Paragon Restaurant & Bar - San Francisco
701 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 94107Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
Paragon Restaurant & Bar - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://paragonrestaurant.com/home.sanfrancisco
- Phone: 4155379020x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 10:00pm; Dinner: Saturday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Stafford Mather
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Paragon Restaurant in San Francisco is the ideal venue for private parties, receptions, corporate and convention groups and celebrations at nearby AT&T Park.
We offer two beautiful indoor private event rooms – our Gallery Room or our intimate Library Room – and a very unique and spacious Outdoor Patio. For larger parties, we offer a full restaurant buy-out.
Our Executive Chef will create the perfect menu for your event - whether it's a sit-down dinner, standing reception or appetizer-heavy cocktail party. Special requests are easily accommodated.
We offer a full bar with classic cocktails, specialty drinks, local, regional wines and an eclectic list of artisanal, craft beers.
A word from Paragon Restaurant & Bar - San Francisco
Paragon is a neighborhood gastropub serving ingredient-driven, honest food, craft beers, unique cocktails and eclectic wines. Located in the South of Market (SOMA) district of San Francisco and just one block from AT&T Park, Paragon features loft-like ceilings, custom décor and a roll-up garage door that leads out onto a sunny outdoor patio. Paragon's design aesthetic fits perfectly in this industrial-meets-artsy neighborhood: reclaimed barn wood and hand-painted subway tiles can be admired throughout the restaurant and the lounge area is flanked by a giant chalkboard announcing the available craft beers above a well-worn communal table made out of rusted metal and reclaimed Koa wood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paragon Restaurant & Bar - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (39)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (29)great for outdoor dining (25)hot spot (18)fit for foodies (14)great for brunch (7)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- just good foodozikboyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Consistently very good...surprised it is not packed with Diners before the Game. Food is superior to MOMO'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraVIPDined on 7/30/2014Always a great place to go before a Giants game. I had a Cobb salad. YUM! .....and my husband had a grilled cheese. I had a bite - delicious,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- if you're going to the ballparkByeByeBabyDined on 7/29/2014just okay...best sit down in the hood if you're going to the Giants game...no other reason to go thereSpecial Features:
- Great game day placeKTK318VIPDined on 7/29/2014Great food with enthusiastic crowd before Giants game. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JewelluvgiantsandgoodfoodDined on 7/29/2014Traffic was backed up due to a Giants game and we were going to be 10 minutes late, but I called to let Paragon know we were close. The receptionist was polite, cheerful, and assured us that our reservation would be available! Paragon's service was excellent, food was incredibly delicious, North Coast beer was one of the best dark beers we've tasted! This was our first visit and we may start a family tradition to start our day with a lovely meal at Paragon followed by watching our beloved Giants! They lost to the Pirates that evening, but we had a great meal at Paragon, enjoyed our beautiful evening game by the bay!Special Features:
- Giants FanGiantsFanDined on 7/28/2014Excellent pre-game place with good food, good bar and excellent service. Lots of fun and easy to book on OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Office lunchSujitPalDined on 7/14/2014We did an office lunch here with a group of 10 people. I have previously been here with one person. Both times have been great - good food, quick and friendly service. The place was crowded for lunch both times but did not feel cramped. Food is different kinds of salads and sandwiches but its not standard American diner food - the food is delicious and well presented and different enough to be interesting.Special Features:
- Good Service, Okay FoodSolarMoxieDined on 7/9/2014Our server, Katherine, was spectacular. Very nice to sit outside on a perfect day. Food just mediocre.Special Features:
- KdpvDined on 7/2/20143 people in our group had the pulled pork sandwich. Pork, while cooked nicely, had too much barbeque sauce mixed in, hiding the flavor of the meat. Nothing special about the bun; looked and tasted like grocery store variety. Fries were too highly seasoned. Cole slaw should be a no cost substitute for fries. Hamburger was a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Pre-Giants Game Hot Spot!BuckeyeGiantDined on 7/1/2014This is the must-do spot for grabbing an early dinner with some friends then heading to AT&T for a Giants game! Food, drinks and vibe of the place are all outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/27/2014Stopped in for drinks and appetizers prior to a recent Giants game. Nice calamari. Healthy dose of house greens - a lot of salad! Enjoyed the service and ambiance. Thanks to Open Table for getting me a day-of-game table!Special Features:
- animal82VIPDined on 6/27/2014Went to the Paragon twice in June. They had just switched to their summer menu and the Corn Fritters appetizer was outstanding. Unfortunately the second time I went they were out. In fact both times I dined their they seemed to be out of some items. Not sure if there is an ordering or planning issue with the kitchen. Service was great both times - very friendly and prompt. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- love to be recognizableKaypartyDined on 6/17/2014We love seeing those staff still working there since it's open, recognizing us with warm greeting.Special Features:
- Frequent flierWallyVIPDined on 6/13/2014We almost always dine here when going to a SF Giants game. It is in a great location and has a lot of delicious menu options. The staff is attentive and the service is prompt.Special Features:
- MehLoves2EatVIPDined on 6/11/2014I came here for the first time when I saw the restaurant listed on both the Dine About Town website AND OpenTable's Dine About Town promo site. We only found out when we got seated, the restaurant was actually NOT offering the promotion. At some point in between May 28, 2014 and June 11, 2014, the restaurant had removed themselves from the promotion. Our waitress acted like it was completely absurd I had even asked about the Dine About Town promotion! I even checked my email confirmation of the reservation to make sure I was correct, and I was!! The restaurant was so busy and service was very slow, so I didn't even bother complaining to a manager. I definitely did not want to have spit in my food! I will not be dining here in the future.Special Features:
- Great for business lunchMikeDined on 6/10/2014Will definitely be back with other clients in the future.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating two birthday dinners and told our server but they did not bring a piece of cake nor ice cream. The menu was pretty limited and the manager kept looking at our table waiting for us to leave she wasn't friendly had a frown on her face and honestly all of the workers looked unhappy. We found an I phone in the ladies restroom and we turned it in to the manager she just kinda grabbed it without a thank you. So we won't be back thanks for the awful time !
- Slow serviceReneeVIPDined on 6/6/2014I've been to this restaurant many times, however, the service was extremely slow, we had to track down the waiter for jut first and second cocktail and for dinner and then the check. Will wait awhile before I go here again.Special Features:
- near the ball parkOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 6/6/2014Food & wine was so-so....but the right location for a meal before the baseball game.Special Features:
- Pre Game MustWallyVIPDined on 5/28/2014This restaurant is our favorite place to have a really good meal before a Giants game. Day or night game. The food is excellent, they serve you quickly, and it's one block from ATT park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paragon excels...BobsaysDined on 5/27/2014Paragon is consistently good, with above average service (server turnover is a problem - the ball park crowd keeps staff churn very high) but overall a good experience...and the food is very good - nice combinations and nice variety from burgers to excellent salads and soups.Special Features:
- DrJ2Dined on 5/18/2014Always enjoy Paragon. A great spot for a meal before a Giants game; although the lunch menu on game days is really limited.Special Features:
- Best pre & post Giants dinner fareEat2BhealthyDined on 5/17/2014Paragon does not disappoint. Food was delicious, well priced and wait staff was very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-game MealFoodLoverDined on 5/16/2014Several of us met before a Giants' game for an early dinner. The restaurant was crazy busy but the servers had their priorities straight...after a few minutes to puruse the menu, our order was taken and very shortly we were served a tasty and hot meal. The food not only tasted good but looked good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudKrisVIPDined on 5/13/2014We went to Paragon before a Giants game and it was incredibly loud, so loud we couldn't have a conversation. The food and drink was okay, the service spotty, and considering the crush of humanity it was not a pleasant experience. Don't think I'll return. It's great for the frat boys and girls who like to yuk it up and drink themselves silly before a baseball game.Special Features:
- First TimeschoolDined on 5/10/2014Food was quite good. Ambience pleasant. Service good.Special Features:
- Great Find!StanDined on 5/6/2014Located a block away from at&t Park, home of the San Francisco Giants, Paragon offers excellent dining and a great wine list. Perfect for entertaining clients, or just a way to take a break from your busy workday, Paragon is a wonderful experience to be had.Special Features:
- great food, nice spotdoltondDined on 5/2/2014Interesting menu, great food, fun place - we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-game spotHappy2eatDined on 4/29/2014This place is great. I wish we went there more often than pre-Giants games. Three of us had the salmon & it was outstanding. I had the "crispy" skin chicken & it was memorable. The wait staff is always efficient and courteous. And last but not least, they have Old Rasputin Imperial Ale on draft.Special Features:
- The following 406 reviews are from the Paragon Restaurant & Bar - San Francisco reviews archive.
- BarbaraVIPDined on 4/17/2014We always like to go to Paragon before a SF Giants day game. We shared a Cobb salad and a Chicken sandwich. Both were yummy! Paragon's Cobbs are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2014We always have a wonderful time. Everyone there is very friendly and the service is outstanding! Everything we have ordered is great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2014Great for dinner or drinks before or after Giants game!!!Special Features:
- OverpricedRobertDined on 4/11/2014The food and drinks were way over priced for the quality. The waiter was good but the back up staff were lacking.
- quality of food is up to parMichaelDined on 4/7/2014quality of food is up to par for a business lunch although its not a place i would bring anyone to out of my way.. its a convenient locaitons thats all
- Just another lunch w/ a colleaguebayareaprofessionalDined on 3/5/2014Lunch at Paragon was great as usual for meeting with other professionals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatdianaluDined on 3/4/2014This is my second time dining at Paragon and the experience has been consistently great! Kale salad a must for lunch! Service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedNoKaleVIPDined on 3/1/2014The crispy chicken with brussel sprouts was quite good. The bread pudding was a little sweet for me but the portion was huge... good for sharing if you have a really sweet tooth. Service was attentive. I'm rarely impressed with restaurants near ballparks but Paragon was quite a few notches above the usual suspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go somewhere else.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/21/2014Every single thing took 3 times as long as it would at any other restaurant. Service was so SLOW. Meals came out at different times, and some were cold and under cooked. Some of their beers on draught were flat. I will not be going back.
- Valentines dinnerDavidDined on 2/14/2014Overall good atmosphere. Food average, price high. Service was good but selection was limited. A lot of great restaurants in SF, so i probably wouldnt go back. Found on open table. Appeared that others around me werent so impressed so maybe it was a trend. Id recommend paragon for a drink after work but not for a memorable dinner on a special occassion. Solid C grade.Special Features:
- Good service and great food.ElizabethDined on 2/14/2014Good service and great food. It is a great spot for a lovely evening out. They've done a great job minimizing the noise level. Have been going to this restaurant for years and at one time lived in the building above. Highly recommended!Special Features: