Paragon Restaurant & Bar
2125 Queen Anne Ave N
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Paragon Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paragonseattle.com/
- Phone: 2062834548
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Brunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm -11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Christopher Hartfield
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music 5 nights a week, never a cover charge!
A word from Paragon Restaurant & Bar
Paragon is known for its lively bar and critically acclaimed “old world cuisine with new world fusion.” Make yourself comfortable at the 30 foot long bar or relax in a plush booth and savor seasonal specialties. (New specials added daily) The inviting decor mixes contemporary artistry with a nostalgic ambiance. Sit by the fireside and enjoy very live music 5 nights a week. Never a cover and always a good time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paragon Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- anniversary giftOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2014got this as an anniversary gift -- wonderful memories -- heard our wedding band here. Good food -- wanted all the side dishes, they sounded so good great service, nice atmosphere music later if you stay up late enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new fall menuLunaDined on 9/11/2014The new menu this week was excellent! A little of everything from seafood to short ribs to sandwiches, all of which were good. Portions were large and filling enough for big guys. Will come back soon!Special Features:
- Great first impressionMrAdventureDined on 7/19/2014My first visit to the Paragon was on a Saturday evening. I brought a date; we ate early (6PM) on our way to a dance. We asked to be seated in the back section, where it was a little more quiet. I loved the ambience: lots of wood and brick with white tablecloths. Our service was excellent, the food delicious and pricing reasonable. It was a perfect dinner, and we will be back.Special Features:
- Past visits were betterCherDined on 6/28/2014Seems it may have changed hands recently. The menu was sparse for appetizers and the waitress a bit rude!
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2014My family and I went to Paragon for Brunch and the food was pretty good but the service was horrible. After being shown to our seats our waitress never came to ask us if we wanted coffee or drinks, she didn't arrive until we were ready to order food. By the time we did order they had ran out of a couple of the food options that we wanted to order which would've been nice before she tried to take our order. We had to keep asking for refills for coffee and creamer. Overall the customer service wasn't there, it looked like they were understaffed. But the food was pretty good. Probably won't be going back.Special Features:
- The following 21 reviews are from the Paragon Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Went here on a whim before the opera. Nice sports bar with eclectic clientele, excellent food and attentive service---it was pretty early (5:00) so can't speak to the later crowd. Had fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottomless mimosas!LRain83Dined on 4/12/2014We went to Paragon for a ladies brunch to catch up with friends and hopefully have a nice relaxing morning. The staff at Paragon was fantastic! We were there eating and drinking for over 3 hours, and we never felt rushed or pressured to leave. The food was great, and I would absolutely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date spot for professionalsDanSeattleDined on 2/28/2014This is a higher-end restaurant with reasonable prices. Took a date out for drinks, hoping to take advantage of their HH, which comes highly recommended. Unfortunately, the bar portion of the restaurant gets crazy busy. But it worked out better, as we were led to the back of the restaurant which had a really nice/romantic look to it. The layout and ambiance is very nice. Although we couldn't take advantage of their HH menu, we still ordered a few items from the full menu that were very good. My only complaint is that they were out of a very nice wine my date wanted, and they instead suggested a Beringer. And if you know anything about wine, you know that any server who recommends Beringer immediately loses their credibility as a server.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014It was good-- Live music was a bit too noisy for talking, but overall good experience. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Dinner before the Show2bNatashaDined on 2/15/2014Made reservations at the Paragon for dinner the same day. Happily found a table there. When we entered we where greeted by a friendly but not to much so, hostess. Seated quickly. When the waiter came over explained we had tickets to the theatre that night and he said he would keep it in mind. Service was fast and friendly. Managed to get in 3 course and made it to the show perfectly. The food was very good. Not exceptional. The prime rib dip was mouth watering but the Calamari was a bit on the chewy side. Just a bit. I've had plenty worse. What was missing was the traditional aioli. What we got was like a guacamole dip and some sweet chili. The sweet chili wasn't bad but not better the aioli by any means.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014More reasonably priced than I expected. Very helpful server.Special Features:
- always a pleasureSuzanneDined on 2/7/2014I've dined many times here - with just my husband, with a large group of friends, and with kids. Have also come to just the bar many times to see music, come to Paragon events (New Year's, running of bulls, etc). and those are fun too. The food is excellent - I'm a big fan of the steak salad and the caesar salad is incredible. I also have ordered the burger without a bun and it's quite tasty. My kids love the calamari, my husband raves about the petit fillet. Service always prompt and friendly. Friendly bartenders. Bar scene lively but not overbearing. Good tunes in the bar later at night and good shows too. I am a repeat customer and will keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Gastropub HappeningTtopperDined on 12/31/2013Great time Ina nice comfy Queen Anne restaurant that been around awhile. Not the cool place according to some as it use to be. However, good variety of mid-level Seattle cuisine or a Gastropub that won't break the bank. Very friendly staff and acceptable wine list and craft beers. Definitely I will go back.Special Features:
- ParagonHuskyHansDined on 12/31/2013We were here with a group on New Years eve and they did a great job with how busy they were. Food was good not great with a couple of our dishes were luke warm. Server was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food was excellent. We also really enjoyed the live music!Special Features:
- Southern Dude will returnRickjopDined on 11/23/2013I am a southern dude who thoroughly enjoyed a gourmet version of the foods he grew up on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavorful Eats!Suziek27Dined on 10/11/2013I sought out a dinner venue that had a touch of southern creole and found what I was looking for I had some lighly breaded popcorn crawfish wiht a red pepper aoili, a flavorful porkshop with Mac n' cheese and tried my BFs shrmip and grits. While the shrimp and grits were good, they were not the creole shrimp and grits we were hoping for. I'd go back here again.Special Features:
- DisappointedluvgoodfoodDined on 9/28/2013Based on reviews I had expected an American menu with fairly good quality good. The food was marginal at best. Also the appearance of the restaurant is run down and tired. There were customers in the bar, but very few in the restaurant on a Saturday night. The wait staff was friendly and helpful.
- Come for the mimosas, not the foodAmandaDined on 9/22/2013Sub par food, but the bottomless mimosas and quick, attentive servers made up for that. I'm not sure if they skimp on food quality to keep up with the mimosa demand, but in a group of 6 we all pretty much decided our meals weren't the best. I'd come back for the bottomless mimos, but I want to see the menu change up a bit. Good location. Football on the TVs on Sundays. All around, a lot of potential.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They handled a party of 10jksimDined on 7/10/2013They handled a party of 10 without a problem and we could hear each other talk. The food was very good, as always, and the scallops were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the neighborhood feelCharleyDined on 7/3/2013From the moment you walk in you are greeted by a smiling hostess, The menu is great and the martinis are just the way I like them! If you have to have a quick lunch they are great with getting us served and out in a timely manner! Love the fact that they can open up the huge front windows when the weather is nice and you can enjoy the outdoors without sitting on the 'sidewalk'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for live music...tantrikDined on 6/29/2013This is a good place for decent food, great live music/ ambiance and both young/ energetic crowd. Wouldn't mind going back despite some poor reviews on yelp/ other sites.Special Features:
- Went for the music....AlyxxDined on 5/24/2013My partner and I are always looking for places that have food and live music. There are MANY here in Seattle, so we hadn't tried Paragon yet. It was pretty good. The food was tasty, though the choices were limited for anyone with dietary issues, just a heads up. The music was a guy doing covers of music from the 70's-90's. He was fun. The down side was that we got there at 8, he was supposed to come on at 9 but it was closer to 10 before he started, so the night got late, fast. I would overall recommend Paragon, but it isn't AMAZING, just good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paragon, neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013I loved the relaxed atmosphere where jeans and a tee shirt are equally comfortable as a dress and heels. The food is reasonably priced and these are pretty good eats. Portions are a bit small if you are in hungry hungry mode, add a salad or dessert. Service is fair,but don't expect your needs to be anticipated, if you want anything it can be tricky to flag someone down. Overall a pretty good deal.Special Features:
- Good but wanted moreKongeegenDined on 5/12/2013This restaurant is good, but I left wanting more. More selection on the menu and more ambiance. The brunch selection was a rather slim choosing of 8 or 9 menu items and had no breakfast children's menu at all (though they made my daughter a huge pancake. The ambiance is more of a saloon than a full on restaurant, their bar area is so large it dominates the room and really sets the tone that this is a bar first and restaurant second. I would go back, but more likely when I am in a fun party type mood and not in the mood for an intimate mothers day meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- After a previous reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013After a previous reservation fell through I needed a place to have a late lunch to celebrate my mom's birthday. I live in the neighborhood and had not been here yet, so I figured why not.? Fast, friendly, and great food. Server was attentive and personable, made my mom laugh and brought her a birthday dessert. She was pleased and so were we! Thanks again.Special Features: