to offer.Special Features:
- Delicious and Charmingart4life44Dined on 8/16/2014A great little spot with amazing food. A small, quaint place great for a date night!Special Features:
- Second Time, Same Great ResultMintMillennialDined on 8/16/2014This past Saturday evening was my second time at Parallax, and I've already made reservations before the summer ends to go a third time! It reminds me of a restaurant you might find in the West Village of NYC. Great tasting food, unique menu and an energetic atmosphere. I'm a 25 year-old Cleveland native, who recently moved back to Ohio City from the East Coast. I've been to Parallax with a group of friends, on a date, and plan on taking my parents out for a treat with my third trip.Special Features:
- On the tourJoelVIPDined on 8/14/2014Stop #4 on the Zach Bruell tour, and all have been great. Looking forward to finishing the tour at Chinato next week and being in the running. It was nice to meet Zach, as well. We will be back to all his places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to ParallaxTonyDVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great ambience both inside and outside. Liked the bar as well. The menu is very creative. I had the Lupa de Mar which was cooked in a Red Thai Curry. Outstanding. I also tried the Swordfish belly which was also outstanding. We had a new server but she did a FANTASTIC job and made the experience even better.Special Features:
- Great food, bad experiencefood4thoughtDined on 8/11/2014The server seemed insincere with his enthusiasm. Every time our group asked for something he would say "that would be no problem." However the tone of his voice said otherwise. Two members of our group were visiting from outside the country and the server seemed very irritated when we had to translate or explain things to them. Also, as our guests were from South America they are accustomed to having lemonade with crushed ice. We kindly made the request, which was "no problem." Unfortunately the result was a lemonade mix poured over a half crushed glass of ice. I think spending $100 minimum at a restaurant merits real lemons. In addition tables should be far enough away so that guests are not touching each other or the waiter.
- Dinner on August 9thJoe123Dined on 8/9/2014This was the first time for my girl friend I at Parrallax and what a great first impression. Food was great and ingredients fresh. Our waiter was wonderful and the wine fantastic. We will definitely recommend to others. We now have a more difficult choice to make when going to Tremont, Parrallax or Fat Cats.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/9/2014The decor was pretty drab and basic, but the food was very good. Like any place in Tremont, valet parking is a must.Special Features:
- Another SuccessDadOneDined on 8/2/2014Hosted some good friends from the suburbs for their first time visit. Their straightforward comment: "wow, we had no idea !!! Thanks for introducing us". All in all another good evening, and as usualSpecial Features:
- Met at Parallax with friendsMACAXVIPDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding service, food was well timed and tasted fabulous. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JakensDined on 7/31/2014The food was amazing and the service was impeccable!Special Features:
- ShipskVIPDined on 7/30/2014Consistently a fantastic meal served with attentive service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent experience. Food was spectacular and our waiter was 5star.Special Features:
- Great food & service, crowded.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014First time at Parallax, but it won't be the last. I jumped on OpenTable at 7:45pm (on a Saturday) and booked a table for 8pm. We arrived on time, and they walked us right back. The cocktails were delicious, and the sushi was excellent. The service was spot-on. Some of the best i've received in Tremont, and possibly Cleveland as a whole. My only criticism would be the spacing of the tables along the booth side of the restaurant. If they took just one table out of the row, it would have made for a much more comfortable experience. Great meal otherwise!Special Features:
- Trendy, upscale diningLoverofallthingsQualityDined on 7/26/2014We had a great meal at Parallax and enjoyed the ambiance and service as well. It is close quarters inside the restaurant, with narrow aisles and not a lot of room between the tables, which I would say is the biggest drawback.Special Features:
- A terrific Tremont gem!LakeshorefoodiesDined on 7/24/2014Had a terrific experince at one of Tremonts gems. Went to Parallax with my brother for a belated birthday dinner, this was our first time dining here, we were not disappointed. The staff was very attentive, and knowledgeable about the wine. We asked for a few recommendations for appetizers and entree's and were not disappointed. The food was excellent, were had the grilled pork chops and pork belly as an appetizer. Will make this restaurant a regular Place to visit and recommend to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceLandow5Dined on 7/22/2014I had the warm goat cheese salad, the swordfish belly & the chocolate mousse cake. I'm still dreaming about how good it all was 2 days later. And the excellent service made us feel like we were the most important table in the place -- even though every table was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date night restaurantfromClevelandDined on 7/19/2014My partner and I went to dinner here later one evening and we were happy to find such a busy place so close to home. The menu had plenty of gourmet options and I was happy to see several dishes feature locally sourced ingredients. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to people looking for a place to go on a special occasion but I personally found the prices a bit steep to include this restaurant in regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Asian-Inspired DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Typical of Bruell, nothing on the menu is exactly what you expect it to be, but everything is delicious. We ate on the enclosed patio, which was comfortable, despite it being a cool and rainy evening. The inside tables look a bit cramped. My girlfriend and I shared an appetizer and an entree each (we had them bring everything out at once). The short rib pot stickers are nothing to write home about, but they're good. The potato pancakes with smoke salmon were excellent, with a very generous portion of very good lox. The pork belly noodles were fantastic, as was the panko-fried scallop sushi (the scallop inside remains uncooked, with a crispy-fried outside). The service was good, what I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would highly recommend!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014The food and service at the restaurant was excellent. We had the salmon and tuna and both were excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit overpricedPeeTruckDined on 7/18/2014Great food and very knowledgeable staff. For 2 cocktails, shared sushi plate, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts, the bill was $165ish. It was very good food, but I think it was overpriced due to the name.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceNMACVIPDined on 7/3/2014My wife and I went to Parallax for her birthday. We started with a sushi appetizer which was delicious. The rolls were enormous & we were pretty full after two rolls. For dinner she had the scallops which were perfectly prepared and had great flavor. I had the hanger steak which also was delightful. We enjoyed a bottle of wine over dinner as well, selected from a wine list that isn't huge but fits all your needs. My wife and I decided we need to return soon as the food was awesome My only disappointment was although the restuarant staff acknowledged my wife's birthday, they did nothing to make her special. Rather than ordering a dessert at the end of our meal, my wife ordered a coffee, which came with a candle - but they charged us for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/1/2014Everything was great with a few imperfections. We had a spicy tuna roll and the salad with warm mushrooms for apps. I had the swordfish belly and my wife had the Loup de Mer. The mushroom salad was too vinegary and we thought the sushi roll was a bit small. Both fish dishes were great, the fish prepared perfectly. Service was great.Special Features:
- Why Carpet?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2014All of Zach's restaurants that we have been to have carpet on the floor. WHY? It cheapens the experience, is kind of smelly - especially here at Parallax! I have a hard time looking far beyond that. The food was just fine. Sushi was outrageously priced.Special Features:
- Creative and uniqueNYCvisitVIPDined on 6/18/2014This was our first visit to Parallax. We will add this to our regular Bruell restaurants. We chose from the evening specials which included a tasty appetizer of mussels with a wonderfully balance of spiced Thai sausage and a loose tomato sauce, and entrées of diver scallops and grouper cheeks. The seared scallops were presented with a nice balance of greens. The grouper cheeks were a treat! The ample serving of cheeks were sweet, and tender and served over greens and a mildly spiced arugula puree which complimented the sweetness of the other accompaniments very well. Service was attentive, but a bit disjointed in that we ordered from at least three different servers, none of which seemed aware that we had placed orders with others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/14/2014Sat outside on a beautiful evening to have outstanding sushi and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Asian Fusion Done RightJennycrumb37Dined on 6/13/2014From start to finish, the food was amazing. Fresh crab roll, spicy tuna roll and calamari were tasty appetizers. Entrees of loup de mer and hangar steak were done perfectly. Ginger creme brûlée was an excellent finish. Only complaint was a waiter who lingered too long, talked too much and had a bit of an unsettling stalker grin. Bussers were also a bit rough around the edges. Definitely not to the caliber of service at Zach's L'Albatros!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food a hit, server a big missKGinClevelandDined on 6/13/2014Greeted by a beautifully dressed, professional hostess. Pleased to see patrons, while casual, actually dressed up for the most part. Sat on covered patio very nice. Was taken back by server wearing sunglasses and he had an attitude like he was doing us a favor with his presence. Asked him about the preparation of two items on menu and he basically recited the description already on menu. He delivered a cocktail to my guest that had a large nat (size of a baby fly) on the lime. We saw it from 3 feet away yet he served it - no doubt he didn't see if for the sunglasses or just didn't care. Sauteed Walleye was fabulous though I would have like to known it was skin on. Salad with blue cheese and strawberries had a wonderful light dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyVIPDined on 6/13/2014This was a very nice restaurant. The seared scallops pad thai was great!Special Features:
- Poor Lunch ServiceJohnDogVIPDined on 6/13/2014Our business lunch was less than ideal because of less than attentive service. When asked for recommendations the server was somewhat abrupt. Server knew it was about to rain and we (and another table) had to carry our plates inside to be reseated. Upon being reseated our original server never visited our table. We had to get up and ask for our check. Food was pretty good.Special Features:
- Good sushi and sashimiAirManDined on 6/12/2014We like to go here when we are in the mood for sushi and/or sashimi. We shared the $19 combo plate, an appetizer order of vegetable tempura, and a size order of octopus. It was a feast for two and everything was delicious. We tried a bottle of Italian wine called Pinot Bianco that is from the same region as Santa Margheurita pinot grigio and it was very good. Our server was terrific at balancing being perfectly attentive but not suffocating. The only downside was a diner in the adjoining booth trying to impress some ladies he was with by complaining about everything. He sent a bottle of wine back, and I thought it was a shame that we couldn't send him back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealmmmgoodDined on 6/11/2014Went early on a weekday and it was lively but not too noisy. I always order the grilled chicken and frites and it never disappoints! The service was impeccable - waiter was super friendly and not condescending at all. I will keep going back for the outstanding food and superb service.Special Features:
- Great restaurantChrisNiemanDined on 6/7/2014Parallax is my favorite restaurant for date night with my wife. We have eaten here 3 times now and have consistently enjoyed great food, cocktails and service. We prefer to sit outside on their covered or uncovered patios. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- My Cleveland FavoriteSue916VIPDined on 6/7/2014just wrote in Trip Advisor a review stating Parallax is my most favorite restaurant in Cleve. Everything is always perfect and besides the food the restaurant and staff is all about the customer. Food is awesome with Ann inventive menu.Special Features: