3507 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paragonthairestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2022372777
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai, Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
A word from Paragon Thai
Paragon Thai is among the first to prove that Thai food outside Thailand could be absolutely authentic. Along with its evocative flavors of lemongrass, sweet basil, chili and coconut milk, Paragon Thai’s food is the result of subtle blending of herbs and spices with the variety of crispy freshness of stir-fried vegetables, curries, and rice sauce in beautifully decoration dishes. You will find a professional and very friendly Thai staff that is more than happy to talk to you about food, wines, Thai culture and its history.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paragon Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
- We usually have a good experienceLovinggoodfoodVIPDined on 6/8/2012We usually have a good experience at Paragon Thai. This visit, my husband had a seafood dish. The clams stayed with him way too long. My pad thai was very tasty as always. We'll be back but we will order differently.
- Very tasty Thai at a mostMsPieVIPDined on 5/18/2012Very tasty Thai at a most reasonable price. Would certainly go again.
- I love the place. I try newannfromdcDined on 5/8/2012I love the place. I try new dishes each time and they are always good.
- The food here is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/27/2012The food here is consistently good. The service is usually fine, which is a compliment given the terrible customer service in this city. We typically order delivery, so I was a little surprised by the overall appearance of the restaurant -- it could use a good cleaning.
- Make sure the hostess reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/30/2012Make sure the hostess really understands that yu have an open table reservation. It was tough getting our points for this one.
- Decent enough, but nothing specialDarrylVIPDined on 3/28/2012Pretty much your run of the mill Thai restaurant which is not hard to find in DC. It's good enough to go on a regular basis. The prices are reasonable, the food is good, and the service is good (especially since the place is about the size of a large living room). If you have a favorite Thai dish, I am sure it is on the extensive menu, but there are no major surprises. Decor that you've seen a thousand times. I usually err on the side of getting the special, and that decision didn't disappoint at Paragon. Would I travel from other parts of the city to get a special meal? Not likely, but if you are in the Cleveland Park area (literally steps from the Metro), and have a taste for traditional (Americanized) Thai, Paragon is a good choiceSpecial Features:
- Great Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/24/2012A happy date-night surprise. Paragon is very comfortable and welcoming. The whole flounder with ginger/black bean sauce was excellent. They served the sauce on the side, which I wasn't used to, but yummy anyway. Good size for 2 people. I also loved the eggplant; again the sauce was quite tasty. The Chicken Green curry seemed to have some Indian spices as well as Thai. I wasn't wild about it, but my husband liked it. Not much of a wine list, but that's not what we came for. We'll be back. I think our teen kids would like it too.Special Features:
- It was the worst service IOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2012It was the worst service I have received in the last ten years. We out all the time. At least twice a week. Waitress was unresponsive and very slow. She acted like she did not want to serve us. Food was okay but not great. I would recommend that people stay away from here.
- My husband and I stopped inOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/28/2012My husband and I stopped in one night when a neighboring restaurant took forever to seat is and we were really hungry well let's just say that we have never gone back to the first restaurant but we have been back to Paragon Thai more times than I can count. The inside is pretty simple but clean and neat. The service can be hit or miss but never horrible, but the food is Delicious!!! The first couple times we stuck with what we new but we have been making it a point to try different things and we haven't been disappointed yet!!Special Features:
- Best Thai in the city, handsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/22/2012Best Thai in the city, hands down! Wish they had a larger delivery radius.
- Was impress with the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Was impress with the food definitely will go back for more great place for a first date everyone .Special Features:
- Great meal. Food was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/6/2012Great meal. Food was excellent, and moderately priced. The food was served very quickly, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you're there for.Special Features:
- Pretty good hole in the wallLeahVIPDined on 1/6/2012Pretty good hole in the wall Thai place in Cleveland Park. All the basics with some great spice.Special Features:
- there are mny other thai placesNoBethesdaEaterVIPDined on 12/25/2011there are mny other thai places in DC, but this is a good one in van nessSpecial Features:
- We thought the food was excellent.DiningoutgroupDined on 12/5/2011We thought the food was excellent. We couldn't decide what was best--the duck, panang curry or the noodle dish. Definitely would go back again.Special Features:
- First time there and wouldJudyVIPDined on 10/7/2011First time there and would go again...The three of us enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- great thai food//walking distanceJohnNPaulDined on 9/24/2011great thai food//walking distance from woodley park, van ness and chevy chase neighborhoodsSpecial Features:
- Small store-front restaurantsoupiemacVIPDined on 8/23/2011Small store-front restaurant with a nice waitstaff and fast service. Very convenient to Metro -- just outside Cleveland Park East exit. Enjoyed the Crab Wonton appetizer. The Softshell Crab Pad Thai was excellent. Will go back when in the area.
- We had a group of 8, includingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/14/2011We had a group of 8, including a few kids and they did a great job.Special Features:
- Go for the food, not the ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2011Go for the food, not the ambiance. I would recommend the blue motorcycle and pad thai with soft shell crab.Special Features:
- A very convenient locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2011A very convenient location with good parking. An extensive menu with well prepared dishes.Special Features:
- The waiters are not awareOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/30/2011The waiters are not aware that the apetizers must be served first. Then, the soup. Finally, the entree. Here (like in some Asian places) apetizers + soup is served al at once.Special Features:
- The food is always spot on.DCDinerVIPDined on 6/18/2011The food is always spot on. The steak special I had was made with top quality beef and authentically prepared Thai basil. I wish they'd keep it on the menu. The restaurant's Pad Thai is always delicious. Another standout is the laab gai.Special Features:
- Excellent Thai food. PortionsJohnNPaulDined on 5/22/2011Excellent Thai food. Portions are perfect. Service staff is attentive.Special Features: