Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
2179 W. Eleventh St.
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.parallaxtremont.com/
- Phone: 2165839999
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Zachary Bruell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: David Schneider 2165839999
A word from Parallax Restaurant & Lounge
While Parallax will accommodate as many walk-in guests as possible, reservations for dinner are highly recommended, especially on weekends. We look forward to giving you a wonderful dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
Parallax Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (94)special occasion (66)neighborhood gem (64)romantic (52)hot spot (32)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (14)good for groups (13)great for lunch (5)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Terrific evening outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and went for dinner at 6:00 on saturday and the restaurant was busy but not packed. By 8:30 when we left, the entire place was filled and hopping, but no-one pushed us out or hurried us along. Service was great, food selections were all prepared to perfection. We both ordered from the evening specials and were not disappointed. Topped off the meal with a berry tart for dessert that was heavenly. Ginger flavor is all over the menu so make sure you know what you are ordering in case you're not a fan of it. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- amazing food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our evening here, will definitely be returning ourselves and recommending to friends. Not a single negative aspect to this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrationVIPDined on 10/11/2014Zach has it all together in this restaurant. Could be the best food in the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crammed and NoisySteveDined on 10/11/2014I took my wife here for our anniversary, made reservations requesting a quiet table for a little romance. When the hosts looked at my request on the computer, they snickered and rolled their eyes - we ended up crammed between two parties. I scoped the restaurant to see if perhaps there were no "quiet" tables available, and counted three open for seating. The food was ok, the atmosphere was a little high-brow for the quality, the wait staff seemed nice enough (save the hosts who couldn't control the sass). Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceLuvtoeatDined on 10/11/2014we had an awesome dining experience with a group of six family members. The service was friendly and efficient, and the food was delicious. We especially loved the sushi. The special for the evening was a cabbage hot and spicy soup that was outstanding. The atmosphere was wonderfully quiet. What a find.Special Features:
- Good FoodAftershowDined on 10/4/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. We were celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary after an afternoon matinee at Playhouse Square. The food was very good and our service was very attentive and friendly. We are looking forward to our next meal at Parallax!Special Features:
- TremontdinerDined on 9/27/2014Would not go back. Four of us ordered different dinners and none of us thought our food was very good, especially for the price.
- ParralaxLuv2dineDined on 9/26/2014Great food and service. Very noisy and crowded. I had to sit between two benches where they had the table placed. Very awkward and uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerCathDined on 9/20/2014Had a "first date" dinner on the patio at Parallax. The Hanger Steak and Dante Cabernet were delicious! I will be back (just not with him:-).Special Features:
- Poor ValueTonyboDined on 9/11/2014My entree was very disappointing; it "read" better than it tasted. Very expensive and not worth the effort to determine exactly where the ingredients listed on the menu were hidden within the plate. Parallax dropped the ball on this evening. It was a special occasion birthday dinner which did not live up to our expectations.Special Features:
- Great FoodGurneyDined on 9/5/2014The only thing that kept me from rating service 5 stars is that my friend spilled his beer and I though it would have been nice to have it replaced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerPestaneVIPDined on 9/5/2014The menu has a great combination of Asian and contemporary cuisine. Very testing. Beautiful presentation. Very veried wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie doctravelmamaDined on 9/5/2014This always is a great place. We have been to Players at least a dozen times and never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bland entreeAnonymousDined on 9/5/2014We looked forward to our second meal at Parallax because the first was spectacular, and we have been fortunate to enjoy delicious meals at a number of Zach Bruell restaurants. Mr. Bruell was even in the house this evening! The appetizers of salad and pot stickers were excellent, as was the ginger creme brulee dessert. But while the walleye was perfectly cooked, the corn and pepper sauce side dish was unappealingly sour. Similarly the seafood in the stew was tender and succulent but in an utterly tasteless broth. The service, as always, was impeccable.
- Hope for better next timeBeemerboyVIPDined on 9/3/2014Expected fab seafood. Ordered grouper cheeks. Over cooked and smothered in sauce. Not sure I would give it another try. Nice ambiance and very good service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014great! meal delicious and our waiter was well informed and responsive- had a wonderful table(#45) and it was a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Always good!thompke1Dined on 8/29/2014I'm on a restricted diet. Our waitress was so patient with me. She took all the time I needed to review what I couldn't and could eat. She made sure the chef prepared my meal properly. She was fantastic! It was great to see Zack there expediting too!Special Features:
- GREAT SUSHIWineNDineDined on 8/23/2014Just had a first date there and it was a great place and a killer setting to impress someone. Definitely will be going back there again!!!!!Special Features:
- MemoriesDined on 8/23/2014Everything was awesome the crepe was to die for as well as the perch and the wolf fish. Awesome awesome awesomeSpecial Features:
- Over The TopFantasticFoodDined on 8/23/2014The food was outstanding. The drinks were unique. Parallax gets better and better all of the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMikeVIPDined on 8/21/2014Besides the noise level it was a wonderfule experience. The drinks were generous and reasonably priced and the food was absolutely delicious. The service was also first rate including being flexible about swapping different sides. Overall it was a great experience despite the fact that the Walleye serving was very small.Special Features:
- Bs45Dined on 8/21/2014The food was great. Can't wait to come back. We really enjoyed everything Parallax had to offer.Special Features:
- Delicious and Charmingart4life44Dined on 8/16/2014A great little spot with amazing food. A small, quaint place great for a date night!Special Features:
- Second Time, Same Great ResultMintMillennialDined on 8/16/2014This past Saturday evening was my second time at Parallax, and I've already made reservations before the summer ends to go a third time! It reminds me of a restaurant you might find in the West Village of NYC. Great tasting food, unique menu and an energetic atmosphere. I'm a 25 year-old Cleveland native, who recently moved back to Ohio City from the East Coast. I've been to Parallax with a group of friends, on a date, and plan on taking my parents out for a treat with my third trip.Special Features:
- On the tourJoelVIPDined on 8/14/2014Stop #4 on the Zach Bruell tour, and all have been great. Looking forward to finishing the tour at Chinato next week and being in the running. It was nice to meet Zach, as well. We will be back to all his places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit to ParallaxTonyDVIPDined on 8/13/2014Great ambience both inside and outside. Liked the bar as well. The menu is very creative. I had the Lupa de Mar which was cooked in a Red Thai Curry. Outstanding. I also tried the Swordfish belly which was also outstanding. We had a new server but she did a FANTASTIC job and made the experience even better.Special Features:
- Great food, bad experiencefood4thoughtDined on 8/11/2014The server seemed insincere with his enthusiasm. Every time our group asked for something he would say "that would be no problem." However the tone of his voice said otherwise. Two members of our group were visiting from outside the country and the server seemed very irritated when we had to translate or explain things to them. Also, as our guests were from South America they are accustomed to having lemonade with crushed ice. We kindly made the request, which was "no problem." Unfortunately the result was a lemonade mix poured over a half crushed glass of ice. I think spending $100 minimum at a restaurant merits real lemons. In addition tables should be far enough away so that guests are not touching each other or the waiter.
- Dinner on August 9thJoe123Dined on 8/9/2014This was the first time for my girl friend I at Parrallax and what a great first impression. Food was great and ingredients fresh. Our waiter was wonderful and the wine fantastic. We will definitely recommend to others. We now have a more difficult choice to make when going to Tremont, Parrallax or Fat Cats.Special Features:
- MikeDined on 8/9/2014The decor was pretty drab and basic, but the food was very good. Like any place in Tremont, valet parking is a must.Special Features:
- Another SuccessDadOneDined on 8/2/2014Hosted some good friends from the suburbs for their first time visit. Their straightforward comment: "wow, we had no idea !!! Thanks for introducing us". All in all another good evening, and as usualSpecial Features:
- Met at Parallax with friendsMACAXVIPDined on 8/1/2014Outstanding service, food was well timed and tasted fabulous. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JakensDined on 7/31/2014The food was amazing and the service was impeccable!Special Features:
- ShipskVIPDined on 7/30/2014Consistently a fantastic meal served with attentive service!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent experience. Food was spectacular and our waiter was 5star.Special Features:
- Great food & service, crowded.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014First time at Parallax, but it won't be the last. I jumped on OpenTable at 7:45pm (on a Saturday) and booked a table for 8pm. We arrived on time, and they walked us right back. The cocktails were delicious, and the sushi was excellent. The service was spot-on. Some of the best i've received in Tremont, and possibly Cleveland as a whole. My only criticism would be the spacing of the tables along the booth side of the restaurant. If they took just one table out of the row, it would have made for a much more comfortable experience. Great meal otherwise!Special Features:
- Trendy, upscale diningLoverofallthingsQualityDined on 7/26/2014We had a great meal at Parallax and enjoyed the ambiance and service as well. It is close quarters inside the restaurant, with narrow aisles and not a lot of room between the tables, which I would say is the biggest drawback.Special Features:
- A terrific Tremont gem!LakeshorefoodiesDined on 7/24/2014Had a terrific experince at one of Tremonts gems. Went to Parallax with my brother for a belated birthday dinner, this was our first time dining here, we were not disappointed. The staff was very attentive, and knowledgeable about the wine. We asked for a few recommendations for appetizers and entree's and were not disappointed. The food was excellent, were had the grilled pork chops and pork belly as an appetizer. Will make this restaurant a regular Place to visit and recommend to all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceLandow5Dined on 7/22/2014I had the warm goat cheese salad, the swordfish belly & the chocolate mousse cake. I'm still dreaming about how good it all was 2 days later. And the excellent service made us feel like we were the most important table in the place -- even though every table was full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good date night restaurantfromClevelandDined on 7/19/2014My partner and I went to dinner here later one evening and we were happy to find such a busy place so close to home. The menu had plenty of gourmet options and I was happy to see several dishes feature locally sourced ingredients. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to people looking for a place to go on a special occasion but I personally found the prices a bit steep to include this restaurant in regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Asian-Inspired DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014Typical of Bruell, nothing on the menu is exactly what you expect it to be, but everything is delicious. We ate on the enclosed patio, which was comfortable, despite it being a cool and rainy evening. The inside tables look a bit cramped. My girlfriend and I shared an appetizer and an entree each (we had them bring everything out at once). The short rib pot stickers are nothing to write home about, but they're good. The potato pancakes with smoke salmon were excellent, with a very generous portion of very good lox. The pork belly noodles were fantastic, as was the panko-fried scallop sushi (the scallop inside remains uncooked, with a crispy-fried outside). The service was good, what I would expect from a restaurant of this caliber.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.